Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E03: The Prince and the Pauper

A prince arrives at Bellacourt Manor at the invitation of the Commodore, prompting a spirited romantic rivalry between Lillian and Beatrice, but Peepers clashes with the royal servant over how to be a butler. Meanwhile, Hamish gets reading lessons in prison from his cellmate.

I knew the twist of the prince and servant was coming but the whole Blanche's chance to be a princess being taken from her by Peepers was a surprise. 

Chair remembers who she really is, yay!   I can't wait to see what comes next.  She's my favorite villain since they are all so awful I can't help rooting for her to mess with them.

• Love 3

I actually didn't see the twist coming, but I did think something was going to come out of Aasif Mandvi playing the "servant", beyond simply being a rival for Peepers.  Also didn't see Peepers getting his revenge by throwing the butler manual at them, and preventing the prince from marrying Blanche.  Poor Blanche though.  Sure, she may be a loon, but that has to be rough!

Chair is really back!  After a brief stint of amnesia, she know remembers everything except who pushed her down the stairs.  I can't wait to see her try to find out; especially since it looks like she's made Blanche her new buddy.  Loved how Christina Hendricks switched from the amnesiac, "nice" Chair, into the normal, smirking, up to no good Chair, after she was pushed a second time.

Finally checked in on Hamish.  Since he's still in prison, I'm guessing we'll be seeing more of Ron Funches' cellmate in future episodes. 

The cold opening with the Vanderbilts might have been one of my favorites.

• Love 3

"Hey, I bet your whole life people have been telling you you're stupid..." *sentimental music plays* "....and they're right, you ARE stupid." 

This show is priceless. So far this season is pretty much flawless---the acting, the writing, the way I can enjoy watching every single one of these people so very much despite/because of how very awful they are :) 

• Love 2

I didn't see the 'switch' until the reveal either, but I should have because it was so obvious. Once that happened, I totally get that Peepers was going to out-butler everyone. He is a consummate professional. 

I keep wanting Peepers and Carson from DA to have a butler-off to see who is the most badass butler of all.

Blanche is always pure gold as a very convincing looney.  I was hoping she'd get to be a princess, too, but of course, she's too good at being Blanche the scene stealer, so we knew that wasn't going to happen.

Lillian farting in the hot air balloon while on her date and insisting the servant wipe her ass was hilarious.

• Love 1