Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E13: Reunion

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

How do we know that Andy required her to be present at the reunion when she didn't want to be? I'm just curious, several posters have said this and I'm wondering how they know?  Isn't it in their contract that they are to be at the reunion? If she didn't want to be subjected to having to explain herself then maybe she should choose not to be on the show at all next season.  Doubt that's gonna happen. She'll be there front and center stealing the spotlight with her craziness all over again. 

It is in their contract as a main paid player on the show, they have to be there of forfeit their salary and pay a fine. Bravo pays their  flight and hotel accommodations.  Makeup and wardrobe people. You can Google and find stories about Kathryn cancelling 4 flights from Charleston, that Bravo paid for, before finally sitting her ass into a seat so she wouldn't have to return the contract salary she's already blown through.

13 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Patricia has also never been to a reunion or on WWHL. 

She's not a main star on the show. She does get paid a stipend for them filming at her home, her and the butler, etc. When you're one of the people whose image appears on the opening credits, you have to attend.

• Love 5

When Kim Richards was one of the main players, and away in rehab, she was excused from appearing and it was told why. Kathryn should have been in rehab also, but wasn't, and if she had been would also have been excused. Illness or death of a close family member are the only excuses for absence. 

• Love 2
On 6/28/2016 at 1:28 AM, IvyDancer said:

As a lifelong academic, I just cannot understand how #NewCraig's school is allowing him to take an indefinite period of time to finish his thesis.

I highly doubt they are... unless you read that somewhere.  Like someone else stated a school might give a certain number of years but probably has to be approved.  Which I doubt Craig's is.  He probably just royally hosed a bunch of money down the drain on a non-existent law degree.  Which is really sad. 

I friend did just about the same thing but with a massage therapist license/degree (whatever they get).  She went through the whole schooling, got up to clinicals and just quit.  She had like 2-3 weeks left of clinicals.  She went and worked at a gas station for many many years instead. I was so disappointed in here.

On 6/28/2016 at 9:23 AM, Neurochick said:

It seriously could be; she looked kind of zonked out to me.

Maybe she thought this show would be great to launch her career, but I don't know what that is, maybe it's "reality show star."

Maybe that's why she never went with Craig, not enough $$$.

She did sleep with Craig - and I also believe it's because she thought he had money (he sure acted like he did) but then found out he didn't.

On 6/28/2016 at 11:26 AM, beesknees said:

Then on last week's episode didn't Shep's date Robin (who is Landon's GF) say to Shep (paraphrasing here) "Did Landon finally admit that she slept with Thomas?"  I have no problem with Landon sleeping with men in her friendship circle.  Kathryn certainly did.  The difference is that Kathryn owns her shit and I think Landon's not.

On 6/28/2016 at 11:28 AM, biakbiak said:

Shep did not ever say they had sex he said they made out in a closet. Also, Robin's statement could be interpreted in more than one way, she didn't say admit she asked if the fight was about them having sex, which is was the fight was about even if it wasn't true.

Robin said "do you think she will admit she slept with thomas?"   Which really could go two different wants.  1. Robin was saying Landon did sleep with him or 2. Robin is asking if Landon would admit it if she did it - although it obviously came across as #1.

22 hours ago, izabella said:

I haven't seen a "verification" except that the custody order requires that Kathryn be supervised when she has the kids. Thomas does not have to have supervised time with his kids. 

I doubt Landon would have said it if it weren't true.  If it weren't true, Kathryn would have brought the receipts to show it's not true (in the most loud and obnoxious way possible, no doubt), especially since it was all over the tabloids before the reunion was taped, so she knew this would come up.

In any case, the reunion isn't over and Part 1 was (conveniently) edited to end on that supposed cliffhanger.  Part 2 will likely pick up right there after Kathryn walks out, and we'll hear the rest.

Kathryn did say that Thomas cheated which I wouldn't doubt if it were true.  When it first came out that Thomas passed and she did not, I called shenanigans.

And I'm not sure I would say Kathryn was high during the reunion... maybe she would be stupid enough to do that after she just failed a court ordered drug test but i hope not.   But to me she came across as someone that easily gets upset and doesn't know how to express herself properly when that upset. To me it looked like she had a lot of anxiety which just made her act weird.

I could be wrong though. I just wish she could learn how to handle herself better in those situations.  Even if she were still trying to throw out insults, just a little more calm and level headed while doing so would work better for her.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, glowlights said:

Pretty sure it's in their contracts to be present, but there should be an allowance for illness, which includes mental illness or substance problems, imo

Kathryn would have to admit she has a mental illness or a drug problem first.  And she will never do that, so she has to show up if she wants to keep her Bravo paycheck.

• Love 1

I heard about Kathryn failing her drug tests (hair & urine) the night the C- FAB Four appeared on WWHL, a week or two before the season 3 finale.  Love her or hate her, in Charleston everything Kathryn says, or does ends up the in all the local papers.

• Love 2

Well, that was uncomfortable.  It looked like everyone would rather that Kathryn be somewhere else (including Andy).  I think there has to be more than just drugs going on there.  At least it appears that she really did set out to snag a rich husband.  She just didn't figure that Thomas would never propose.  I wonder if Kensie had been a boy, if he might've.  Surely his family would have a big say in it.

#Craigisaloser  run Naomi, run!  Now we know that he never even finished Law School?  Did his previous law firm employer know that?  He's such a joke.  I think he got a taste of modeling and tv money and bailed on school.

• Love 1

I think Craig is an entitled little twerp who was the golden boy in a small town in Delaware.  He was a big fish in a small town and had just enough talent for everything to fall into place as long as he stayed in that small pond.  In the real world, he's not all that.  When something was actually expected of him, he fell on his face.    Sure he got into law school but when he actually had to perform, he couldn't handle it.

• Love 4

And seriously, Craig? This paper might even be a little harder than it sounds like, but it's not possible that it's harder than the years of law school he has already passed. What on earth was he thinking not finishing. That's some serious self-sabotage. (And you think Shep thought he was an idiot *before*?)

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Nancybeth said:

There have been several housewives who have missed reunions over the years, including Kim Richards sitting it out when she was in rehab.  Now, that doesn't generally go over very well with Andy and/or the viewers.  But I honestly think that if Kathryn or her lawyer said, "Look, we have someone who is mentally ill or struggling with a drug problem and this is not a healthy situation for her to be in," Bravo would let them off the hook.  Maybe she'd get her own interview off to the side that they could insert into the program. 

But Kathryn is a famewhore, and I don't think she has the wherewithal to realize the state she's in mentally or the fact that this show has in some ways contributed to it.  She was never going to voluntarily sit out the reunion and the producers aren't going to suggest it!

I would think in the middle of a custody case she wouldn't want to say she is either so mentally ill or such a raving addict she cannot fulfill her job requirements.  While Thomas is not one I would give MY kids to (if I had any) he certainly seems more mentally fit at this point.  Personally I think the day and night nanny should have custody.

• Love 6
22 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

Kathryn is easily provoked and becomes manic in those situations. I found it interesting that she mentioned that she was on anti-depressants as I didn't know this about her before. I always get nervous when I hear someone is on anti-depressants. I've looked at several studies back in my university days where depression patients who didn't exhibit a certain threshold of depression would have dangerous side effects to anti-depressants where they become even more depressed rather than the intended opposite.  Kathryn and Landon behaved poorly all night long. Landon calling out the failed drug test was low because when she was called out for her comment, she threw it to Thomas to back her up. Landon doesn't need to take any and every opportunity to take a dig at Kathryn. Landon is intentionally trying to get under Kathryn's skin because if she wasn't, she wouldn't go out of her way to bring up things that have absolutely nothing to do with her. Apparently Kathryn has said nasty things about her even off screen - if you're so offended by them then take her up on that stuff. Don't make your entire defense about Kathryn's behaviour with everyone else on the stage. 

Why did Landon find Shep's weed story so amusing but took such delight in outing Kathryn's drug use? Double standards are so rampant. Thomas saying he didn't want to degrade the mother of his child but apparently he's mentioned it to the media.

Craig is gonna Craig. I won't be surprised when we see him again next season and he's found another excuse for why he didn't take the bar. For all his fuck ups, I will say that I really like his girlfriend and he lucked out with her. She seems like a level-headed and normal girl. Maybe I'm bias because I feel like a lot of her reactions to the drama are what mine would be too. The most classic is when Thomas went 0-100 and started with his rant and she responded with an incredulous 'what?', haha. 

I'm not trying to defend Thomas, I think he is a terrible person , however, Kathryn has been calling  hima drug abuser on Twitter forever. True or not who knows. It might be immature but he's probably happy he can throw it at her. As I've said many times they both suck!

The interesting thing is Kathryn is the first one to bring up the drug issue at the reunion ,no one had mentioned it. Until k says she thinks T is an alcoholic and drug addict. Thomas didnt say anything about her failed test, Landon did, (I wish she hadn't but Kathryn is so freaking mean to her that if it was me I might have too) at that moment. I guess I just question why Kathryn would even go there knowing she failed it. And I do believe she failed it. She would be waving proof around if she passed it, but nope she's silent about it. I also think her cry that Thomas cheated it, also (at least  to me, )confirms she failed  .

47 minutes ago, honeydo7 said:

I heard about Kathryn failing her drug tests (hair & urine) the night the C- FAB Four appeared on WWHL, a week or two before the season 3 finale.  Love her or hate her, in Charleston everything Kathryn says, or does ends up the in all the local papers.

• Love 5
42 minutes ago, P-Dot said:

And seriously, Craig? This paper might even be a little harder than it sounds like, but it's not possible that it's harder than the years of law school he has already passed. What on earth was he thinking not finishing. That's some serious self-sabotage. (And you think Shep thought he was an idiot *before*?)

That's my view.  I have no idea why he self-sabotaged, but he sure did. 

I guess if he had finished his paper, gotten his law degree, and passed the bar, people would expect him to be a lawyer.  Which is the opposite of glamorous, and requires you to work long hours starting in the morning.  And then you get to do fun things like research, and writing and filing motions and documents.  All of which means you can't play until 4am and show up hungover at noon.  I think Craig liked the idea of being a lawyer, or the idea of saying he's a lawyer, or the idea of making lots of money, or all three.

When I graduated college, I thought I wanted to be a lawyer.  So I got a job as a paralegal, and saw firsthand what lawyers, and young associates, do.  9 months into the job, I realized I had zero desire to be a lawyer.  I had developed an anti-desire.  Maybe Craig had that realization, too, but he did long after his parents spent a lot of money to put him through school.

• Love 2
On June 28, 2016 at 6:49 AM, eurekagirl mOo said:

Hey you idiots it's 2016! Women are allowed to have sex! With whoever they want! Has nada, nothing,zero to do with whether there a good parent or not.

They are but you're never going to get rid of slut-shaming.

It's a man's world.  Men can boast, women aren't allowed to ...

• Love 4
1 hour ago, imjagain said:

I'm not trying to defend Thomas, I think he is a terrible person , however, Kathryn has been calling  hima drug abuser on Twitter forever. True or not who knows. It might be immature but he's probably happy he can throw it at her. As I've said many times they both suck!

I'm no Thomas apologist either but it's not like it's news that he was an addict, at the very least.  Is he still now?  Who knows.  But Kathryn knew his past and still elected not only to get involved with him but to get pregnant by him.  Twice.  

So her rants make her look far worse than they do him.  At least in my opinion.

1 hour ago, imjagain said:

guess I just question why Kathryn would even go there knowing she failed it.

Kathryn was contractually obligated to participate.  She clearly didn't want to be there.  It's also been reported there was a therapist on set for her.

I think it's possible that Thomas intended not to say anything about it; he didn't, Landon did.  And when Landon told him to bring out the proof, he quickly shot her down.  So I don't think he had any intention of bringing it up.  But Kathryn is so immature and has made shooting herself in the foot an art form so she couldn't resist baiting him by bringing up allegations against him.  

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, scrb said:

They are but you're never going to get rid of slut-shaming.

It's a man's world.  Men can boast, women aren't allowed to ...

And I think Shep has been slut-shamed all season. Every conversation about his dating life has been about how he needs to settle down and stop screwing every girl he meets. I haven't gotten the impression at all that anyone is applauding him. I can remember way more people talking directly and disapprovingly on the show about Shep being a tramp than about Kathryn. I would say that the difference is that he doesn't care what people say, but I'm not actually sure that Kathryn cares either. 

• Love 7
(edited)

I wholeheartedly agree with so many comments here but I'll just make my points anyway.

I do think Whitney is pissed that he's lost "his" show to the mess of TRav and Kathryn. Who cares if he's even around? His only purpose is to snark with his creepy, drunk hag of a mother about how horrible the "stars" of the show are at this point. He's irrelevant and he's not pleased. I don't see why he's still around as I'm sure his producer credit is in name only. Andy has a crush on that hideous mother, so maybe that's what keeps him there.

I think Kathryn's a nut but she does make me sympathize with her most of the time. TRav is a skunk and she wanted a life she thought he'd give her as, well, he said he would do it. They are two sick people and in some sad way for their kids, they deserve one another.

It wasn't until this reunion that I was sure that Landon not only slept with TRav but was still interested in "getting" him. I don't think she wanted Shep at all but used that as a beard, so to speak. Did anyone see Thomas' forelorn look when they discussed her telling Shep she loved him? I think he's jealous as he's the jealous type.

She is far too interested in bringing down Kathryn and relishes her spiral. Landon is a real sick bitch. I saw it a little before but it was really clear to me tonight. She was trying to bring Thomas to "her" side by suggesting documents about a court case that is none of her business. Unless she wants it to be her business. I think that hag mother mentioned TRav as potentially being a pair for Landon because she knows that Landon wants that. TRav is nauseating but he's rich and has that "name". Landon reeks of social climbing to me.

I find her truly the "mean girl". Kathryn's irrational. Shep's a doofus. Craig's a moron. Whitney's a loser. Cam's desperately trying to be something but she's drab. Landon is the only one who is really bad news, in my opinion. Just a real bitch.

And, after that glowing review, I still like this show a lot. That dinner party at Thomas' was one of the funniest things I've ever seen. I loved it.

Edited by Roxy
  • Love 19

Yeah, I have noticed that slightly affronted sharp look upon tHOmas when Shep and Landon are 'hypothetically'  shipped.                                              I believe the thought of that possibility was an additive fueling his drugged-out, alcohol-reeking, bombastic-laden, fear-inducing, deranged and demented soirée[ish] Supper conduct.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, imjagain said:

The interesting thing is Kathryn is the first one to bring up the drug issue at the reunion ,no one had mentioned it. Until k says she thinks T is an alcoholic and drug addict. Thomas didnt say anything about her failed test, Landon did, (I wish she hadn't but Kathryn is so freaking mean to her that if it was me I might have too) at that moment. I guess I just question why Kathryn would even go there knowing she failed it. And I do believe she failed it. She would be waving proof around if she passed it, but nope she's silent about it. I also think her cry that Thomas cheated it, also (at least  to me, )confirms she failed  .

I didn't mean my comment as a judgment against Thomas. Both are extremely flawed but I brought it up because it paints Thomas negatively that he was projecting a certain respect for the mother of children when the cameras were rolling and then behind the scenes he publicly outs Kathryn for the very thing he claimed he wanted no part in. But neither of them would be who they are if they didn't speak too soon and put their foot in their mouths constantly. 

• Love 5
On 6/27/2016 at 10:43 PM, TheFinalRose said:

Yeah, Craig is going to buckle down and finish that thesis when? If he hasn't done it yet, and they start filming season 4 in the fall, then when? Surely not this July and August, he's too busy instagramming all over the world. I wish Naomi would have been on the show. I would have loved to have seen her face if Andy pointed out to her that Craig's a phony.

Kathryn is so "off" in some major way; probably misdiagnosed as needing anti-depressants when she's probably bi-polar or visa versa. Whatever she's on it ain't working for her. Good thing there are lots of nannies with those babies, but she needs some help, and maybe needs to get off tv. Thomas looked drunk again.

If ABA rules are the same as they once were, the bell may have tolled on Craig. Law students have 5 years to complete or else - too bad if you have a serious neurological issue or a broken neck and your professors even go to bat for you (one of those cases is mine, one another student's.) I seriously doubt he can just 'turn in' a thesis, but must register and take a supervised course during a semester.

Anybody know his start date?

• Love 1

This group went from charming to ugly real quick.  The thing about these shows is that the cast has to be likeable to the viewers.  Not all will like all, but we have to like them to care for them, and we have to care for them to root for them.  Otherwise, all that's left is disinterest.

Honestly, even the most likeable of the bunch (for my tastes) were Shep and Craig.   Don't get me wrong....I'm down for a good time on mushrooms but not driving.  And, I'm ok with having career confusion and anxiety but not misleading all of American and his friends in an attempt to save face.  Come on, dudes.  Not cool.

Whitney's treatment of Kathryn is horrible and his talk about an event being beneath him shows a level of arrogance and cruelty that I can't stomach.  Landon is lost and desperate and I do believe Kathryn that she tried to hook up with Thomas.  I think she's just as much of a hot-mess-express as Kathryn and Thomas.

Kathryn and Thomas doing drugs was the biggest tipping point.  It's sad that a young person like Kathryn has succumbed to them.  And it sounds like TRav may have a problem as well.

Cameron is the most normal and has been the most boring as a result but after the first reunion, she was a breath of fresh air for me.   She's the only one remaining who I actually like and root for at this point.

• Love 5
On 6/28/2016 at 4:01 AM, Lizzing said:

In my law school experience, the writing requirement was nothing like the masters thesis or PhD dissertation process.  It is much easier in law school; there aren't committees, no defending, etc.  (My sister has a doctorate from an Ivy and I was a proof/copy reader on many, many iterations of her thesis and dissertation, as well as a sounding board for venting during the process.)  In my law school, which sounds a lot like what Craig had to do http://www.charlestonlaw.edu/Academic-Affairs/Academic-Policies/Upper-Level-Writing-Requirement.aspx is basically a long research paper vetted by one faculty member when done within a writing course.  Craig could have, and should have, done it while in school.  But to the other point of why his school would still entertain him finishing the requirement this many years past his coursework is a good question.  It's been a long while since I graduated, but barring some kind of medical necessity, you didn't get much leeway at all to finish a course requirement without taking the course over again. 

What I do find interesting is that, again, this is a 4th wall thing.  It seems Whitney knew Craig really didn't "graduate" from law school, and thus the producers knew and allowed this "will he/won't he take the bar" story to spool out for two seasons.  I kind of wonder why.  I don't remember Craig being all that compelling of a character in the first season, so to my mind, he could have been offloaded with that half glove wearing chick for S2.

I really do wish someone had taken Craig to task for his comment about women from the south being failures for not graduating college with a ring.  That is too antiquated of an idea, even 25 years ago when I was in college.

As in no leeway. Miss an exam due to illness, take it with another class - not whenever you damn well please! Again, the 5yr completion rule was the ABA's, not that of individual schools. No getting around it, even with the most legit reasons and the support of school faculty.

I don't know anybody who was allowed to pretend to graduate anything with an incomplete. I don't buy this lingering, "offer still available" status on his J.D. at all.

• Love 1
On 6/28/2016 at 9:19 AM, biakbiak said:

Why would you assume her drug dealer was not white?

On 6/28/2016 at 9:07 AM, jumper sage said:

I think that comes from the rumors she was trading with a drug dealer.

I disagree.  I don't like him but he seems to laugh off and own his own wrong doings.  Drug convictions, sex with young women etc.

I still contend that all these people are around him because he still delivers the goods around town and you don't want to piss off your dealer.

I thought the word she was looking for was "ethics." Explains quite a bit.

On 6/28/2016 at 1:18 PM, zoeysmom said:

I found this article it appears he was arrested in Redwood City in a shopping mall.   I did not see anything about anyone being arrested for driving under the influence. I think he was outside being disorderly.  http://spectrummagazine.blogspot.com/2015/05/bravo-reality-star-arrested-in-redwood.html

Wasn't the emphasis of the story more on why Shep had an epiphany at the hands of a female correctional employee regarding his treatment of Craig?

I thought the it was humorous because of the questions that followed and there were no people injured.  I would have liked to have heard more about Shep's Magical Mushroom trip.  At some point his drinking and drugging habits may be on the firing line.  This group seems to like to discuss others' sobriety-add this one to the pile.

Not much was said about his DUI, the one he mentioned in the Ashville ep when they met the college bud he'd gotten the fake ID from.

• Love 1
  1. I actually registered for this site just to say this:  so many people are making fun of Katherine for saying "paternity and/or ethnicity" but am I the only person who remembers Whitney saying that to his mother in one of the first episodes of the season?  Katherine did not come up with the "ethnicity" angle herself and I thought it was a very strange thing for Whitney to say at the time.
  • Love 5

Season 1 was magical, but the producers can't resist showing us the worst of people in the sophomore season, and then resorting to boring producer setups by season 3. It was organic and charming at first. I had the worst crush on Shep! 

I still think he's too hard on Craig - it's valid, but not his place. Other than that, they bag on Shep for being a slacker when he actually owns and runs two businesses. 

He's under no obligation to settle down, the same way Cameron isn't under obligation to have a child. He actually explained being an ethical womanizer perfectly. Just be honest. Don't lead people on. He seems to be firm on that. 

I don't think Whitney is weird about Katherine because he has feelings for her. I think he is holding a grudge about how she went off on him at Jekyll Island, screaming and nearly attacking him physically.

That was so trashy. I don't watch this show for that. I think that's where Patricia gets it from too. She's uber protective of her son and watched it on TV. 

I absolutely believe Landon slept with Thomas. Remember how cozy they were at the beginning of the season? It would be funny if they actually started dating and she had to deal with Katherine and the three babies, including Thomas. 

• Love 1

I think Kathryn's a nut but she does make me sympathize with her most of the time. TRav is a skunk and she wanted a life she thought he'd give her as, well, he said he would do it. They are two sick people and in some sad way for their kids, they deserve one another.

No, she didn't. He moved her into his large country home, hired a nanny to help her. She bitched and stamped her feet, she wanted to live in the city. He got a home in the city for her, she bitched because he was away campaigning. She'll never be happy with whatever someone tries to provide for her. I have zero sympathy for Kathryn.

• Love 15

Kathryn is a mess. I wouldn't spend five minutes in her company. When the children are mentioned, she suddenly turns into a madonna (not the rock star) and smiles. Minutes later she's a screeching harridan, accusing  castmates of unprovable behavior. She needs to do a bit of her own soul searching. And get to a therapist. No sympathy here. The others are deeply flawed, but not one of them gives me the creeps like Kathryn. (PTSD, I think, from a former lunatic daughter-in-law whose behavior was so much like Kathryn's it makes my head spin. And, BTW, this former DIL gave up all three of her kids to all three of her baby daddies and I know doesn't ever see or support two of them.)

• Love 4
(edited)
6 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

No, she didn't. He moved her into his large country home, hired a nanny to help her. She bitched and stamped her feet, she wanted to live in the city. He got a home in the city for her, she bitched because he was away campaigning. She'll never be happy with whatever someone tries to provide for her. I have zero sympathy for Kathryn.

I don't disagree with you, but I do think she saw the stupid, futile waste of time (and money) his campaign was, plus it took him away from her AND his infant daughter when they sure would have liked him to be around. Sure, she wanted attention but isn't that somewhat forgiveable as a new mother?

Also, I think she suspects Thomas of fooling around on the campaign trail, and since they were living together, that was unacceptable.  

Just saying, Thomas didn't really do his part to make their live-together situation work either. 

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 12

I really feel like some serious shady stuff is going on that we have no clue about. After finally seeing the reunion, it is obvious that Kathryn is extremely unstable. She is in the verge of a break down and appears to be bi-polar. She needs some serious help and she also needs to have her meds reevaluated. As posters above have said, many antidepressants can make people even more depressed and manic.  

I also feel like Thomas is the leading cause of this craziness and Kathryn is like a moth to a flame. She doesn't know how to just stop and realize that they are trying to get under her skin. She just dives in head first into the drama instead of trying to resist it. She is a super easy target. She got sucked in by Thomas's lies and he got exactly what he wanted. Kathryn's bullcrap response on how in the heat of the moment you sometimes forget protection was the most idiotic thing I have ever heard. Kathryn is a breeding machine for Thomas. You can't tell me that a man in his 50's who has gone this long without kids simply forgets protection because it was in the heat of the moment. One of them or both of them knew exactly what they were doing. 

I am curious about the drug test though. From what I could remember from several of the gossip sites, it is said that Kathryn and her lawyers requested the drug tests. If this is true, why would she want to take a test if she has been on drugs?!?!? I don't think Kathryn's claim of Thomas paying off the lab worker too far fetched. I think it would be more believable if they both tested positive. I don't doubt that Kathryn possibly did drugs. I highly doubt that it is possible for Thomas to pass a drug test

• Love 6

I don't think Kathryn realized a hair test for drugs will detect things from months ago. She was figuring on peeing in a cup and getting off scot free. And the drug test lab workers are anonymous to whoever is sending in hair snippets. Only person you see is the person clipping the hair. And that is on camera, everything that happens from the time they clip your hair to the time they bag it and walk out of the room.

Kathryn is a paranoid drug addict, who needs help. Stat.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, corter20 said:

One of them or both of them knew exactly what they were doing. 

As much as the two of them have slept around, I can understand the desire to use condoms but you would think they would rely on things other than something that apparently ruins the spontaneity for them. I personally think they threw caution to the wind and wanted to get pregnant. And both of them. I don't think she "trapped" him.

• Love 10

I'm afraid neither part of the reunion will answer the questions that have haunted me throughout this season: why was KD hoarding used pee sticks and how the heck many of them were there??!?

• Love 4

Kathryn may have some mental health issues but the biggest reason she acts the way she does is because she's a redneck. Have you all seen/been around teenage rednecks? Watch Jerry Springer? They all act like that. Usually girl rednecks go for pale, skinny, tattooed, deadbeat white guys, but Kathryn has some real daddy issues so she went for Thomas.

• Love 4

She definitely has some daddy issues, but I think her problems go far beyond being a redneck. Even some rednecks don't act like that. I am not going to lie, because I have "daddy issues" too. I have always dated older men until I married my husband (who is only a few years older than me),  but I have never in my life acted like her. I am not sure if it has ever been brought up, but I would like to know more about her childhood. I fear something might have happened as a child. I could be totally wrong, but I sense there is more to the story. I also think she was very spoiled and got her way a lot. Being in the South, there are a lot of kids who grow up in well known families that can do no wrong or people turn their head because they are such and such. You can hear all their wrong doings, but people will deny them left and right because "she is a precious, church going girl from a good family". 

• Love 2

Is Kathryn an 'addict'?  Who knows but no one is in a place to judge as a viewer.  She failed a drug test that only diagnoses what she used but it doesn't measure how much.  Heck, I know a number of people who would fail that.  Heck, I would have failed that during certain times in my life.  Let's face it, Kathryn went into that reunion not very long after losing sole custody of her children.  Do you think she was upset?  I would say 'yeah' for sure.  That's a big freaking deal.  There's all sorts of things going through her head.  And then knowing that she was going to be the one focused on at the reunion.  Girl may be stupid in some ways but she understands she is the 'show' and they're gonna come for her.  Was there a therapist on set?  Weird term to use (wouldn't psychologist or psychiatrist be the more likely term?).  And of course, it came from anonymous sources. 

Kathryn has daddy issues because she had a relationship with TRav?  I know a number of people who have had long lasting relationships with someone much older and it has nothing to do with daddy issues.  It does have to do with being attractive to someone who is successful with a certain amount of security and being suave about how they deal with someone.  Now TRav is not mature but the guy is successful and the guy can be very suave when he wants to.  He also said a number of things to a 21 year old to make her feel secure.  She bought into it.  Is she a gold digger?  Maybe but let's face it, money is a huge attraction to many people.  I'm looking at you Landon.

Given what Kathryn's childhood home looked like, I don't think she grew up rich.  Far from it.  Yep.  She has a family who is part of deep SC history but that doesn't mean wealth.  Just because her family lived on a plantation, it doesn't mean that wealth came with it.

I think the most frustrating thing for Kathryn are the lies TRav has said 'in the moment'.  And then there are the lies Whit has said about their relationship.  And then there is the lie (sorry, but I do think Landon is lying) about TRav and Landon hooking up.  Add to that the questioning of the paternity by JD and Pat - and TRav lying about it.  Crap. 

Sure, Kathryn has her problems.  But it's not all on Kathryn.  There's other people, do I daresay it, gas lighting her.  If she has an addiction problem, I hope she gets help.  I also hope she does have someone in her life that can help her get through all this. 

• Love 5

Let's face it, Kathryn went into that reunion not very long after losing sole custody of her children.  Do you think she was upset?  I would say 'yeah' for sure.  That's a big freaking deal.  There's all sorts of things going through her head.  And then knowing that she was going to be the one focused on at the reunion.  Girl may be stupid in some ways but she understands she is the 'show' and they're gonna come for her.  Was there a therapist on set?  Weird term to use (wouldn't psychologist or psychiatrist be the more likely term?).  And of course, it came from anonymous sources.

I have no sympathy for Kathryn because the reason she lost sole custody was her own doing because she was using her children as a bargaining chip in her dysfunctional relationship with Thomas. If she hadn't kept Thomas from seeing the kids I doubt he would have ever taken to court and she also overplayed by demanding a drug test that she herself couldn't pass.

One of the sources for the therapist being on set was Thomas who talked about how the therapist helped him. I also see nothing weird about using the term therapist.

• Love 14
On June 27, 2016 at 6:02 PM, imjagain said:

That poor girl probably needed something for her nerves, and she's someone who doesn't appear to eat much, so she would be as high as a kite off a single valium. Sadly, she looks like the unhinged one, once again, and all these men who casually stand by and malign her are, what? Heroes?

Hardly, their chauvinistic ways made me realize I can no longer watch women being punished for existing. Southern Charm is the worst possible title for a show where women are degraded daily.  If those idiots want to make Kathryn's paternity questionable, they should each have to fork out $2000 childcare per month, since they claim they were all there around the inception time. Yep, each time a good ol' boy has criticized Kathryn for being with one of them: Shep, TRav, or that slimy one with the rich parent... I forget his name. Anytime they criticize her 'situation' her lawyer should drive over to pick up the child care money, as these men's continued slander further taints that child's (children') existence. And there is definitely no "charm" in that.

• Love 9

Something for her nerves?  She was clearly high, and as my substance abuse  counseler friend said, most likely on opiates. She needs rehab, needs to get off this show, for her own sake. And for her children so they don't grow up watching Mommy passed out on the sofa.

• Love 5
14 hours ago, Silo said:

Kathryn may have some mental health issues but the biggest reason she acts the way she does is because she's a redneck. Have you all seen/been around teenage rednecks? Watch Jerry Springer? They all act like that. Usually girl rednecks go for pale, skinny, tattooed, deadbeat white guys, but Kathryn has some real daddy issues so she went for Thomas.

Not all of us in the South are Rednecks! That's really a nasty thing to call someone. She is FAR from being a redneck. She's a young girl who was used by an older man and then thrown away like a kleenex.

• Love 6
(edited)
48 minutes ago, eurekagirl mOo said:

Not all of us in the South are Rednecks! That's really a nasty thing to call someone. She is FAR from being a redneck. She's a young girl who was used by an older man and then thrown away like a kleenex.

Slow your roll. I didn't say EVERYONE in the South is a Redneck. I just said Kathyrn is. And she is.

I wonder if she had been able to maintain some level of decorum, do you all think Thomas wouldn't have stepped out? Or do you all think she could have been perfect and he would have stepped out anyway?

Edited by Silo
  • Love 3
21 minutes ago, Silo said:

Slow your roll. I didn't say EVERYONE in the South is a Redneck. I just said Kathyrn is. And she is.

I wonder if she had been able to maintain some level of decorum, do you all think Thomas wouldn't have stepped out? Or do you all think she could have been perfect and he would have stepped out anyway?

I think he would have cheated on her eventually, or she would have, but it would have lasted much longer. I think he would have married her, certainly, if she had been able to stop screeching long enough to make it look attractive.  

I don't care if she does drugs night and day, but if she did drugs while she was pregnant then I'm perfectly fine with her losing unsupervised custody. That's a level of bad judgment that I'm super okay with shaming and punishing. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Chalby said:

Hardly, their chauvinistic ways made me realize I can no longer watch women being punished for existing. Southern Charm is the worst possible title for a show where women are degraded daily.  If those idiots want to make Kathryn's paternity questionable, they should each have to fork out $2000 childcare per month, since they claim they were all there around the inception time. Yep, each time a good ol' boy has criticized Kathryn for being with one of them: Shep, TRav, or that slimy one with the rich parent... I forget his name. Anytime they criticize her 'situation' her lawyer should drive over to pick up the child care money, as these men's continued slander further taints that child's (children') existence. And there is definitely no "charm" in that.

I will agree that Whitney and Landon in particular talk about Kathryn being a single parent so disparagingly, which is especially rich coming from Whitless Pseudo Smith who nearly found himself in the family way in Season 1. There is this kinda horrifying undercurrent of misogyny on this show where the cast happily malign Kathryn about the out of wedlock kids, but have nary a word for the AARP playboy (Thomas) about wrapping his shit up. The fact that these two have a second kid is astonishing. I believe they were both seeing other people at the time of St. Julien's conception. This makes me wonder if the sole reason that Kathryn and Thomas don't have kids with their other partners is because their partners are actually responsible enough to use birth control. Thomas is more than half a century old. Gah! So irresponsible! And Landon doesn't see the irony in defending a much older man who is just as irresponsible as Kathryn. Frankly, they're both too immature to raise children.

I don't know if she was on anything. Her mood and affect seemed really labile. It's why I think she might be bipolar, but it's also possible she's got some postpartum depression. I don't condone her drug use, but it's not unusual for people with a serious mental illness to self medicate.

Do we know the timeframe for when Thomas cheated on Kathryn with Jen Snowden? Was it when Kathryn was pregnant? Or during the campaign?

• Love 5
13 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Is Kathryn an 'addict'?  Who knows but no one is in a place to judge as a viewer.  She failed a drug test that only diagnoses what she used but it doesn't measure how much.  Heck, I know a number of people who would fail that.  Heck, I would have failed that during certain times in my life.  Let's face it, Kathryn went into that reunion not very long after losing sole custody of her children.  Do you think she was upset?  I would say 'yeah' for sure.  That's a big freaking deal.  There's all sorts of things going through her head.  And then knowing that she was going to be the one focused on at the reunion.  Girl may be stupid in some ways but she understands she is the 'show' and they're gonna come for her.  Was there a therapist on set?  Weird term to use (wouldn't psychologist or psychiatrist be the more likely term?).  And of course, it came from anonymous sources. 

Kathryn has daddy issues because she had a relationship with TRav?  I know a number of people who have had long lasting relationships with someone much older and it has nothing to do with daddy issues.  It does have to do with being attractive to someone who is successful with a certain amount of security and being suave about how they deal with someone.  Now TRav is not mature but the guy is successful and the guy can be very suave when he wants to.  He also said a number of things to a 21 year old to make her feel secure.  She bought into it.  Is she a gold digger?  Maybe but let's face it, money is a huge attraction to many people.  I'm looking at you Landon.

Given what Kathryn's childhood home looked like, I don't think she grew up rich.  Far from it.  Yep.  She has a family who is part of deep SC history but that doesn't mean wealth.  Just because her family lived on a plantation, it doesn't mean that wealth came with it.

I think the most frustrating thing for Kathryn are the lies TRav has said 'in the moment'.  And then there are the lies Whit has said about their relationship.  And then there is the lie (sorry, but I do think Landon is lying) about TRav and Landon hooking up.  Add to that the questioning of the paternity by JD and Pat - and TRav lying about it.  Crap. 

Sure, Kathryn has her problems.  But it's not all on Kathryn.  There's other people, do I daresay it, gas lighting her.  If she has an addiction problem, I hope she gets help.  I also hope she does have someone in her life that can help her get through all this. 

I definitely think she has some daddy issues buy in exactly the way you put it. She wants to seek someone out who is financial stable and wants security. I think that is something we all want as women and I don't find her a gold digger in the slightest. I think she fell for Thomas's promises and she felt secure. She thought she was going to be taken care of. I think she has daddy issues in the sense that she only wants to strap down to older men. Again, I have no problem with that because older men are also my thing. My idea that she has daddy issues stems from the fact that she has only dated men that are older than 35. This goes for men prior to the show. I don't take the daddy issues as a problem because I have them as well, but I feel a problem might lie in her childhood as to why she is this way. I know why I am, but I wonder why she is.

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

I will agree that Whitney and Landon in particular talk about Kathryn being a single parent so disparagingly, which is especially rich coming from Whitless Pseudo Smith who nearly found himself in the family way in Season 1. There is this kinda horrifying undercurrent of misogyny on this show where the cast happily malign Kathryn about the out of wedlock kids, but have nary a word for the AARP playboy (Thomas) about wrapping his shit up. The fact that these two have a second kid is astonishing. I believe they were both seeing other people at the time of St. Julien's conception. This makes me wonder if the sole reason that Kathryn and Thomas don't have kids with their other partners is because their partners are actually responsible enough to use birth control. Thomas is more than half a century old. Gah! So irresponsible! And Landon doesn't see the irony in defending a much older man who is just as irresponsible as Kathryn. Frankly, they're both too immature to raise children.

I don't know if she was on anything. Her mood and affect seemed really labile. It's why I think she might be bipolar, but it's also possible she's got some postpartum depression. I don't condone her drug use, but it's not unusual for people with a serious mental illness to self medicate.

Do we know the timeframe for when Thomas cheated on Kathryn with Jen Snowden? Was it when Kathryn was pregnant? Or during the campaign?

I definitely feel the mental instability. I also suspect her being bipolar. It is pretty clear from those paparazzi videos. I also believe that she is in a very bad place right now partially due to her life decisions and the fact Thomas is a total tool, she is scorned, and he has drug her through the mud but continues to come out of everything looking like an angel to all of these people. Everyone on the show supports him and doesn't even blink an eye at his wrong doings or everything he has done to Kathryn. Yet, Kathryn blows up for legit reasons and she is a crazy psycho and they can't be around him. It is funny that he can blow up like a crazy man at the dinner party and they laugh it off. If Kathryn did what Thomas did, they would try to press charges against her. 

She is beat down! While she has made rather miserable life choices, I feel for her. Her world is caving in and everyone is laughing at her. Thomas is a pretty powerful and wealthy many with some substantial family backing. He will always win and will always coming out looking sparkly clean. Always! I don't care if Kathryn was an angel and did nothing. Thomas would still be acting and doing the exact same thing. It is who he is. She would still be drug through the mud if she was an angel! 

• Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, eurekagirl mOo said:

Since she was over 18 I am not going to say she was a victim or being used.  They used EACH OTHER.  She sought him out, he drunkenly and enthusiastically participated, voila babies, he didn't give her enough $, she kept his kids from him, and here we are.  She isn't in this pickle with the poorest of castmates, she chose the wealthiest.

My guess she will be in this pickle with another wealthy older man sooner or later.  I think this is due to her mental illness combined with rampant drug use and a healthy dose of entitlement.  

Edited by Natalie68
correct words are important!
  • Love 6

Thomas so far is clearly heeding his attorney's advice to not be stupid, act stupid, or say anything stupid on camera. Some how someone got to him and FINALLY convinced him to at least on camera -- be the ADULT, and ACT LIKE you love and want your kids! Having the legal upper hand is priceless.

Kathryn is lucky she only has that crowd to take on -- 'cuz if she were talkin' with another crowd she'd be toast. They'd verbally push a button and Kat would lose it. Kathryn should thank the heavens snowflake Landon and play nice Cameron don't how "to go there." Their verb jabs are pathetic. I really don't like Kathryn and if she talked her crap about me like she does with Landon, I'd destroy her.

The guys on this show are spooled brats, and the women are wimps. Life handed to them on a silver platter (for the most part) and this is how they act and what they do.

• Love 2
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Since she was over 18 I am not going to say she was a victim of being used.  They used EACH OTHER.  She sought him out, he drunkenly and enthusiastically participated, voila babies, he didn't give her enough $, she kept his kids from him, and here we are.  She isn't in this pickle with the poorest of castmates, she chose the wealthiest.

My guess she will be in this pickle with another wealthy older man sooner or later.  I think this is due to her mental illness combined with rampant drug use and a healthy dose of entitlement.  

You hit every nail on the head, and then some. Kathryn is getting the worse reviews due to the fact she dropped out of college, is a known drug-user while she was pregnant and using around her kids, went after not one, not two, but three rich men to see who'd have her. I've known people like Thomas and Kathryn my entire life, Thomas has had his problems but he knows when to shut up and be an adult. 

Edited by Major Bigtime
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Major Bigtime said:

You hit every nail on the head, and then some. Kathryn is getting the worse reviews due to the fact she dropped out of college, is a known drug-user, went after not one, not two, but three rich men to see who'd have her. I've known people like Thomas and Kathryn my entire life, Thomas has had his problems but he knows when to shut up and be an adult. 

Thomas clearly doesn't know how to shut up because we know he likes the way cocaine smells. His epic Twitter and Facebook rants attest to his poor impulse control. Whatever. I'm glad someone in his family or friend circle has helped him to understand that he needs to shut up for the sake of his children.

Speaking of his Twitter and Facebook rants, I've always felt like his Facebook breakup with Kathryn is what torpedoed his campaign. The arrest didn't help, but his social media rants killed his chances. The entire purpose of the campaign wasn't to win, but to be brought back into power broker fold. That Facebook breakup rant was immature, unprofessional, and undignified. No Republican candidate with any hope of winning would want him helping their campaign if there's a chance that he might go batshit on Twitter.

• Love 13

Kathryn did absolutely nothing to vindicate herself during round one of the reunion.  She sat there in the most horrendous outfit like a pouty, petulent child and offered nothing positive to any of the discussions.  I have two and three year old grandkids that act with more decorum.  Had she cleaned up her act and behaved somewhat like an adult, her position would've been a lot stronger.

That said, the others were no better.  Landon was still ridiculous, Cameron had to admit that Kathryn had never done anything to warrant Cameron's behavior.  They have all taken Thomas' part in this, which is just awful as Kathryn's part, to be sure.  Thomas has much, much more to be ashamed of and has nothing to redeem himself on.  He's an old fool that hasn't grown up; she's too immature to understand the ramifications of her actions, thinking with her mouth instead of her brain.

I can't see another season of this nonsense.

• Love 6