Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Bull Market

• Start Topic

The Small Talk topic is for:

•   Introductions

•   Off-topic chatter

•   Having virtual tea with forum buddies

This is NOT a topic for actual show discussion. When you want to talk about the show:

1 Figure out the nature of the topic you want to talk about

2 Look for an existing topic that matches or fits

3 If there is NOT an existing topic that fits, CREATE ONE!

Examples of topics that populate show forums include (but by no means are limited to):

•   Character topics

•   Episode topics

•   Season topics

•   Spoiler topics

•   Speculation topics

•   In the Media topics

•   Favourite X topics

•   ...you get the idea

Happy trails beyond Small Talk!

I know it's weird to say so on this website but I don't watch much TV.  That being said I am pretty excited about this upcoming show and I look forward to watching it!  Hopefully I'll be able to not think of Michael Weatherly as Tony DiNozzo.

I always thought it worked for Patrick Jane because he was hyper-observant and an unsentimental, pragmatic observer of human behavior.  He didn't bring the standard cultural biases, but he was occasionally surprised.  Such people exist.

I generally roll my eyes at the magic of computer programming, and have for nigh on fifty years (even 10 year old me knew that the computer knows all trope was silly, if for no other reason then because programmers generally ain't that smart, and a program is not going to be smarter than the people who designed the algorithms).  

Still, I'm able to watch it.  MW is charming, the voice of Dr. Phil is somewhat muted, I've finally determined that yes, this series is filmed in NYC so that background detail can stop bugging me, and I've decided there better be some kind of character reason for that scruff, because it is not MW's best look (I will, however, tolerate the scruff so long as that slightly too long hair thing he had going on in the pilot does not return).   Marissa (?) is well cast and seems age-appropriate (how often does that happen?), the mock trial lawyer is good (and I would want to hire him if I needed him), the IT/tech genius girl doesn't bug, I'm still working out what the POC woman with the gorgeous curls does (I am a sucker for hair like that, see Daniel Day Lewis in Last of the Mohicans), and I like Chunk sooo much - the man is comfortable with who he is AND survived being a gay (albeit closeted) athlete in efffing Tennessee!).  The office space is sort of high-tech meets Our Town - all the tech they need, bare bones but still court-like mock courtroom, no unnecessary walls or fancy ostentatious artwork, no trophy status symbols to boast about success or engender status wars among the staff.  

If Dr. Phil's influence gets larger, especially along the lines of what's-hiz-face over on Scorpion, I'll probably bounce.  But so far I'm in.

• Love 3
On 10/30/2016 at 5:04 PM, Finagler said:

This seems to be a one hit wonder type show.  I was hoping for so much more.  I don't know how long I can keep watching.

What is a 'one hit wonder type of show'?  I've only heard that applied to music.  One good episode?  One good actor?  One good season?  I think there's a lot of that latter.

^^ I was thinking of one good episode.  Like others have stated, all the episodes seem to blend together.  The only person I really like in Bull is Chris Jackson (Chunk) and only because I saw him in Hamilton.  I'm not interested in MW as he plays his character with just one note, nothing he has done so far this season has made me think, hmm I like this guy, I wonder what he'll do next week?  or what challenges he'll face next week?  As every week is the same- his team gets a case, he tells the team what they need to do to win, they do it and  then they win.  wash, rinse, repeat.  blah.  

• Love 2

5 Usa are about to adorn us with another bout of BULL

WHY?

Season 1 was not good

It was watchable as it was new, but the pattern soon emerged, it was not real, it was circumspect at the least

none of it became believable

Bad news Weatherly and Spielberg, at least NCIS was watchable to the point of being enjoyable, not so with BULL

There is already enough far from believable shows on tv now, do not add to our misery