Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E10: The Winds of Winter

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, Paws said:

So the Ladies Lyanna owned this episode, but damn if I didn't raise a glass to Cersei.

I was seriously giddy at Cersei telling Unella to confess. And the fact that she was pouring wine on her instead of water was a great touch. I like her admitting that confession under the right circumstances can feel great.

Oh, and just in case there was any doubt that the High Sparrow is really just some nice, kindly man who is only trying to do good things, we see him totally getting off on Loras being fucking mutilated in front of his family. Of course there aren't going to be any septas who are allowed to judge the trial, only septons. I'm so glad this hypocritical, misogynistic jerk finally got his comeuppance. 

I bet Margaery regrets not siding with her family's army when she had the chance. Being queen was ultimately more important to her.

• Love 16

But hey, Dany’s contemplating marriage alliances; what newly crowned handsome gentleman is out there?

Entirely possible.  And I can see the dynastic/political value to it.  But I can't say I fancy the match and not just because aunt/nephew is gross. 

Loved Baelish's reaction to "King in the North!"  And meanwhile Sansa couldn't be happier about it!  Whether it leads to romance or not, I LOVE those two as a team.  Same goes with Tyrion/Dany which now seems more a LOT more  likely to me than it did before.  And LOL to "The White Wolf." 

Good to have Cold Hands/Benjen establishing the Wall keeps the White Walkers from moving South.....FOR NOW. 

Even better to FINALLY have R+L=J, officially confirmed.  Now I'm literally *panting* for what happens when the other characters find out the truth. 

I really needed Frey Pie.  I didn't think anything could be better than that scene from ADWD with the Manderley's, but no actually having Arya serve it up *was* even better! 

DANY"S SAILING TO WESTEROS!!!  FINALLY!!! THANK THE OLD GODS AND THE NEW!!!

This whole episode had me screaming OMG at the screen.  Whenever I get frustrated/bored with the show, what do you know but D&D manage to do something so amazing and perfect it completely redeems them.  In fact maybe we NEEDED some of the not so great episodes this season just to pave the way for that whole 20 minute KL sequence which was pure genius.  And the sight of Cersei's coronation sent shivers down my spine, especially with her Evil Queen in Snow White inspired wardrobe...looks like the light has *finally* dawned for Jaime. 

• Love 14

Ok Lena Heady rocked it again.  She really didn't have too many lines and she didn't need to.  Judging by Jaime's expression while watching her I think that "great love" is quite over. But in true Cersei style she still messed up and caused the death of her son.  How did she not see that as a possibility?   And after being sort of tedious this season that whole Kings Landing sequence was brilliant.  And as usual Margery caught on before everyone else.  And of course the High Sparrow was too arrogant to listen. 

Speaking of expressions, the look Sansa gave Littlefinger at the end of that scene was scary.  She actually managed to get him to admit his true plans and play him just enough to give him a tiny sliver of hope. But Lord Baelish better sleep with one eye open. 

Little Lady Mormont was yet again the smartest person in the whole room, Jon owes her big time.  He should make her the Hand of the King. 

I liked the Jon and Sansa moment, they have lovely chemistry. 

Bye Filch, I meant Walder! 

Thank goodness for the QoT, she's the only thing that made the Dorne scene tolerable, and I love both Indira Varma and Keisha Castle-Hughes but they're wasted in this.  And Varys, Varys is always a plus. 

• Love 11

Woo Hoo!  We've got ourselves a NEW King of the North.  Jon Snow!!  My neighbors probably think I'm insane after all the whooping and clapping.  

Go, Arya.  Perfect execution of that old fucker Waldo Frey.  

As much as I hate Cersei, her plan was flawless.  But don't get comfortable on the Iron Throne, bitch, because Dany is on her way and you will be no match for the Mother of Dragons and her combined forces.  Jamie.  Jamie.  Jamie.  See what a monster you've been fucking and loving all these years?  

I was so hoping that Jon would not be the son of Lyanna and Rhaegor, because I wanted Ned to have fucked around on Catelyn (hate her).  But it is what it is.  Jon is still a Stark even if only because of his mother, but his relationship ties will make interesting interactions next season.  

Sansa redeemed herself somewhat in my eyes, by saying that Jon was a Stark to her, apologizing for her behavior before the battle for Winterfell and telling him about Littlefinger.  The last shot of her shows that she has some concern with LF still lurking in the background, though.  Little Lady Mormont, I love you.  

Oh, and the money shot of Dany's fleet and the dragons?  Awesome.  More thoughts later.  

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, Avaleigh said:

This episode was one giant nerdgasm for me. Well done, show.

I loved it all, but my favorite moment might have been Olenna telling the Sand Snakes to shut the fuck up and let the grown women talk. That moment absolutely gave me life.

Me too! I cheered and rewound several times. She IS THE BEST!

Also, Cersei can totally be eaten by a dragon next season.

• Love 9

That was awesome! Cersei's screwed everyone hates her while almost all the other houses are following Dany. And I'm sure she'll have no problems getting her nephew Jon "King of the North" Snow/Targaryen to join her once they realize she has the firepower to wipe out the dead. 

I can't believe Margaery's dead. She knew it was coming, she was the smartest person in the room until the end. I also didn't see Tommen taking his own life. I wonder if Cersei planned that. Because of his death, she gets to be Queen. Although not for long with Dany and her army coming for her. 

I knew it was Arya as the server. She finally got to cross another person off her list while feeding Walder Frey his own sons. Now she needs to get Winterfell.

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

I knew it was Arya as the server. She finally got to cross another person off her list while feeding Walder Frey his own sons. Now she needs to get Winterfell.

Is Jamie on her list? 

(edited)
12 minutes ago, prospazzinator said:

I think exiling Mel was absolutely the best thing to do

Okay, I'm calling it now -- she's going to meet up with The Hound and the remnants of The Brotherhood without Banners and fulfill some of the plot points that fall to Lady Stoneheart in the books.  We got a fight with White Walkers coming -- we can't afford to throw away a Red Priestess who actually has some power.

I think they foreshadowed this (her banishment) last episode when she refused to promise Jon that she would not bring him back every time he died. Jon really could allow that defiance by her ("I don't serve you") to go unanswered.  Burning a young girl was reason enough to divest himself of her services but he was already looking for a reason to send her packing so, win-win.

Edited by WatchrTina
  • Love 7

I am going to watch this again before I comment further but a couple of things...

ToJ - done very nicely, very touching, nice transition to the next scenes with Jon.  Loved the entire twenty odd minutes leading to the big bowl of KaBoom there.  And yeah, I think this has officially nosed Jamie over into finally seeing Cersei for what she is - a nutty spoiled willful woman who mistakes her taking revenge as leadership.  

Liam Cunningham was really the champion actor of this season.  And what a great season it was!

And while I'm at it...love the Citadel library.  Love it.  And love that Frank Lloyd Wright designed the interior of that palatial pyramid in Mereen.    

• Love 12

Cersei Lannister, First of her Name, Queen of the Seven Kingdoms.  I had chills.  All of those Nobles that attended looked horrified and fearful for their lives.   The Mad Queen.   The Throne Room looked so DARK.  If I were a noble I would be getting out of Kings Landing on the first thing going.

So I'm guessing Dany is going to marry Jon Snow.  Sigh. Predictable and I think he could do better but Ok, whatever.

Yeah, you could just see that literally every single person in that room knows that Cersei's coronation is bullshit and she hasn't even a shred of a false claim to the IT, PLUS she's proven herself to be a total psychopath as well...AND NOBODY SAYS A WORD.  They're too terrified.  But I'm betting Dany's gonna get a helluva support when she lands. 

And more importantly...Valonqar.

It makes perfect *political* sense for Jon to marry Dany, though I don't like the idea at all.  Frankly Jon/Sansa seems like a better match to me at this point.  Though I suppose that Jon like Rhaegar and Aegon could take multiple wives...

• Love 3

"The music was going bananas with immensity at this point." - Douglas Adams

The music sure was immense, but it didn't move me the way it was supposed to. There were a whole lot of resolutions that were WAY too pat, so much so it seemed that segments of the script were written in huge letters with blood-red Sharpie. Lancel gets lured away by a running child when he's on an important mission to fetch the queen - why? Who cares - it's a great dramatic lead-in to the Septon blowing up! Cersei becomes queen - even though the Tyrrell army isn't likely to just spontaneously put itself under her command and she can't hold all of King's Landing with one freakin' zombie, even if it IS 8 feet tall? How? Who cares! It makes a great throne room scene! Arya knows how to put on faces by herself - or maybe the Faceless Men knelt at her feet and put themselves at her service - and she killed and baked two men in the Frey kitchen - how? Whatever! cool reveal! I did want old Frey to die, but I'd have preferred if there were ANY kind of lead-up to it.

Meanwhile, some conversations between characters dragged on WAY too long (Dany and Daario, Dany and Tyrion, Sam and Gilly, go away) with nothing particularly important in them - the only saving grace of the Dorne scenes was the dear QoT telling the wretched Sand Snakes to shut their annoying traps. Other conversations that should have been dwelled on were stinted. Sansa could have explained herself more to Jon. We should have seen at least one scene between Tommen and Cersei post-explosion. Cersei loses her last child - which should have had SOME emotional effect on her - but she basically shrugs it off. The Tower of Joy revealed nothing anyone hadn't figured out long ago.

There were, of course, plenty of good bits (Lady Mormont, Queen in the North!), and sure, I'll watch next season, but I still feel pretty cheated.

• Love 6

I loved the Dany scenes and the Jon scenes.  That cutaway to Jon's face after the Ned/Lyanna flashback was so moving...Kit looked so handsome!  Sophie and Kit have really brought the pretty in these last few episodes.  That Lady Mormont is a firecracker!  Liam C.--his confrontation scene with Mel was super.  I wish it had somehow been revealed that Shireen's death is what allowed Jon to be resurrected.  I also wish Ghost had been in the scene when Jon was proclaimed KITN. 

I think Sam is going to find some ancient information in the library that will help defeat the White Walkers.

• Love 14
1 minute ago, WatchrTina said:

But I love that they foreshadowed this last episode when she refused to promise Jon that she would not bring him back every time he died.  Burning a young girl was reason enough to divest himself of her services but he was already looking for a reason to send her packing so, win-win.

That was definitely a 'you done f'ed up now!' moment. Come on, Mel. You don't announce to someone that he's not the boss of you and then get to think he's going to choose to keep you around after hearing that your crap interpretations got a little girl killed. Why on earth would you keep a loose cannon like her around? Jon's not that dumb.

• Love 2

OK I  figured that the girl pouring the wine for Jaime and Bronn was Arya, and was actually holding my breath to see if she'd poison them (Jaime in particular). But then I remembered Jaime isn't on her list - Cersei is. I am taking that as a small nod to her keeping at least part of her "code".

• Love 4

Lady Lyanna verbally bitchslapped the lords of the North. Agree with the poster that it was really fitting that we transitioned from one Lyanna giving life to Jon and another Lyanna helps make him a king.

Nice confirmation of R+L=J. Also interesting that honest Ned probably had the most well kept secret in the entire 7 kingdom that not even Varys or LF knew.

Cersei is horrible with her plans. Her father was right, she isn't as smart as she thinks she is. She got over on the Tyrells and the HS but lost her son and possibly her brother/lover. She names herself Queen with an entire kingdom that will probably be against her. LH did look great though.

Speaking of looking great, even though her scene was pointless, Gilly looked lovely.

Poor LF he really has bad timing. He wants the Iron Throne, well he has played the game well but dragons change the game. If it was just Cersei he could have a chance but not with Dany coming.

Nice scene with Dany and Tyrion. Couldn't care about her and Daario though.

Arya serving Walder Frey his sons before killing him was almost perfect. If she had been humming the Reins of Castamere at the same time it would have been perfect.

Knew Jon wouldn't kill Mel since she did save him but glad he did banish her for Davos's sake. Also liked that Jon had no anger or bitterness about Sansa not telling him about the Vale soldiers. Liked that they both had a moment to smile with the start of winter. Long time since the Stark's smiled.

I wonder what the intro is going to look like next year. The stag is gone and now the lion rules the Iron throne.

• Love 13
Just now, WatchrTina said:

Yeah, but where heck was Ghost?  He should have been sitting at the front of that hall when John was trying to rally the North.  Having a pet Direwolf is a powerful symbol.

They blew the budget with fire and the battle last week.  Can't afford the direwolf. 

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, dbell1 said:

Welcome back Arya, you sure can cook!! Guess Jaquen handed her a spare face? Ned and Cat would be super proud.

Cersie didn't seem to care that Tommen took a swan dive, but after he betrayed her to the Faith, can't much blame her. Jaime, welcome back, your twin is now the Mad Queen. May I suggest another sword to the back?

The Sept blowing up has been pretty much telegraphed for a few episodes now. Bye Margery, sorry Loras, you were born too soon. 

Thanks for turning down creepy Littlefinger, Sansa. I kept waiting for the weirwood tree to come alive and beat him. A girl can dream.

Liam Cunningham, that should be your Emmy submission. He was fabulous there. 

Jon is a Targ. Gee, who didn't see that coming? 

Lyanna Mormont remains a total badass. I really need her, Brienne, and Arya to have a spin off show. 

Arya's unexpected appearance was awesome, but I was frustrated by the lack of context.  Did she steal a face?  Get one as an atta girl from Jaquen?  Was she doing one last favor to the House of Black and White before they let her go?

I think at this point Cersei's just cracked.  I suspect deep down, she knows she's not long for this world, but she wants to go down in an even bigger blaze than the Sept, and take as many casualties as possible.

I was sad to see Margaery go, as I saw her being one of those survivors who would come out smelling like a rose (pun intended) after she tossed aside her crown and fully embraced the new Targaryen dynasty.

Really, really hope Arya is reunited with the other Starks early next season.

• Love 8

I have to say that I really enjoyed Cersei's torture of Septa Unella with the pouring the wine on her face and FrankenMountain pulling his helmet off to show her his disfigured face.  Septa Unella seemed to enjoy her role as Cersei and Margeary's confessor a little too much, so it was nice seeing her get a taste of her own medicine, Cersei-style. 

I thought the parallels between Cersei and Dany were interesting, especially with their costumes in black with silver jewelry.  Dany chose to listen to Tyrion and take the diplomatic approach by seeking alliances with what houses remain in Westeros.  She's already made agreements with Theon and Yara Greyjoy and marriage with Theon really isn't an option.  Varys has made an alliance with Oleanna Tyrell, who is the senior Tyrell at this point unless Wilas is introduced next season, and Ellaria Sand/Martell in Dorne.  The only realistic husband option for her is Jon Snow, the reluctant King in the North.  I'm not sure we've ever seen Cersei in black and silver and in a costume with such a masculine cut.  She's always been fond of using pieces of armor as accessories, especially in season 2, but those were more feminine with the hanging sleeves and crossbody cut.  The armor was used as a belt.  I can't help think that this could be her mad queen costume, even though she appeared to be in complete control of the situation. 

I will say I hope we get a scene next season of Tyrion, Dany and company getting an update on what has happened in Westeros from Varys.  Tyrion's reaction to what has transpired with Cersei and Sansa, the two women with whom he had close ties before Dany will be interesting. 

• Love 8

Holy moly, that was awesome. I mean maybe better than last week and that is saying a whole fucking lot. I loved pretty much everything about the episode.

So is it confirmed? R+L=J? It's confirmed, yes? Jon Starkgaryen, nephew of the mother of dragons and cousin to Sansa Stark? Will be heavily and grossly shipped with both for an entire fucking year before we get new episodes. And what the hell did Lyanna say to Ned? His name is something something something and protect him and then the money shot of PROMISE ME, NED.

FUCK YOU, CERSEI. You totally killed Margaery and Loras who totally didn't deserve it. Kill the High Sparrow all you want but no way should Margaery and Loras and all those other innocent people have died like that. Also your wig looked especially bad today, and that's saying something considering just how good everything else in this ep looked. I will say that Septa Unella totally deserved to be tortured (and wineboarded, no less). But hey, I guess this is the final straw for Jaime! Jaime, you do have a line! And that line is killing everybody. So honorable, Jaime Lannister.

I'm glad Sansa is not trusting Baelish. He's SO FUCKING SLIMY that I feel like I need to take a shower whenever he's onscreen. Quit creeping on Sansa, Littlefinger. She's not Catelyn. I will say that I loved her little smirk at him when all the Northern lords declared for Jon. The King in the North! Also Jon and Sansa continue to be really pretty together. 

Olenna Tyrell is the best. She totally called Obara Sand "Barbaro." LOL. I had to pause the show I was laughing so hard.

Arya actually baked Frey cakes! GOOD LORD THAT WAS DISGUSTING. I was hoping to see Arya heading for Winterfell before the end of the episode, but I guess baking Frey cakes and slicing open Walder's neck was enough for a day's work. 

Is Dany going to stand like that for the entire voyage across the Narrow Sea? 

The episode was so beautifully filmed. Oldtown, the Citadel, the long shots over all the cities, North of the wall, the godswood at Winterfell. And of course the final shot of the ships and dragons heading for Westeros. Just gorgeous. 

• Love 15

Cersei's reaction to Tommen's death was interesting because it was very unlike what she experienced with the deaths of her other children. Joffrey's death makes her feel pure rage in the moment

Two things:

1. Cersei saw this one coming and was resigned to it.

2. I don't think Cersei ever loved Tommen. She loved Joffrey because he was her first born and Myrcella because she saw herself in her, but Tommen was the youngest child so his only importance to her came when he was king.

• Love 3

OK, that was a pretty spectacular episode. The highlight for me was the scenes leading up to wildfire. The music, Cersei's perfect calm before the storm, the atmosphere - so, so well done. Cersei's costuming was boss. She looked like a general with the black, the epaulets and the chain. Well done, show, well done. I even loved her having her revenge on the septa. (as a moment for Cersei's character, not because of the horror unleashed on her via Gregor). Absolutely stunning. Loved so much about this episode.

• Love 10

Liam Cunningham and Carice voun Houten did some stellar work during their scene.  Lena Headey owned it.  And I have to say the actor who played Mace sold the hell out of his role during Loras's trial.

• Love 12

I loved and laughed at the contrast between Jon becoming King in the North and Cersei becoming the Queen of Westeros. Jon's had rousing speeches and declarations of fealty and people were actually happy and smiling (LOL Littlefinger). Meanwhile, Cersei's looked like a funeral, everyone in attendance looked sick and terrified. And Cersei had herself made a shiny little crown while Jon got squat. "Long may she reign"? Yeah, right. Can't wait for Cersei to find out that the true Queen is heading her way and she brings fire and blood. 

• Love 20
(edited)

GoT is back! This might be my favorite episode to date - at least it was the best of this season by far. 

Score: I'd read a few spoilers about the score so I may have been paying more attention to the music than I usually do but I thought it was perfect. They got it right for every scene. Beautifully done to enhance the amazing acting. 

King's Landing: Fantastic! I like that only the Sept (and surrounding area) was destroyed, rather than most of the city. Lancel's death was great! The kids are creepy as hell but I'm not dwelling on that since both deaths were great. Cersei tonight brought back the Cersei that's been missing for a while now. I highly doubt she expected Tommen to kill himself (though really, she couldn't see that coming?). However, when she sat on the IT, it was clear that's where she's always wanted to be. Her final scene makes me believe Jamie will kill her. 

Jamie: So glad he and Walder had their little chat before Arya served the Frey pie!

Arya: *hugs* So, so, so much better plan than LS! I hated Cat so I really wasn't upset when she was cut from the plot. I love that Arya is taking on the revenge plot (not like she wouldn't but still...).

Sansa: She has a brain! At least for now... It was nice to see her improved attitude towards Jon. I'm also trilled she doesn't trust Littlefinger and has told Jon as much. 

The North Remembers: Great scene! Lady Mormont is wonderful, please keep her around! I really liked how they rallied around Jon. He's really the only one who's actually gaining the loyalty of the people following him by his actions and his concern for them. With Dany, it's gratitude for freeing people or feat of her dragons that's cause the "people" to follow her; it doesn't feel long-term. Similarly, Cersei has gained power by blowing people up. Jon's there, with his men on the battlefield, leading. I like the contrast. 

Tyrion/Dany: I almost cried when she made him Hand of the Queen. It was so nice to see him recognized for himself, rather than being given something because of who he is. I love how their relationship has developed the season. I also thought Dany was greatly improved this episode. 

ToJ: At least we got confirmation of Jon's parentage. I'm curious if the midwives will play a role in legitimizing (if he's legitimate) Jon. Wish we could have heard the rest of Lyanna's request but I'll take what I can get in this case.   

Olenna: I do love it when she takes control! This was the only time I've enjoyed the Sand Snakes. 

Sam: The library was amazing! I adored Sam's interaction with the grumpy receptionist. 

Directing/Graphics: Beautifully shot episode. I found the entire thing stunning to watch. 

Disappointing Elements: I wish they'd developed the HS and Margaery plot more. In retrospect, I feel like D&D said, hey, we're going to kill them, let's not bother.

Cerise's clothing/hair annoyed me. I really wished her dress would have been red with gold metal. So much was made of her wearing Lannister colors in the first few seasons and I felt it was out of character to wear black. She's dark and evil, I get it, but I don't need her wearing black to understand that. 

Edited by Kate87
  • Love 12

I can buy that Cersei accepted Tommen's death with equanimity. After Myrcella's death she implied that she believed the prophecy was true, so she's been mentally preparing for his death for some time.

Nice to see things going horribly for LF. Shock/displeasure is a good look for him.

I was spoiled out the wazoo for this finale, but I still enjoyed it.

• Love 10
14 minutes ago, Lillith said:

Thank goodness for the QoT, she's the only thing that made the Dorne scene tolerable, and I love both Indira Varma and Keisha Castle-Hughes but they're wasted in this.  And Varys, Varys is always a plus. 

When I saw Dorne in the opening titiles - I was like NO - keep that suckitude out of the season finale.  But then the QOT told all the Sand  Snakes to shut up and Varys came out and told her what the deal was. Problem solved, and D&D won't hear any complaints about the Dorne scene sucking.  At  least not from me.

• Love 16
27 minutes ago, Nanrad said:

I think Tommen's death is the final nail in the coffin for Jamie and Cersei. Her plan blew up in her face--all pun attended.

I couldn't really tell what I was supposed to get from Jamie's look at Cersei; it read pretty ambiguous to me. But I hope we've caught up with the way he feels about her in the books.

7 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

No Cersei didn't plan for Tommen to take his life. She kept from the Sept to protect him, and in the end she lost him. Because she never THINKS about the consequences of her actions. She knew how he felt about Margery....

She cared more about her petty revenge and lording her power over the septa than she did about watching over her son. She killed his wife and blew up half the city in front of him, and didn't think to make sure he was okay. I'm so ready for Cersei's final comeuppance to arrive.

• Love 14
1 minute ago, Avaleigh said:

Cersei's reaction to Tommen's death was interesting because it was very unlike what she experienced with the deaths of her other children. Joffrey's death makes her feel pure rage in the moment.

With Myrcella, she feels pure grief and chiefly thinks about how good and sweet her daughter always was in spite of everything and how Myrcella was nothing like her. 

With Tommen, it was like his betrayal and lack of loyalty to her was so fresh that it killed most of her love for him. She's still upset and feels pain but it's like he became her least favorite child, he was a disappointment, and his death ended up being the least painful for her because she saw him as already being dead to her in a way.

The most interesting thing about Cersei's reaction to Tommen's death is that she revealed that she had thought about the fact that she would be desecrating the graves of her son and daughter when she said to burn Tommen's remains so he could be with them.  At that point, even more than blowing up her enemies, it became clear that she was going to take ruthless, insane monarch to a whole other level.

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, SoWindsor said:

I'm not sure it was clear enough that Rhaegar is Jon's father. 

I think they held that piece back intentionally, probably so they can play it as another reveal next season, when Jon will presumably learn the truth.

• Love 2

That felt like a whole season of revelations crammed into one episode! I have whiplash from it all. You know a little too much action is being packed in when the wildfire scene is only 20 minutes in and the revelation of Jon Snow's parentage isn't even the finale.

I really wish some of those story lines had had a chance to breathe. At first, I didn't even understand why Olenna was in mourning -- how could she know so quickly, and then head to Dorne, no less? (Varys' journey can only be explained through cloning or teleporter.) The actress's performance didn't help. Her usual relaxed insouciance was inappropriate considering she had just lost her son, granddaughter, and grandson.

The Arya story line came out of nowhere as well. As particular as the many-faced god is about faces on the wall, how on earth does Arya have one? And when/how did she manage to kill that many grown men? And then butcher and bake pies out of them?? Wtf?

I really wish the show hadn't rushed past the books. There is so much material here, it almost seems like D&D intentionally stole the story from George.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, SoWindsor said:

I'm not sure it was clear enough that Rhaegar is Jon's father. 

Who else can be the father? Rhaegar is the only male that she's been around.

• Love 3
(edited)
1 minute ago, huahaha said:

That felt like a whole season of revelations crammed into one episode! I have whiplash from it all. You know a little too much action is being packed in when the wildfire scene is only 20 minutes in and the revelation of Jon Snow's parentage isn't even the finale.

I really wish some of those story lines had had a chance to breathe. At first, I didn't even understand why Olenna was in mourning -- how could she know so quickly, and then head to Dorne, no less? (Varys' journey can only be explained through cloning or teleporter.) The actress's performance didn't help. Her usual relaxed insouciance was inappropriate considering she had just lost her son, granddaughter, and grandson.

The Arya story line came out of nowhere as well. As particular as the many-faced god is about faces on the wall, how on earth does Arya have one? And when/how did she manage to kill that many grown men? And then butcher and bake pies out of them?? Wtf?

I really wish the show hadn't rushed past the books. There is so much material here, it almost seems like D&D intentionally stole the story from George.

I thought Oleena was at HighGarden (she left for home several episodes ago) and a raven would only take a few days to inform her of the news. I know they like to play fast and loose with the timeline because they can, but the SandSnakes have been so pointless I was annoyed with them. 

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Oscirus said:

Two things:

1. Cersei saw this one coming and was resigned to it.

2. I don't think Cersei ever loved Tommen. She loved Joffrey because he was her first born and Myrcella because she saw herself in her, but Tommen was the youngest child so his only importance to her came when he was king.

I agree. I hadn't looked at it that way before but it makes sense. Jamie in contrast seems to have loved Tommen. I wonder in a way if Cersei's actions causing Tommen's death will play a role in him killing her (if that occurs). I also think any love she had for Tommen went away when he stopped her trial by combat. 

• Love 1