Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E03: Speechless

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, QueBueno said:

I'm at work so I can't post a picture, but these wondrous devices already exist.

Really? 

I was joking.  Never in my wildest dreams would I imagine there exists such an apparatus.

Then again, of course it does.  It's just another example of my entrepreneur sense being a day late and a dollar short.

I actually learned about adaptive devices like that on Little People, Big World.  Little people often have short arms and long torsos, making reaching...behind...somewhat difficult.

• Love 1

The Boo Bear thing bugs me, so it must at least irk GF and Lenny a little. 

Lenny appears to be pretty far along the road to caretaker, already:  putting on and taking off shoes, helping her out of bed, fetching things.  Those are just the instances I have seen, there are probably many more un-televised.  I also picked up immediately Twit's anger at the ski lodge, when Buddy tried to cheer her up on the porch.  She said, through gritted teeth, that Lenny was asleep.  "He's had a hard day." I inferred that she was mad that he was not hovering,after her ski slope trauma.

Maybe he likes that role.  That is his right,of course.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, mamapajama said:

The Boo Bear thing bugs me, so it must at least irk GF and Lenny a little. 

Lenny appears to be pretty far along the road to caretaker, already:  putting on and taking off shoes, helping her out of bed, fetching things.  Those are just the instances I have seen, there are probably many more un-televised.  I also picked up immediately Twit's anger at the ski lodge, when Buddy tried to cheer her up on the porch.  She said, through gritted teeth, that Lenny was asleep.  "He's had a hard day." I inferred that she was mad that he was not hovering,after her ski slope trauma.

She's probably just pissed that he's so weak that he can't lift her delicate little body from a split position. I mean, what kind of man can't lift a (380-lb) woman?! A PUSSY, that's who! (In case it isn't obvious, I am so joking right now)

• Love 3
7 hours ago, PityFree said:

Yes - in fact, during the hot tub scene, Whitney does a talking head where she says it is unusual to be in a hot tub with both the man she used to be in love with and the man she is currently in love with. 

Although from what I recall, she did a lot of coy implying that they had the hots for each other, and admitted they hadn't done anything about it, which made me wonder just how much Buddy actually reciprocated her feelings.

• Love 1
(edited)

In the first season she said she and buddy had "bumped uglies" ( her words not mine). So they did something according to Whitney - and I take that to mean they had had sex together.

Eta: Wait wrong euphemism. let me think...

ETA again: Crossed the flesh-hold! That's what she said she and Buddy had done!

Edited by PityFree
correct myself
  • Love 6

I will make one more comment then I'll be quiet.

You know who got the short end of the stick?  Her BFF who was mashed against the wall of the hot tub.  

Dramamine should have sponsored that episode with all the waves Whitney created.

2 minutes ago, PsychoKlown said:

I will make one more comment then I'll be quiet.

You know who got the short end of the stick?  Her BFF who was mashed against the wall of the hot tub.  

Dramamine should have sponsored that episode with all the waves Whitney created.

You mean "Lift-With-Your-Legs-Lenny"?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, PityFree said:

In the first season she said she and buddy had "bumped uglies" ( her words not mine). So they did something according to Whitney - and I take that to mean they had had sex together.

What does that mean? I hate it when folks try to be cute by making a play on words. Did she do the do with the man or not? Crossed the flesh hold could just mean they interlocked fat rolls or something.  I'm not buying anything happened.  I think she wants Lennie to think something happened.  She wants us to think something happened. Heck, she wants Buddy's girlfriend to think it.  Because she's Whitney and who could keep their hands off of her?

• Love 3
5 hours ago, PityFree said:

She definitely used the term "crossed the flesh-hold".  Yuck.  But I thought she said that they hadn't crossed the... ugh, you know what??

5 hours ago, 4leafclover said:

I learned about the butt helper on Little Women: LA--Tara mentioned needing a "Butt Buddy" during her pregnancy.  Ugh, I watch way too much reality TV!

You and me both! I just said to my husband that if we spent as much time enriching our minds with good literature as we do on watching other people's bizarre lives, we'd be better off!!  LOL   (who am I kidding.....we live for this crap! lol)

3 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

What does that mean? I hate it when folks try to be cute by making a play on words. Did she do the do with the man or not? Crossed the flesh hold could just mean they interlocked fat rolls or something.  I'm not buying anything happened.  I think she wants Lennie to think something happened.  She wants us to think something happened. Heck, she wants Buddy's girlfriend to think it.  Because she's Whitney and who could keep their hands off of her?

I wish I could back to check, but I could swear that she said that they did everything except for crossing the.... line....(I just can't type that phrase again!). 

She never mentioned that she had been in love with Buddy until last week, as far as I remember, so that really surprised me. 

• Love 4

She definitely did imply that her and Buddy "did it" (much nicer euphemism).  I feel for Buddy's girlfriend, but I wouldn't hang around if I were her--she will always be playing second fiddle to Twitney.  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, notyrmomma said:

She definitely did imply that her and Buddy "did it" (much nicer euphemism).  I feel for Buddy's girlfriend, but I wouldn't hang around if I were her--she will always be playing second fiddle to Twitney.  

TLC may like the drama of another girl making Twit jealous.  Heather used to be Twit's best friend, acc to Twit.

So Buddy is hanging around for the TLC $  and a nice house.  Does he work?  I think some  people like people like Twit--who,  frankly,  has more issues than anyone,  and still may be fun to hang around with cux of their extroverted personalities, and provides $ or opportunities to do fun stuff (like skiing, cruises, being an eating/drinking buddy)-- cuz they're easy to dismiss and feel like your life is better than theeirs, when the good times are over.  

Oh, Twit bought her own house acc to her facebook acct. TLC is quite the cash cow. Hope she's saving some for medical assistance when (if) she gets older.

And I hope Glen and Babs spend all their savings, so no inheritance. Twit needs to grow up, by that I mean, get a job, cuz she's got way too much free time to eat and drink "coffee". Seriously, a job wd hopefully get her focused on something else besides her self. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Tosia said:

TLC may like the drama of another girl making Twit jealous.  Heather used to be Twit's best friend, acc to Twit.

So Buddy is hanging around for the TLC $  and a nice house.  Does he work?  I think some  people like people like Twit--who,  frankly,  has more issues than anyone,  and still may be fun to hang around with cux of their extroverted personalities, and provides $ or opportunities to do fun stuff (like skiing, cruises, being an eating/drinking buddy)-- cuz they're easy to dismiss and feel like your life is better than theeirs, when the good times are over.  

Oh, Twit bought her own house acc to her facebook acct. TLC is quite the cash cow. Hope she's saving some for medical assistance when (if) she gets older.

And I hope Glen and Babs spend all their savings, so no inheritance. Twit needs to grow up, by that I mean, get a job, cuz she's got way too much free time to eat and drink "coffee". Seriously, a job wd hopefully get her focused on something else besides her self. 

I just checked out the picture on Facebook of her standing on the front porch of the house that I guess she bought, and looking at a still frame of the house that she and Buddy were renting, it's the same house.  I wonder if she bought it so that she could kick Buddy out, and have Lenny move in..?  It looks like she and Buddy have a little anger exchange on tonight's episode, plus her father brings up the subject of Whitney wanting Lenny to move in.   

Oh, and I think Buddy is a bartender. At least, that's what I remember it saying beneath his name on the screen.

She really has turned into a huge (no pun intended) selfish, self-centered, whiny, nasty jerk.  Then again, maybe she has been all along and they're just showing this side of her now. 

All of the people who are kissing her ass on her FB page make me sick.  Not because they want to thank her, or offer her support, or say they enjoy her show, etc, but because they ignore the topics that THE PEOPLE WHO KNOW HER AND SPEND THE MOST TIME WITH HER are so freaking worried about that they went so far as to hold a mock funeral!  These "fans" are blocking out the very real and very serious health issues that have her family and friends (except for Lenny and Buddy) scared to death.

Having said all that, I don't hate her; I'm rooting for her to succeed in improving her health, especially for her parent's sake.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Tosia said:

Oh, Twit bought her own house acc to her facebook acct. TLC is quite the cash cow. Hope she's saving some for medical assistance when (if) she gets older

Pretty dumb to buy a 2 story house when already at 32 you can't climb the stairs!

• Love 6

I watched this episode again last night when they ran it with bonus or deleted scenes.  They had to leave out something to make room for the bonus scene.  As far as I could tell, they deleted the scene between her & Will when he mentioned her smoking.  How convenient they chose that scene to delete.  I could be wrong, I was doing other things but still listening when they were having the exercise talk & did rewind for some of it. As far as I could tell, that part was deleted.  I'll have to watch again.

I noticed some things watching the dance class scene again.  Twit made a big deal of Katie's (?) choreography yet it looked like the rest of the group was following her fine.  If this was the first time they did the dance, I thought they were doing great.  It wasn't until Twit complained about the turns being hard to do that we all of a sudden saw some of them having trouble too.   

• Love 2

When Twit said Wooot! I got a JOB....uh twit, No, a job pays actual money. You're an intern at 32. Her only employment is a one day a week 'wave arms' class ( grasshoppers is seasonal) Twit has balls treating her parents the way she does  at times - yes she's got some TLC salary now but she prolly owes Glen & Babs around a million dollars for supporting her .  It annoyed me when she mouthed "you bitch" to  Babs. If I ever tried that when my mom was alive - I'd get thrown thru a wall with my clothes flying thru the hole right behind me.

• Love 8

Why doesn't Twit just ride a Trike? First the ski slopes ; now miles on hilly roads .... All those bike riders having to wait around for Twit lol I'm glad she was exercising but she must realize her size will just continue to interfere with life more & more as she ages. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, DNR said:

Why doesn't Twit just ride a Trike? First the ski slopes ; now miles on hilly roads .... All those bike riders having to wait around for Twit lol I'm glad she was exercising but she must realize her size will just continue to interfere with life more & more as she ages. 

I'm sure you mean an adult size trike,  which is a great idea.  But all I can picture is a huge Whit on a kids trike having a hissy fit trying to move it.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, DNR said:

It's almost like part of her excuse mentality. She tried it and it was hard, so she'll give it up. Instead of starting small and establishing a habit. Don't start with your goal! Walk 10 minutes every day. Increase gradually, but do it consistently. That's what will make a change.

Same with eating. I had a nutritionist tell me to add to my diet instead of taking away. As in, add a piece of fruit every day. Allow yourself to have cake for dessert, but you have to eat the fruit first. Well guess what? If I ate the fruit, 9/10 I didn't want the cake. Boom. New habit.

• Love 9

You're absolutely right, songbird hollow!  Habit is the major goal for working healthy habits into your life.  Whit does not have any really healthy habits,  does she?

Once a week dance class?  Hell, she is even winded then!   

• Love 2
1 hour ago, SongbirdHollow said:

It's almost like part of her excuse mentality. She tried it and it was hard, so she'll give it up. Instead of starting small and establishing a habit. Don't start with your goal! Walk 10 minutes every day. Increase gradually, but do it consistently. That's what will make a change.

Same with eating. I had a nutritionist tell me to add to my diet instead of taking away. As in, add a piece of fruit every day. Allow yourself to have cake for dessert, but you have to eat the fruit first. Well guess what? If I ate the fruit, 9/10 I didn't want the cake. Boom. New habit.

Totally! Actually I have been doing something similar lately, I've made it my goal to eat over 30 grams of fiber a day. It makes me choose healthier foods and then I don't eat as much crap. :)

• Love 5
22 hours ago, SongbirdHollow said:

I like that idea!  

• Love 4
On July 2, 2016 at 8:54 AM, SongbirdHollow said:

I'm jealous. Oh I'll eat 3 pieces of fruit and still want 2 pieces cake! Hahahahaha. I just have to tell myself "No cake!" Which is what I think Whitney will have to do, she (like myself) just isn't able to eat everything she wants when she wants it, because we want to eat far more than we need for our lifestyles. 

• Love 3
On 7/3/2016 at 8:01 AM, Scarlett45 said:

I'm jealous. Oh I'll eat 3 pieces of fruit and still want 2 pieces cake! Hahahahaha. I just have to tell myself "No cake!" Which is what I think Whitney will have to do, she (like myself) just isn't able to eat everything she wants when she wants it, because we want to eat far more than we need for our lifestyles. 

I think the beauty of that method is just in the contemplation.  So much of our eating, or at least mine, is impulsive.  Eating a piece of fruit forces you to think.  Do you really want this cake?  Is the fruit enough?

I feel like its the same thing with the "eat until you're 80% full," I think the magic of it, is in forcing you to sit down and think about how full you are.  Once you really start thinking, I feel like you're less likely to give into impulse.  And most of the time, you'll be like "well, I'm not sure how full I am, but maybe its around 80% since I'm no longer as starving as I was before I started eating"

And perhaps, because you're not just starving for cake, but you've had the fruit, you'll eat a smaller piece.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, RCharter said:

I think the beauty of that method is just in the contemplation.  So much of our eating, or at least mine, is impulsive.  Eating a piece of fruit forces you to think.  Do you really want this cake?  Is the fruit enough?

I feel like its the same thing with the "eat until you're 80% full," I think the magic of it, is in forcing you to sit down and think about how full you are

Taking response to small talk.

On 6/24/2016 at 3:34 PM, bichonblitz said:

I would never even think to say "I think we're done here" to my dad in that condescending tone. Just who the hell does that disrespectful, snotty, know it all brat think she is?  I really like her parents. They are lovely people. They never learned how to raise Whitney to be a lovely person. 

Whitney smokes? and is 380 pounds? There is no way she climbed those steps in 4 minutes or what ever they said. No Way. They must have had to stop the camera's many times so she could take breaks. We're not stupid. 

I had the same thought.  Maybe 4 mins if her trainer stopped timing  each and every time stopped to catch her breath.  I can't believe she could make it up in 6 minutes, the time her trainer wanted her to complete it in, not even close, were a timer not stopping every time she paused, which was likely every couple of stairs.  That is a good workout even for a healthy person, I'm shocked she didn't pass out right then and there given that level of exertion and exhaustion.

• Love 3
On 6/29/2016 at 0:27 PM, ShowsILoveToHate said:

I just checked out the picture on Facebook of her standing on the front porch of the house that I guess she bought, and looking at a still frame of the house that she and Buddy were renting, it's the same house.  I wonder if she bought it so that she could kick Buddy out, and have Lenny move in..?  It looks like she and Buddy have a little anger exchange on tonight's episode, plus her father brings up the subject of Whitney wanting Lenny to move in.   

Oh, and I think Buddy is a bartender. At least, that's what I remember it saying beneath his name on the screen.

If she bought the house, does TLC have to pay her to film there?  Cha-ching!

• Love 1
8 hours ago, RCharter said:

That's a good point!  Plus I know that the filming crew needs to install bright overhead lighting in the ceiling and darken the windows to cut down on glare and reflections, etc. She probably used her TLC pay to buy the house.  I wonder if she needed one of her parents as a co-signer??

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, ShowsILoveToHate said:

That's a good point!  Plus I know that the filming crew needs to install bright overhead lighting in the ceiling and darken the windows to cut down on glare and reflections, etc. She probably used her TLC pay to buy the house.  I wonder if she needed one of her parents as a co-signer??

I would think so.  I mean, she has had a TLC show for 3 years now, someone has to be wondering what happens when/if the show gets cancelled, right?

• Love 1
17 hours ago, RCharter said:

That's probably standard.  I remember back in the days of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, in discussions of how people could afford to pay the taxes on those Ty Pennington excesses, several people said that the homeowners were paid for providing the venue.

• Love 2
On 6/30/2016 at 8:40 AM, Barb23 said:

he mentioned her smoking.  

This stunned me. She's most likely 400-plus pounds. She mentioned being on birth control. It seems she'd be a prime candidate for a stroke, or blood clots, or any number of things for which the odds are worse for smokers. 

• Love 6
On 6/22/2016 at 11:19 PM, Alapaki said:

I've had echocardiograms.  I've never been able to just lean on my side like that and watch the film.  Also, I seriously doubt they were able to get a good readable study with a regular echo on Whitney.  People of Whitney's size almost always require a trans-esophageal echocardiogram (where they snake the camera down your throat) in order to get a proper view of the heart.

Interesting. I've had an echo and had to lean on my side like that. It was pretty cool to be able to watch my heart beat on screen. I don't know if weight would matter, but I was underweight at the time.

• Love 1

I've had echocardiograms both ways.  A few years ago they had me lay on my back.  Last November I was on my side.  I mentioned it to the technician, and she told me they always have the patient on their side.  I figured they had changed the protocol.

• Love 1
On 6/22/2016 at 10:05 PM, greekmom said:

I applaud the guy and the girl who called Whit out at the university presentation. Her no BS campaign is freaking B.S.

Just rewatched this episode.
I can't imagine why she didn't have some answer prepared for this.  If you advocate staying fat, you KNOW people will call you on it.
She seemed to just be up there sputtering.

• Love 1
On 3/28/2018 at 1:17 PM, auntjess said:

Just rewatched this episode.
I can't imagine why she didn't have some answer prepared for this.  If you advocate staying fat, you KNOW people will call you on it.
She seemed to just be up there sputtering.

She doesn't prepare ahead for anything, that would require effort and planning.   I think she thinks that because she's up there admitting she's fat and "fabulous" that that's enough, people should just applaud her for her "bravery" and "honesty".   When someone calls her out with a serious question about this choice she's dumbfounded, she has no answer because deep down she knows they're right.

• Love 2

I noticed the lack of preparation again, in the one where she went to do a dance/exercise video, and took Todd and Mattie, and it took a lot of takes, and the guy doing it was looking pretty fed up at points.
(This was when Whit didn't pick the girl who was best, because said girl had "tried to steal her dance class.")

Edited by auntjess
  • Love 2