Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E01: When The Ship Hits The Fan

• Start Topic

Heather looks so much like Tati Westbrook it's crazy. Their voices even sound the same.

correction Tati looks like her without the surgery and younger but they could pass but the resemblance is eerie

• Love 1
On 6/22/2016 at 5:46 PM, ladle said:

Here's the thing.  Vicki is objectively an awful person.  I think we can all get on board with that.  But, to me, this show *is* Vicki.  I'm not going to pretend I would stop watching if she weren't on it because, let's face it, I'm Bravo's bitch and I would likely continue watching even if they replaced her with a Cornish game hen in lash extensions and a tube dress.  However, in my opinion, she is the most compelling person on the show.  I think a lot of that is due to her utter narcissism and lack of self-awareness (e.g. Even little things like her comment that she bought Brianna's new house.  Why?  Why even mention that?).  To me, it's more interesting to watch her than to watch someone like, say, Tamra, who comes off as very calculating and playing to the camera in many ways.  I can't help it; I want to know what comes next for Vicki, whether it's getting hit in the head with another football or offensively asking workers in her home not to "scratch the woody."  Again, please do not read this as a moral defense of Vicki.  She's absolutely awful.  But, to me, she's compelling and also "real," to the extent that any of them are.  

And it is absolutely idiotic that the other women were refusing to film with her because...why?  Some wacked out sense of a moral compass?  (Especially Megan, who's been on this show for all of one season?  Like, take a seat.)  Do they not realize how dull the show would be if she weren't around?  It would basically consist of Terry working too much, Shannon sitting around with a constipated look, Megan discussing her (non-)"fertility issues," and Tamra doing bicep presses.

Ladle, I totally agree.  As exasperating as Vicki can be sometimes, she really brings the drama and I always find her life interesting.  I know many people will not buy into this but I do believe she has a good side.  I think she must have been a pretty decent mom because Brianna and Michael turned out well.  I like her midwestern down-to-earth vibe -- in earlier seasons, you would see her cooking meals and tending to her home.  She's a big believer in hard work and saving money.  Look, I know she can be atrocious and she's a real narcissist but she's not as fake or contrived as some of the other ladies. I mean who else would be willing to be filmed peeing on a hotel bedspread, getting hit in the face with a football, chasing uninterested former classmates at their high school reunion and any other cringe-inducing moments. Remember the look on her face when Lauri got that new Mercedes as a present from her soon-to-be husband?  Remember when she said to her friend's husband "my boobs want to come out and play." Or when she went to Per Se (one of the nicest five-star restaurants in the world) and said in her nasally midwestern twang "I just want a steak and a saaaaalad."  I almost died of embarrassment for her but ending up laughing so hard because she was so ridiculous and entertaining.

Vicki is the gift that keeps on giving -- whether she's complaining about love tanks or enduring unnecessary plastic surgery.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Gaily said:

Ladle, I totally agree.  As exasperating as Vicki can be sometimes, she really brings the drama and I always find her life interesting.  I know many people will not buy into this but I do believe she has a good side.  I think she must have been a pretty decent mom because Brianna and Michael turned out well.  I like her midwestern down-to-earth vibe -- in earlier seasons, you would see her cooking meals and tending to her home.  She's a big believer in hard work and saving money.  Look, I know she can be atrocious and she's a real narcissist but she's not as fake or contrived as some of the other ladies. I mean who else would be willing to be filmed peeing on a hotel bedspread, getting hit in the face with a football, chasing uninterested former classmates at their high school reunion and any other cringe-inducing moments. Remember the look on her face when Lauri got that new Mercedes as a present from her soon-to-be husband?  Remember when she said to her friend's husband "my boobs want to come out and play." Or when she went to Per Se (one of the nicest five-star restaurants in the world) and said in her nasally midwestern twang "I just want a steak and a saaaaalad."  I almost died of embarrassment for her but ending up laughing so hard because she was so ridiculous and entertaining.

Vicki is the gift that keeps on giving -- whether she's complaining about love tanks or enduring unnecessary plastic surgery.

I think the reason that so many people embraced Vicki to an extent in earlier seasons was that she did seem to be real - flaws and all.  She reminds me so much of Ramona. But the deal now is, no one can say that she isn't faked or contrived after last season. No one ever can say that. Ever. The whole cancer deal was fake, contrived, and horrible. Hey, they all embellish shit for a story line. Tamra pretending she was considering another child comes to mind. But they can get away with that if they are having a slow year as long as the they don't involve others in their bullshittery.  Vicki involved them in this, especially Heather and Shannon. It wasn't just her story to be silly about, she brought others into it. Especially Heather and Terry when she tried to use Terry's professional credentials to lend credibility to the farce. She is now the most fake of all the fakes. 

And I would tend to disagree about how her kids turned out. True, the bar is low on this particular franchise. They haven't been in jail, on drugs, or accused of shooting anyone. On the other hand, her son didn't even want his mom to have his address.  Nothing says love and devotion like wanting your mom to be unaware of where you even live. And Brianna has certainly done nothing over the last few years to make me think she turned out all that great. 

• Love 8

Yes, MCM.  Heather is pretty subtle - she'll (eventually, unfortunately) film with her but I know she will never forgive her, ever and that makes sense to me.  Shannon also has no reason to forgive Vicki when Vicki sicced her sister-in-law equivalent on her, on camera.  I think Heather and Shannon will be on RHOOC as long as it is on, as they are the only well-off women on the franchised and are now into the fame and WWHL appearances and radio show-type runoff.  I don't think the show needs Vicki and she is so low-rent.  I thrill to the knowledge showed in multiple posts in this thread that her wealth is largely illusory and that she CAN'T move to a chic Laguna Beach waterfront smaller place because she can't get rid of her home.  She is a fraud, is cancer-scamming NOW, and is beneath contempt.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Midnight Cheese said:

Yes, MCM.  Heather is pretty subtle - she'll (eventually, unfortunately) film with her but I know she will never forgive her, ever and that makes sense to me.  Shannon also has no reason to forgive Vicki when Vicki sicced her sister-in-law equivalent on her, on camera.  I think Heather and Shannon will be on RHOOC as long as it is on, as they are the only well-off women on the franchised and are now into the fame and WWHL appearances and radio show-type runoff.  I don't think the show needs Vicki and she is so low-rent.  I thrill to the knowledge showed in multiple posts in this thread that her wealth is largely illusory and that she CAN'T move to a chic Laguna Beach waterfront smaller place because she can't get rid of her home.  She is a fraud, is cancer-scamming NOW, and is beneath contempt.

She showed her true colors (sociopath) time and time again.  By starting a cancer scam now she was looking for yet one more way to fleece more money away from people. Desperate people. I would have believed she learned something had she NOT created this lameass new venture but donated a % of her salary this year to cancer research.  She is below low and frankly I want her gone. The show does not need this giant ball of suck. She is the type of person that will smack you in the face and then bitch how you broke her nail or hurt her hand.

And I don't see Brianna as some major accomplishment. She married a raving asshole who was ready to throw down with a 60 year old woman over a gd couch that I'm sure was covered by some homeowners insurance if it had been irreparably damaged and she was making excuses for him. Hell the woman had more money than all of them so im sure she would have paid for it had she ruined it.  If Ryan had been my husband at that moment I would not have defended his actions. I would have gotten him out of there and told him he is never to treat people that way and until he had major therapy kept him off camera away from friends.  But then again I wasn't raised by Vickie so I was taught what is and is not an acceptable way to treat people.  My guess is Ryan was way worse without the cameras.  

So I'm good with the entire Gunvelson clan going away.  Surely the OC has another small business owner who is ready to sell their soul to bravo. 

• Love 19

Regarding Shannon being all buddy busdy with Tamra despite what tamra pulled on her in season 9...if you recall, it took most of season 10 before Shannon truly forgave her.... same with her toward Heather.

The one thing I do like about Shannon is that if shes pissed at you...she wont pretend to forgive you...but you see the gradual process of forgiving and rebuiding a friendship.  I do think Vicki and Shannon could become friendly again...but Vicki cant expect it to happen overnight...she'll have to wait pkus show with action shes sincere.

• Love 4

Vicki needs to acknowledge her part in WHY people are mad. She is acting like people woke up one day and started being mad at her. 

Until she acknowledges that she owes these girls an apology its not gonna get better.

• Love 14

Why would they get rid of Vicki? Hell, Teresa Juidice who, with her crooked husband, pulled scams totaling millions of dollars, did prison time, and still was welcomed back like a hero by Andy. Vicki is so controversial that, the more outrageously she behaves, the happier Andy will be. Vicki ain't going nowhere ( said in my best Juicy Joe Juidice voice).

• Love 4

I honestly feel there is no show without Vicki. I think she is more crucial to the OC than Nene is to Atlanta or LVP is Beverly Hills. She is the glue that holds it all together. What are we going to watch without Vicki? Megan's IVF? Tamra's muscle contest? Shannon's new house? I know, I know - new conflict would of course pop up. But I just can't imagine nearly as interesting as Vicki's neediness/reactivity and the lows to which it takes her. The other women just aren't all that interesting on their own and I don't care about what dumb shit they would argue about. I understand the idea that Vicki no longer seems "real" because she was part of a scam, but to me this still fits in line with who she has always been - she was desperate for things to work out with Brooks, especially because she divorced Donn for him, and so she let herself get enmeshed in something so dark for the sake of it. Vicki is still chasing her full love tanks. She is almost like a movie character in terms of the lengths she will go for what she wants.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

On the other hand, her son didn't even want his mom to have his address.  Nothing says love and devotion like wanting your mom to be unaware of where you even live. And Brianna has certainly done nothing over the last few years to make me think she turned out all that great. 

With respect I don't agree with this. No, Brianna is no saint but she managed to get her nursing degree over V's objections,. married someone  her mother didn't have any real reason to initially dislike aside from the fact that he was military, not an officer and neglected to ask her permission to marry B. B is probably right in saying that she makes a 6 figure income, no mean accomplishment. She seems to be dealing reasonably well with a husband who may well be coping with PTSD and everything which goes with that. The military life isn't an easy one--I'm an army brat. Not everyone can hack it and deployment is no joke for anyone involved, the soldier or the family waiting. Plus B clearly knows her mother is a big hole of sucking need and still seems to love and protect her as far as possible. If V was my mother I might well keep my address from her as well.

The son? He has mom's #, always has. He does as little as he has to so he can skim by and seems fine with that--mom is basically paying his way, they both know it. I wouldn't fund my son but we all make our choices. Michael is a lazy fellow, he knows it and he's playing V's game to coast. I ssupect when that ride ends he'll find something else.

Vicki? Poor unadulterated scum. She's what my uncle used to refer to as a rotating SOB; a bastard any way you look at him (her).

• Love 7

Personally, I've always been mystified by the longevity of and conviction among production and a not insignificant number of viewers alike that ne plus ultras of crassness like Vicki and Ramona Singer constitute indispensable make-or-break elements of their respective franchises. I actually thought the case study of NeNe Leakes illustrated that no series under the RH umbrella hinges upon one single cast member (save for maybe Teresa Giudice and that's only because New Jersey was constructed around her blood family rather than social network) - sure, Atlanta was a snooze-fest last year but it was already sliding in terms of narrative quality and ratings alike before NeNe bounced.

Similarly, I thought season 9 was one of the most compelling recent seasons of Orange County and Vicki was largely an afterthought in the scrum of Heather and Tamra driving Shannon to an emotional breakdown, Lizzie sending for Tams, and the original installment of the Beador marriage saga.

As for the premise that there would have been no dramatic conflict last year without her, that's totally symbiotic because sans Meghan PI, viewers would have been treated to a soporific season-long infomercial for juicing and/or Heather and Shannon alike supportively co-signing Vicki's pity party.

• Love 3

I actually thought Vicki played a big part in Season 9. It was Shannon's sudden closeness with both Tamra and Vicki that caused Heather to get very insecure about being on the outs and to then go after the new girl. And Vicki and Shannon's blossoming friendship was a much-needed counterpoint to the dark gaslighting drama. Vicki was the one who cosigned that Tamra had said the Dubrows wanted to take the Beadors down (albeit in TH's), Vicki was the one who took Shannon under her wing and she had Shannon's back all season long, Vicki was definitely a crucial part of the final "gang up" against Tamra. I know Vicki wasn't necessarily "the star" of any of these dramas, but she was a key part of every dynamic, and in that particular season she brought a levity that was welcome. Vicki had a great response from viewers that year - quite a far cry from the downfall she would take just a season later. Personally, I don't think Ramona is needed for NYC; nor do I think Nene is needed for ATL (although her return did give the show much-needed jolt); but, for me, Vicki is different. I am sure the OC could still do fine in the ratings, but there is just no way I would be interested in the show anymore without her. It's hard to put my finger on why. I just find her to be one of the most consistently fascinating, frustrating and unintentionally hilarious reality show cast members ever. The show hasn't changed her, she is who she is, and it's actually a complex person with a lot of different shades.

• Love 2

The military life isn't an easy one--I'm an army brat. Not everyone can hack it and deployment is no joke for anyone involved, the soldier or the family waiting.

Apparently, Brianna couldn't hack it, given her bitching about having to live in OK, and how she's now back in OC under her mom's wing.

I actually thought the case study of NeNe Leakes illustrated that no series under the RH umbrella hinges upon one single cast member (save for maybe Teresa Giudice and that's only because New Jersey was constructed around her blood family rather than social network)

Caroline, Dina, and Jaqueline were actually the initial "core" family of the NJ series; Teresa was just a friend whose family didn't become cast members until the third season.

• Love 2
(edited)
30 minutes ago, jaync said:

Apparently, Brianna couldn't hack it, given her bitching about having to live in OK, and how she's now back in OC under her mom's wing.

Caroline, Dina, and Jaqueline were actually the initial "core" family of the NJ series; Teresa was just a friend whose family didn't become cast members until the third season.

Ryan left the Marines because of his back, not because of Brianna.

You are correct, Teresa became the NJ HW after Dina quit the show breaking up the Manzo family cast. That is when production decided to make the show centered on her and her family.

Edited by WireWrap

Ryan left the Marines because of his back, not because of Brianna.

She was complaining before he left, though. And, instead of remaining in the home they had made in OK, or moving closer to his family, they've hightailed it back to Vicki's orbit (and Bravo's cameras). Anyway, Brianna's a bitchy cow, Ryan's an A-1 asshole, and I'd rather not see them on my tv screen.

• Love 5
On June 21, 2016 at 0:50 AM, KLovestoShop said:

I thought Meghan may have gained a few pounds to sustain a pregnancy, so maybe that's why her face looks different.   

Dont like Vicki's new kitchen.  I don't think the gray polished concrete countertops go with the cabinets.  Vicki is so disgusting in her continued Brooks bullshit.  She supposedly has a new man already, but no idea if he will be on the show. 

Give me a freaking break, Meghan.  If she freaks out over blood what the hell is she going to do during childbirth?   Babies should never have babies, especially if the baby is Meghan.  And if her husband is now a coach, she won't see him until October.  What kind of marriage is that, and why the hell doesn't she move to St Louis?   

Kelly is just plain awful, her mother is scary looking, trying to look a lot younger than she really is.  She has a bar on every floor?   Oy, that's telling.  If she decorated her house, I wonder if she worked in a whore house before she got married because the decor looks cheap and tacky.  I don't know if she's trying to be a new Sarah Silverman, with her crude mouth, but the bitch ain't funny.  And unlike Jeana, Kelly's face work looks really bad.  Too much lip and cheek fillers.  

Jeana looks fantastic, and all the women need to visit her plastic surgeon, because whoever did her work, really made it look natural.  None of that scary cat-lady freaky look. 

Ditto to all these points.

It was startling just as a viewer to see such a change in Vicki's kitchen.  While her kitchen needed an update, IMO, I agree that the choices didn't seem to fit.  She needed a change from that faux Tuscan thing but she held onto that same style cabinet!  I hope Jeff Lewis wasn't responsible because I thought she mentioned him helping her...   Even he did work with her I would never believe he put those cabinets with that counter top!  Vicki probably threatened not to pay him if he didn't go with her cabinet choice!! Beautiful counter top and appliances, but clash with the color of the cabinets.  On that alone, Vicki should go away!

I love Jeana too!  I think it's because she is truly the OG and Vicki squeezed her out.  Glad Jeana is looking and feeling better about herself, but I agree with those who mentioned she needs a new hairstyle.

• Love 1
(edited)
On June 25, 2016 at 5:52 PM, Beden said:

With respect I don't agree with this. No, Brianna is no saint but she managed to get her nursing degree over V's objections,. married someone  her mother didn't have any real reason to initially dislike aside from the fact that he was military, not an officer and neglected to ask her permission to marry B. B is probably right in saying that she makes a 6 figure income, no mean accomplishment. She seems to be dealing reasonably well with a husband who may well be coping with PTSD and everything which goes with that. The military life isn't an easy one--I'm an army brat. Not everyone can hack it and deployment is no joke for anyone involved, the soldier or the family waiting. Plus B clearly knows her mother is a big hole of sucking need and still seems to love and protect her as far as possible. If V was my mother I might well keep my address from her as well.

The son? He has mom's #, always has. He does as little as he has to so he can skim by and seems fine with that--mom is basically paying his way, they both know it. I wouldn't fund my son but we all make our choices. Michael is a lazy fellow, he knows it and he's playing V's game to coast. I ssupect when that ride ends he'll find something else.

Vicki? Poor unadulterated scum. She's what my uncle used to refer to as a rotating SOB; a bastard any way you look at him (her).

The thing with Brianna is that I don't think she protects Vicki. She, as much as anyone else, seemed intent on ruining her moms relationship on camera. I get it. Brooks is horrible. I wouldn't want my mom dating him either. But B seemed serious about making her mom look like a big fool.  Over and over again. The thing that really struck me was that scene last season when Vicki went to Oklahoma and they had that epic fight on camera. The one where Vicki told the cameras to stop filming. Talk about breaking the 4th wall. Vicki said that she and B had both agreed to not argue about Brooks on camera last season. They were going to keep their differences about him away from the camera, but then B took it to a new level and Vicki was caught off guard. The doubts about Brooks and his cancer came largely from things that B was saying. Yes, Megan was saying stuff as well, but B talking about it lent credibility to the idea it was a scam. This was caused by B. I just don't understand someone doing that to their mother. The problem with both B and Micheal is that they were raised by Vicki, and picked up some of her more unsavory traits. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 2
(edited)
42 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

The thing with Brianna is that I don't think she protects Vicki. She, as much as anyone else, seemed intent on ruining her moms relationship on camera. I get it. Brooks is horrible. I wouldn't want my mom dating him either. But B seemed serious about making her mom look like a big fool.  Over and over again. The thing that really struck me was that scene last season when Vicki went to Oklahoma and they had that epic fight on camera. The one where Vicki told the cameras to stop filming. Talk about breaking the 4th wall. Vicki said that she and B had both agreed to not argue about Brooks on camera last season. They were going to keep their differences about him away from the camera, but then B took it to a new level and Vicki was caught off guard. The doubts about Brooks and his cancer came largely from things that B was saying. Yes, Megan was saying stuff as well, but B talking about it lent credibility to the idea it was a scam. This was caused by B. I just don't understand someone doing that to their mother. The problem with both B and Micheal is that they were raised by Vicki, and picked up some of her more unsavory traits. 

There was no "agreement" between Vicki and Brianna to not talk about Brooks on the show. Vicki demanded that Brianna not talk about him on camera and then tried to bribe Brianna into accepting her terms with a car she had to pay for (once again, Vicki made the down payment and Brianna had to make the monthly payments). If you go back to that conversation at Brianna's house that you reference, Vicki tried to make Brianna look bad/petty for not wanting to stay at Vicki's house when they came back for a visit because poor sick Brooks (who Vicki/Brooks claimed was getting chemo treatments) was going to a hotel just to appease her. Again, Vicki was trying to make herself/Brooks look like victims and Brianna the bad person despite Brianna saying that she didn't want to uproot a sick/ill man from his own bed and wanted to stay in the hotel herself/family instead.

I can't blame Brianna for knowing he/they were lying as it was Vicki telling her nurse daughter obvious lies, like the big lie involving Terry/IV/house call and I don't think Brianna ever thought Vicki was part of his cancer scheme but felt her mother was a victim of his.

ETA....What mother tries to force/demand/bribe her daughter into being complicit with lies about/revolving around a cancer scam and then tries to blame her for not going along with it?

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 6
31 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

The thing with Brianna is that I don't think she protects Vicki. She, as much as anyone else, seemed intent on ruining her moms relationship on camera. I get it. Brooks is horrible. I wouldn't want my mom dating him either. But B seemed serious about making her mom look like a big fool.  Over and over again. The thing that really struck me was that scene last season when Vicki went to Oklahoma and they had that epic fight on camera. The one where Vicki told the cameras to stop filming. Talk about breaking the 4th wall. Vicki said that she and B had both agreed to not argue about Brooks on camera last season. They were going to keep their differences about him away from the camera, but then B took it to a new level and Vicki was caught off guard. The doubts about Brooks and his cancer came largely from things that B was saying. Yes, Megan was saying stuff as well, but B talking about it lent credibility to the idea it was a scam. This was caused by B. I just don't understand someone doing that to their mother.

With respect, I think we have different takes on this. I came away from this seeing B (not a saint by any means but...) as seemingly genuinely concerned about her mother--yet gain--being drawn into a bad thing because of her bottomless hole of sucking need and insecurity and latching onto anyone saying whatever she wanted to hear despite all evidence pointing to him being a lying shyster.

I can agree to disagree without any hard feelings.

• Love 3
55 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

There was no "agreement" between Vicki and Brianna to not talk about Brooks on the show. Vicki demanded that Brianna not talk about him on camera and then tried to bribe Brianna into accepting her terms with a car she had to pay for (once again, Vicki made the down payment and Brianna had to make the monthly payments). If you go back to that conversation at Brianna's house that you reference, Vicki tried to make Brianna look bad/petty for not wanting to stay at Vicki's house when they came back for a visit because poor sick Brooks (who Vicki/Brooks claimed was getting chemo treatments) was going to a hotel just to appease her. Again, Vicki was trying to make herself/Brooks look like victims and Brianna the bad person despite Brianna saying that she didn't want to uproot a sick/ill man from his own bed and wanted to stay in the hotel herself/family instead.

I can't blame Brianna for knowing he/they were lying as it was Vicki telling her nurse daughter obvious lies, like the big lie involving Terry/IV/house call and I don't think Brianna ever thought Vicki was part of his cancer scheme but felt her mother was a victim of his.

ETA....What mother tries to force/demand/bribe her daughter into being complicit with lies about/revolving around a cancer scam and then tries to blame her for not going along with it?

Brianna knew that Vicki didn't want to dwell on Brooks last season. Hell, Andy had to threaten her with losing her job if she didn't talk about Brooks. I'm not saying that I don't understand Brianna's point. Just that I don't think that Brianna is above making Vicki look foolish to make her point.  I don't think that she was protecting Vicki in the way that she wanted to expose Brooks, even though it was hurtful to Vicki. Trust me, I am much more on Brianna's side than on Vicki's side, I have just never seen Brianna as this overall great person. It's hard to blame her, however, because Vicki is her mother. They clearly have a complex relationship that seems to border on co-dependent. I am often stunned by the way that Vicki has treated Brianna and what she has put her through, and the same goes for Brianna towards Vicki. I have said since the very first season on this show that the most stuning and consistent thing about both Brianna and Micheal was how they seemed to almost dislike and disrespect their mother to a shocking degree, and yet I would probably feel the same. 

• Love 2

I agree with you Motormom...It seems pretty obvious to me that there's a huge amount of anger in B regarding her mother for V's many dubious past decisions--up to and including her intrusion into her kid's lives, buying expensive cars and such as alleged 'gifts' then handing over the monthly payments, the out of control shrieking when challenged in any way and her many instances where she was clearly just button pushing (pretending to sell the Havasu vacation home to supposedly buy a ridiculous yacht). Yes, the relationships are complicated and contradictory but they're still tightly bound to one another--a kind of for better or worse situation.

My own mother had some pretty weird and destruction foibles but she was an amateur compared to Ms V.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Brianna knew that Vicki didn't want to dwell on Brooks last season. Hell, Andy had to threaten her with losing her job if she didn't talk about Brooks. I'm not saying that I don't understand Brianna's point. Just that I don't think that Brianna is above making Vicki look foolish to make her point.  I don't think that she was protecting Vicki in the way that she wanted to expose Brooks, even though it was hurtful to Vicki. Trust me, I am much more on Brianna's side than on Vicki's side, I have just never seen Brianna as this overall great person. It's hard to blame her, however, because Vicki is her mother. They clearly have a complex relationship that seems to border on co-dependent. I am often stunned by the way that Vicki has treated Brianna and what she has put her through, and the same goes for Brianna towards Vicki. I have said since the very first season on this show that the most stuning and consistent thing about both Brianna and Micheal was how they seemed to almost dislike and disrespect their mother to a shocking degree, and yet I would probably feel the same. 

Andy threatening her about Brooks was because Vicki didn't want him on camera even though he was living with her at the time, it was more than just "talking" about him. She wanted it to appear that they were no longer a couple/dating let alone living together, had he not moved in with her Andy may have allowed her to keep Brooks underwraps on the show.

Much of the time when Brianna outs Vicki it is because her mother is lying about something directly concerning her/involving her, like Brooks staying in a hotel, Terry coming over to administer an IV late at night, being "given" a new car/SUV, ect... I think it is one thing to have your mother involve you in lies in private but something entirely different when she does it on a national reality TV show for the world to see and I think Brianna got tired of it and would no longer go along with the lies.

• Love 1

Vicki wanted Brianna to stay at her house when they came to visit.  But Brianna would not be in the house with Brooks so she said she would get a hotel.  Vicki was adamant that they stay IN the house, she did not want Brianna and the grandkids at a hotel, she wanted them visiting with her there under the same roof, so she could do bed checks, and make them breakfast, and dote on them and whatever is it she likes to do.  So she said Brooks would move out, and he would get a hotel.  But Brianna, was like no way, I am not going to look like the person who made a sick man with cancer move out and go to a hotel.  As a nurse, she just would not do this, and I also think she was concerned that to force him to be the one to leave, would make her look like a huge jerk.  So instead she outed the whole thing and made her mother look like a jerk.  But again, I think Vicki was the true A-hole in this situation for even putting Brianna in this situation.  I mean really what Vicki wanted was for Brianna to fall on her sword and look like the bad guy.  I do not blame Brianna at all for sticking to her guns on that one.  And to find out later he was faking it the entire time - good lord.

• Love 12
On 6/24/2016 at 4:18 PM, beaker73 said:

Didn't Vicki also sic her brother and his girlfriend on Shannon at last year's finale? I recall the girlfriend demanding proof about David's affair or some such bullshit.  I think Vicki did plenty to Shannon.  

I don't think Vicki sicced them on Shannon last year. Notice how when Shannon came up to Vicki after that and sarcastically said "thanks a lot" and Vicki said "you're welcome" because she honestly thought Shannon was thanking her for something. She had no idea what had just gone down between Shannon and her brother's girlfriend. I think the girlfriend really thought she was being protective for Vicki and went rogue in doing so. 

24 minutes ago, MatildaMoody said:

I don't think Vicki sicced them on Shannon last year. Notice how when Shannon came up to Vicki after that and sarcastically said "thanks a lot" and Vicki said "you're welcome" because she honestly thought Shannon was thanking her for something. She had no idea what had just gone down between Shannon and her brother's girlfriend. I think the girlfriend really thought she was being protective for Vicki and went rogue in doing so. 

I don't know that Vicki "sic'd" her brothers GF on Shannon but I think she counted on them to defend her using the information, private information, Shannon shared with Vicki that Vicki in turn shared with them. Also, I do think Vicki heard/knew what was said to Shannon by her brothers GF.

• Love 1

I feel ever so sorry for any children that Meghan and her obnoxious husband have, he is so obviously checked out and seems like he just agreed to have a baby to keep Meghan occupied while he is doing whatever it is he does...and Meghan as a mom?  Oh boy, should be interesting, she is quite immature, maybe her mom will end up raising the baby she wanted so badly....

• Love 1
7 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Vicki!!!

• Love 3

It was really telling when Megan was going on about the IVF treatments and he was all about the packaging of his candles, (really, candles? WTF?) not even acknowledging what Megan was saying.  I wish she would have rethought having a baby with him right then and there and then verbalized it.  That would have been good TV.

• Love 2
51 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

It was really telling when Megan was going on about the IVF treatments and he was all about the packaging of his candles, (really, candles? WTF?) not even acknowledging what Megan was saying.  I wish she would have rethought having a baby with him right then and there and then verbalized it.  That would have been good TV.

If I was a more cynical person I'd suggest that Meghan is thinking ahead to a possible future situation; she's the 3rd wife of a man who does, indeed, seem over her. Should things come down to their divorcing having a baby/child puts her in a stronger position, despite the pre-nup she made a big deal over insisting on signing.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, Ubiquitous said:

Upon a second watching, I cannot help but think Kelly coached her daughter to make that "tossing the salad" comment.

Having watched this episode again, I am struck by how distasteful that whole scene was. I am not a prude by any means and enjoy a good naughty euphemism from time to time, but Kelly and her brother tee heeing over her daughter offering to toss the salad told me all I need to know about her. Do you think her daughter has been allowed any innuendo free, innocent childhood? Add to it the "Idaho, no You da ho!", "we are trying to keep you off the pole", and trying to push her tits into Tamra's mouth while shrieking "You're into fitness? See if this fits!" (WTF, by the way?!) I am left believing her to be a repulsive attention whore. She may evolve for the better as the season progresses, but as of now, yikes! There is being bawdy fun and then there is being inappropriate and crude. Kelly is the latter. After 10 seasons I guess any decent person would know not to sign on with this show and therefore this is what we are left with. 

• Love 14

Hate Kelly. We all know she's watched the show so I hate the fake denial that she doesn't know what happened. And she is super ugly. Yes, there's a lot of hate in this post because it's about Kelly and Vicki.

I feel slightly like a terrible person for saying this, but I want to see Vicki suffer. She is vile, lying piece of shit. She was totally in on everything, lied constantly, and then wants to play the victim with Brooks. She compared herself to Jesus!!!!!! If that is not beyond the pale, I don't know what is -- I'm still in shock from that. And she compared herself to Jesus while knowing full well that she was lying and the whole thing was fake. She needs to answer for all of last season. I'm trusting that the ladies won't let her sweep this under the rug and they had better come through for us.  If she would just admit everything that lied about, I would forgive her (not like her but forgive her).

• Love 13
17 hours ago, Juneau Gal said:

Having watched this episode again, I am struck by how distasteful that whole scene was. I am not a prude by any means and enjoy a good naughty euphemism from time to time, but Kelly and her brother tee heeing over her daughter offering to toss the salad told me all I need to know about her. Do you think her daughter has been allowed any innuendo free, innocent childhood?

Yea, that was supremely awkward. Not only was it inappropriate conversation for a young child, but I cannot understand the dynamic where a brother and sister make those kind of jokes with each other. Granted, I don't HAVE a brother. But I feel confident in claiming I'd never be able to joke about something like that with him. 

• Love 2
On 6/25/2016 at 9:37 AM, motorcitymom65 said:

I think the reason that so many people embraced Vicki to an extent in earlier seasons was that she did seem to be real - flaws and all.  She reminds me so much of Ramona. But the deal now is, no one can say that she isn't faked or contrived after last season. No one ever can say that. Ever. The whole cancer deal was fake, contrived, and horrible.

I totally hear what you're saying, but to me, while the cancer deal was contrived fakery, it struck me as the type of contrived fakery that Vicki would be involved in whether she was on the show or not.  Does that make sense?  I feel like she's more or less "real" on the show (again, to the extent that any of them are), because that's who she really is -- somebody who is such an endless chasm of narcissistic need and whose identity is so bound up in the love of others that she's willing to go along with a grotesque plot like that, once she figures out it's happening (which I think we can all agree, at some point she did).  Again just speaking for myself, but I'd rather watch a fascinating psychological study like Vicki than someone who is giving a very controlled and deliberate performance as a "reality star."  (And, yes, obviously Vicki is performing to an extent too, but she's not good at it and you can always see her behind the veneer.)   

• Love 1
On 6/25/2016 at 9:37 AM, motorcitymom65 said:

I think the reason that so many people embraced Vicki to an extent in earlier seasons was that she did seem to be real - flaws and all.  She reminds me so much of Ramona. But the deal now is, no one can say that she isn't faked or contrived after last season. No one ever can say that. Ever. The whole cancer deal was fake, contrived, and horrible.

I totally hear what you're saying, but to me, while the cancer deal was contrived fakery, it struck me as the type of contrived fakery that Vicki would be involved in whether she was on the show or not.  Does that make sense?  I feel like she's more or less "real" on the show (again, to the extent that any of them are), because that's who she really is -- somebody who is such an endless chasm of narcissistic need and whose identity is so bound up in the love of others that she's willing to go along with a grotesque plot like that, once she figures out it's happening (which I think we can all agree, at some point she did).  Again just speaking for myself, but I'd rather watch a fascinating psychological study like Vicki than someone who is giving a very controlled and deliberate performance as a "reality star."  (And, yes, obviously Vicki is performing to an extent too, but she's not good at it and you can always see her behind the veneer.)   

• Love 2
(edited)
On 6/21/2016 at 0:44 PM, Midnight Cheese said:

I don't understand what Shannon's 'doing' to Vicki.  She has a puss on when Truffle Hunter is around.  Big deal. 

Truffle Hunter -- LOL!!

Edited by Lisin
Fixed it for you :)
  • Love 1
On 6/22/2016 at 4:38 AM, Gaily said:

Scoobs, I totally agree. If I were Vicki, I would sell the Olive Garden McMansion and buy an oceanfront or beachfront luxury condo in a nice OC town or someplace like Laguna Beach or Newport Beach.

Assuming she could get $2.1 mil for her house, that would buy only a modest size oceanfront condo in Laguna or Newport.  IMHO, probably not ostentatious enough for the Vickster.  Plus, her business is in Coto de Caza -- 40 miles or so from the beach cities mentioned.  The commute would be brutal.

On 6/22/2016 at 11:47 AM, OFDgal said:

But she was somehow able to buy Brianna a house to get them to come back close to her!  She's such a schemer.  She probably has money she moves around so Don didn't know about it.

I suspect it's the same kind of "bought for Briana" that she did with that Mercedes when Briana was in college.  All Vicki probably did was make the down payment and hand it over to Briana and Ryan together the payment coupon book, while taking credit for having "bought" them a house.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Anne Thrax said:

Truffle Hunter -- LOL!!

(Sorry about that last one -- couldn't figure out how to delete)

Does anyone know how to delete when you accidentally open two of the same post?

backspace

• Love 1

Since this is the first episode of the season I will keep it positive plenty of time for negativity later.

Tamra might be bats hit crazy but I give her credit for her discipline her figure looks amazing.

Heather looked lovely in her talking heads where she was wearing a dark lopstick. And that dress she wore on the yacht, gorgeous ?

Jeana I think she looked thinner and beautiful. No matter what age or work she has had I think she looks great.

Shannon gotta give that women some acting credit, that necklace she did a better job of hiding her WTH face than I ever  could.

Gonna skip over Vicki, Meghan and the new chick because I cannot think of anything positive to say about them!

On 6/21/2016 at 3:48 PM, parisprincess said:

It looks like [Kelly will] be pals with Vicky as she said she's fun.

At their lunch together, I thought that was really a stupid question that Vicki asked Kelly:  "Do you like to have fun?"  As if someone might reply "Oh no, not me.  I hate fun.  Fun is overrated."  Just stupid.  Ditto for the "woo-hoo" Vicki just HAD to spew for the seventeen millionth time.  Girl, get a new catch phrase, you've worn this one to shreds, it's NOT cute on someone over college age anyway, and everyone's sick of hearing it out of you. 

• Love 1
On 6/21/2016 at 3:48 PM, parisprincess said:

It looks like [Kelly will] be pals with Vicky as she said she's fun.

At their lunch together, I thought that was really a stupid question that Vicki asked Kelly:  "Do you like to have fun?"  As if someone might reply "Oh no, not me.  I hate fun.  Fun is overrated."  Just stupid.  Ditto for the "woo-hoo" Vicki just HAD to spew for the seventeen millionth time.  Girl, get a new catch phrase, you've worn this one to shreds, it's NOT cute on someone over college age anyway, and everyone's sick of hearing it out of you. 

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Anne Thrax said:

During the Kelly/Vickie lunch it was eyeroll worthy watching Kelly and Vickie woohoo.  That Kelly has seen this show and watching her work Vickie by woohooing incorrectly (meaning not the Vickie way) and having Vickie 'teach' her was all she needed to get in good with V.  I feel like I lost a few IQ points posting about woohoos.

Kelly's facework freaks me out.  She can't look in the mirror and think 'damn I look good' can she?  I think she was probably quite pretty before she was attacked by fillers, botox, and lip plumping jazz.  

• Love 1
On Tuesday, June 21, 2016 at 8:39 AM, ghoulina said:

I like Megan's hair. Jimmy is selling candles? What the what what? He seems more interested in his candles than conceiving a child with her. I'm fairly confident he's just letting her do this so she'll stop nagging him. I don't see him changing anything about his job(s) or his traveling. I hope Megan enjoys caring for a newborn by herself. Also, maybe this is nitpicking, but this constant referring to her "infertility" is a bit grating. It's like she's trying to include herself with all the other women who can't get pregnant, have suffered losses, etc. Your twice divorced husband snipped his stuff. I just don't see that as the same. I've known people who've done IVF - because they tried for years and years and nothing was working. You have access to his frozen sperm (weird that he froze it if he was done?) and appear healthy yourself. I don't think you have the right to start whining until you've failed to get pregnant yourself. Just my two cents. 

She's really irritating with her IVF BS. And her "fear" of needles. Does this dumb broad not remember jumping in the drs chair and smiling her way thru botox during her 1st season? Or let me guess, stabbing needles into your face isn't scary, but taking some blood is faint-worthy. Shut up Megan. 

Brianna can shut the hell up too. Am I headed for eternity with the devil because I don't give a rats ass (TM Vicki) about her and her health problems or creepy family? 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, hottesthw said:

Brianna can shut the hell up too. Am I headed for eternity with the devil because I don't give a rats ass (TM Vicki) about her and her health problems or creepy family? 

I liked Brianna in the early seasons, but it seems like since she married Ryan she has gotten horrible and unlikable (IMO).  I feel sorry for her with any (real) health problems she has, but she is not the first one to go through health issues.  Sometimes you have to suck it up.  Of course having a mother like Vickie could make anyone sicker than what they really are because of the emotional stress.  

• Love 1