Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E01: When The Ship Hits The Fan

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

As I watched Vicks puttering around that big house, claiming to be so sad & lonely, I was wondering why she doesn't just sell that place & move to a smaller one.  Anyone else wondering this too?

Scoobs, I totally agree. If I were Vicki, I would sell the Olive Garden McMansion and buy an oceanfront or beachfront luxury condo in a nice OC town or someplace like Laguna Beach or Newport Beach.  Now that she is a single lady, she can have a different lifestyle.  But I think she's the type that likes the prestige  having a BIG HOUSE and looks down on smaller properties or condos though. I did feel badly for her, moping around the house alone, peeling a forlorn tangerine by the sink.  It is hard to be alone after you have been with someone for so long so I did feel for poor Vicks.  I know, I know: she's playing us but I can't help it. I still have a soft spot for the ol' girl even after all these 10+ years.   But she SHOULD apologize for the Crooks Scam.  

• Love 5
13 hours ago, Talky Tina said:

I'm the opposite.  I very much feel bad for Josh.  Addiction is a horrible disease and I just feel like this kid never stood a chance.  It disgusted me how Laurie put all of Josh's problems on television so she could make money. 

I truly hope that Josh can get his life in order before its too late. 

Oh no argument addiction is a horrible disease. I have up close and personal knowledge of that. And of kids who break your heart. BUT he SHOT someone! Maybe he did get lucky and the victim didn't die but he still SHOT him. That's where my understanding ends. My sympathy is 100% with the parents.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Talky Tina said:

'm the opposite.  I very much feel bad for Josh.  Addiction is a horrible disease and I just feel like this kid never stood a chance.  It disgusted me how Laurie put all of Josh's problems on television so she could make money. 

I'm 100% with you. I think Lori just gave up on that kid. Even before filming, I think he was too much work and hampered her trying to find another man. Then she had the show and her sugar daddy and REALLY didn't have time for him; unless, of course, it was to make his tragedy part of her storyline. She disgusts me. I am praying for Josh. 

11 hours ago, Gaily said:

Sorry guys but I really like the addition of Kelly -- the show needed some spice and it is now getting it.  I like that she's younger, Mexican, strong and not afraid of anyone.  Look Vicki needs a protector heading into what could be the worst or the final season for her (may not be the final one but second-to-final one -- because if she cannot work her way out of this abyss, she will either be relegated to friend-of-housewife or Exile-Jill-Zarin-persona non grata status).  Plus, I think Kelly is funny and I love how much she loves her mom, brother, husband and cute daughter.

I haven't seen much to like about Kelly herself, but I think I may like the addition of her - simply because I think she will think for herself. Wasn't she technically brought on by Megan? Yet it seems she's going to be warming up to Vicki? That just shows me she's not about playing teams and is going to like who she likes and dislike who she likes. So that's something. 

10 hours ago, Feline Goddess said:

Heather's comment in her toast about inviting everyone they loved, but they weren't available ... was hilarious.  I liked her slightly shorter hair cut in the TH's. 

I thought that was funny as well. But probably also thoroughly thought about and rehearsed. Everything with Heather just seems so....orchestrated, to me. 

10 hours ago, Christi said:

Love that the new chick told Vicki that she was 55....and Vicki BELIEVED her...Burn!!!! Har har har 

That was great! She was soooo waiting for Vicki to say, "There's no way you're 55". But...um....no. 

• Love 8
11 hours ago, tinaw said:

I cant believe Vicki couldnt just say im sorry for what i did. Then on top of that is STILL blaming everyone else.

I dont think i can deal with her bullshit

Exactly. Even when she was on WWHL this week, she said she's ready to move on and she just wants her friends back, but she doesn't think really harmed anyone with her actions. WTH, Vicki? If she does apologize in this lifetime, it'll be some variation of, "I'm sorry you felt that I lied. All I wanted was for people to care and I don't see how lying about cancer is a bad thing when all I wanted was love".  She's so annoying.

• Love 12
(edited)

You have to wonder if Tamra is doing all this training to hold on to her much younger husband?  

She better hope that the training will also give her a penis.

If Vicki has an ounce of intelligence and/or an attorney, she will never admit she knowingly lied about or had anything to do with the Brooks cancer scam. If lawsuits are filed (medical bills, insurance recovery, whatever Brooks and Vicki were schilling), admitting on camera to being a knowing co-conspirator would be gold for plaintiffs. As gag-inducing as it may be for viewers familiar with Vicki's true motivations, she needs to keep playing the victim.

Edited by QQQQ
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Idk, by saying directly to the cam (in her TH), how she was so overwrought at Brooks leaving her, was that pretty much her admitting to us she lied like crazy last season -- to do anything she could to get him to stay with her?  OK, so she's desperate & desperately lonely.  No surprise there.  Don't especially care about her admission on that.

The question is -- is Vicks so much a part of this show, that viewers will accept (& ultimately forget) she was at the heart of such an awful fake cancer storyline, which dominated last season?  Guess we'll see.  We know Heather, Tams & especially Shannnon never forget this kinda stuff.

Quite frankly, I'm annoyed as hell with Vicks.  It's like her attitude is the viewers are idiots & she can throw out any bullshit she wants & she figures viewers will believe it or will always wanna watch her, no matter what she says or does.  Um, not so fast, Vicks.  I, for one, am not thrilled with ya, hun.

As I watched Vicks puttering around that big house, claiming to be so sad & lonely, I was wondering why she doesn't just sell that place & move to a smaller one.  Anyone else wondering this too?

She put the house on the market a couple of times, I believe, but it was always overpriced.

• Love 6

There is a line you NEVER cross and a cancer scam and all THEY did and said was way over that line.    Its beyond the point of apology. Vicki is someone who most people would never ever be around. She (as other posters have pointed out) not only lied and scammed about cancer, she tried to make money off it. She is land fill size piece of shit.    It would take me an hour or more to list the despicable things she did last season. You would need a Super Bowl size stadium to list all of the things she has done on all the seasons. I have liked Vicki, never found anything likable about her since the beginning. Bravo knew the cancer was a scam and now starts the down hill mash up of Vicki until she is broke and applying for a job as a nude sushi platter. Except she would be deemed a health hazard and be thrown in the dumpster.

• Love 13
(edited)

Exactly. Even when she was on WWHL this week, she said she's ready to move on and she just wants her friends back, but she doesn't think really harmed anyone with her actions. WTH, Vicki? If she does apologize in this lifetime, it'll be some variation of, "I'm sorry you felt that I lied. All I wanted was for people to care and I don't see how lying about cancer is a bad thing when all I wanted was love".  She's so annoying.

When she pulled Heather aside to speak to her, she never once said "I'm sorry for ____" (her part in any of it). She kept saying stuff about wanting forgiveness, but she never addressed what for or owned up to anything. I think she's under the impression that reconciliations will be all easy-breezy, since she isn't with Brooks any more. But no. 

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 7
13 hours ago, jaync said:

Is Eddie really that much younger than her?

Not really imo; Eddie is 5.5 years younger than Tamra.  To me, once people are in both their 40s like these two are, that age difference is negligible.

I'm not liking the way the wind is blowing on Vicki's SL...that all the other women are persecuting her for no reason.  I really wish she'd been demoted to a "friend of" status this season.

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

When she pulled Heather aside to speak to her, she never once said "I'm sorry for ____" (her part in any of it). She kept saying stuff about wanting forgiveness, but she never addressed what for or owned up to anything. I think she's under the impression that reconciliations will be all easy-breezy, since she isn't with Brooks any more. But no. 

With news about this latest  disgusting Kill Cancer/fundraising/insurance selling SCAM, Vicki is going to find that a reconciliation with us the viewers will not be easy-breezy either.

• Love 18
10 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Vicki tells us she was sobbing in the street begging that scumbag Brookes to not leave her....what? This is after he was exposed as a liar re having cancer and a fraudster re his medical records and she still doesn't want him to  leave her. That's quite messed up. To say the least!

I want to know why Vicks is so obsessed with Brooks. She just can't quit this guy. She wasn't this way with Don or her first husband. I know she doesn't like to be alone and moves on to the next one before she's finished with the one she's with but damn Brooksie must have something on her that will blow her world apart if he wants to divulge...or he's just that good in bed she keeps going back for more! Ha!

• Love 4
12 hours ago, ryebread said:

Her body looks great.  What will be a true reality check for her is when she stops the competition training and resumes normal eating and drinking.  Did you hear the trainer mention how far Tamra had come in just a couple weeks in building that body?  It goes away just as fast, if not faster, when you stop. Maintaining the training schedule and food/bev restrictions to stay that cut is near impossible at her age.  Also, she likes to drink too much to stick to what needs to be done.

If she's smart, she'll allow herself to age gracefully - staying fit but NOT obsessed with being the hottest housewife.  At some point, you've got to pass the torch. You just gotta. Fact of life. It's not going to be easy for her.  And living in the OC? That alone adds to the obsession/strain/demand of trying to stay firm and wrinkle free.

Tamra looked fantastic. Good for her. I kind of view the competition as a "bucket list item" for her, she will continue to keep in shape but not at a constant competition level. Then again it might be something she enjoys as her hobby and she continues.

Agreed, she needs to tone down the "hottest" talk. If she keeps quiet about it people will comment on her keeping herself up an admiring her for it, true unsolicited admiration. If she keeps up the "hottest" shtick people will look at her with a more critical eye and point out the faults.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Lizzing said:

Not really imo; Eddie is 5.5 years younger than Tamra.  To me, once people are in both their 40s like these two are, that age difference is negligible.

I'm not liking the way the wind is blowing on Vicki's SL...that all the other women are persecuting her for no reason.  I really wish she'd been demoted to a "friend of" status this season.

So much of what transpired last year happened after the Reunion.  So the fake records, the interviews really weren't addressed by the other women. Vicki jut wanting to breeze by it, is not realistic.  So there are plenty of reasons to hold Vicki accountable.

• Love 7
13 hours ago, Giselle said:

Don't like Kelly. She really gives of the vibe that she is extra "ON" because of the cameras.

I think one of the things that turns me off about Kelly is that she is very much aware of the cameras and is playing to them.  Plus, did anyone else catch Tamra saying that she'd met Kelly years before through Lynn?  And she and Vicki go to the same esthetician?  And she somehow magically met Meghan a year ago and is now on the show too?  Bitch has probably been trying for YEARS to get on the show.  She reeks of desperation to me.

• Love 19
(edited)

Kelly needs to STEP AWAY from the contouring makeup (example below).  And she's doing the Bethenny combover in this ep .  She does too much to her face, and IMO it makes her look as old as her hubby.  

things-to-know-about-rhoc-newest-cast-member-kelly-meza-dodd.jpg

540888188.jpg

Edited by OhGromit
  • Love 4
(edited)

I'm waitin' for Vicks to offer up a Moaner (or Gretchie-poo) type apology.  Oh, something like -- "Gee, idiot viewers & numbskull cast members, I'm so sorry if you were offended by the zillions of hideous lies I told to back up Brooks faking cancer."  Mmmm, yeah, that's in Vicks' head, but would she turn directly to the cam & say it in a TH?  Nah, that ain't Vicks -- at all.  

At her core, Vicks is absolutely unapologetic about being a con artist.  And that's all Vicks is.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, DeeplyShallow said:

She put the house on the market a couple of times, I believe, but it was always overpriced.

Yea, it is mortgaged to the hilt, so there's no way she can afford to sell it at the market price.  After paying the commission and other fees, she wouldn't have much left to use as a down payment on another house.

• Love 3

This franchise continues to feel so contrived to me.  Even with real b.s. going on (the vicki/brookes cancer crap, and the other h.w.'s anger about that), it's obvious that story lines have been obviously planned, ringers brought in, and stupid events planned to bring them all together.  

An echo cardiogram making Heather feel like she needs to include Vicki in a yacht party?  Oh PUHLEEZ.  

The new gal is a "friend of Megan's", yet it turns out she's gone to the same esthetician as Vicki for years?  Her greeting to Vicki (big hug and obvious familiarity) makes it quite clear we are being hoodwinked on who's friend she really is.  Her twattiness to Shannon straight out of the gate makes it very clear she's Vicki's ringer to make Shannon's life hell.  My money is on her pretending to have never seen the show, even though she's "friends" with two of the H.W.'s, one of which was hell bent on taking down the other last season.  That's right, new girl.  Tell us you know nooothing.

The only thing really real in that first epi was Tamara's banging bod.  (and I dislike her greatly, so saying that hurts a little).

It's offensive to me, because honestly, these ladies seem to have real drama for us to nibble on, but they try to cover it up with the fake shit to distract us.  It's like being served a lovely filet mignon with a pile of melted velveeta on top, while the server asks you "Doesn't that cheese look delicious?"  Why can't I just have the filet without the processed shit storm, damn it!!!!

I'm sure I'll keep watching, and complaining about it.  Because an addict is an addict is an addict.

• Love 19
(edited)

When a kid on camera they are fair game as far as I am concerned. If you don't want them talked about keep them out of filming and off of social media.

12 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I think she is counting on it. She has started a "new charity", https://realskepticsoftv.wordpress.com/2016/06/21/cancers-poor-taste/ and, IMO, she is doing it to get more insurance customers $$$$$$$. Gross, she is just GROSS!

Vicki will turn a cancer riddled corpse over to get the last penny out of their pocket. Wow, hiding a lead source in a dubious charity to make money off the sick and dying.

Maybe when those tired bracelets don't sell she can grind them up as cushioning for her grandsons' play area. She is now in Gretchen territory, manufacturing storylines to keep her relevant. Is that why she remodeled her kitchen, to tag on to Heather's storyline?

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 12
5 hours ago, Gaily said:

Scoobs, I totally agree. If I were Vicki, I would sell the Olive Garden McMansion and buy an oceanfront or beachfront luxury condo in a nice OC town or someplace like Laguna Beach or Newport Beach.  Now that she is a single lady, she can have a different lifestyle.  But I think she's the type that likes the prestige  having a BIG HOUSE and looks down on smaller properties or condos though. I did feel badly for her, moping around the house alone, peeling a forlorn tangerine by the sink.  It is hard to be alone after you have been with someone for so long so I did feel for poor Vicks.  I know, I know: she's playing us but I can't help it. I still have a soft spot for the ol' girl even after all these 10+ years.   But she SHOULD apologize for the Crooks Scam.  

Oops! Sorry, Gaily--I posted nearly the same thing before reading your post. 

• Love 1

I don't mind Shannon being pissed...still pissed. She was the first and last to defend Vicki and Brooks only to find out she was lied to and still probably has never been given a "Mea Maxima Fucking Culpa" from Vicki.

• Love 17
20 minutes ago, StevieRocks said:

I know, right? Go get an amazing condo with fabulous amenities and a view of the water. But, and I'm sure everyone knows this already--For Vicki and these other sad nitwits, the world is the street where they live. She still thinks that living in crappy Coto, or whatever it's called, is a status symbol. I think of OC as a hot, uncomfortable, shitty town with a bunch of horrible strip malls and lousy chain restaurants. They have a lot of nerve making fun of Oklahoma or any other place for that matter. Any time a server places something other than a Bloomin' Onion or boneless, skinless chicken breast in front of these unrefined rubes, they start retching and screwing up their faces in confusion. 

ITA      I loathed the couple of years I lived in Orange County.  Coto de Crapa is not considered a status place to live imo either. Your description is spot on. No culture, no diversity and its dirty and polluted.   

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Gaily said:

I have serious doubts she could afford to buy a place like that.  Isn't she mortgaged up the wazoo as it is?  When she divorced Don we all saw her financials and she didn't have as much as she lead viewers to believe.  I think V is smoke and mirrors.  She may make a decent amount on the show compared to normal non-famewhore types but for ocean front luxury?  No. 

I feel not one speck of sympathy for her and her lonely self.  People tend to get tired of being used and lied to.  If I were the other HWs I would not give her the time of day.  I have dealt with a sociopath and I see it in her.  No empathy for anyone and lying about shit that can be easily proven but turns it around that they are the victim. 

• Love 17

She did give an apology to Heather - just the two of them, privately.  I am pretty sure she did say she was sorry, not the typical "I'm sorry you feel that way" (tm Gretchen).

I kind of view the competition as a "bucket list item" for her, she will continue to keep in shape but not at a constant competition level. Then again it might be something she enjoys as her hobby and she continues.

I think she is genuinely into working out, that is why she has always been in shape and why she wanted to open up a gym in the first place. But I agree the competition is a bucket-list thing.  I have a couple friends IRL that have done these.  They were not lifelong workout/buff types, just similar to Tamra:  Suburban Moms in their 40's who see it like a fun fitness goal and what may be their last chance to be hot chicks and prance around in a bikini. 

• Love 2

I don't feel sorry for Vicki either.  Boo fricking hoo.   If you're so lonely, here's how you go about it:  stop being a bitch, con-artist and narcissist.  Get a pet, volunteer, get involved in community work, etc etc.   Besides who could be lonely in that backyard ?   I can't stop shaking my head and rolling my eyes over her.  

On a shallower notes:

Love Vicki's haircut.  Especially how it was styled when she was talking to Brianna.

Put me in the camp of loving Heathers' party dress too !   

Shannon continues to wear old matronly type things.  

New girl is not very attractive.   

• Love 5
(edited)
30 minutes ago, Cherrio said:

ITA      I loathed the couple of years I lived in Orange County.  Coto de Crapa is not considered a status place to live imo either. Your description is spot on. No culture, no diversity and its dirty and polluted.   

Rubber Chicken Breasts and Blooming Onions and national brand stores are everywhere these days as are people (not you but in general) who refuse to get out of their comfort zone and experience new things. There are places of culture and of diversity in OC, one just has to have the desire to seek them out as one would need to do when visiting any city, region or country. The Bowers Museum, Laguna Art Museum, Little Saigon in Westminster, Santa Ana for Hispanic culture. It's not all plain white bread. And lastly, there is always the freeway system to get you into other pockets of Southern California.

"Life and the world are a fucking banquet and most poor sons of bitches are starving to death."

paraphrased and stolen from Auntie Mame.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 10
12 minutes ago, Giselle said:

Rubber Chicken Breasts and Blooming Onions and national brand stores are everywhere these days as are people (not you but in general) who refuse to get out of their comfort zone and experience new things. There are places of culture and of diversity in OC one just has to have the desire to seek them out as one would need to do when visiting any city, region or country. The Bowers Museum, Laguna Art Museum, Little Saigon in Westminster, Santa Ana for Hispanic culture. It's not all plain white bread. And lastly, there is always the freeway system to get you into other pockets of Southern California.

"Life and the world are a fucking banquet and most poor sons of bitches are starving to death."

paraphrased and stolen from Auntie Mame.

I agree to an extent, because I also lived in Los Angeles which was much better than the O.C.     It just wasn't for me and out of all the places I have lived in the U.S.  it came in last.  I am also not a fan of concrete block walls and stucco. :)

• Love 5

Yea, it is mortgaged to the hilt, so there's no way she can afford to sell it at the market price.  After paying the commission and other fees, she wouldn't have much left to use as a down payment on another house.

But she did buy another house, she claims that she bought a house for Brianna.

I am with you though, I am confused as to how she is able to do this. I am sure most of the readers here remember the pyramid/equity scheme that Vicki and Donn played to buy their Coto home, the other house on Alta Mira, and the Mission Viejo flip.  They lost money on every single one of these and were not able to unload these properties for years.  Donn had to live with her during their divorce because she could not make her payments on the Coto house (Shire).  She must have cash reserves somewhere and paid cash for Brianna's house, I cannot imagine she could get approved for a line of credit, and she cannot have much equity in the home she lives in now since she was barely hanging on to it by a thread as of a year ago.

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, Cherrio said:

I haven't been to the gynecologist in years, but I recall that there was always a sheet over my lower half, down to my knees.  Do they not do that any more?  What they had Megan doing looked inappropriate and actually kind of hoochie

16 hours ago, Feline Goddess said:

Props to Shannon for allowing herself to be filmed without a stitch of make up. 

It was jarring, but maybe only because it's such a contrast to that mask she usually has on.  I've never understood wearing that much makeup, if only because when you look at your normal face in the mirror it could be quite a shock.  I know her face is washed out (or maybe just seems like it in comparison), but I think she could be a very lovely, fresh looking woman if she wore just a little make up.

I loathed the couple of years I lived in Orange County.  Coto de Crapa is not considered a status place to live imo either. Your description is spot on. No culture, no diversity and its dirty and polluted.

One thing about Orange County, though, is the movie theaters.  In Irvine, there are two multiplexes that show art/independent/foreign films just a couple of miles from each other, and another 3-screen theater in Costa Mesa with similar fare.  And right down the road in Laguna Niguel is a really nice multiplex that shows art films.

Southern California in general is kind of rich when it comes to theaters that show this kind of stuff, but I never expected Orange County to represent so well.

Back to the show...I did learn that money can't buy everything.  Kelly's hair is awful, just awful.  It's thin and stringy and broken off, and you just know she's thrown plenty of dollars at it, and it still looks like that. 

ETA:

Raise your hand if you have ever had a test that came back with a false positive (raises several hands). The first protocol when that happens is to repeat the test. That's what it sounds like happened. I never thought to reassess all my relationships and throw a big party after the results.

Me neither.  I wouldn't do it, but I could possibly see someone reassessing relationships (well, someone with a taste for drama, anyway), but I just can't understand throwing a party.  And if you ARE going to throw a party, just do it and tell your friends you love them.  Don't drag your guests into the life-or-death horrors of a false positive that might have resulted in a (very common) bypass. 

Edited by StatisticalOutlier
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I think she is counting on it. She has started a "new charity", https://realskepticsoftv.wordpress.com/2016/06/21/cancers-poor-taste/ and, IMO, she is doing it to get more insurance customers $$$$$$$. Gross, she is just GROSS!

Jesusfuckingchrist.  I hate Vicki. HATE.  I work in insurance and, guys, I PROMISE you we are not all like this piece of garbage. I cannot even believe that she is soliciting for insurance leads on her "charity" website. What in holy fuck is wrong with her??! 

All last season I thought how gross it was that Brooks was faking his cancer.  I mean, we ALL did, right? .  What kind of person does something like that?  And what kind of person goes along with it?? But, I'll tell you something--Mr. beaker73 got diagnosed in April and all that he is going through now really puts this into a whole new perspective. I no longer am disgusted by it--I'm angered by it.  The fact that she is trying to spin this into how she's the victim, how people are being unfair to her, makes me want to puke.  I will not sit through Vicki's Redemption Tour.  Shannon can give her all the looks and death stares she wants as far as I'm concerned.  

Anyway...

Kelly - yikes.   I can't look at her TH's where she's in the blue shirt.  That's a rough look she's got going there--the beige lips, the eyebrows...  Not a fan so far, but I'm open to a change of opinion.  I do love her house. 

Meghan - yawn. Baby story lines bore me to tears. Good for her that it appears that it worked, but I don't want to have to hear about it all season.  I'm more interested in watching Jimmy host a candle party. 

Tamra--yeah, so, I have a very good friend who is a fitness trainer and who very briefly got into the bodybuilding thing.  All she ate was chicken breasts, plain tuna from the can and shrimp.  No fat or carbs passed her lips.  She, like, Tamra is in remarkable shape (and I commend anyone who has that type of discipline), but they both have that hard, dried out look to them.  It's just not my preference.

Heather--whatever. She's fine, I guess.  Her party dress was stunning.  Let's get the house done already and move on.   

Shannon--my favorite at this point.  I really do like that she has no qualms about being filmed sans makeup. I hope we don't have to sit through more about The Affair this season.  

Jeana--Not a fan - never was. She's got gorgeous hair, but needs a new style STAT.  She also needs someone (not Vicki) to help her dress herself. She can lose all the weight she wants, but she still has a body shaped like a barrel.  It's probably not something she can't help, so she really needs to dress for her body type.  Those painted on dresses do her no favors.  And the work she had done to her face? Good lord.  Get that shit pulled as tight as you want, but your turkey neck is going to give up your age. 

• Love 14

I think she is counting on it. She has started a "new charity", https://realskepticsoftv.wordpress.com/2016/06/21/cancers-poor-taste/ and, IMO, she is doing it to get more insurance customers $$$$$$$. Gross, she is just GROSS!

Is this Michael's venture?  On his Facebook page it says Co-founder at KillAllCancer.  

They have a lot of nerve doing this after her and Brooks faking cancer all last year.  Maybe she thinks this will redeem her?  Is this the world we live in?

200_s.gif

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

Yea, it is mortgaged to the hilt, so there's no way she can afford to sell it at the market price.  After paying the commission and other fees, she wouldn't have much left to use as a down payment on another house

But she was somehow able to buy Brianna a house to get them to come back close to her!  She's such a schemer.  She probably has money she moves around so Don didn't know about it.

• Love 4
44 minutes ago, FamilyVan said:

But she did buy another house, she claims that she bought a house for Brianna.

I am with you though, I am confused as to how she is able to do this. I am sure most of the readers here remember the pyramid/equity scheme that Vicki and Donn played to buy their Coto home, the other house on Alta Mira, and the Mission Viejo flip.  They lost money on every single one of these and were not able to unload these properties for years.  Donn had to live with her during their divorce because she could not make her payments on the Coto house (Shire).  She must have cash reserves somewhere and paid cash for Brianna's house, I cannot imagine she could get approved for a line of credit, and she cannot have much equity in the home she lives in now since she was barely hanging on to it by a thread as of a year ago.

Just replied before I saw this saying pretty much the same thing.  She's a calculating bitch.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Gaily said:

Beaker73, I hope your husband is doing okay. Thinking of you and wishing you both all the best.

Thanks! He just ended his fourth round of chemo and has a CT scan coming up.  Hopefully, he'll be cleared for surgery in the next few weeks.  He's doing remarkably well considering.  

• Love 16
7 minutes ago, OFDgal said:

But she was somehow able to buy Brianna a house to get them to come back close to her!  She's such a schemer.  She probably has money she moves around so Don didn't know about it.

Well, typically Vicki, she bought the house and Brianna will be making the mortgage payments.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, FamilyVan said:

Is this Michael's venture?  On his Facebook page it says Co-founder at KillAllCancer.  

They have a lot of nerve doing this after her and Brooks faking cancer all last year.  Maybe she thinks this will redeem her?  Is this the world we live in?

200_s.gif

It is a joint venture, Vicki also lists herself as a "co-founder". It is a scheme under the guise of a charity to sell insurance policies. They don't even list how much one of the rubber bracelets costs but it does ask what type of insurance you need/want.

1 minute ago, Ubiquitous said:

Well, typically Vicki, she bought the house and Brianna will be making the mortgage payments.

You know she just loaned her the down payment and expects it back as soon as they sell the house in Oklahoma.

• Love 7
On June 21, 2016 at 2:33 PM, slitz said:

The new girl...please, for the love of all that is good and holy in this world, back away from the botox and fillers.  Holy crap, her TH look is frightening.  That nude lipstick does her no favors whatsoever.  There's a puppet character from Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood that she reminded me of but I can't think of the name.

Yes!  Lady Elaine Fairchilde.   The Real Housewives of Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood.

images.jpeg

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, Gaily said:

Beaker73, I hope your husband is doing okay. Thinking of you and wishing you both all the best.

Ditto from me too.    Perfect example of how despicable it is what Vicki did.  It is NOT a forgivable act. You toss people like Vicki in the trash and slam the lid down.

13 minutes ago, Ubiquitous said:

Which really means she put a tiny down payment down on a really bad mortgage deal. I remember reading her divorce papers, she is not rich. She lies. 

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

You know she just loaned her the down payment and expects it back as soon as they sell the house in Oklahoma.

oops, posted the same thing.  great minds right? :)

• Love 2

It is a joint venture, Vicki also lists herself as a "co-founder". It is a scheme under the guise of a charity to sell insurance policies. They don't even list how much one of the rubber bracelets costs but it does ask what type of insurance you need/want.

OMG I see - so to "order" one of the bracelets you must agree to receive emails about insurance products, where the prompt only shows insurance options and there is no option for "None of the above".  This does not seem in line with FTC guidelines, not sure if supposed non-profits have to adhere to that. 

Everything Vicki does is a scam, her vodka was also a scam.  She is so shady.  

• Love 9
19 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I can see Vicki just going ahead and putting the down payment on the house. THEN telling Brianna and Ryan, "Hey, I got you a house! Move back!" Hopefully she got one with payments they can afford, because you know she ain't paying them. But she's always so manipulative. And, like others, I wonder how Ryan can move back? Is his stint with the military over?

• Love 3
(edited)

This one has been posted before - a bit wordy, but interesting if you want to understand how Vicki tried to play ATM with her properties and failed.

If you scroll way down to the heading "The Real Land Barons of Orange County" this is where they break down how the Gunvalsons borrowed equity out of their main home to use as DP for other homes and continued to loose equity in a downward spiral.

http://www.irvinehousingblog.com/2011/07/20/oc-housewife-ponzi-borrower-failed-land-baron/

Edited by FamilyVan
  • Love 5
30 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I can see Vicki just going ahead and putting the down payment on the house. THEN telling Brianna and Ryan, "Hey, I got you a house! Move back!" Hopefully she got one with payments they can afford, because you know she ain't paying them. But she's always so manipulative. And, like others, I wonder how Ryan can move back? Is his stint with the military over?

I believe he is no longer a Marine due to his bad back. I hope he stays far away from this latest charity scam his mother in-law/brother in-law are trying to pull!

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, OFDgal said:

Yea, it is mortgaged to the hilt, so there's no way she can afford to sell it at the market price.  After paying the commission and other fees, she wouldn't have much left to use as a down payment on another house

Vicks is the original OG of the OC, she must be pulling down at least $500,000 per season. If NeNe Leakes can get 1 million per season this seems reasonable to me. Not exactly chump change. She also still has her Insurance biz, too, right? I know that kitchen remodel is no joke. At least $50,000. No, I don't think she's hurting in the $$$ dept. at all. 

1 hour ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Back to the show...I did learn that money can't buy everything.  Kelly's hair is awful, just awful.  It's thin and stringy and broken off, and you just know she's thrown plenty of dollars at it, and it still looks like that. 

Where has Miss Kelly been? Hasn't she heard of hair extensions? They ALL wear them. She has the biggest, plumpest blown up lips I have ever seen besides Lisa Rinna. Holy god, it's all I see when I look at her. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 2
(edited)

Even without the cancer debacle, Vicki is a vile, rotting piece of garbage.  Also: pathetic.  And, lest we forget: a narcissist to the Nth degree.  Even when she is trying - in her warped Vicki way - to be nice to somebody else, she always manages to make it about herself.  Example: on the boat talking to Heather in that last scene: (badly paraphrased) "Oh that speech about Terry was so moving... you guys have such a great relationship ... that's what *I* want."  It is always MEMEMEMEMEM with that one.

The new girl seems annoying AF. And now reading about that racist BS she spewed? Disgusting. 

So it's perfect that she and the Vickster are BFFs. 

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 16