Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E13: Toast Can't Never Be Bread Again

• Start Topic

Ugh. I just don't know. These final two episodes this season nearly killed me. The new guards are truly awful. I miss our old guards, like the two that were a couple, etc. 

Alex and Piper continue to be the worst and also totally not in on the real moments in the show (the lake last year, and the riot, although I guess they could have been there in the background and the camera didn't focus on them)

So Caputo has officially turned to the dark side. He can't think his statement would go over well with the inmates, can he? 

• Love 12

Bastard Caputo. I used to think you were just weak, but now I really don't like you at all. I'm fine with Daya popping a cap in his that creep-shit guard's ass, for everything, but especially the baby mouse. It will mess her up completely, though, so bad idea. Well, cliff-hanger city. I will miss Poussey, but am glad ol' crazy eyes is back.

• Love 2

what is this show. i understand it sent a political message. but why p. WHY. I'M STILL CRYING. WHY BY ACCIDENT. BY FUCKING ACCIDENT. i'm just so in shock like. poussey was the purest thing in the show

• Love 19

Honestly, she was the only one out of her group that I liked. Her being gone is just devastating. I should have known when her and Brook got to be happy for most of the season. 

Bayley being so devastated too was hurtful as well. Dixon was not helping and I wanted him to shut up when he was driving Bayley home. The only likeable guards now are Bayley (even though he killed Poussey) and McCullough...even though she jumped on the shitty shiv story as well. 

Caputo...goddamnit, Caputo. Yeah, no excuses for you anymore. You had the choice to go one way, and you decide to go the other. I know he's been trying to mean well, but he's not cut out for this job. The best thing for him is to resign, give his position to someone else and go back to working in the prison. Except now the inmates are going to hate him.

Daya....whoa, Daya. I wonder if she'll be sent to max. 

• Love 7

It really should have been expected, based on how for most of this season, Poussey  was happy. And then when she and Brook made up for that brief second. But still.. 

The only Piper scene worth mentioning is when she saw Bayley and he wanted to tell her friends he was sorry and she told him, they couldn't see him or hear him now because they are grieving. And I do feel for Bayley, it was an accident, but that is such a dead on thing to say. He is sorry, I truly believe that, he is probably destroyed, it's an awful accidental thing that he can never take back, but Poussey's friends aren't ready to hear him now. If they ever will hear him. It's probably the only scene where I liked Piper in this episode. 

And I still am so confused by what Cupto thinks is going to happen after his statement. The inmates are not going to be compliant with this. They would have heard about this news thing-I know all the tvs were shut off, but I feel like it would have gotten back to them- and he disrespected all of the inmates. Saying they would all be lying if they said anything other than what he did and also not saying Poussey's name. I just..don't understand how he thinks this would go down. 

Daya with the gun is pretty great, actually. I feel like though even if she doesn't shoot the stupid guard-which, she should but whatever- she's still probably going to get into trouble for.. pointing a gun at said guards, right? Also, is there going to be some issues with the gun itself, considering it was a unauthorized type gun? Its the one the guard brought in on his own  for his protection because 'the girls have gone wild'(TM Mean Girls). I don't know but I feel like that might come up next season and bring issues for Daya. 

I kind of miss Bennet. 

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, Mya Stone said:

I just...that last look, the smile, the chuckle. Way to tear my heart out and stomp on it, show. I understand that's how they want us to remember Poussey, but I'll be damned if I'm not in tears just thinking about it. 

Me too.  

• Love 5
7 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Ugh. I just don't know. These final two episodes this season nearly killed me. The new guards are truly awful. I miss our old guards, like the two that were a couple, etc. 

Alex and Piper continue to be the worst and also totally not in on the real moments in the show (the lake last year, and the riot, although I guess they could have been there in the background and the camera didn't focus on them)

So Caputo has officially turned to the dark side. He can't think his statement would go over well with the inmates, can he? 

I think Caputo thought he was saving Bayley.  They were pretty much going to hang him out to dry, and at the end of it all, he would probably end up doing prison time.  I don't see why Pisscatella couldn't be the scape goat, because it was pretty much all his fault for being a giant dick, not training anyone, and ratcheting up all the tension.  You know that guy has a terrible history, and it should be easy to pin it on him.  I think the inmates would have happily taken Piscatella as the scape goat instead of Bayley.  

I also thought Caputo had sent all the inmates back to their cells on the advice of dude in the burgundy suit.  Tastee just happened  to ignore the order and ducked under the desk so as to not be noticed.

• Love 13
(edited)
5 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

It really should have been expected, based on how for most of this season, Poussey  was happy. And then when she and Brook made up for that brief second. But still.. 

The only Piper scene worth mentioning is when she saw Bayley and he wanted to tell her friends he was sorry and she told him, they couldn't see him or hear him now because they are grieving. And I do feel for Bayley, it was an accident, but that is such a dead on thing to say. He is sorry, I truly believe that, he is probably destroyed, it's an awful accidental thing that he can never take back, but Poussey's friends aren't ready to hear him now. If they ever will hear him. It's probably the only scene where I liked Piper in this episode. 

And I still am so confused by what Cupto thinks is going to happen after his statement. The inmates are not going to be compliant with this. They would have heard about this news thing-I know all the tvs were shut off, but I feel like it would have gotten back to them- and he disrespected all of the inmates. Saying they would all be lying if they said anything other than what he did and also not saying Poussey's name. I just..don't understand how he thinks this would go down. 

Daya with the gun is pretty great, actually. I feel like though even if she doesn't shoot the stupid guard-which, she should but whatever- she's still probably going to get into trouble for.. pointing a gun at said guards, right? Also, is there going to be some issues with the gun itself, considering it was a unauthorized type gun? Its the one the guard brought in on his own  for his protection because 'the girls have gone wild'(TM Mean Girls). I don't know but I feel like that might come up next season and bring issues for Daya. 

I kind of miss Bennet. 

I think if Daya gets out of this, its because they hush up the riot as best they can, because now you have a guard (a weird ass guard, and you know this isn't the first time he has made someone eat a baby mouse) who brought a gun onto campus.  The minute the media does a thorough background check on any of these new guards its going to be an ugly ass mess for all involved, including Caputo.  The FBI was already saying stuff about how he didn't do any through background checks into who he was hiring.

Oh shit!  Is the FBI still there investigating?  Awww damn.....I guess Martiza is going to get to be on TV after all, because you can't sweep anything under the rug if the FBI is still there.

I like Caputo....I hate the fact that he is so lilly livered and pussy whipped that he is basically willing to sell his soul.  

The best thing about this riot is that his bitch of a girlfriend is right in the middle of it.  I guess she picked the wrong day to make her first prison visit.  Whomp, whomp.

Edited by RCharter
I had to add the whomp whomp.
  • Love 10
(edited)

Watching the finale, I actually entertained the possibility that someone might figure out how to make the time machine work and travel back in time to save Poussey. I'm glad that didn't happen, but I was feeling pretty desperate in that final hour!

Edited by meeplemadness
Typo
  • Love 18

This season has just left me gutted. I was starting to kind of be okay by the end and excited about the riot. I was gonna be okay if they went out focusing on Daya having to make the decision. Then, they had to have the shot of Poussey, planning her life in Amsterdam, then smiling into the camera and I was just done all over again. I sobbed on and off through the whole final episode. 

I'm anxious to see where next season goes. I'm happy that crap girlfriend from MCC is gonna be right in the middle of the riot, and I'm glad Judy didn't get out in time. I can't stand her phony ass, and hope she ends up getting some more time on her sentence when all is said and done. Also, I hope Daya shoots the guard. Yes, the other CO could say it was her, but if all the other inmates pass around the gun and no one says who did it, could she really be charged for it if only one person is saying who did it, especially after an inmate was just murdered?

I can't believe how this season ended up and it's going to take me a long time to get over it. I love this show, but they have just gutted me. And whenever I get over it, when it comes time for the new season next year I'll remember she's gone and be upset all over again. Why, OITNB writers? Why?!

• Love 19

I know, right? It killed me. But it was.. a big move for this show. The character was likeable, very likeable, not too Mary-Sue, just a good person who was more of a background character and then slowly eased into the forefront. The only other character death like this was Vee's and I don't think she was as likeable Poussey. At least not by me or the people IRL I know who watch this show. This was a very big and unexpected move. While it kills me to see this character gone, a part of me is kind of impressed that they did it, actually. That said, I'm still sad about it. 

This season was probably my favorite, so far. At first, the first episodes were kind of..a slow burn. Although, I did like the Lolly character, I love when she 'killed' Aiden and then not a second later turned to Alex and was like, "So, there's a big hole in the fence and everyone's going down to the lake.." like she didn't just strangle a guy. And I liked that storyline until it all went to crap with her telling Piper and Nicky what happened and then everything with Lolly. Although, damn, if Lolly's final scene with Healey didn't break me either. 

I am curious to see if the show ever plans on letting Piper be released and keeping the show without her? The show can go on without her and the timeline is very confusing so I don't know where 15 months ends, but this show has proven time and time again, Piper's storylines and the character aren't the meat of the story, nothing is really interesting about them. And as much as I wanted to feel for her, being branded, I.. just can't? She sort of was making her bed until that point. 

I'm really curious to see what happens next season. I can't believe I have to wait a whole year. Also, while I understand what Caputo was doing- saving Bayley- I feel like he handled it wrong. He didn't even see the inmates name and that to me causes an alarm, for example, Aidea can't be the only watching the news and getting freaked out. I know, Caputo did call Poussey's family but still.. it's just.. to me, I think it would still be alarming. 

• Love 5

It was pretty mean for them to leave us on such a big cliffhanger that won't be resolved for an entire year.

Caputo was trying to keep MCC from throwing Bayley under the bus, knowing that Bayley didn't kill Poussey on purpose, but he handled it all wrong.  Surely the inmates would have heard about it eventually, even if Taystee hadn't been hiding and listening in.  I kept hoping he would just call the police instead of waiting for MCC to call all the shots.  Surely that can't be legal, right?  I hope it can't.  For a death to occur in a prison and the private company running it can basically do what they like and call the police eventually when they feel like it?

Daya would probably get in trouble but I hope the guard who brought in that gun would get in trouble too.  Daya is never going to get her kid back.

I was glad the cooking woman didn't get out before the riot started.

• Love 4

There were so many scenes in this episode that made me uncomfortable. Poussey's death was devastating but also Pensatucky trying to comfort her rapist, Maritza and her friend practicing their sad faces only to start laughing, the awful corporate types and Caputo failing to step up and do the right thing. It was a hard episode to watch. 

• Love 24
38 minutes ago, snowwhyte said:

There were so many scenes in this episode that made me uncomfortable. Poussey's death was devastating but also Pensatucky trying to comfort her rapist, Maritza and her friend practicing their sad faces only to start laughing, the awful corporate types and Caputo failing to step up and do the right thing. It was a hard episode to watch. 

I hate whatever the hell they are doing with Pennsatucky and Coates. I don't.. understand? Look, I sort of understand how Coates is now just  realizing what he did and he feels remorseful but like Boo, I'm just like, "he feels bad, poor him!", Penn owes nothing to him, she doesn't need to make him feel better. 

As for the Flacka and Martiza scene, that made me angry. I get that the show needs to maintain a sense of humor, but they are doing a hell of a job making me hate these two characters the more they are on my screen. 

• Love 7
(edited)

IF MCC tried to throw Bayley under the bus, they would throw themselves under it. It would have been MCC's responsibility to do a proper background check and provide adequate training. I mean, one of their asshole guards made a girl swallow a mouse!

I never noticed how VERY tall Piper is til this season.

Did we ever find out why Poussey was in prison? Some bullshit drug charge I'm sure. I hate the waste of human life that prison for non-violent offenders is.

Edited by debi49
  • Love 6
11 minutes ago, debi49 said:

Did we ever find out why Poussey was in prison? Some bullshit drug charge I'm sure. I hate the waste of human life that prison for non-violent offenders is.

Trespassing and possession - but only a small amount of drugs.  Honestly, it sounded like something that should have just gotten her probation if she'd had a half-decent lawyer. 

• Love 20
(edited)

That took a depressing turn towards the end. Poor Poussey, she was a good person. Her and Baxter were the two that didn't really deserved that to happen to them. It's a good think Piper stooped him from going to apologize, they would've killed him. I get why they choose Poussey to be the one to die. No one really had a problem with her because she was nice to everyone. Her death affected all of them.

I did like that they were brought together before that because of the cruel treatment from the guards. And how some of them learned to respect some individuals a little more. Like Watson respecting Blanca for standing on the table for 3 days straight. She's the only that she didn't mouth off to for paying her respects. 

I get that Caputo was trying to protect Baxter but he threw all the inmates under the bus to do it. How does he think they are going to treat him now? He helped instigate the riot. And that guard deserves to be shot, he wasn't just cruel he was depraved. 

42 minutes ago, debi49 said:

I never noticed how VERY tall Piper is til this season.

The meth heads did call them the tall lezzy's. 

I felt bad for Soso, she doesn't have a prison family. She's grieving on her own. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 4
19 minutes ago, Ceindreadh said:

Trespassing and possession - but only a small amount of drugs.  Honestly, it sounded like something that should have just gotten her probation if she'd had a half-decent lawyer. 

No kidding! We have no reason to believe this wasn't her first offense , and she came from a middle-class family with a high ranking military father, so probably could have afforded a decent lawyer........guess we will never know the whole story now. :(

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

I felt bad for Soso, she doesn't have a prison family. She's on grieving on her own. 

That moment with Norma holding Soso and singing really really got to me. 

I'm still trying to process it all, but i'm not pleased, tbh.

• Love 18

Fuck!   I waited a whole year!  And now I have to wait another whole year!  

Ayway, not getting the Caputo hate.  It was an accident.  Bailey did not mean to kill her and the other guards were just as, if not more, culpable for egging everyone on.  Caputo broke with the party line.  He said he didn't believe the guards or the inmates, and he is right not to.  The guards are lying and the inmates' "recollections" are colored by grief and rage.  It is unfortunate he didn't come to his senses sooner, but I think he was caught up in everything, like Bailey was, and it spiraled out of control.

Anyway, I am rethinking this "yearly binge watch" mentality that Netflix is cultivating.  I enjoy a good story, but I like a long story.  Yeah, I could have just watched an hour a week, but how can you do that when everyone is talking about the show.  There is no way I could be unspoiled, it's everywhere and the surprises are part of the enjoyment.  

I was late to the binge watching party.  I binged on the first to seasons and then only had to wait three days for three to drop.  I didn't realize how long I would have to wait for four, and I don't know if I would have started if I knew how long the waits were going to be between "seasons".  I seriously wonder how long before folks get tired and "Neflix and chill" goes the way of the VCR.  

• Love 9

I have a question about Poussey.  When she was talking with the Faux Monk about why she didn't go to West Point, she said she pulled a gun on someone she shouldn't have after she went nuts over a girl.  At first I thought she meant the German General who was the dad of her girlfriend.  But then I remembered her dad stopped her before she could pull the gun.  So was it just a continuity thing or do we think something like this happened again? 

The other thing that made me sad about the episode is that the New York City that Poussey experienced, the weird and wonderful one, is almost all gone. 

• Love 6
(edited)

That brief scene with Norma singing to Soso was my favorite scene in the episode --  but I have to admit that it's mainly because I love that song "You Are the Light" and I even know Marvin Etzioni, the guy who wrote it (we're not BFF's or anything, but I was in touch with him semi-regularly for awhile several years ago, crashed at his house once, and he even played a benefit concert I put together in 2010. We're still Facebook friends, and he also played in a band ages ago with the boyfriend of a good friend of mine). Fun fact: Marvin also co-wrote the song "Can't Cry Hard Enough", which played at the end of that Beverly Hills, 902010 episode where Dylan hugged his childhood self.

Anyhow, Norma singing "You Are the Light" was about the last thing I expected in an OITNB episode (who knew she was a Lone Justice fan?) but it's definitely a fitting song ("you are the light in my dark world... you are the fire that will always burn...") RIP, Poussey.

Speaking of Poussey, I thought her flashback scene at that rave (?) went on for a bit too long; however, I did enjoy the "New York" aspect of her flashbacks, especially the subway scene.

So Healy checked himself into a psych hospital? Huh. When they first showed him approaching the hospital (which might have actually been in Episode 12), I thought he was maybe going to visit his mother (which wouldn't have made sense in retrospect since he doesn't know what happened to her). Anyway, with everything else happening I forgot about Healy until they showed him in the hospital knitting (?) and watching Caputo's press conference. Good for him for getting help.

What else... I agree the guy who plays Bailey is a good actor, and felt bad for his character.

I liked Blair Brown's portrayal of Judy, but was starting to get tired of Judy King before the end of the season, so I didn't much care about her one way or the other in this episode.

I've been tired of Crazy Eyes since Season 1. 

Piper and Alex, just... no.

I'm... not sure what to make of Caputo or the final scene, but I guess I'll find out with everyone else what happens in a year! Unlike last year (I really hated Season 3), it will be a bit harder to wait that long but what can we do?

Ultimately, despite some flaws, I think this was probably the show's strongest season.

Edited by kickedinthehead
  • Love 4

Gutted.  I just adore the character of Poussey and Samira Wiley's performance in the role.

This little thing is making me crazy.  At the club Poussey went to with the drag queens, when the word "share" came up on the screens and she gave a joint to a woman and lit it for her: Was that Linda from Purchasing?  I've gone back and paused it several times and I think it may be.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, kickedinthehead said:

I liked Blair Brown's portrayal of Judy, but was starting to get tired of Judy King before the end of the season, so I didn't much care about her one way or the other in this episode.

Just wait until you see her next season.  I'm betting she becomes either a hostage or a negotiator. 

This was a good season.  I watched it all in a few days but still can't get through the first episode of the second season of Bloodlines.

I hope Poussey's actress gets bigger roles.  The rioting at the end made me think of Oz, Piper getting branded did too.

• Love 2
(edited)

Did Poussey's GENERAL father allow her to serve time to teach her a lesson? There is no way he lets her death go especially if that's the case.. and he'll have serious back up.

Caputo should have thrown Piscatillo under the bus but I guess he knows that hiring Piscatillo, given the skeletons conversation would be thrown back on him. Bayley was inoffensive and could be written off as a mistake. I'm hoping something happened during the conversation between Caputo and General Washington that is going to flip this back onto MCC.

I still don't understand why Caputo let Piscatillo cow him, he should have fired him immediately when he threatened to pull all the officers.

I cried through the last two episodes.

Edited by Megan
  • Love 11

Poussey's death destroyed me. I actually cried for her. I'm still kind wtf about the whole thing.  I spent this whole episode mourning Poussey.  

I'm so sad about her death that I can't even think about the other stories the writers set-up for next season. I just don't really gaf about them right now. So I'm not even thinking about next season  or how long it's going to be before we gey it. I'm just stuck on this season becuase of Poussey's death.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, debi49 said:

IF MCC tried to throw Bayley under the bus, they would throw themselves under it. It would have been MCC's responsibility to do a proper background check and provide adequate training. I mean, one of their asshole guards made a girl swallow a mouse!

I was thinking the same thing. MCC can't trash Bayley without trashing their own hiring and vetting practices. Since Pescatullo claimed they were all "his hires" in a previous episode, they should have thrown him under the bus.

Of course, Caputo should have manned up and sent him packing in the previous episode. WTF, such a weenie!!

MCC is so heinous. Is this what privatized prisons are really like? What idiot in Congress came up with that idea anyway (guessing I know which side of the aisle it came from)?

Very stupid of Caputo not to say the victim's name. I imagine it would be the first question from the press, if this were a press conference, but I didn't see much in the way of press actually there. But now everyone who has a family or friend in Litchfield will be calling them to find out who the victim is -- and the phones are "off." Which would strike me as really suspicious, as would time of death once the medical examiner gets time with the body.

I had no sympathy for Crazy Eyes -- she was hanging on the guard, so Poussey was forced down with the weight of both of them. Yes, he should have shifted off of Poussey, but Crazy Eyes was too busy being crazy to notice the problem she was causing. I didn't care that she was devastated; she was making it all about her.

I enjoyed the Judy storyline, but was disappointed she was running out of there, washing her hands of the situation when she is the ONE person there who could guaranteed make a difference -- and she had a relationship to Poussey. So I'm glad her exit got stopped. I hope the creepy MCC woman that Caputo is stupidly sleeping with gets the hostage treatment.

I agree that the scene of Maritza and whatsherface in the bathroom laughing was really jarring.

I loved Poussey, so it's been a real downer, but it has been compelling TV.

• Love 14

I thought the cliffhanger ending was stupid. There is NO way she is actually going to shoot a guard. She has a daughter and doesn't have the capacity to actually shoot someone point blank. Seeing Poussey again at the end of the show was just so damn heartbreaking. I just kept thinking "why did it have to be her??". 

• Love 3

and she came from a middle-class family with a high ranking military father, so probably could have afforded a decent lawyer........

Didn't the  MCC 'conflict resolution' dicks or whoever they were say she had enough on her to be considered as trafficking? (Backed up almost by her flashback where she said she had enough to sell/smoke before she went to Amsterdam). Which makes sense with her being put into minimum security federal? I had assumed she got picked up that night/morning. Which makes that even worse.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Andromeda said:

I was thinking the same thing. MCC can't trash Bayley without trashing their own hiring and vetting practices. Since Pescatullo claimed they were all "his hires" in a previous episode, they should have thrown him under the bus.

Of course, Caputo should have manned up and sent him packing in the previous episode. WTF, such a weenie!!

MCC is so heinous. Is this what privatized prisons are really like? What idiot in Congress came up with that idea anyway (guessing I know which side of the aisle it came from)?

Very stupid of Caputo not to say the victim's name. I imagine it would be the first question from the press, if this were a press conference, but I didn't see much in the way of press actually there. But now everyone who has a family or friend in Litchfield will be calling them to find out who the victim is -- and the phones are "off." Which would strike me as really suspicious, as would time of death once the medical examiner gets time with the body.

I had no sympathy for Crazy Eyes -- she was hanging on the guard, so Poussey was forced down with the weight of both of them. Yes, he should have shifted off of Poussey, but Crazy Eyes was too busy being crazy to notice the problem she was causing. I didn't care that she was devastated; she was making it all about her.

I enjoyed the Judy storyline, but was disappointed she was running out of there, washing her hands of the situation when she is the ONE person there who could guaranteed make a difference -- and she had a relationship to Poussey. So I'm glad her exit got stopped. I hope the creepy MCC woman that Caputo is stupidly sleeping with gets the hostage treatment.

I agree that the scene of Maritza and whatsherface in the bathroom laughing was really jarring.

I loved Poussey, so it's been a real downer, but it has been compelling TV.

But MCC was perfectly willing to let Bayley be the fall guy.

I think they should have thrown Pescatillo under the bus....BUT, Bayley was a Caputo hire, and Pescatillo came from MCC super duper SWAT unit.

And its clear that he has done shit at the MCC Men's Facility that should have gotten him fired, so MCC was on notice that Pescatillo was a loose canon.  That knowledge opens them up to a lawsuit.

But I still think it would have been better to throw Pescatillo under the bus, because MCC seems like the type of organization that would have no problem destroying files and Pescatillo is a lawsuit waiting to happen.  Not to mention that at some point the media may start doing their own background checks into the guards at MCC, especially with inmates getting out, and with a publicized death.  MCC is better to cut all ties with Pescatilla at this point IMO.

So, I guess Suzanne is doing her time in Litchfield because kidnapping is a federal crime?  But I wonder how Poussay got there, a lot of the time, small time drug dealing isn't a federal crime, so I wonder if her "selling her stash" meant she had more than a little bit of drugs on her

• Love 3

I've seen mixed reviews on this season. I think it was fantastic. My only complaint is that there were too many characters to keep up with, but even that lent itself to the chaotic and dangerous atmosphere of overcrowding. This was the first season that highlighted real issues in a way that felt real, believable, and gritty. 

Im having confusing feelings. I'm disappointed in Taystee, but happy that she was done with the status quo.  I kind of like Doggett and Rapey Guard together, and I know I shouldn't and I feel dirty.  I love that Caputo banged Figg again and took his power back from MCC and Linda. Loved that he "saved" Bayley, but hated that he didn't mention Poussey.

I hope someone grabs the gun from Daya and shoots that sadistic prick guard right in the balls.  But not Daya, because she's not a bad person. And I think blond nazi leader shows glimmers of redeemability  I want to hate her, but I don't think we've scratched her surface yet  

So many feels. I just can't. 

• Love 16

Just an insanely good season. 

RIP Pousey. I'm of the opinion that her ending was a flash back, not her in the afterlife. It was a great, bittersweet ending for her. I'm fine with the cliff hanger, surprised with who picked up the gun and that she suddenly turned gangsta. Or maybe that's who Daya always was, but she was kept in line by her Mom and Gloria. She went to Maria's crew pretty fast.

She's in deep shite. And I guess Maritza is too, since she shoved Humps down to the ground and caused the illegal gun to hit the floor. Alex also, because you know some of those notes will survive after the other inmate kicked over the garbage can.

Caputo is definitely a "one step forward, two steps back" kind of guy. Saving Bayley wasn't a bad idea, but how he did it caused a riot. And not enough was made that the daughter of a General was killed while serving time in a minimum security prison on a petty charge. This is a PR disaster.

• Love 8

Yes, definitely a PR disaster. And the FBI should still be on scene for the chopped up body in the garden murder, because even though Pescatillo did his own investigation, the FBI would most certainly do their own (they're not keen on trusting the local law enforcement people to get it right). But I suppose that would make it too easy for MCC to take a nosedive, and they want to drag it out a bit longer. I so look forward to when they hit bottom and have to pull out of managing the prison.

I thought Pescatillo came from the Super Max, but apparently he's also an MCC darling?

I think the rioters should just mob-attack Pescatillo, rather than shoot him. Beat the thug to death, so it can't be blamed on a single inmate... I guess that's pretty brutal, but Pescatillo is pretty brutal, so he deserves it.

• Love 4

This show just has too many damn characters. As I got theough more episodes this season, the more anxious I was that we were getting to see so little of some of the characters I like. Like Sister Ingalls, Sophia, Lorna, Gloria, We got a little more of Red and Nicky, but not much. It seems Pensatucky was barely in this season. Why in God's name they chose to focus so much on Aleida and her release, I will never understand. She is a horrid woman. And I don't give a fuck about Lolly either. And Crazy Eyes has been front and center every season for some inexplicable reason. 

I really wish shows (especially shows like this, which are binge watched and you have to wait a year for the next season) would offer more closure at the end of each season. I feel that would be much more satisfying to the viewer. Wentworth, a superior show about women in prison IMO, does this beautifully. Each season is basically wrapped up, but there is still a small cliffhanger about what's to come. I really don't want to wait a year to see Piscatelli and that Linda bitch get what's coming to them. I won't really care anymore by then. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Andromeda said:

Yes, definitely a PR disaster. And the FBI should still be on scene for the chopped up body in the garden murder, because even though Pescatillo did his own investigation, the FBI would most certainly do their own (they're not keen on trusting the local law enforcement people to get it right). But I suppose that would make it too easy for MCC to take a nosedive, and they want to drag it out a bit longer. I so look forward to when they hit bottom and have to pull out of managing the prison.

I thought Pescatillo came from the Super Max, but apparently he's also an MCC darling?

I think the rioters should just mob-attack Pescatillo, rather than shoot him. Beat the thug to death, so it can't be blamed on a single inmate... I guess that's pretty brutal, but Pescatillo is pretty brutal, so he deserves it.

Yeah, is Pescatillo even a law enforcement officer?  I'm sure they took one look at him and figured out that he was a power hungry maniac and slowly backed away from him and his "investigation."

I think the SuperMax is an MCC Men's Prison.

Is Pescatillo even on the scene?  I thought Caputo sent him home.  Which stinks because I'd love to see that asshat get whats coming to him.

• Love 1