Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E05: Week 4

• Start Topic

Chad confronts the men after not getting a rose.  But soon the 11 remaining guys jet off to Uruguay with JoJo, where one man has to defend himself against unflattering gossip.  Also, JoJo becomes the target of ugly tabloid reports that she's on the show for the wrong reasons and must argue her case to the men.

(edited)

If this episode is an indicator of what the rest of this Chad-less season will be like, I might have to be out and come back for when she picks Jordan in the finale. Can the producers lay off the gas please? They think stubby little Alex with the non-shoulders can be the new supervillain? Is Derek supposed to stir my sympathies? Bitch please. 

Ugh, that fake magazine article storyline was SO BAD. And Robby proved Chad's point to a tee. You're in love, bro? Really? With a girl you have spent 15 min with? Kill that noise. Keep telling yourself that love is a two-way street so loving Jojo means that she must love you back. Can't wait to see how that works out for you. At least rat-faced Evan is off my screen, hopefully for good.

Edited by PetuniaP
  • Love 22

I KNEW Chad was going to come back for his second suitcase of protein powder and assorted health supplements! Well, I'm not really sure why he was there. I was too distracted by that terrible arts and crafts project with the turquoise painted dead leaves on the sh!t brown canvases; they painted the leaves WHILE on the canvases because the turquoise paint is smudged all over the place. It seems like the producers got a completely empty house, and all of their scarves and partitions and candles got held up in airport security, so they got Ryan Putz to whip something up to jazz up the place.

Oh, boy, the party poppers and champagne were only part 1 of the celebration. Now we got a cupcake cake and the "bottle service" sparklers. No wonder why they had no budget left for artwork.

Oh, no, bad poetry followed by a breach in gentleman's code. I feel a mean poem coming on rhyming "Alex" with "malice," "callous," and maybe "phallus." 

Well, goodbye guy who I THOUGHT was Derek who is apparently James. And, Damn, Daniel, your shaving/lightning analogy was not as good as your Hitler/Mussolini/Trump/Bush analogy, but maybe you can go catch your bro Chad in the airport and pick up some ladies in the Sky Lounge.

Wait, now everyone thinks Jordan is Here for the Wrong Reasons...or JoJo is Orchestrating Dates for the Wrong Reasons?

Vinny has a traveling barbershop complete with In Touch Weekly that he apparently "brought" and didn't notice the article about JoJo. Come on, show, you don't need to make the guys lie and make a point of saying it's Vinny's "barbershop" magazine. Now suddenly The Chad isn't as bad as the Ex Chad. 

Oh, twist! JoJo has her own gossip on Jordan's ex! But both JoJo and Jordan are both laying out how bad they are in relationships, but somehow neither is thinking red flag?

Moral of the story, JoJo, if someone named Chad asks you out, keep on truckin'!

Robby and Jordan on their spa date. Ha!

Luke is sporting dress pants with a ripped knee. Is this a new fashion statement or a wardrobe malfunction? Oh, he also has a stretched out tshirt under his suit jacket, so I'm going with fashion statement malfunction.

Derek is Alex's new Chad?! What the heck! Derek barely says 2 words ever. Obviously YOU'RE the insecure one, Alex! Or is it a Napoleon Complex?

JoJo, don't pet the feral dog. And now you're jumping off a cliff?! And here you go being pounded into the sharp rocks from the rough waves! And all this after eating questionable street food. Come on, JoJo, are you TRYING to kill yourself on this date?! Is Robby REALLY an "Olympic swimmer," as he was in the Olympics?! Wouldn't that be a more impressive athletic accomplishment than sitting on an NFL bench for a season?! Oh, Robby's job is "former competitive swimmer"--first time I've noticed that. Half these guys should just have the label "currently unemployed." Ah, and then he admits to quitting his job, lol, but sad story about your friend. And an "I love you" THIS early on! Whoa! Um, no, Robby, just because you love someone it doesn't mean that they automatically love you back as an undeniable force of nature. Guess this guy has never had an unrequited crush nor been dumped.

Oh, shut up, Alex and Chase, YOU guys confronted Derek about needing reassurance earlier but now you're clutching your pearls over him confronting you when YOU'RE worried about not getting a rose?! This is stupid. Alex, you're lucky JoJo isn't having a cocktail party if you're planning on calling Wrong Reasons for the second date in a row. One Wrong Reasons, MAYBE she'll believe you. Two Wrong Reasons, and you're obviously the one with the issue.

Goodbye, Evan, Grant, and Vinny. You all made it much further than you "should have," so be proud. Well, maybe "pride" doesn't really belong as a descriptor for appearing on this franchise, but you beat the odds.

These previews!! 

• Love 18
(edited)

Where to start?    Jordan's emotionless face while Jojo was talking about her worries and feelings says it all to me.   And Jojo asking nervously, "Are you mad at me?"   I just don't think she has enough leverage with him.  I see him with a B level actress or model. 

Men don't look any better crying than women do.   (I'm talking to you, Evan.)

Edited by hyacinth
  • Love 7
(edited)

Gees Alex is a bully and "mean girl". I'm starting to feel for Chad, he was railroaded. Not that I give him a pass for how he responded, because it wasn't good. But Alex is a complete toolbag. Ladies beware.

my response to Luke is strange. Sometimes it's, man he's hot. Other times it's, the complete opposite. But he does seem like a smoking hot kisser. Lol

dont go Grant! More eye candy gone. But yay Evan is gone. He needs to rid himself of that creepy hair. 

Edited by TiredMe
  • Love 5

Jordan is trying to stay or as long as he can of course to get more publicity for this TV career. Why would he care about red flags? neither one of them is there to actually find a partner, they are both trying to get famous so they have to pretend.

• Love 9

As much as I liked JoJo well enough, I have just not been able to get into the show so far and most of the season has been background noise for me. So I really only know Jordan because well, duh and Wells because I thought he was uber adorable on the fireman date way back in like Episode 2 or something. Therefore my only contribution to this thread is who in the hell is that 2 feet tall guy in a WAY too tight suit and why is he still there?

• Love 8

I just noticed how cute James F is and bam he's gone. I'm surprised JoJo didn't keep him around after he wrote the poem. I don't get why Alex is mad at Derek or why Derek is mad at the other guys. So what if she wants to reassure someone? There is only one group rose. I still think Jordan, Chase and Derek are cute. Robby looks too manscaped or something  don't know. Luke is too wrinkly and talks to slow, Alex us too short and insecure and James T is just not attractive to me. There are my shallow reasons for the night.

The dates all seemed short to me and it was weird seeing plates of food completely untouched.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, PetuniaP said:

If thsi episode is an indicator of what the rest of this Chad-less season will be like, I might have to be out and come back for when she picks Jordan in the finale. Can the producers lay off the gas please? They think stubby little Alex with the non-shoulders can be the new supervillain? Is Derek supposed to stir my sympathies? Bitch please. 

Ugh, that fake magazine article storyline was SO BAD. And Robby proved Chad's point to a tee. You are in love, bro? Really? With a girl you have spent 15 min with? Kill that noise. Keep telling yourself that love is a two-way street so loving Jojo means that she must love you back. Can't wait to see how that works out for you. At least rat-faced Evan is off my screen, hopefully for good.

Tonight's episode was background noise while I worked on other things, but man. I echo your thoughts. In the bits I paid attention to, the guys sounded like a bunch of whiny teenagers. I saw Evan's exit and thought,"That's what you get..." I don't feel sorry for him or his brethren.  

I also couldn't help but think of UnREAL and how it's opened a lot of viewers' eyes to the machinations behind this series. Between tonight's show and an interview I read recently featuring Olivia (last season's villain), I am convinced that there's something amiss in the way Chad was portrayed. Did he have anger issues? Undeniably--he said some ridiculous, unacceptable things. However, again...Maybe UnREAL has made me a little too wise? Right now I trust TPTB about as far as I can throw them. I think it's all downhill from here.

• Love 3

I don't see anything appealing about Jordan. He looks rat faced to me and I have a hard time telling him apart from Chase.

Alex needs to STFU. I can't take him seriously when everyone else including Jojo towers over him.

I still like Wells but too bad he's going home next week because Jojo likes meathead jocks with no personalities.

• Love 9

Say what you will about Chad, but he made for brilliant television. (He even got a special promo for Bachelor in Paradise!) The rest of these guys just don't have that much charisma. By comparison, I felt the guys in Kaitlyn's season were nice _and_ fun to watch (e.g. the 2 Bens, Tanner, Jared) and even the front runner (Shawn) wasn't as overly confident as Jordan. 

I would be so happy if the sobfest of a Final Rose Ceremony that was previewed was about Jordan. He's so smug. 

That Derek thing was pointless. 

Robby annoys me. Something about his perfect hair and slow, creaking voice. I don't find him sexy and flirty at all. 

Luke's nip slip was funny maybe the first nanosecond and then got awkward. 

I can't believe the guys were that upset by the possibility that JoJo could be doing this just for exposure. They do realize they're on a reality tv show, right?

• Love 15
(edited)
1 hour ago, thejuicer said:

I don't see anything appealing about Jordan. He looks rat faced to me and I have a hard time telling him apart from Chase.

Side by side, they don't look that much alike.  But when one is onscreen without the other, I need captions! 

The producers obviously had a hand in allowing Chad back to the house.   If they wanted him gone, they would have picked him up and driven him AWAY.     And the producers set up Vinny's Barbershop, complete with tabloid mags with JOJO ON THE COVER!  Oh no!  How did that happen??? 

And Joo said she "met a girl who used to  date Jordan".  Wait?   aren't they telling us that she met Jordan for the first time ON THE SHOW?   So when and where did she meet this ex-girlfriend of a guy she didn't know existed?  Producers, stop messing with us!  

Edited by backformore
  • Love 7

Is Robby straight? I see zero chemistry, and I am sure he is charming in person, but his personality really isn't coming across for me. The love thing seemed really left field, or like he was protesting too much...

Luke is Dylan McKay reincarnated.

Jojo really does like pleasing the guys. I can see that being an issue of hers. don't think she is into Alex but she keeps kissing him, and I question what is really there with Robby. 

Jordan is annoying. I didn't buy the no cheating thing either.

Derek won some points from me tonight. I really liked how he responded to Alex when Alex was like "she said she wanted to give you reassurance? Didn't that bother you?" "No."

Still like wells best.

• Love 16

Jo supposedly knew Jordan was going to be on the show, as the tabloids published the fact 13 days before filming even started.  She knew who he was, his name & what he looked like.  But presumably never MET him in person.  Some of us suspect she talked with him on the phone, texted, etc, but nobody will ever admit it. 

Her meeting the ex girlfriend is not just suspect, it verges on an outright lie for most of us.  How & where would they possibly have met?   But the ex is the only one that can refute the story, and she hasn't....Yet.    No way Jo is going to cop to an outright lie.    

• Love 7

When Alex turned out to be a bully, I felt like Charlton Heston at the end of those 70s Sci-fi movies, "You were right, Chad. Dammit all to hell, you were right all along."

I like Wells, but if this were a Dickens novel, he'd die next episode.

I have no doubt Daniel's a fool, but his exit interview had so many audio cuts it was like a parody of reality show editing.

• Love 13

Okay, I watched this in HD, but still couldn't seem to locate any actual tears coming out of Jojo's eyes. Usually when I cry, my eyes water and then this liquid stuff falls out of them before my nose even gets runny enough to keep sniffling. She couldn't even stick some onions near her eyes to make it look more realistic?

• Love 15
(edited)

Alex is a little twat.  He should lose weight and become a jockey; he has no future with women unless he becomes famous for his height. Use your aggression it to bring that horse to the finish line, I say. 

The producer manipulation is becoming so obvious that this is now looking like UnReal.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 12

I still think Derek reminds me of Jim on The Office.  I had no idea why Alex hated Derek all of a sudden.  I guess with Chad gone he had to turn on someone.  I really don't like Alex.

I knew once Chad left they would have no reason for Daniel to stick around.  He was just Chad's sounding board.  And I was so happy when Jo Jo sent Evan home.  She never liked him.  He was there to complain about Chad.

Jordan walks like a girl.  I thought it was his incredibly tight jeans that made him walk funny.  But even in shorts he walked like he was adding a wiggle to his walk.  What does Jo Jo see in him?  He is a player and she will be played.

Jo Jo cries for sympathy.  Hopefully the guys saw through it.  But they had to pretend to believe her because they want a rose to stay longer for the exposure.  At least with Chad gone they are starting to realize that Jordan is the threat.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, leighdear said:

Jo supposedly knew Jordan was going to be on the show, as the tabloids published the fact 13 days before filming even started.  She knew who he was, his name & what he looked like.  But presumably never MET him in person.  Some of us suspect she talked with him on the phone, texted, etc, but nobody will ever admit it. 

Her meeting the ex girlfriend is not just suspect, it verges on an outright lie for most of us.  How & where would they possibly have met?   But the ex is the only one that can refute the story, and she hasn't....Yet.    No way Jo is going to cop to an outright lie.    

Yes, this part is so ridiculous.  Im surprised they even included it.  Do the producers think it makes any sense that she just happened to meet Jordan's ex? Where are we supposed to believe she met her?  At the mansion? The lodge in PA? In the airport?  Of course not. The obvious explanation is this "meeting" which I'm sure really means "ex found me on social media to warn me about him" happened before filming so obviously she knew he would be on the show and had talked to him beforehand. The story she is telling, like she happened to run into this chick on the street, is outrageous.

• Love 3

When the episode started, I liked Alex. He is handsome, seemed sincere, came across like a nice guy.  As the episode went on I changed my view of him.  He's an insecure little jerk.  He can't figure out how to move up in the pecking order, so he takes cheap shots at the other guys, trying to get them out of his way.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, betha said:

Is Robby straight? I see zero chemistry, and I am sure he is charming in person, but his personality really isn't coming across for me. The love thing seemed really left field, or like he was protesting too much...

Luke is Dylan McKay reincarnated.

Jojo really does like pleasing the guys. I can see that being an issue of hers. don't think she is into Alex but she keeps kissing him, and I question what is really there with Robby. 

Jordan is annoying. I didn't buy the no cheating thing either.

Derek won some points from me tonight. I really liked how he responded to Alex when Alex was like "she said she wanted to give you reassurance? Didn't that bother you?" "No."

Still like wells best.

I've become obsessed with Robby's hair.  I was shocked when he jumped in the water but no close-ups after they were in the water. He must have a friend in the camera crew or editing room. He's got some kinda something in there.  Someone on here called it something.  I forget what.   He's going bald, but hey he's trying.  Just wish it didn't look like plastic doll hair.

If Robby isn't gay, he should give it a try.    Even when he's shmoozing on JoJo  I'm thinking "but Robbie-- you're on the wrong team here'  Even from here it feels strange.

I liked Vinny.  I know she'd never go for him but I liked the ethnic diversity LOL  Yo Vinny! Vin had a little 'hair club for men' visit himself.     I don't like the 50's pompadour look Jordan and Chase? have.  I forgot anything about Chase.

Alex said something about "this is not like texting"  and I thought it suspect that he brought that up specifically. Yeah, they all know the rumors..maybe even Jordan admitted it.  The first three times they encountered each other they hardly spoke--they just started making out.  Then they'd make up some kind of 'nice to meet you' chat for cover.  

It's a shame they've made things so obvious because overall I think Jo is doing a great job of leading these guys on and talking them up.  If I didn't know better and they left out the Jordan/Jo passion-fest, I'd think several were seriously in the running  Chase, Luke,  Derek etc.

I think it's sweet in some ways that men write stupid 7th grade poems  but unless it rhymes like Cat in the Hat it doesn't do it for me.

• Love 2
(edited)

STOP CONFESSING YOUR LOVE THIS EARLY! This is as bad as the hours creeping up year by year for Black Friday (now on Thursday)! Used to be, you might hear that confession on a Fantasy Suite date. Now the guys/girls are in competition to be the first to say "I've fallen in love with you." It's so tacky -- you hardly know the person, who is in relationships with a dozen other guys.

Other than that, Robbie seems decent. Jordan seems like a bit of a tool. Alex seems like a HUGE tool -- he needs a competitor to fixate on, so now that Chad is left, he's glommed onto Derek. So pathetic, boy. And your suits don't fit.

I don't get the conceit of finding the magazine in the barbershop. If it's a current mag, and I'm sure it was, it was ALL OVER THE AIRPORTS they flew in and out of.

ETA: Derek is hot. And he doesn't have floppy hair.

Edited by Andromeda
Derek is hot
  • Love 7

Wells is one of my favorites but he'll probably get the boot next week. Of the rest I like Luke and Chase the best. I didn't like Luke much at first but he strikes me as someone who would come across better IRL than he comes across on the screen. There's a air of mystery about him that I find intriguing.

Jordan is a player and too cocky. He acted like someone with his hand caught in the cookie jar when JoJo questioned him about his ex. He wasn't believable at all to me and I couldn't believe when she accepted his word so easily.

Alex might have been giving the benefit of the doubt with Chad now we see he's just a insecure little troublemaker who needs to go. I'm quickly getting tired of his whining.

This season is so predictable and manipulative. You can pretty much predict how the rest of the episodes will go. The only thing saving Wells is his sense of humor and I think one of the reason she's kept James T for so long is because he's from Texas like her. Granted Luke's from Texas too but she has way more chemistry with him than she does with James. So I think him and Wells will be the next few to go and from there we can guess pretty well the elimination placement give or take a slot.

I'm with others, I can't wait for BIP too start. 

• Love 5
(edited)

This episode was a snooze fest, and even the international travel porn didn't save it for me. I've heard great things about Punta Del Este, but wasn't impressed by what was shown of it - just some sand dunes, mediocre cliffs, and Soviet-style apartment buildings in the background. Either the show filmed in the less scenic (i.e. cheaper) parts, or the whole place is overhyped. Oh well, bring on Buenos Aires next week.

How convenient that the one time TPTB allow the contestants to look at a magazine during filming, the magazine is a tabloid and contains the JoJo "scandal". I guess that was the whole purpose of Vinny, to stick around this far to set up the barbershop with the magazine. Because I don't think JoJo even knew that he existed.

There is a German compound word that is perfect to describe Alex: Giftzwerg.

Bye Evan, don't let the door hit you on the way out lest you get another nosebleed.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 15

When did "insecure," become synonymous with "ax murderer?"  Derek got a rose for reassurance?   He must be insecure!  We must go and tell the queen!  Then the guys "accidentally find out," that JoJo keeps dropping her main boyfriend at any chance to be on TV. Is  JoJo worried that they all found out she's a huge fame whore?  Noooo.  She's upset that they might think she's insecure.  Because Boyfriend-Chad likes to ruin her fun and tell true things about her and that makes her feel insecure.  All the guys in unison, "No, no JoJo! We don't think you're insecure!"  What happened to the fame whore stuff? 

This all put JoJo in a very dark place. Anything not totally fun puts JoJo in a very dark place.

I hope she picks Jordan because he's there for the same wrong reasons. Jordan walks like a girl, has high-maintenance hair like a girl, and coyly bites his lower lip like a girl.  If he didn't have that pro-football label going for him he would be nothing but a dopey faced girly-guy with close set eyes.

Poor Robby, trying so hard to be in love with JoJo.

Kaitlyn got the Bachelorette-slut label but she was always sincerely hot for whoever she was  doing stuff with. JoJo, on the other hand, having long kisses with guys she clearly isn't into is what's making me queasy.

• Love 17
(edited)

I never thought I'm miss Brian/Chad but man did he ever make this season.   No wonder the first 3.25 episodes were all about him as there was nothing else to work with as just how much can be shown of the Mean guys quartet as there is nothing remotely likable about 2 of them--I'm looking at you Alex and Jordan and well Robby & Chase are just dumbasses.  Robby telling JoJo he loves her after spending what an hour with her is just so stupid that its a new all time delusional moment for the franchise.  

Oh well, at least Wells made it to South America alive and I still have my summer TV boyfriend.   

Edited by CindyBee
  • Love 2

I never knew Alex was a close-talker until this week's rose ceremony when it looked like he chest-bumped Jojo; since she apparently can't move off her spot I was amazed she was able to pin the rose on his jacket - good elbow flexibility Jojo!

• Love 6

She really does have bad taste in men. Jordan's dodgy explanation was really unconvincing, and she leapt on top of him to lap it up. He could have thrown in a lip curl and a sneer and she'd be, oh phew! I knew you weren't a cheater! Chad. The previous ex Chad.

Wells looks really ill. I hope he's not drinking too much. All drawn and peaky under the eyes...

They are aside from Luke, Wells, and Derek, a weird conglomerate of the same guy with different bad hairdos to me (with Alex jumping around yapping like a territorial terrior and his own version of bad hair). It's like one of those style a Ken-doll things, only everyone has a worse beigey-brown hairdo and slightly more facial hair than the previous guy.

Sad to see Even go, and really warmed to Vince in this episode.

I hope her taste improves as the show goes on. Unlikely!

• Love 4

I am not sure if this is a spoiler....it is just the splicing and dicing I saw when I watched the preview again. So I will put it in a spoiler tag.

Spoiler

So much easier to understand that preview now that I have watched it again. 

The "but" before the "what you did to me"  was spliced in there. So was the "It's not right"

Also...."I found it with a man"....was followed with a spliced "that will not be able to love me the way I said I wanted to be loved".

They can't fool us!!

I imagine she said something like "what you did to me" made me feel more special than I ever did.

And also, at one point she probably said something like:

I am afraid I will find a man "that will not be able to love me the way I said I wanted to be loved".

• Love 2

It was hilarious how the minute after Chad leaves a bunch of the guys are ripping on Jordan even though they seemed so buddy buddy. Then they start in on Derek for what reason I couldn't even follow except they were jealous. It was really lame.

The producers stole directly a storyline from UnReal by planting the tabloid magazine to stir up drama. 

Also, Jordan trying to be all sexy pushing her against the wall made me laugh because she clearly wasn't ready for it and almost tripped. It didn't look hot. You are no Arie!

It is confirmed JoJo knew Jordan was coming on the show before and I have seen that they actually talked before but not with any credible sourcing. Isn't Jordan's ex also from Dallas - is that how JoJo "ran into her."

I liked this show much better in the earlier seasons when no one knew each other and there was less manufactured drama.

• Love 13

Evan: I hope Chad didn't come back for his protein powder, or we're all toast. Bwah!

That line was so hilarious, and totally justified Evan's being on the show for me.  One of the funniest things said all season.  A guy like him on the cast really should have been a first-night-drop but he went pretty far, so for that, props to him.

Alex is a tool.  He really is a small dude too, when they pan out to the group it is so noticeable.  His suits are small too.  He reminds me of that short guy from SATC that Samantha dated who bought suits in the boys department.

• Love 4

Honestly, my greatest disappointment with this episode is that the whole time they were in South America, no one made a dumb "Uruguay" / "I'm a WHAT?!" joke. Or someone did and the editors didn't see fit to include it. Either way, shame on everybody involved. 

• Love 1

ANNOUNCER: "Chad's packing up his protein powder and headed to Paradise!"  The best line of the night, and it was from a commercial!  

Oh well, at least we have a new contestant to dislike, in the form of the mini-Marine, Alex.  What a baby (in temperment, not size--well, that,too).  I'll bet he sowed bitterness and resentment in his platoon, too.  He's the kind of guy who stirs up trouble wherever he goes, just by throwing shade and whispering secrets in the background.  Tearing others down makes him feel better about himself.  I can't wait to see his eventual downfall on this show.

• Love 4

I know most people hate Alex but I like him. He may be bitchy but he has such a cute face. Plus he doesn't have a receding hairline with sparse thin hair (Robby)....yeah, I'm superficial but this show doesn't portray the guys in a "real" way and I don't feel like really know them so I am going on looks. Wells is cute but kind of anemic looking (or like someone else said, part of the overworked crew). I do like how he had to smother a smile/laugh when JoJo was all upset about the magazines. Hey, if they can have magazines then can they have books? I'd spend all my down time reading since they aren't allowed tv or internet (right, they aren't allowed tv/internet?)

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, bosawks said:

I picture JoJo's (not going to miss typing that next season) "Dark Place" as more of a fuschia...

Hee!  I expect this fuschia place must have come somewhere during the weeks between coming in second on The Bachelor and finding out she was picked to be the next B'ette.  I picture soul searching nights asking herself, "Could my brothers be wrong and I'm  not  the most beautiful girl in the world?  Maybe only top ten?"  Followed by shopping binges.

I do love her clothes.  Last night's green "here comes my leg,' dress and that blue one in the previews.  Yummy.

• Love 5
(edited)

Where to start?    Jordan's emotionless face while Jojo was talking about her worries and feelings says it all to me.   And Jojo asking nervously, "Are you mad at me?"   I just don't think she has enough leverage with him.  I see him with a B level actress or model. 

I have never seen anyone look more shifty-eyed than Jordan in the moment when he was assuring JoJo that he never cheated on his former girlfriend. Not even my six-year-old niece, when she assured me she hadn't eaten the second chocolate bar I had set aside for her sister.

Yes, that scene is going to be one for JoJo to rewatch later when the Jordan relationship implodes (no spoilers, I'm just assuming that won't end well.) His utterly blank face, messing with his hair while he tried to think of a line that would work, and then starting to talk faster as he found a line of BS that sounded plausible? Yeah, he's going to cheat on her the minute the cameras turn off. 

And her obvious relief that her questions didn't scare him off? She has no "hand" in that relationship, to quote an old Seinfeld episode. 

Alex tries to talk shit about other people, but just ends up describing himself...   "[Derek's] a whiny little bitch," says whiny little bitch. "Who pulls a guy aside to call him out?" says guy who obsessively pulled Chad aside to 'call him out.' Gtfo Alex. And dude is seriously tiny... He was barely taller than JoJo in his thick soled hiking boots, and she's like 5'4" isn't she? 

I already thought the editors weren't giving Alex the greatest edit (showing him having to jump onto high chairs, etc.) and it now it seems like they were just waiting for villain Chad to leave to show Alex's full personality, which is not great. He totally has that clique-y frat boy thing going with his little group of floppy haired boys and feels invincible with the crowd behind him. I really hope he gets bounced soon and goes before Derek (who I don't actually care about, but their attitude toward him sucked). 

My favourite thing was Wells trying not to laugh in the scene where Jojo was talking/crying about her ex. I tend to laugh inappropriately so I get it. Or he was genuinely laughing and is there for the free travel. I not so secretly love Wells.

Ha, I got the same impression from Wells in that scene. I was trying to decide if he was maybe holding back some kind of emotion, but it looked like suppressed laughing to me. He is adorable, but agreed with posters above that he's not going to go the distance due to his size/build. 

Luke's nip slip was funny maybe the first nanosecond and then got awkward. 

Luke had a chance to show some personality right there (and there were flashes of funny), but he was so determined to stick to the script of whatever droning story he was telling that he couldn't stop and let the funny take over. That would be really exhausting for me, if someone has a speech they're adamant about making and I just want to be silly and laugh. 

I still think he's hot, but the personality is a bit of a detraction. 

I knew once Chad left they would have no reason for Daniel to stick around.  He was just Chad's sounding board.  And I was so happy when Jo Jo sent Evan home.  She never liked him.  He was there to complain about Chad.

I was thrilled to see Evan's LONG overdue exit. Did he get the chilliest rose ceremony send-off yet or what? A half-hearted hug and a "thanks for everything"?!? Ouch. 

ANNOUNCER: "Chad's packing up his protein powder and headed to Paradise!"  The best line of the night, and it was from a commercial!  

Also, "Paradise just got meatier..." playing over a montage of Chad's lunchmeat eating moments, classic. Chad's eating montages make me laugh, I'm looking forward to seeing him on BIP.

Edited by ljenkins782
  • Love 8
20 minutes ago, ljenkins782 said:

Yes, that scene is going to be one for JoJo to rewatch later when the Jordan relationship implodes (no spoilers, I'm just assuming that won't end well.) His utterly blank face, messing with his hair while he tried to think of a line that would work, and then starting to talk faster as he found a line of BS that sounded plausible? Yeah, he's going to cheat on her the minute the cameras turn off. 

And her obvious relief that her questions didn't scare him off? She has no "hand" in that relationship, to quote an old Seinfeld episode.

I like your entire post.  Had to comment on this part.  

She leaned way over for him to give her a kiss as she asked if he was mad at her.  I like the Seinfeld bit.  

He should have been asking that question if it had to be said (it didn't).  Right there it says, she is 'in love' with him and worried he will leave/cheat if she chooses him.  

Wells is the only stand out this season.  

(edited)
41 minutes ago, sofiah said:

Jordan is so clearly not that into Jojo... and he is so clearly her favorite... thats not going to end well.  

And yes, Derek looks just like John Krasinski!

I think he IS into her but in the Stockholm Syndrome way that plagues the hearts of many on this franchise.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 3