Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: Charter King

• Start Topic

Danny will forever use this to justify his lack of boundaries. "One charter group said I was the MVP--I can be inappropriate forever!" Not that I think he needs an excuse or justification…

• Love 8
11 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Are these charter guests told by production to yak it up with the crew? I don't get why any wealthy people who pay enormous amounts of money for these charters get so involved with the crew. Just be polite, ask for what you need when you need it and go on with your vacation and enjoy the people you are actually with.  

Well to be fair, I don't think this show is an accurate representation of a charter, your average charter guests, or charter crew.  Bravo is the one footing the majority of the bill here, not the guests.  They may pay a little something something (my guess is "just the tip"...HEEHEE), but they applied to be on a TV show, either for their own dreams of fame, or the deep deep discount.  So that affects a lot.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Marvin said:

I quite like Danny for entertainments sake and do think the others bully him ! They see him as an easy target to gang up on. However he would be more suited to a customer focused role, as the charter guest said, a salesman, or as was mentioned above, a cruise director. You could imagine him on an episode of Love Boat !!

Hannah does have a mean personality and can be very bitchy. She should have taken herself off to bed with her migraine, but instead was arsey with both the guests and crew - which is a no no in the service industry !

Ben is master of the kitchen and she should respect that. In any restaurant - the chef is the king ! 

As for Bryan - he can't manage anything ! I hope someone puts him in his place soon !

And Bobby is just eye candy and little else as their doesn't seem to be much up top !

I agree 100% with everything in your post...and was wondering if it's a prerequisite qualification for all chief stews to be bitchy.

And yes, they love to bully Danny. If they just left him alone, he'd probably work his way off the boat. In fact, Hannah pretty much said "he's gone" on WWHL last night.

Bryan's a mean drunk a-hole and Bobby is definitely the most immature of them all. And Ben can do no wrong.

• Love 1

I think that yachting, like working on a cruise ship is a different type of job because you're actually living with the people you work with.  That can blur the boundary lines easily.

Danny is a jerk and has no respect for anybody's boundaries.  He'd be most likely to be brought up on charges of stalking a guest either on a charter or cruise ship because he thought, "we had a connection."

Both Bryan and Hannah really shouldn't try to manage their people while drunk. 

I don't think Hannah has an ugly personality, but I can see how Danny might think she does, he wants someone who'll just let him do what he wants to do, he's like a bad three year old.  Danny should have been gone when he was told not to write that letter and did it anyway.  That action told me everything I need to know about him. 

• Love 11
(edited)
On 6/22/2016 at 9:16 AM, Neurochick said:

No, I've had chicken and waffles for breakfast; is there a rule that only certain foods are for breakfast?  I mean I've had pancakes at midnight.

Mmmm...chicken and waffles with hot honey.

Nice.

Anyway, even though I grew up in the U.S., I prefer an Asian breakfast in the mornings (esp. in the winter).

Usually consists of a little rice, a small bit of protein (personal preference is grilled fish- mackerel or croaker), a small assortment of vegetables (personal preference is something pickled) and a some clear soup. 

My non-Asian friend think it's disgusting. Little do they know, I find eating fatty meats, eggs or sweet pastries unpalatable in the mornings.  Just doesn't agree with me, I suppose. 

To each their own!

Edited by cuphead
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, biakbiak said:

They pay for more than just the tip, but it's very discounted like 40% of what it would typically cost. 

I've read that the charter is free and people apply.  Just wondering where your info is coming from.

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, cuphead said:

Mmmm...chicken and waffles with hot honey.

Nice.

Anyway, even though I grew up in the U.S., I prefer an Asian breakfast in the mornings (esp. in the winter).

Usually consists of a little rice, a small bit of protein (personal preference is grilled fish- mackerel or croaker), a small assortment of vegetables (personal preference is something pickled) and a some clear soup. 

My non-Asian friend think it's disgusting. Little do they know, I find eating fatty meats, eggs or sweet pastries unpalatable in the mornings.  Just doesn't agree with me, I suppose. 

To each their own!

Totally agree!  We are Italian and the usual breakfast for us was left over pasta or rice with an egg scrambled in and the left over veggies and protein from last night's dinner.  I don't like baked goods at all, which I know is weird for most people.

I don't see why Bravo can't flip this show's template.  Have the crew be normal 5 star staff, and just tote around a bunch of nuts.  The ships are gorgeous.

Edited by jumper sage
  • Love 2
57 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

I've read that the charter is free and people apply.  Just wondering where your info is coming from.

One of the hosts of the Grantlands podcast saw a copy of the contract and fee schedule because her friend was thinking about being on the show.

• Love 2

This was SOOO creepy.   I guess with these type of men, I see what the Stanford Rapist's future is like.  It must be what his growing up was like, with a Father who is a pig that teaches his son that woman are just holes. I hope he gets hit by lightening.  

• Love 3

Bobby is the ultimate butter face. Banging body but Oh that face!

Danny is such a creep UGH..I liked him at first but his head is way to big for his little body..In other words-He thinks very highly of himself-which in and of itself is not a bad thing BUT when you're told by your BOSS not to do something and you KEEP DOING IT!!!!!  MVP my ass. He needs to run off with mermaid Rocky and make annoying shrill babies.

Ben knows just how to aggravate Hannah.HAHAHAHAHA She's a liar face so I don't care about her either.

Happy this show finally got it's own thread!

Those "guests" were so low rent they made the Kardashians look klassy.

• Love 4

Maybe the crew would have cut Danny some slack if his antics has brought in a sizable tip. Sounds like they kind of got the shaft considering how much work the guests were, not to mention gross. Danny was an ass for nothing. 

• Love 1

Certain people's faces are just off to me.  That's probably because I'm deaf and I lipread, and if their mouths don't function properly or look like they fit together right it frustrates me.  That's the problem I have with Bobby.  His mouth is so narrow at the front (it widens up in back, you can see when he laughs and lifts his head) that it looks like his tongue barely has room to fit in it.  I'm surprised he doesn't seem to have any speech issues.  I wonder if he could have benefited from braces and a palate spreader as a kid.  If I ignore the odd dental shape and his mouth is shut, he's attractive enough though that tattoo is horrible.

• Love 3
(edited)
22 hours ago, Eater of Worlds said:

Certain people's faces are just off to me.  That's probably because I'm deaf and I lipread, and if their mouths don't function properly or look like they fit together right it frustrates me.  That's the problem I have with Bobby.  His mouth is so narrow at the front (it widens up in back, you can see when he laughs and lifts his head) that it looks like his tongue barely has room to fit in it.  I'm surprised he doesn't seem to have any speech issues.  I wonder if he could have benefited from braces and a palate spreader as a kid.  If I ignore the odd dental shape and his mouth is shut, he's attractive enough though that tattoo is horrible.

His mouth may be overcrowded. He should consult an orthodontist.

Speaking from experience...went to get a set of Invisaligns fitted to straighten my teeth as an adult and was told I had to pull four out before I could begin using braces (already had the four wisdom teeth removed many years ago). 

To be completely honest, don't think fixing whatever cosmetic issues he has with his teeth will help. He also has a weak chin so will also prob need some plastic surgery to fix that too. And he has that stupid tattoo, so would need to get it lasered off.

But at the end of the day, will it matter?

He'll still be a goofy douche because of his personality and no amount of plastic surgery will be able to fix that.

Edited by cuphead
  • Love 2

That gif illustrates perfectly a phenomenon women are all too familiar with -- probably all of us can project EXACTLY what they're thinking (that creeping frozen sick feeling of "o.m.g., did he just DO that? What do I do now?")  Meanwhile, they're smiling, and I have no doubt that these guys, looking at the gif, will say "look -- they ENJOYED IT!"

Unfortunately, had they looked horrified or, god forbid, SAID anything, they would have been ungrateful bitches.  

• Love 2
On June 23, 2016 at 7:08 AM, Neurochick said:

I think that yachting, like working on a cruise ship is a different type of job because you're actually living with the people you work with.  That can blur the boundary lines easily.

Danny is a jerk and has no respect for anybody's boundaries.  He'd be most likely to be brought up on charges of stalking a guest either on a charter or cruise ship because he thought, "we had a connection."

Both Bryan and Hannah really shouldn't try to manage their people while drunk. 

I don't think Hannah has an ugly personality, but I can see how Danny might think she does, he wants someone who'll just let him do what he wants to do, he's like a bad three year old.  Danny should have been gone when he was told not to write that letter and did it anyway.  That action told me everything I need to know about him. 

Hannah has an ugly peesonality. IMO Danny is right.

On 6/22/2016 at 9:59 AM, Sarah D. Bunting said:

@njbchlover, I GIF'd that gesture for the write-up. "Enjoy"?

2016-06-22-bdm-guesture.gif

Look at the women's faces! You know that sealed the deal as far as chasing them out of there as quickly as possible. Unpopular opinion= I think Danny was just what that excursion needed. Without him those guys would have been standing around, drinking and awkwardly flirting ala Bobby.