Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E02: Punch Drunk Love

John's upset by his and Julia's flailing relationship; Asaf and Francesca take a trip to the Boom Boom Room; and Kaylen shocks the house when discussing her relationship with Gio.

My DVR betrayed me last night. I don't know why it didn't record but I'm very sad about it. I love this shitshow! Looks like it will repeat on Friday so hopefully there will be more snark once I'm caught up. 

Ugh! I'm ashamed at how mad I am about missing it. So many feelings!!!!

40 minutes ago, butterbody said:

My DVR betrayed me last night. I don't know why it didn't record but I'm very sad about it. I love this shitshow! Looks like it will repeat on Friday so hopefully there will be more snark once I'm caught up. 

Ugh! I'm ashamed at how mad I am about missing it. So many feelings!!!!

I always check my dvr scheduled recordings at the beginning of the week and saw that this was not scheduled and I don't know why either so I manually recorded it.

I just...don't understand these people.  What's it been 3-4 days?  You're so in love you're talking marriage.  You're so upset you're not a "perfect match" with some girl who's not into you that you're punching walls?  I hope most of this is fake, because otherwise I can figure out why these people aren't in stable relationships already.

This is my first time watching this show (decided to watch because I watch The Challenge), and I kinda love the trainwreck, even though it's completely insane.

• Love 6
52 minutes ago, hilaryvm said:

This is my first time watching this show (decided to watch because I watch The Challenge), and I kinda love the trainwreck, even though it's completely insane.

Yup, this is me too. Decided since the powers that be are going to force AYTO kids on us for The Challenge, I might as well watch this shit show.

And funny enough, I am enjoying it. Enjoying it more than recent seasons of the Real World.

But let's get it straight, I am enjoying it for its trainwreck factor, not because I actually believe any of these dumbasses are going to find their "perfect match".

So, wow...is John an idiot or what? How can he not see she just isn't in to him? Though she 100% IS leading him on (she enjoys the attention).

John has pretty much solidified his spot on The Challenge...

While John is just a meathead, Asaf takes the cake for being the biggest douchebag. Trying SO hard to guilt that girl in to sleeping with him. Glad she didn't fall for it.

• Love 6

I'm surprised we didn't see anyone sit Julia down and tell her to be blunt and tell John she's not that into him. She made it sound like she was only encouraging him to find someone else For The Game, which... c'mon, Julia, he's a nut job. Stab him in the heart cleanly or he'll be picking that scab until the show is over thinking you like him at all. And John, being geographically close at one point in your life does not a stable long-term relationship make - and if your only supporting evidence for true love is that and the fact that your pants go wild at the idea of her, that's not actually a solid argument.

I get why the guy who came between Joe and Whatsherface is trying to mix up the action a little - which is totally better than John's 'TRU LUV 4EVAH' school of thought on the game - but those two seemed pretty reasonable. Pick someone else, someone unattached, to experiment with, dude. 

• Love 4

Asaf seems like an asshole. They met each other just a week ago and he's offended that she didn't put out. He's so touchy that I find it hard to believe that she didn't have any inkling that he would try to seal the deal in the boom boom room but for him to try and shade her like that is such a douche move. 

John is all muscle and no brain. He thinks Julia is his perfect match because dude...what other girl is from Louisiana? Are you serious? lol. I loved the impression of him because that pretty much sums up what he knows about Julia - her name and where she's from. 

At first I thought Julia was keeping John in the picture because she liked the attention but I think I believe her when she says that it's really that she doesn't have the personality to be stern with a guy. She spoke and looked visibly awkward at his many confessions on their date and I think her comments about if they weren't a match were an obvious sign to him that she's okay with that result and that John should pursue others girls if that's the case. Julia is trying to not make him feel bad but at the same time it's only giving him the fuel to continue.  It was good strategy to put them in the booth to get that out of the way. As it always goes, he'll likely think his feelings are real and he has marked his territory. Good chance he's going to be pissed when he starts seeing Julia pursue others, vice versa.

• Love 4
(edited)

John is a violent moron. He postured up and started raging against the woman from Compton and hand to be held back by the other guys. She should have stayed out of it but I don't blame her for saying what she did even if it did piss him off more. I feel the same about him needing to be held back from the guy laughing at him (no double standards here). He needs to learn to control his emotions and if he can't handle the alcohol then stop drinking. He needs to own his actions/behavior. I can't stand the fool. There are so many morons and that ok since train wreck tv can be mindless fun. 

Edit: I'm consciously calling them men and women even though they look and act like children. They are of legal age to be considered men and women and I don't like the habit of legal adults referring to themselves as kid, kids, young gal, boy, girl, etc. I feel like they are using terms like this to rationalize their bad behavior. I know plenty of people their age who are well behaved (I know, that isn't what casting agents are looking for....they want the melodramatic fools).

Edited by Vicky8675309
  • Love 3

I'm another fan of The Challenge. I binged the first 3 seasons of AYTO before starting this one. Pretty entertaining stuff!

I really love the long-haired guy's personality, but I don't find him physically attractive at all. Strange, considering I love long hair on guys. I really like that he doesn't mind painting his nails or watching "girly" shows and movies. 

Asaf is a dick.

John is an idiot. 

I cannot believe people are talking about marriage on episode 2.

Nicole seems too normal for this show, but maybe she'll surprise me and end up being a psychopath. 

That's all for now. 

• Love 4

When John was screaming at Julia about his feelings for her, did anyone else hear him say he wanted her as his trophy? Thats not something most girls want to be, right?

• Love 8

It definitely gives you an idea of his mindset. He wants a pretty girl to hang on his arm for other guys to be jealous of.

I was actually surprised no one called him out on it...that type of shit typically isn't tolerated anymore (and rightfully so).

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Zima said:

I really love the long-haired guy's personality, but I don't find him physically attractive at all. Strange, considering I love long hair on guys. I really like that he doesn't mind painting his nails or watching "girly" shows and movies. 

That's Sam.  I came here to post how much I like Sweet Sam as well.  There are others on the show that don't seem to be complete douche nozzles yet but he's the one that stands out so far as an early favorite.  I hope he and his girl pick (I can't remember her name) are a perfect match in the booth and get to go on their little honeymoon....thingy....

1 hour ago, mlsmit7 said:

did anyone else hear him say he wanted her as his trophy? Thats not something most girls want to be, right?

Yeah he said something like "you are my trophy girl" or something like that.  Psshh!  What a jack ass.

• Love 3
(edited)

Have some of these folks ever even *had* relationships? Some of their reactions (coughJohncough) seem so childish/first teenage love my world is ending if you don't love me back-ish/over the top, that I don't understand how they could have possibly survived the breakup of an actual relationship in real life. I wish they had one day a week where they provided therapy to these pathetic attention-seeking nutjobs.

ETA: Looooved John's logic of what makes someone a soulmate - "We're both from the same state and have mutual facebook friends!" Literally did laugh out loud at that one because he said it so seriously. Oh my goodness. If only that was all it took ;)

Edited by MattDuffysCat
  • Love 6

I posted a tweet about starting to watch AYTO just so I'd know who I was seeing on my favorite show The Challenge. I love how many challenge fans are doing the same lame thing. and I also find AYTO really entertaining. I'm from Louisiana, so maybe John would like to date me. Well except that I'm twice his age and a guy, but you never know.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, trvelnfool said:

I posted a tweet about starting to watch AYTO just so I'd know who I was seeing on my favorite show The Challenge. I love how many challenge fans are doing the same lame thing. and I also find AYTO really entertaining. I'm from Louisiana, so maybe John would like to date me. Well except that I'm twice his age and a guy, but you never know.

But do you have Facebook friends in common?  Can't be true love without that connection.

• Love 9

I'm so embarrassed to say this, but looking at John is like looking in a mirror at my early-twenties self. 

(I didn't have my Violent Crybaby Stalker game on point like he does, though.  We just looked the same.)

12 hours ago, Drogo said:

I'm so embarrassed to say this, but looking at John is like looking in a mirror at my early-twenties self. 

(I didn't have my Violent Crybaby Stalker game on point like he does, though.  We just looked the same.)

But Drogo, you're not a white guy from Louisiana....

• LOL 1
  • Love 1