Type keyword(s) to search

Season 8 Unseen Footage

• Start Topic

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 10:07 AM, trimthatfat said:

Surprised there aren't more replies. I thought this was great! From the the production team freaking out about how unsettled Vicki's face was post-plastic surgery to Lauri still justifying accusing Vicki of being in bed with another woman (who ended up being her sister), I thought this was hysterical.

I love behind-the-scenes stuff, but isn't all of this stuff we already know?  I feel like I didn't hear anything new on the special. 

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 1:28 PM, psychoticstate said:

WTF did Gretchen do to her face after Season 8?  Based on her THs, she did suntheen.  She looks terrible. 

Oh she did suntheen alright - holy CRAP her lips look terrible!

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 2:57 PM, Almost 3000 said:

Am I dreaming it or was this a repeat? I swear I've seen all this info before...

Yeah that is how I feel! 

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 5:21 PM, psychoticstate said:

This unaired footage made me realize how painfully boring last season was.  I hope the crazy hos bring it this season. 

Last year was so terribly boring.  I am really hoping for a good season.  Word on the street is that Vicki is persona non grata with Tamra, Shannon and Heather, so that should actually make the season good.

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 6:29 PM, MatildaMoody said:

Mind you, I was never a fan of Alexis, but I always saw her as harmless when compared to the other women.

I don't think she is harmless, I think she is a braggart who lies.  Remember, she claims that she wears a fake ring because the REAL (duplicate copy??) ring, worth SOOO much money is sitting in the safe.  No, this is not true.  And why would anyone wear a fake huge ring?  OR - if you insist on being a fake and wearing a fugazi - WHY WOULD YOU ADMIT TO IT????  I actually wonder if she admitted to it being fake on accident, without thinking... and then had to pretend that she has a real one, in a safe. 

• Love 3
23 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

Tamra isn't smart in the traditional sense...but she seems street smart and can read a room much better then vicki can.

22 hours ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

Yea, I can't stand Tamra but I do think she is pretty smart. Not educated, nor worldly, but I think her mind is sharp and she is pretty quick on her feet.

I would say Tamara has a certain "low cunning" about her.  She is not interested in anything intellectual or cultured, but is a survivor... like a cockroach.

• Love 8
(edited)
2 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I don't think she is harmless, I think she is a braggart who lies.  Remember, she claims that she wears a fake ring because the REAL (duplicate copy??) ring, worth SOOO much money is sitting in the safe.  No, this is not true.  And why would anyone wear a fake huge ring?  OR - if you insist on being a fake and wearing a fugazi - WHY WOULD YOU ADMIT TO IT????  I actually wonder if she admitted to it being fake on accident, without thinking... and then had to pretend that she has a real one, in a safe. 

I'm sorry, but if lying about a fake ring, or bragging about the things her husband told her they own is the worse thing that she ever did, I will stand by my assessment that compared to the other women, Alexis was pretty harmless. Annoying, maybe, but nothing to cause the animosity and viciousness these women heaped on her. 

ETA: Also, I don't think Alexis believed she was lying when she said that her real ring was locked up for safe keeping. I think that Jim probably fed her that nonsense when whatever pawn shop ring he "gave" to her had to be sold, or gotten out of hock by its previous owner. 

Edited by MatildaMoody
  • Love 19
1 hour ago, heatherchandler said:

I love behind-the-scenes stuff, but isn't all of this stuff we already know?  I feel like I didn't hear anything new on the special. 

I didn't know most of the behind the scenes stuff, actually, so I enjoyed it.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, lunastartron said:

Alexis said she had a facsimile ring that she wore when traveling internationally. Not taking a real diamond to environs like Costa Rica seems pretty common sensical to me. 

I agree that it does seem like a common sense thing. But, I also wouldn't put it past Jim to pull some shady crap to keep his wife in the dark. He kind of has a track record of that what with the whole used to date Peggy thing. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I do the same thing, and no, my ring isn't worth a ton, but I take it off enough that I fear losing it, so I wear a fake one.  I have no shame in doing so and it allows me to mix it up every once in a while and have fun rings. My real ring lives in the safe deposit box.

What I don't understand about the Heather not wanting to do the show thing is why did she do a casting tape 2 seasons prior to being cast if she didn't really want to do it? There are tons of women wanting to be on the show, she wasn't some big name Bravo was angling to get.  Something just doesn't compute.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

A lot of this was new to me, but a good portion that was labeled "unseen footage" I remember seeing before.

• Love 2

Loved the description by the Producers of the Winter Wonderland Party...each Housewife taking turns taking Gretchen and Slade to task--when they were finished with one, another was waiting in the wings for their turn.

I forgot how much I loved bubbly Lydia...although I don't remember which fairytale creature/cartoon character she reminds of...

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, CyberJawa1986 said:

I forgot how much I loved bubbly Lydia...although I don't remember which fairytale creature/cartoon character she reminds of...

There was this early 80's cartoon called The Littles, and Lydia always reminded me of one of them. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, luleetuni said:

I do the same thing, and no, my ring isn't worth a ton, but I take it off enough that I fear losing it, so I wear a fake one.  I have no shame in doing so and it allows me to mix it up every once in a while and have fun rings. My real ring lives in the safe deposit box.

What I don't understand about the Heather not wanting to do the show thing is why did she do a casting tape 2 seasons prior to being cast if she didn't really want to do it? There are tons of women wanting to be on the show, she wasn't some big name Bravo was angling to get.  Something just doesn't compute.

I understand wanting to mix it up and wear fun rings.  I have some fun fake stuff, too.  I just feel like there is a reason Alexis wears a HUGE diamond ring - to show off.  I don't think she wears it to have fun with it, she wears it to pretend like she is some fancy rich lady.  I think I am so annoyed with the ring thing because it is like all of her fake bullshit boils down to that.  I know that she grew up poor, and I have seen this mentality in people who grow up with nothing, they have a need to pretend like they are wealthy.  It is sad. 

I have a nice ring and I insured it and wear it - I love it, I don't want it to sit in a safe deposit box.  Life is short. 

I also think wearing a huge diamond on vacation is not a wise move, as it may make you a target.  You get mugged and they only get the fake, but what if they have a gun and something goes awry during the mugging... 

As for Heather - I agree, something does not compute.  I actually think she is no better than Alexis the more I think about it.  She seems to lie or fudge the truth.

On her podcast, she expressed dismay that they did not bring up the stupid Malibu Country debacle; the fact that she was asked to be on the show in a REAL ACTRESS role, but the other housewives had been asked to play a silly role, and Gretchen pretended that she was asked to actually be on the show as an actress.  Who cares, Heather? 

Also she was claiming she never watched the RHOC before doing her audition tape - which is total BS.  And that she wasn't asked to be on in Season 2 because she was "too New York."  Yeah I am sure that is it.  She feels the need to pretend that she is not a reality show person, she is a real actress and the whole show is beneath her.  She really thinks this! 

• Love 9
29 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

Also she was claiming she never watched the RHOC before doing her audition tape - which is total BS.  And that she wasn't asked to be on in Season 2 because she was "too New York."  Yeah I am sure that is it.  She feels the need to pretend that she is not a reality show person, she is a real actress and the whole show is beneath her.  She really thinks this! 

I am also incredulous about Heather's claim to have never seen the show. Didn't they show old footage of her (an audition tape?) discussing what role she would play on the show?

• Love 5

I don't buy Heather's version that she didn't try to get her friends on the show. I can absolutely buy that she was trying to get her friends recruited. I got the impression that the producers don't like Heather or Vicki.

• Love 8
On 15.6.2016 at 3:34 AM, biakbiak said:

Gretchen wasn't talking about production she was talking about personal appearance events where Alex's people tried to undercut her quote. I can see it possible where it would get back to her if the people wanting the personal appearance were using it as a negotiation tactic.

To me that sounded like a load of crap, It certainly didn´t seem like that was what happened, Gretchen was a jerk on camera and now she´s trying to justify the betrayal of her friend and save some reputation. Alexis is a lot of things but I don´t think she would have conspired with anyone to get in on Gretchen´s business, at least not before Gretchen betrayed her. After that went down I think it wasn´t unfair of Alexis to do that, but I´m not sure if I´d ever believe what Gretchen said about it.

When I saw how awful Heather´s marriage was/is, it made me think about the time when she was going on and on about how terrible Jim was and how he was the most materialistic man in the world, teaching his kids awful stuff etc etc. Heather the hypocrite.

• Love 7

I've always felt like Heather's issue with Alexis is that she lies about things that don't make any sense. It's ok to wear a fake ring if you're somewhere where you might be concerned that someone would rob you. However, wearing a 10 karat fake doesn't help you because it's just as attractive to thieves as a real 10 karat diamond. Or Alexis' insistence that it was cheaper to rent than to buy in Orange County and that's why they kept moving houses. That's true in some markets, but I don't believe that was true in OC at that time. Her lies never made any sense if you know anything about how the world works and Alexis' unwavering insistance that her lies were truth would make you start wondering if she really thinks you are stupid enough to believe them. Alexis and Jim were really really materialistic and had this shifting foundation of lies that they told to explain their weirdo lifestyle. Heather's point was mostly that Alexis and Jim should live a life they can afford rather than fronting like they did. Ultimately, Heather shouldn't be so bothered Bellinos' lies and finances, but Alexis just wouldn't shut up about material things.

What I liken Alexis' lies to is Phaedra lying about her due date on Atlanta. Phaedra didn't want her mother to think that she was having sex before marriage, so she claimed that she got pregnant on her wedding night and that her obstetrician was delivering her baby at 5 months because he was the size of a full term baby. The other women called her on her bullshit. I fully believe that the reason Kandi and Phaedra were such good friends was because Kandi was the only one not to question this foolishness.

Neither Alexis' nor Phaedra's lies impacted the lives of their castmates, but you could see how the other women might be insulted that both ladies think you are stupid enough to believe these nonsense stories.

I'm surprised, but not surprised to learn that Vicki is awful to the production staff. I can't believe she's obtuse enough to brag about it. She's even more of an asshole than I suspected.

I also can't believe that the story behind the threesome was that Vicki, her sister, and her sister's husband were sitting in the bed watching a movie. I know Vicki said she didn't want to drag her sister in this story, but if Vicki had calmly (ha! Vicki. Calm!) explained that she was watching a movie thus would have killed that whole point dead in 5 seconds. It would have also exposed Gretchen and Lauri as the thirsty shady heifers that they are.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, halkatla said:

When I saw how awful Heather´s marriage was/is, it made me think about the time when she was going on and on about how terrible Jim was and how he was the most materialistic man in the world, teaching his kids awful stuff etc etc. Heather the hypocrite.

I think the word is "projection".

• Love 6
(edited)
3 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Heather's point was mostly that Alexis and Jim should live a life they can afford rather than fronting like they did. Ultimately, Heather shouldn't be so bothered Bellinos' lies and finances, but Alexis just wouldn't shut up about material things.

But Heather is the one who´s all about material things. At least Alexis had/has God, Jesus, her kids, her king etc. Heather has nothing except her fake marital bliss and money bought stuff. And she would have crushed Alexis if they went head to head on tv for an appearance, I´ll give her that much. She´s also much more cunning, but still she can´t help herself when it comes to showing how much money and stuff matters to her, she´s on the same level as Alexis when it comes to opening up about embarrassing personal matters. Alexis is far from smart and she was delusional in sooooo many (annoying) ways, but she was still the more real and kind person of the two, so she wins hands down. And if I had to place a bet, I´m sure Jim is by far a better and more hand on dad than Terry. And he´s probably more motherly than Heather even.

Edited by halkatla
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I've always felt like Heather's issue with Alexis is that she lies about things that don't make any sense. It's ok to wear a fake ring if you're somewhere where you might be concerned that someone would rob you. However, wearing a 10 karat fake doesn't help you because it's just as attractive to thieves as a real 10 karat diamond. Or Alexis' insistence that it was cheaper to rent than to buy in Orange County and that's why they kept moving houses. That's true in some markets, but I don't believe that was true in OC at that time. Her lies never made any sense if you know anything about how the world works and Alexis' unwavering insistance that her lies were truth would make you start wondering if she really thinks you are stupid enough to believe them. Alexis and Jim were really really materialistic and had this shifting foundation of lies that they told to explain their weirdo lifestyle. Heather's point was mostly that Alexis and Jim should live a life they can afford rather than fronting like they did. Ultimately, Heather shouldn't be so bothered Bellinos' lies and finances, but Alexis just wouldn't shut up about material things.

What I liken Alexis' lies to is Phaedra lying about her due date on Atlanta. Phaedra didn't want her mother to think that she was having sex before marriage, so she claimed that she got pregnant on her wedding night and that her obstetrician was delivering her baby at 5 months because he was the size of a full term baby. The other women called her on her bullshit. I fully believe that the reason Kandi and Phaedra were such good friends was because Kandi was the only one not to question this foolishness.

Neither Alexis' nor Phaedra's lies impacted the lives of their castmates, but you could see how the other women might be insulted that both ladies think you are stupid enough to believe these nonsense stories.

I'm surprised, but not surprised to learn that Vicki is awful to the production staff. I can't believe she's obtuse enough to brag about it. She's even more of an asshole than I suspected.

I also can't believe that the story behind the threesome was that Vicki, her sister, and her sister's husband were sitting in the bed watching a movie. I know Vicki said she didn't want to drag her sister in this story, but if Vicki had calmly (ha! Vicki. Calm!) explained that she was watching a movie thus would have killed that whole point dead in 5 seconds. It would have also exposed Gretchen and Lauri as the thirsty shady heifers that they are.

See, I don't think Alexis was purposely lying or insulting the other women's intelligence. I think the reason she was so emphatic about the things she said about there finances was because those are the things Jim told her and she took his word as gospel. Let's be realistic no matter how much of a fool Phaedra acts, she is miles above Alexis is when it comes to intelligence and deliberate fabrications. I mean there would be no reason for Alexis to brag about her possessions if she knew it wasn't true. And I am sure each time she went Jim about something the other women called her on money wise, he had an explanation that made perfect sense to her. Plus, she had been scoffed at by the other women enough that there was no reason to believe them over her King.

As for the Vicki threesome thing, didn't they say on the special that Vicki DID say it was her sister during the mountain showdown only it was edited out?

• Love 7
43 minutes ago, halkatla said:

But Heather is the one who´s all about material things. At least Alexis had/has God, Jesus, her kids, her king etc. Heather has nothing except her fake marital bliss and money bought stuff. And she would have crushed Alexis if they went head to head on tv for an appearance, I´ll give her that much. She´s also much more cunning, but still she can´t help herself when it comes to showing how much money and stuff matters to her, she´s on the same level as Alexis when it comes to opening up about embarrassing personal matters. Alexis is far from smart and she was delusional in sooooo many (annoying) ways, but she was still the more real and kind person of the two, so she wins hands down. And if I had to place a bet, I´m sure Jim is by far a better and more hand on dad than Terry. And he´s probably more motherly than Heather even.

I would highly doubt that Jim is a better father than Terry because in my experience no one who is as chauvinistic as Jim can be particularly hands on or thoughtful, especially since we saw him be so thoughtless and dismissive of his wife. In my experience, men like Jim tend to be pretty emphatic that raising children is women's work. Heather is materialistic, but she has the money to back it up. She's slightly braggy in that way that well off housewives tend to be. The real problem is that she's surrounded by some broke ass housewives. If she had been on Beverly Hills, no one would have batted an eye, especially with LVP taking a private plane to pick up miniature horses and Erika flying her makeup and hair gays to Dubai. Additionally, I'm not going to say anything about their faith. They are Jewish, but I don't have an issue with Heather and Terry not talking about it constantly like Alexis.

Alexis on the other hand was always bragging about her nonexistent wealth, her amazing chauvinistic husband, and her heartfelt commitment to Jesus. Maybe because I come from a show rather than say philosophy I never found Alexis particularly sincere. I don't know that Alexis should be given a pass for blindly repeating what her husband and king told her. Alexis contributed money to the household and at a certain point it's willful ignorance that she didn't understand the circumstances of their finances better. And I'd say this about any of the wives, including and especially Teresa Giudice. Phaedra is much smarter, but even still there is something vaguely insulting about someone trying to convince you of an obvious falsehood.

I don't even know if Alexis was cognizant of her lying/bragging. I have a brother who used to do this constantly. He had such a level if insecurity that it became pathological. There was almost nothing you could do to dissuade him when he was telling one of his stories, even if my parents and all of the siblings contradicted him. At a certain point, we just stopped engaging with him. We'd tell him that wasn't true and stop talking to him. I don't know what snapped him out of it, but a couple years ago he just stopped.

• Love 5
(edited)
39 minutes ago, MatildaMoody said:

As for the Vicki threesome thing, didn't they say on the special that Vicki DID say it was her sister during the mountain showdown only it was edited out?

Yes. Vicki claimed her sister's husband wouldn't have been happy about that story and because her sister never asked to be brought into the show, they edited it out for the sister's privacy. I'm not sure if that's really the reason why, since Bravo can be hit or miss with giving a damn about what people want aired and it made for better TV to leave the "Vicki in bed with another woman" allegation more unclear by leaving it out, but that's what they claimed on the special. Vicki apparently got the OK from her sister after the fact so that's why it was fine to say that's who it was on WWHL/in her blog/on the special later on. 

Edited by 100PercentPain

That's just so weird that Vicki's brother in law would have an issue with Vicki clarifying it. We didn't need to see a talking head from him to corroborate. And leaving it unclear made it seem like there was merit to the story when there absolutely wasn't when it was explained. Eh whatever.

1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

That's just so weird that Vicki's brother in law would have an issue with Vicki clarifying it. We didn't need to see a talking head from him to corroborate. And leaving it unclear made it seem like there was merit to the story when there absolutely wasn't when it was explained. Eh whatever.

It seemed that the other man was with her sister but not her husband. Hence Vicki "protecting" her sister.

• Love 2
(edited)
7 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Donning a facsimile ring does not hypothetically *deter* thieves and/or violence (which are uncontrollable variables in any context) but that's not the point. The point is that, provided you are fortunate enough to survive a robbery in an international setting, you are monetarily out the cost of a cubic zirconia and/or glass as opposed to a real 10 karat diamond.

And the Heather's umbrage about Alexis's flossing was just one of her many bullshit double standards.

I'm am 99.9% certain that Alexis only defended the Bellinos' serial renting because Heather began aggressively inquiring about their financial motivations for doing so. After the fact, Heather tried to dress up her queries about the monetary foundations of a veritable stranger's housing situation as a natural vein of small talk among two acquaintances who were simultaneously shopping for permanent lodgings.

In that context, why isn't it just as natural for Alexis to enumerate all of the Maseratis that Jim owns?

If Heather is the party initiating lines of questioning about Alexis's money and property, then she has no legitimate claim to insult just because she doesn't like the response she got.

The Dubrows are actually self-described "Bu-Jews," aren't they (per Heather's own words when she joined the cast)?

I'm pretty sure that Halkatla's point is that Heather and Alexis both frequently invoked shorthand for and allusions to their material wealth. But Alexis definitely did not couch every aspect of her self-presentation within those parameters. Whether or not one finds her spirituality interesting, her aspirations to both identify ad balance her faith, personal fulfillment, and social views were certainly as multidimensional as Heather hiring even more household staff, price-dropping the expense of her new cabinets, misusing words while lecturing others on their linguistic inferiority, etc.

Edited by lunastartron
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I'm surprised, but not surprised to learn that Vicki is awful to the production staff. 

Thank you!  You have put my thoughts and feelings into words.  I absolutely agree.  Lots of weird, nonsensical reasons for doing things a certain way.  Alexis, you are not rich!  Who cares!?  Stop pretending you are.

I thought (maybe from blind items?) that Alexis was the one who was rumored to be a bitch to the production people.  She was rumored to have acted like they were her employees.  I can see this.

I can also see Vicki doing this.

2 hours ago, lunastartron said:

Donning a facsimile ring does not hypothetically *deter* thieves and/or violence (which are uncontrollable variables in any context) but that's not the point. The point is that, provided you are fortunate enough to survive a robbery in an international setting, you are monetarily out the cost of a cubic zirconia and/or glass as opposed to a real 10 karat diamond.

Right- thieves don't know it's fake so don't wear anything real or fake if you don't want to catch a thief's eye.  

Anyone with a 10 karat diamond has insurance on said diamond.  Alexis doesn't own a big, real diamond!

• Love 2
On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 4:26 AM, Ubiquitous said:
17 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

Thank you!  You have put my thoughts and feelings into words.  I absolutely agree.  Lots of weird, nonsensical reasons for doing things a certain way.  Alexis, you are not rich!  Who cares!?  Stop pretending you are.

I thought (maybe from blind items?) that Alexis was the one who was rumored to be a bitch to the production people.  She was rumored to have acted like they were her employees.  I can see this.

I can also see Vicki doing this.

Heather accused Alexis at the Reunion  of treating production staff poorly.  The producer said he liked her so I am thinking it was just another drive by at Alexis.

It was interesting because the producers conveyed that Heather was less than delight with her behavior.  I guess Heather has come to the realization reality TV is a big part of the family's meal ticket these days.

• Love 6

The think I 'm amused by with Vicki is the tremendous pride and power she seems to feel she wields by claiming to be the 'OG of the OC', not catching the fact that she's, in fact, a cast member in a cheesy faux-reality show where she's become a figure of mockery, derision and pity. Her numerous lies and somewhat tragic relationships are the basis of her storylines and her out of control (and incredibly annoying) shrieking are her most striking achievements on the show. Sure, she gets some serious money for her efforts but--to me--that's expensive money. She's come across over the years as a thoroughly unpleasant and unlikable person no one in their right mind would spend twenty seconds with. I also find it curious that, despite her being on this show for years, she can still attract customers to her possibly semi-shady business.

JMHO.

• Love 9
On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 1:55 AM, zoeysmom said:

When they had the clambake at Terry and heather's house-you can see Jim Edwards.  So I think Heather had Jim's second wife in mind as a fill-in.  I thought it showed a really bitchy side of Heather.  I guess she finally realized there are no scripted roles screaming for her in Hollywood.

I think that Heather mentioned last season that she would be neighbours with the baseball player, Josh Hamilton's wife. Wasn't she supposed to be on the show but cancelled due to him filing fo divorce?

(edited)

I understand why Heather would find Alexis annoying, what I take issue with is just how much it bothered her, and the delight she seemed to take in knocking Alexis down. Heather's reaction was OTT, in my opinion, and speaks to the fact that she doesn't like how much of a mirror Alexis holds up to herself. Alexis made obvious everything Heather does much more subtly.

Edited by PhilMarlowe2
  • Love 18
1 hour ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

I understand why Heather would find Alexis annoying, what I take issue with is just how much it bothered her, and the delight she seemed to take in knocking Alexis down. Heather's reaction was OTT, in my opinion, and speaks to the fact that she doesn't like how much of a mirror Alexis holds up to herself. Alexis made obvious everything Heather does much more subtly.

I think you are right.  I also feel like Heather has been losing her ability to brag with subtlety.  She was pretty good at it in the beginning, but she's getting worse, and losing her cool.  It's coming across as desperate.  So sad.  

I've seen this in person before.  Usually people get worse at it when they lose money or feel like they have something to prove.  I can't figure out why it is happening with Heather.  Maybe she thinks people don't know how rich she is?  That seems to upset her.  Or she's upset her house isn't coming along as fast and she can't show it off?

Last season, when she was actually SAYING DOLLAR AMOUNTS out loud, speaking about her home, which was clearly done for our benefit - I thought, huh, that's gauche and desperate.  What's that all about?  

• Love 8

The story that Alexis behaved horribly toward production originated with Heather at the season 7 reunion. Considering that very production crew had way more positive feelings to share about Alexis (did they even make one pejorative remark about her on the special?) than either Heather or Vicki, I'm going to believe that they know their own sentiments and experience better than Heather. 

Katie Hamilton actually appeared on the show; she attended both the Napa trip and the first party of the season. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Last season, when she was actually SAYING DOLLAR AMOUNTS out loud, speaking about her home, which was clearly done for our benefit - I thought, huh, that's gauche and desperate.  What's that all about?  

I actually find Heather fascinating for these very reasons. I mean, say what you will about her career, she was a very successful actress in the broad scheme of acting. Landing two series regular roles on major prime-time networks is no small thing, and I really have to wonder about her decision to turn her back on it all and marry into Terry Dubrow money. Heather has shown she can be desperately insecure - hence, her horrible treatment of Shannon when they first met - and that she can get very mean. I do wonder if she turned her back on her real dreams for the sake of having this family life. Maybe she felt disappointed that both of her big breaks were cancelled, maybe she made a decision that she regrets on some level now - it's just interesting to me that she actually attained a lot of acting success, but then turned her back on it in favor of an insufferable but rich man, and she now seems to have so much invested in humble bragging about her wealth.

• Love 5

I've always wondered how Lydia and Shannon would have gotten along.

I found Lydia alternately refreshing (I loved that she didn't take shit from anyone) and irritating (that she was constantly stirring the pot then pretending otherwise, plus the constant Jesus love was a bit much albeit certainly fitting for this cast). Lydia's directness seems like it might have been a good fit with Shannon's openness, but then I think Lydia's every bit as good at gaslighting a person as some of the other HWs.

• Love 3
On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 0:36 AM, breezy424 said:

I did feel for Vicks and the comments about her physical appearance.  I hate (yes, I hate) when people make fun of the physical attributes that someone is born with.  I was repulsed by Slade when he went there.  And I think it horrible that someone would resort to plastic surgery because of others' nasty and mean comments.   That is so sad.  And worst of all, most of the people who do this anonymously through social media are probably no physical prizes themselves.  I can't stand Vicks but this sort of thing is just so wrong.  It's just another part of our society that people should take a good look in the mirror about.  Sorry, but I'm a little more sensitive because of what has happened these past few days.

I remember we on TWOP coming up with the "Miss Piggy" nomenclature long before Slade used it in his alleged comedy routine and their claim of a "social media explosion" that prompted her to get her surgery between seasons. Now that I think about, that wasn't her first nose job either.

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 5:30 AM, motorcitymom65 said:

One of the most interesting nuggets was that Bravo had been trying to lure Laurie back for so long and that she had refused. I just assumed that she was desperate to be back on TV, hence the stuff about Vicki. Incredible that Vicki said on the mountain that the gal she was in bed with was her sister, and Bravo cut it out to protect the sister's privacy. 

I think it was done to generate interest in the story, or at least not make Laurie's lies so obvious. Did they mention her vague claims that Brooks had been dating a porno star who was a friend of her daughter?

• Love 2
On 6/15/2016 at 4:53 PM, CriticalMass said:

She said something about boiler plate that made absolutely no sense. I don't recall the actual context but it was a typical OC butchering of basic English. 

That was it!  Gretch said she "reached her boiler plate".  LOL. 

• Love 1
On 6/17/2016 at 10:24 AM, heatherchandler said:

Also she was claiming she never watched the RHOC before doing her audition tape - which is total BS.  And that she wasn't asked to be on in Season 2 because she was "too New York."  Yeah I am sure that is it.  

What does that even mean? 

She happens to be from the East Coast. And?

On 6/16/2016 at 4:02 PM, glowbug said:

Yet, she confirms that Terry Dubrow did sign her contract for her. (Is that even legal? Can that void Heather's contract?)

I haven't the show in years, but I've seen Terry on Botched. Why would he be so desperate to have his wife on the show?

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, discoprincess said:

I haven't the show in years, but I've seen Terry on Botched. Why would he be so desperate to have his wife on the show?

So that he would even be considered for a show like Botched.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, discoprincess said:

What does that even mean? 

She happens to be from the East Coast. And?

Yet, she confirms that Terry Dubrow did sign her contract for her. (Is that even legal? Can that void Heather's contract?)

I imagine that SHE thinks she is oh-so New York (whatever that means) and she probably told herself that when they didn't want her for Season 2.

Terry is desperate to be on tv, any show will do!  I think that he believes himself to be a real cut-up, and a star!  It is strange though, I mean, he is a successful doctor, isn't that enough?

• Love 4

They were all at an insurance seminar, staying in a hotel.  Vicki, her sister, and some other guy, were under the covers watching a movie. Lauri walked in and saw them.  Then, 8 years later, tried to make this all into a "thing" about Vicki and infidelity.  It is weak at best.  

I have seen only what has been on the show about Vicki and her insurance traveling and I can completely believe she would be like "Lets all watch a movie together we're a big happy insurance family! Woo hoo!" and I completely get it, and have no trouble believing this was 100% innocent.  Lauri is lame for reaching and going there with this.  Her and Gretchen both looked idiotic for what they tried to do.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I imagine that SHE thinks she is oh-so New York (whatever that means) and she probably told herself that when they didn't want her for Season 2.

Terry is desperate to be on tv, any show will do!  I think that he believes himself to be a real cut-up, and a star!  It is strange though, I mean, he is a successful doctor, isn't that enough?

That might not be enough for Terry, he loved being on that stupid Swan Show as well plus I doubt he makes enough as a plastic surgeon to build and maintain his newly built Marriott.

She does have a New York way about her, imo. Her wardrobe and her personal style is very Scarsdale . Her love for her newly found wealth however is OC all the way, imo.

• Love 2

All the posts about Heather make me wish Bravo would have a staged party  that she is required to attend. Then when she arrives the venue is full of Jesus Barbie lookalikes with bedazzled bibles. Then, when eating, each barbie (along with Kathryn of Southern charm.) All tell her each of her faults. Fire and brimstone.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, What In The said:

All the posts about Heather make me wish Bravo would have a staged party  that she is required to attend. Then when she arrives the venue is full of Jesus Barbie lookalikes with bedazzled bibles. Then, when eating, each barbie (along with Kathryn of Southern charm.) All tell her each of her faults. Fire and brimstone.

This sounds terrifying and awesome, a great horror movie!  You need to write the screenplay.

• Love 1
On June 14, 2016 at 7:29 PM, MatildaMoody said:

This special connected a lot of dots for me. I never liked Heather, and now I know why. I don't care that she was faking how happy she was in her marriage, I think 90 percent of people do that on Facebook every day. I hated the fact that she came in gunning for Alexis. Mind you, I was never a fan of Alexis, but I always saw her as harmless when compared to the other women.

I wouldn't wish her husband or marriage on anyone, but she seemed happy and it always seemed that her being happy in her situation (believing whatever Jim told her and repeating it as gospel) really pissed off the other women. I could see the other women being annoyed by her, but to the degree that Heather, Tamra, and finally Gretchen went after her was totally out of proportion to anything she had said or done to them. 

But, knowing that the real reason Heather came so hard at Alexis time again was because she wanted her own friend to be cast on the show, finally makes everything fall into place. It also make sense why Heather came so hard at Shannon in Shannon's first season. On paper, the two of them had enough wealth and status to put both Tamra and Vicki in check, and yet Heather seemed to take an instant dislike to Shannon. Now, I see it was because she was pissed that even after Alexis was gone, they still didn't bring on Heather's friend. 

While, I now know why I immediately disliked Heather, I kind of feel bad for her now too. Did I hear right that Terry forged Heather's signature for the show? Because that is some fucked up shit right there. And then, he threw divorce on the table if she quit the show? And Heather was getting flack on social media for not providing him onion rings at t a party that he didn't even plan? Wow! I've always thought Terry was a douche, but that is way beyond - especially, since he never defended Heather on social media about that, and instead used it to build his own TV aspirations. Seeing all of the fucked up behind the scenes stuff was pretty amazing considering the way the story lines played out on the show. 

Right on. I have always despised Madame Puppet and never thought of her as "classy" OR smart. She's just another sad, lame, corny reality ho. It's funny, though, because these past few days, when I hear her condescendingly bark, "Nobody's life is perfect, but mine's pretty close," I feel an overwhelming sadness. Maybe it's like you said. Now that we know what a hypocritical, lying sack of shit she is--AND, that in REALITY, her marriage isn't very much different from being married to Taliban Jim, I feel really sorry for her.  I had heard before that her fugly famewhoring husband MADE her do the show, but I'm SO glad that the real truth is out now. Even before that, I've been praying that Horrible Heather gets the comedown this year. More so than any other howife I can think of, she seems to have gotten the most slack from the producers. She's such a nasty piece of work. 

• Love 5

Heather: The Jesus Barbies close their bibles and stare intensly at her. She opens her mouth. I am sorry but you are ALL wrong. I am an actress married to the top paid surgeon in the country. Now, get yourselves together or you all may leave!

Kathryn: Chews a bow made of sugar before rolling her eyes. Shut up you sound like two dolphins being killed under a blanket. By the way your cake sucked.

as Heather runs out the barbies chant in unison. "It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than a rich person to go to heaven.

• Love 4
32 minutes ago, StevieRocks said:

Even before that, I've been praying that Horrible Heather gets the comedown this year. More so than any other howife I can think of, she seems to have gotten the most slack from the producers. She's such a nasty piece of work. 

Do you think she will get the bitch-edit this season??  I have been praying for it.

28 minutes ago, What In The said:

Heather: The Jesus Barbies close their bibles and stare intensly at her. She opens her mouth. I am sorry but you are ALL wrong. I am an actress married to the top paid surgeon in the country. Now, get yourselves together or you all may leave!

Kathryn: Chews a bow made of sugar before rolling her eyes. Shut up you sound like two dolphins being killed under a blanket. By the way your cake sucked.

as Heather runs out the barbies chant in unison. "It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than a rich person to go to heaven.

Love this! 

• Love 2

I do think Heather had a pretty rough season when Shannon first came on. She got a lot of backlash. Was it a full-on takedown like Alexis in Costa Rica? No, but let's be honest, that will never happen (though it would be so delicious if it did!). It would be interesting to see how she would react. Especially if they brought Alexis back at the reunion to condescendingly say, "Heather, when multiple people express their opinions, it's not a gang up!"

• Love 3

season 9 was full on bitch edit...and the eay Shannon dismantled her at the reunion was great.   Still the way Lydia slyly handled her in season 8 and during the reuniom wad even better (using heathers techniques)

• Love 4