Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E10: Fatherland

12 hours ago, supposebly said:

What happened with Ramse's eyebrow? This show is so dark, sometimes, I can't see what's happening.

To me, it looked like torturer-dude was sticking his fingernail into it hard. Like, drawing blood hard. Except Ramse looked fine once the guy took his finger away.

But maybe I wasn't seeing it right. The 1961 scenes seemed particularly washed-out/ muted in color.

To be fair, Olivia was wearing wedges (not regular heel) which are very sturdy and stable.

Still an unnatural position to put hips, ankles and soles in, especially when walking. You can still twist your ankle, which is a lot harder when in flats. Sorry, this stuff bugs the hell out of me.

• Love 4

I thought that Olivia was pissed at the Witness because whereas she had been his #1, so to speak, now her job seems to have gone to the Pallid Man. The Witness seems to have allowed him to take over. Which is why I thought she was pissed at the Witness, his lack of loyalty and reward for her past services & importance in his eyes. Like, no longer being daddy's favorite child.

I have no idea how true any of this is, just my interpretation.

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, kat165 said:

I thought that Olivia was pissed at the Witness because whereas she had been his #1, so to speak, now her job seems to have gone to the Pallid Man. The Witness seems to have allowed him to take over. Which is why I thought she was pissed at the Witness, his lack of loyalty and reward for her past services & importance in his eyes. Like, no longer being daddy's favorite child.

I have no idea how true any of this is, just my interpretation.

This had been my interpretation, too. Her mom told her the Witness would always take care of her but when she was injured, he just turned everything over to her condescending, bitter older brother. Plus, Olivia spent her life believing the Witness knew everything about the future and yet Cole didn't disappear into obscurity, Ramse lived, the plague was delayed. That is surely also playing into her disillusion with the cause she'd given her life to.

• Love 6

To be fair, Olivia was wearing wedges (not regular heel) which are very sturdy and stable.

Still an unnatural position to put hips, ankles and soles in, especially when walking. You can still twist your ankle, which is a lot harder when in flats. Sorry, this stuff bugs the hell out of me.

It really depend what you're used to. When I was in college, I had an off campus job office job with a regular business dress code (not business casual). I bought one pair of 3" heels as my work shoes so I wore them to school in the morning and then to work in the afternoon. I could run uphill across campus in those shoes (while wearing a heavy backpack) because I was so used to wearing heels at the time. After college, I got a job where I could wear whatever I want so I never wear heels anymore which means on the rare occasions I wear them for weddings, parties, etc. my feet get tired after about half an hour. Hard to believe that I used to wear heels for 10+ hours a day and it didn't bother me at all back then! The hilarious thing is that because I used to be a dancer, people think I'm super coordinated but I am a total klutz. I walk into doorways, trip over cracks in the sidewalk, etc. In my very clumsy lifetime, I have twisted my ankle in flats more times than I've done it in heels, wedges, platforms, etc. I have no idea why. You'd think that any sort of non-flat shoe would just exacerbate my clumsiness but apparently I am a freak of nature because it seems that the opposite is true!

On 6/25/2016 at 10:08 AM, dargosmydaddy said:
On 6/24/2016 at 9:42 PM, supposebly said:

What happened with Ramse's eyebrow? This show is so dark, sometimes, I can't see what's happening.

On 6/25/2016 at 10:08 AM, dargosmydaddy said:

To me, it looked like torturer-dude was sticking his fingernail into it hard. Like, drawing blood hard. Except Ramse looked fine once the guy took his finger away.

But maybe I wasn't seeing it right. The 1961 scenes seemed particularly washed-out/ muted in color.

How I saw it was Ramse had a gash above his eyebrow. The guy dug his finger/fingernail into the open wound to cause pain.