Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E01: Tick-Tock, Bitches

Yeah I don't even remember what happened either. I can't believe they are now trying to make Emison a thing. The. Hell? And everything last season had nothing indicating Ali killed Charlotte but whatever, logistics don't count on this show anymore.

• Love 1

I think the writers' "master plan" is pandering to shippers as much as possible and hoping no one notices the lack of coherent plot or characterization. I refuse to believe that even Aria would be self-involved enough to discuss her love life in depth when her friend was (supposedly) about to be murdered. Ditto for Emily's completely random erotic flashback.

So the proof Elliot was looking for was in his house all along? Yes, Spencer this new A is so much smarter than the previous ones. Not. Or he isn't the one who kidnapped Hanna? I wish I cared enough to make a distinction between the random cartoonish villains.

I like the idea of the Spencer/Hanna scene but the dialogue was atrocious. Simply atrocious. Hanna doesn't need Dream!Spencer to remind her that exits are a thing that exists, you know.

Are we ever going to get an even slightly plausible reason as to why this A.D. thinks any of the Liars know who killed Charlotte? It's kind of important. you know.

Why would Spencer send Aria a-Spencering while she would remain home busy with the important tasks of eating pickles? Out of character much?

• Love 8
(edited)

Have the liar even considered why this new A is signing texts as A.D.? They know Ali's initials are AD but as devious as Ali has been in the past, I doubt that she set this all up just so the girls would figure out that Dr. Wrollins and Jessica 2.0 are being mean to her so that the PLL will rescue her and give her more sympathy. So what does A.D. stand for? Apple Dumplings? A Dick? Anno Domini? Angry Dog (Pepe is pissed that the entire family has forgotten about him)?

It's VERY unlikely that Alison killed Charlotte. There is the possibility that it was an accident or self defense (which I could see if Charlotte lost it and started attacking Ali). Or hey, maybe Ali is so cunning that she decided to play a very long game. She would visit Charlotte every week at the institution for five years, plead with her friends and a judge to get Charlotte released, and then kill her.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 2

How did the barista from the coffee shop make the previouslies ?  She up and diappeared like a fart in the wind after 3 or 4 episodes last season.

I don't buy for a moment that these 3 PLLS dug anything - for starters they are too clean, they aren't sweating at all.

Really ?  They are still sticking with the whole funeral-themed intro.  And Alison seems to be getting even larger compared to the other PLLs.

So the "4 Days Earlier" refers to 4 days before the PLLs were digging that grave, but zero time has elapsed since the events of 6B.

So the body in the church is someone else with a sup-duper deluxe Hannah mask on, and just happens to have a similar body type.  I like how Emily proclaims that Hannah is dead but no one even checks for a pulse first. FFS !  And it's a doll.  A life-size doll complete with pull-string message.  Man this show is stupid.  And according to Caleb's phone is is 4:01am and they have 24 hours.

Since there are only 23 hours left, yet the sun is already up with Spencer texting in her kitchen.  How the fuck does that work ?  
Seriously, based on the light outside it's mid-morning yet it's supposed to be 5am.  Do the writers even know how time works ?  And how come none of them are even remotely tired from being up all night.

Spencer's parents are going on a post-election victory cruise -- WTF ?  Who does that ?

Hannah is trapped in the ramshackle shack of doom.  There's a hole in the roof and a window on the 2nd floor, why doesn't she just climb out ?  Thanks to A.D. for putting Hannah in her underwear, but was Hannah standing while unconscious ?  This seemed to be the first moment that she was aware that she was trapped in that place.  Who stands while unconscious ?  Is Hannah part horse ?  Horses sleep standing up.

Why are they casting anonymous ballots a la 12 Angry Men ?  They are all sitting around the table so why don't they just tell each other ? FFS !  These writers really are just plain terrible.

And this deliberation scene about Charlotte's "real killer" is just painful to watch.  This is the worst episode of Scooby-Doo mysteries I've ever seen.

Do they really offer tactical lock opening courses at the Academy ?  And would Toby really even remember that considering it was over 5 years ago ?  Do the writers even remember that that was over 5 years ago ?

That "Lethal Dose of guilt" still makes me laugh -- it's just so stupid.

18:06 remains, which means it is now 10am in Rosewood.  So the PLLs et al already pissed away 6 hours.

While Spencer and Toby search Mary Drake's room at the motel, we learn that Spencer is now fluent in 4 languages and nearly a 5th -- I'm sure that will come in handy later on this season.

And we learn from Mary Drake's passport that she flew from England to Philly a month ago, right before Charlotte died.  So the PLLs have been back in Rosewood for nearly 3 weeks.  Really ?  3 weeks went by in 6B.

Why would Aria be going through Alison's panty drawer exactly ?  What kind of clues did she expect to find there ?  

Why would Elliot be coming home in the middle of the day ?  That makes no sense. I guess to do something evil.  He casually retrieves the key to the chest from the lamp on the wall as Ezria hides in the closet and hold hands.

Do doctor's really carry around their tools like that in their medical bag ?  And how did Elliott know that someone was in the closet ?  Let alone how did Ezria get out that window -- that window didn't have the capacity to even open ?  Look at it -- there's no way that window could open.  Was there a bench of convenience under that window that Ezria were sitting on ?

It's a good thing that there isn't a ticking clock or anything important to save Hannah's life because Spencer is making lunch.  WTF ?  Spencer calls Caleb and he blows her off and she seems a little pissed -- because Caleb is laser focused on finding Hannah and Spencer is fucking making lunch.

Mona is back to her bluesnarfing ways only somehow she has gotten worse at it -- how is that possible ?  Technology should have IMPROVED in the last 5 years.  Mary Drake is buying everything you need to cover up a murder from the hardware store -- which every hardware store in Rosewood must stock because they have so many murder coverups ?

What is with the neon green video of Hannah getting hosed down ?  That's not how night vision goggles (NVGs) look.  So AD/Emoji-A/whoever is in the room with Hannah and tasers her after soaking her, but the taser sound effect is incredibly underwhelming.

And despite the fact that Spencer was just making lunch it is dark already which means they have less than 8 hours left to find Hannah, as Caleb and Mona track Mary Drake's van.  How does Mary drake not know she is being tailed -- they are the only 2 vehicles on this backwoods road ?

How does it take all day to drive from the Rosewood hardware store to Alison's house ? That means that they have been driving for at least 6 or 7 hours.  What happened to the street in front of Spencer's house ?  Wasn't it paved, or was that the back entrance ?  If it was the back entrance, how were Spencer's and the DiLaurentis house side by side ?

Mary Drake is dropping by Spencer's house to visit her parents -- who are on a cruise, ok we get it, we won't see them for most of this season -- and Spencer offers to make her tea. Here's the thing, before Spencer answers the door she is still reading Mary Drake's file -- and apparently has been reading this file since lunch since it is dark out now.

Now that it's dark out, and Alison has calmed down, the nurse is letting Emily in to see Alison.  So Emily has been at the hospital all day ?  Seriously, is no one actively trying to find Charlotte's killer to try and save Hannah because they only have a handful of hours left.  Seriously, this "ticking clock" thing that they hyped in the promos is just bullshit.

And as Emily ever so quietly asks an unconscious Alison if she killed Charlotte, Alison dramatically and suddenly awakes -- and prattles on about god forgiving and god please help her.  Sure, whatever. God's in the tub Alison, you might want to try asking your friend who is right beside you for help.

Do the writers on this show just not know how clocks work ?  Because it is now 07:52:29 on the countdown clock, making it around 8:18pm.  Seriously, the PLLs have pissed away 2/3 of the 24 hours doing nothing.  Smell ya later Hannah !

Wow that conversation between Spencer and Mary was awkward.   Is there anyone else who thinks with all this talk of twins think that it was Mary Drake in that grave and this is actually Mrs. D pretending to be Mary Drake ?  Really, could Mary Drake BE any creepier ?

Emily is acting all distant and aloof to Aria and then lies to her about Alison.  Oh nooees !!!  What could that be about ?

And Barista girl is back. What the hell is Emily talking about ?  And why is she all verklempt about it now ?  But hurray for Barista girl and her lemon bars.  I'm sure they'll probably bang as well.

So, Mona and Caleb are still tailing Mary Drake -- from the hardware store to Spencer's house to the motel ?  How has Mary not noticed this vehicle stalking her every move for the last 8-10 hours ?  Plus it is sitting within eyesight of her motel.

Hannah dreams of Spencer and Spencer's wise words.  Or is it someone in a Spencer mask ?  Is it wrong that I wanted Hannah and Dream Spencer to make out -- hey, it's a dream ?

Aria gets the assignment to go find a British or Aussie sounding guy at a pub near Hollister.  Aria can't find him in like 5 minutes, so she bails and goes straight back to Ezra to bang.  

So they literally have only hours to find Hannah and Aria has already completely forgot that to go bang Ezra. Emily is spending quality time with Barista girl, Spencer is sitting at home, and Caleb and Mona are stalking Mary Drake -- so who's looking for Charlotte's real killer ?  Apparently no one.

Emily is done with Barista girl and her lemon squares and breaks into Alison's house to find Elliott sleeping on the couch.  And we get a clock showing that it is 2:37am -- only an hour and 28 minutes left to save Hannah.  And there is absolutely no sense of urgency by any of the PLLs.  Toby hasn't been seen in 12 hours, not sure what he's up to.

Emily goes into the master bedroom and we get to hear Alison's top 10 praises of Emily set to a cover of 'Every Breath You Take' by the Police.  Wait a tick -- is the master bedroom in the DiLaurentis house Alison's old bedroom ?  Because I thought this was a new house.  And they have so little new material we get an extended replay of Emison making out from 2 seasons ago.  For some reason, Alison has several boxes of old clothes destined for Goodwill and Emily takes it up on herself to open and go digging through it to find a red sweater.  I don't get the significance of the red sweater at all, let alone how it ties into what Alison did.

And we are back to Hannah in her undies, looking for a way out.

Wait -- it's 20 after 3 in the morning, Aria and Ezra finished banging and drove over to Spencer's house.

How did Emily jump from 'God forgive me' to Alison confessing to killing Charlotte ?  What in the fuck is that about ?  She didn't do that at all. Did I miss a scene ?  Or did Alison say this all off camera -- which is rather convenient.  And then Emily dumps the red sweater on the countertop -- and no one really seems all that shocked about the reveal.  No real response at all.

if the producers are going to have a ticking clock on the screen, don't fuck it up like they just did.  They show the clock at 38:02,  1 minute and 3 seconds go by and cuts to commercial, but when we come back the clock shows 37:03 and apparently they have gone over the plan several times during the commercial break but Emily wants to go over it "one more time".   Which means that several minutes elapsed from before the commercial break to after the commercial break, but the clock shows that only a minute elapsed.

Then Caleb bolts with the red sweater and drops it off in front of the Lost Woods motel like an offering, and calls Mona to confirm where she is tailing Mary Drake.  Does Mary Drake ever sleep ?  Do the PLLs sleep, because they have been up for 48 hours straight and none of them are even remotely tired.

And as the clock strikes zero -- at what we guess must be 4:01am, someone in a hazmat suit with NVGs opens the barn door to find Hannah has escaped -- and we get some excellent scenes running through the woods in her undies.  Thank you producers.

Hannah runs onto the road and flags down a car driven by Mary Drake -- how many vehicles does Mary Drake own ?  She has a van that she was driving all day and has a car.  

Person in the hazmat suit walks from the barn to the Lost Woods motel and puts the red sweater in a plastic bag.  Within walking distance of the motel.

Caleb returns to Spencer's house where everyone else nonchalantly sits around not giving two shits about saving Hannah.  Their concern really is underwhelming.

How is the red sweater evidence of Alison being the killer ?  It's not that I don't know, it's more like I just don't care.

Elliott shows up shortly after 4am to visit Alison --  and inject with something to drive her crazy because he knows she killed Charlotte.  This show is fucking ridiculous.

• Love 8

I'm going to concentrate on the good:  I loved all of the girls' and Caleb's horrified reactions at seeing Hanna "dead"--very realistic and I fully believe that these girls are friends and clearly love each other.  I also loved Hanna's dream sequence with Spencer and how much she took comfort from Spencer's presence--I particularly liked that dream Spencer helped calm Hanna down and to focus on escaping.  Mona and Caleb cracked me up because they are both so intense and tech savvy--two super smart people determined to save someone they love.

I kind of hope the show backs away from the Spencer/Caleb paring because it truly does no one any favors and if the writers are going to have Caleb being so desperate to get Hanna back, then they need to have Spencer just walking away because I can not deal with an actual triangle, plus there's Hanna's fiance to think about as well.  It's a complete mess and I want it resolved to where the girls are friends again.

• Love 2

Why does this show only have that one woods set with those same five trees and that one clearing? Because seriously, that was the exact damn clearing in the exact same someone's backyard that they were all running around in last season when they went to that shit shack in the woods, and it's the exact same clearing Ali ran through to get to the dollhouse, and it's the exact same clearing by Ezra's stalker cabin, all of which were clearly the same cabin. Seriously, why don't these people just go back to the murder cabin from before and fetch Hanna, because Rosewood clearly only has one murder cabin.

I about died laughing at these idiots messing around with shovels again. Don't they know that's a felony in Rosewood? You'd think Toby would have reminded them, at least. Hell, you'd think they'd remember what happened last time they got busted with shovels. In fact, where did they even get the shovels? Do they even sell shovels in Rosewood? Is it legal? You'd think it would be at least a misdemeanor, like illegal distribution of digging implements, or something.

• Love 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Have the liar even considered why this new A is signing texts as A.D.? They know Ali's initials are AD but as devious as Ali has been in the past, I doubt that she set this all up just so the girls would figure out that Dr. Wrollins and Jessica 2.0 are being mean to her so that the PLL will rescue her and give her more sympathy. So what does A.D. stand for? Apple Dumplings? A Dick? Anno Domini? Angry Dog (Pepe is pissed that the entire family has forgotten about him)?

It's VERY unlikely that Alison killed Charlotte. There is the possibility that it was an accident or self defense (which I could see if Charlotte lost it and started attacking Ali). Or hey, maybe Ali is so cunning that she decided to play a very long game. She would visit Charlotte every week at the institution for five years, plead with her friends and a judge to get Charlotte released, and then kill her.

I would love if A.D. is in fact Alison but she knew the girls were too stupid to figure it out so she was like, "eh fuck it, I'll just use my own initials."

Last season I actually suspected Alison of killing Charlotte. I thought Alison might have caught Charlotte up to her old tricks after her release, like maybe Ali found her surveilling the girls and plotting to hurt them again, and so she followed her to the Church to confront her and a struggle ensued and Charlotte died as a result. But now that the liars think Alison killed Charlotte, I'm starting to doubt myself because it's way too early for them to be right. 

Also the group's attempt at finding Charlotte's killer basically consisted of them writing whatever name popped into their head on a piece of paper and playing majority rules. Rollins put the idea that Alison was suffering from "lethal dose of guilt" into Emily's head and then Alison, obviously drugged and delirious, started rambling about guilt and forgiveness in her sleep so of course Emily was convinced. Then the rest of those dummies were like, "if Ali has a red jacket, she's obviously murdered her sister!" But what happened to checking to see if Charlotte's blood was on the jacket? What if Ali just likes the color red and and happens to also own a red jacket? She has a history of being fond of red coats.

Before you turn your supposed friend over to a lunatic who wants to kill her, maybe take a second to be sure you're not wrong again? I mean they were wrong about Alison killing before and about pretty much everything else. And then Spencer and Aria comforted themselves by saying Alison is safe inside the mental hospital, because clearly A.D. is a reasonable person who is going to respect the rules of the hospital and never dare trespass or anything. 

Edited by SadieT
  • Love 3

Snerk. So Uber A, allegedly the smartest A ever, is relying on the dimwit PLLs and their hangers-on to solve the mystery of who killed Charlotte. And of course the way they do it is to take a vote of who did it, and then focus exclusively on the one that only got a bare majority of the votes. They were lucky to have found some piece of evidence that pointed at her, because where would they have been otherwise? Of all the stupid sherlocking we've seen in 6 years plus on this show, that just might have been the very stupidest. They should all sign up to join Toby at the Rosewood PD, because they clearly meet that department's standards for shoddy thinking.

But I do appreciate Marlene King getting one question out of the way in the premiere: It's Emison, bitches. I'm all for that, despite the extended separation that happened pretty much right after they slept together two seasons ago, because Emison never had closure and because I'm hating every single other couple on this show right now. Emison lost some momentum due to the separation but I don't hate them, individually or together, so, I'll take it. It's interesting that now that the show is ooo, more "adult" the flashbacks were actually of a slightly extended sex scene from what originally aired (and even that was still quite tame in comparison with the explicit Ezaria sex that it was juxtaposed with originally - the network has always had a double standard for Emily's sex scenes versus the straight pairings).

I'm sure I'm wrong, but so often these "dreams" and "visions" aren't dreams/visions at all (supposedly dead Ali's visits to the PLLs in the first few seasons, Ali seeing her mother last season, etc.) that I'm feeling a little suspicious of Spencer right now.

• Love 2

Maybe dream Spencer is real Spencer and the Spencer with the bangs is her EVIL TWIN?!?!?  Because, am I the only one not liking Spencer's bangs? I find them kind of awful. 

I hate Emison. Also, I thought Emily and Ali only made out five years ago? Is the show rewriting history and I'm missing it?..either way, Emison is awful to me.

'Angry Dog' being Pepe is also. I miss him. And Tipi the bird. I sincerely hope those two are off and far away from this show. That lucky bird and dog. 

• Love 3

Maybe Mary drugged Hanna and then sent Melissa in to pretend to be Spencer to see if she could get any useful information out of her. You know, because Melissa and Spencer look like twins according to Mary.

Since Mary's (and Charlotte's) last name is Drake, maybe A.D. stands for Another Drake. That seems too boring. How about Antonio Drake?

I think Elliot just used that lame "lethal dose of guilt" line to plant the seed of doubt in Emily's head that Alison did something bad. He knows that Alison loves the PLLs so he wants them to start suspecting that Alison has been up to her old habits in order to turn them against them (or at the very least to turn them away from her). That way not only is she stuck in the hospital but they won't come visit her. He seems pretty determined to make her suffer for a long time so isolating her from her only friends seems like an important step there.

And then Spencer and Aria comforted themselves by saying Alison is safe inside the mental hospital, because clearly A.D. is a reasonable person who is going to respect the rules of the hospital and never dare trespass or anything.

And it's not like anyone they know who ever snuck in and out of a mental hospital repeatedly.

I would love if A.D. is in fact Alison but she knew the girls were too stupid to figure it out so she was like, "eh fuck it, I'll just use my own initials."

Given that Alison has seen first hand how bad the girls are at figuring out who the various murderers and stalkers of Rosewood are, it's entirely possible!

New theory: Tippi escaped and has teamed up with Pepe to screw with everyone out of boredom.

• Love 4
(edited)

Well Tippi does sound just like Ali. At least according to the show. To me it just.. Sounded like a bird. But this means Tippi could screw with the characters.

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Also, I thought Emily and Ali only made out five years ago? Is the show rewriting history and I'm missing it?

No they just used additional footage from the original scene which shows more clearly that they had sex. But ABCfamily made them cut down the scene when it originally aired so it looked more ambiguous, which is a rather glaring double standard considering how tame it was compared to the image of naked Aria straddling her English teacher in bed.  

• Love 3

I still can't get over Ezria's lack of followup on Rollins' sketchy mc'sketcherton nonsense when they were hidden in the closet. Also, seriously, he locks up his black hoodies but not his FREAKING BONE SAW? Never change, Rosewood. Never change.

I especially loved Aria totally squandering the one lead they had to go bang Ezra. Like, girl, Mona and Caleb spent ALL NIGHT stalking what's her face to get that lead, and you're going to peace out on it because of one schmoopy song and an ignored call from your boyfriend? Girl. GIRL. Can't you wait like ten minutes? TEN. MINUTES.

Clearly Aria wins this episode by a LANDSLIDE. Second place has to go to Mona and Caleb, for their godly car-following skillz that clearly caused Mary Drake to change destinations BECAUSE SERIOUSLY ZOMG YOU ARE THE WORST AT THIS MONA I EXPECT BETTER PLEASE BRING YOUR A GAME NEXT TIME AND I MEAN THAT LITERALLY THX. Honorable mention to Spencer the sandwich maker and tea server for sidelining her own self for no valid reason except, well, reasons, I guess. Also, when sketchy people come to your house and ask if your parents are home, definitely DEFINITELY never say they are out of town, don't they teach you that in like kindergarten? Seriously, ugh.

• Love 4

I wasn't aware that the flashback scene was extended. And I don't care. Mostly because Emison is messed up. They give me the same feelings I have when I have to deal with Ezra and Aria. Not good ones. Ali was AWFUL to Emily. More than once. Not as bad as she was in the books which I also read but not someone I would be all, "That's true love, you guys" , it's an awful relationship. I cannot believe the romantic ships viewers want with this show.

At this point, this whole show is kind of silly. Which if I'm being fairly honest, when I started watching seven years ago, I assumed it would be a silly show but then it surprised me and now it is actually what I always expected it to be. So.. that's kind of sad. I feel like when we find out who AD is, it may be worse than the grasping at straws that they half did when making Charlotte A. 

• Love 7

I hope AD turn out to be A Dolphin making chirpy Flipper noises at everyone. That would make just about as much sense as what's happened in the last few seasons.

Heh, I was remembering my Stranger Danger lessons from elementary school when Spencer invited Mary inside for tea. Hey, this total stranger who now owns the shady ass motel where your friend was just kidnapped a few hours ago knocks on your door late at night so by all means, invite her in after informing her that you are all alone in the house. That seems like a safe and logical thing to do. It's Spencer so I know she thought she would have the opportunity to do some bonus Spencering, but gawd.

• Love 4

I find it rather amusing that an episode that included such a weirdly placed fanservice Emison scene also had Emily throwing Alison under the bus based on some really flimsy evidence. At this point I can't decide if the writers are aware how toxic most relationships in this show are and are trolling the shippers as part of the pandering to them or they are just really terrible at writing romance.

But ABCfamily made them cut down the scene when it originally aired so it looked more ambiguous, which is a rather glaring double standard considering how tame it was compared to the image of naked Aria straddling her English teacher in bed.  

I still suspect Marlene and pals made the sex scene vague on purpose so as not to piss off Emily/somebody else or Alison/somebody else shippers. It's pretty simple to make it clear if a couple has had sex or not, even if you aren't allowed to show much in the way of actual, you know, sex. See Chasing Life on the same network, for example. So yes, the double standard is very annoying but I still think Marlene is using that as an excuse.

Also the group's attempt at finding Charlotte's killer basically consisted of them writing whatever name popped into their head on a piece of paper and playing majority rules.

A.D. was presumably monitoring their discussions which begs the question - just how stupid is A.D. if he thinks this bunch of geniuses can help him uncover the truth? Wait, maybe he is playing the long con and is eliminating every suspect that the Liars come up with based on the "these idiots are always wrong" principle.

• Love 2

This show is just so, so bad now. The one moment I enjoyed was Hanna conjuring Spencer up as a form of comfort and strength. Almost everything else seemed so off, I can't really explain it.

Watching Hanna in a tank top and underwear, bruised, beaten down, and locked in a room being tortured, then running thru the woods in a desperate bid to escape, felt like TIIC were trying to pick up more fans, fans that enjoy watching a young woman tortured and then running thru the woods in nothing but a tank and panties. I totally side eyed the tv every time they showed her.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Jack Shaftoe said:

I find it rather amusing that an episode that included such a weirdly placed fanservice Emison scene also had Emily throwing Alison under the bus based on some really flimsy evidence. At this point I can't decide if the writers are aware how toxic most relationships in this show are and are trolling the shippers as part of the pandering to them or they are just really terrible at writing romance.

I think that completely out of place scene was pandering to fans and I wouldn't be surprised if the "closure" Marlene talked about for Emison is that they stay just friends. One hookup that's never talked about again does not a relationship make, no matter how much the shippers want them to be together.  There have been plenty of opportunities for Emison to happen, especially after Paige left and Alison was cleared in Season 5, or anytime in Season 6, and the writers haven't gone there.  Instead they had Alison get married lol.  I'll actually be disappointed if Emison end up together, they're just as toxic as Ezra/Aria.  

• Love 1
10 hours ago, SadieT said:

I want this to happen! When the girls still can't figure it out Ali starts signing everything Allison. Nothing. Allison Delaurentis. Still nothing. She starts putting selfies on her texts so they will know it's her. "OMG Alison has a twin!" Alison finally blows up Rosewood putting them all out of their misery. As she lights the match the girls look at her, sorrowfully, and say they forgive her. She didn't mean any of it. She is just misunderstood.

Of course, what ends up really happening on the show is probably far more far fetched than that.

• Love 2

I hadn't noticed that Andrea Parker had replaced Laura Leighton as a regular in the opening credits. I really don't like that. I don't need to see Mary Drake that often while I want to see Ashley as much as possible. I wonder if Ashley is going to appear at all or will move permanently to the wonderful world known as out of town.

• Love 3
(edited)

It would have been AMAZING if the Goodwill box was just a giant clown car filled with endless yellow tank tops, like some lame magician's trick. I mean, I know the nonsense director was already working overtime this week, but dude. DUDE.

Edited by Lii
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Lii said:

It would have been AMAZING if the Goodwill box was just a giant clown car filled with endless yellow tank tops, like some lame magician's trick. I mean, I know the nonsense director was already working overtime this week, but dude. DUDE.

Ha! Or Black hoodies or endless red coats and face masks. If only this show didn't take it as serious as it does at this point. In the golden seasons, taking itself serious wasn't such a problem but it has become such a problem that I wish the show would stop trying and get in on a joke. 

And since LL is not a series regular, I hope Ashley is  at a winery now, because we all know her true love is wine, despite her slip in part B of last season with another liquor of choice. 

• Love 3
23 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

I want this to happen! When the girls still can't figure it out Ali starts signing everything Allison. Nothing. Allison Delaurentis. Still nothing. She starts putting selfies on her texts so they will know it's her. "OMG Alison has a twin!"

And then every week, one of the PLLs will get to say, "Why would someone want us to think that Ali is sending us these texts/photos/threats? Who would do that?"

• Love 3
15 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Ha! Or Black hoodies or endless red coats and face masks. If only this show didn't take it as serious as it does at this point. In the golden seasons, taking itself serious wasn't such a problem but it has become such a problem that I wish the show would stop trying and get in on a joke. 

And since LL is not a series regular, I hope Ashley is  at a winery now, because we all know her true love is wine, despite her slip in part B of last season with another liquor of choice. 

In the glory days of this show, instead of endless wine drinking and sex having we'd be getting chickpea caviar and TVs in the background playing Shovel Emporium commercials during the British news. I mean, when's the last time anyone even wore a yellow tank top? Or got locked in an elevator with dolls made out of snakes? Or stupidly left fingerprints at a crime scene?

• Love 2

I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking Aria just left her mission because that song played. Seriously Aria, you've been given one job in all these years of sleuthing and you can't stay for 10 MINUTES?! Good thing Hanna's life wasn't on the line or anything ....Also you and Ezra clearly saw Dr. British get the key from the light and open and close that trunk yet you aren't suspicious of why it's locked and what he's hiding? And you don't go back after he leaves? 

I could do without Caleb's attitude with Spencer but it seems that relationship will crash and burn as soon as Hanna returns. I like all three and desperately wish the show hadn't gone there but too late. 

I am hanging on but I do really hope this is the last season because all these ridiculous plots, red herrings and new characters who get to be too important to the story have made it impossible to still love it like I used to.  

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Lii said:

MonA is the one true A. All hail, and whatnot. I refuse to recognize any subsequent A. Suck it, shitty A pretenders and hangers-on.

Seriously. The show really did show their hand when they revealed that, because all the others were a giant ball of suck. Although, they could have done some great things with Toby & EzrA but.. the shippers lost their minds. Ugh. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Seriously. The show really did show their hand when they revealed that, because all the others were a giant ball of suck. Although, they could have done some great things with Toby & EzrA but.. the shippers lost their minds. Ugh. 

Oh crap, I actually forgot about EzrA. Way to drop the ball on that one though. Imagine the glory of a MonA & EzrA pairing.  Does this show not like money? Because THAT is the money ship right there, let's be real.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Lii said:

Oh crap, I actually forgot about EzrA. Way to drop the ball on that one though. Imagine the glory of a MonA & EzrA pairing.  Does this show not like money? Because THAT is the money ship right there, let's be real.

Hee, that would be MEzrAmizing! It would be 24/7 surveillance with a side of chickpeas!

• Love 5

*Was anybody else struck by how similar Spencer and Mary look? If she turns out to be a secret mother, I'd buy it.

*Clearly, Mona and Spencer accused each other in the secret ballot. Never change, you beautiful monsters.

*British or Australian guy in the bar. Elliot, Wren or Jordan, Hannah's too-perfect fiancee.

• Love 1

I came in at the scene where they were running up the bell tower, so I missed the opening and didn't realize this was a whole-episode flashback, that was unresolved.  I sincerely hope they're not going to stretch out all of 7A in this 4 day window.

I also missed that Mary Drake now owns the Lost Woods Resort.  Are they going to weasel out and have her presence at the LWR That Night (great, another That Night) be a complete coincidence?  

• Love 1
(edited)

I sincerely hope they're not going to stretch out all of 7A in this 4 day window.

I think they might be and I second your 'no' to that. Also, I guess the show really is forgetting the end of six part A when in the flash forward, Aria, Spencer, Emily, and Hanna-alive and well!- all came running into Ali's classroom saying, "He's here!" or whatever. Unless..that's coming up in this season later? But then.. why are they doing all this stupidness- not a word, but whatever- of having Hanna's life being in danger, the countdown clock, the opening of this episode being the three girls digging a grave for..someone? Makes no sense. I hate this show. 

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 4
47 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

I think they might be and I second your 'no' to that. Also, I guess the show really is forgetting the end of six part A when in the flash forward, Aria, Spencer, Emily, and Hanna-alive and well!- all came running into Ali's classroom saying, "He's here!" or whatever. Unless..that's coming up in this season later? But then.. why are they doing all this stupidness- not a word, but whatever- of having Hanna's life being in danger, the countdown clock, the opening of this episode being the three girls digging a grave for..someone? Makes no sense. I hate this show. 

I'm pretty sure at this point this show hates itself.

At this point I hope the show ultimately ends in a glorious homage to the final season of Buffy, with Caleb summoning all his ghost homies from Ravenswood and Rosewood nuking itself into oblivion. The epilogue is just Spencer's parents coming home from their victory cruise to find a giant crater where their constituency used to be. And Spencer's mom is just like dammit, this is why we worked so hard to make shovels illegal. 

• Love 8
On 6/25/2016 at 1:41 PM, WhosThatGirl said:

Also, I guess the show really is forgetting the end of six part A when in the flash forward, Aria, Spencer, Emily, and Hanna-alive and well!- all came running into Ali's classroom saying, "He's here!" or whatever. Unless..that's coming up in this season later?

Here's an evil thought -- that scene plays out exactly as shown, but is occurring inside Ali's head while she's strapped down in Not!Radley.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, mac123x said:

Here's an evil thought -- that scene plays out exactly as shown, but is occurring inside Ali's head while she's strapped down in Not!Radley.  

They probably are going to do that. Just  manipulate the scene somehow horribly, like they did when They had Charlotte telling Ali of when she first met the girls and how she didn't walk away at first but stayed and listened to them talk about her and the scene looked awful. 

I fear that the term PLL as we know it being over means exactly what we have been suspecting, that the show plans to start in a new herd of liars and like most of you that means goodbye for me. I'm already old enough for this show. 

• Love 1