Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E01: Tick-Tock, Bitches

In the seventh-season premiere, the ladies race to save Hanna following her abduction by Uber A and must hand over evidence revealing Charlotte's real murderer in order to do so.

Promos (these aren't new ones so don't get too excited):

So was Hanna captured while taking a ride-sharing service -- i.e.  'A' was driving an Uber -- and the PLLs have to find Charlotte's "real killer" to get Hanna back.

Gee, you would think with all the resources that 'A' has that they could just find the real killer themselves, so you know this all just a bullshit premise to get the PLLs back in prom dresses or some such nonsense.

• Love 1

Apparently we are going to get one (very short) creepy clip per day until this episode premieres. Let the creepy countdown begin!

The first two of both of Aria and Ezra. I hope we get some other characters in the remaining five since you know I am not here for any of this ridiculous Ezra/Aria twu wuv crap.

7 days:

6 days:

More clips. At this rate, they'll have practically released the whole episode before Tuesday. 

Pretty Little Liars | 7x01 "Tick-Tock Bitches" First 2 Minutes

Pretty Little Liars | 7x01 "Tick-Tock Bitches" Sneak Peek #2

One thing that drives me crazy on tv shows and movies is watching female characters try to run in really high heels so I love that Spencer was holding hers in her hands. She's so practical! Well, this time anyway. We'll just ignore all the times that she was heels for a dance or some other event and she ran!

• Love 2

Wow that two minute clip was so badly acted and written. It's not even plausible that adults would act that way. It's amazing how quickly I've turned on Caleb after the finale. When he corrected Spencer, I'm all, "STFU I don't like you anymore." 

I want Hanna and Spencer to get their friendship back and dump Caleb.

• Love 2

Does Spencer seriously have an Apple Watch?  Also I agree with ottoDbusdriver, "a lethal dose of guilt" has to be the stupidest line this show has ever come up with.  If they actually wanted to do something with the institutionalized Alison story line, why didn't they just play up the fact that mental illness is often genetic?  You know, Cece was institutionalize at the age of like eight, so Ali thinks she a ticking time bomb for a mental breakdown, and one day she's just going to snap and never come back.  I know that's not how mental illness works at least not in the vast majority of cases, but it has to better than were this story line is actually going.  Also Sasha would have gotten to do something other than scream and flail around.  Lastly why does Ali feel guilty?  Was this an actual thing last season that I am forgetting or is it going to get explained?

(edited)
On 6/18/2016 at 11:26 PM, superman1204 said:

Does Spencer seriously have an Apple Watch?

Lastly why does Ali feel guilty?  Was this an actual thing last season that I am forgetting or is it going to get explained?

Both Spencer and Emily have Apple watches. Beause it's 5 years forward and they no longer need to dig through their pockets or bags to read anonymous threats on their phones, they can see them right on their wrists now! 

I assumed Rollins was lying to Emily about Alison feeling guilty, like he was just saying that to dig for information and see if Emily knows anything about Alison maybe knowing more about Charlotte's death. But last season when Ali's husband was wearing dead people's faces to mess with his wife's head, Alison told Ghost Wilden that it (his death, I'm assuming) wasn't her fault or something of the sort, so maybe she did something we don't know about it.

Spoiler

There's supposedly a big twist involving Alison this season so maybe she did kill someone.

Edited by SadieT

Ugh. Just ugh to all of this. Do I HAVE to watch this show still? I can't even snark about this stuff it's so bad. Seriously though, who wears an Apple watch? 

• Love 1

Don't they always let family members medicate each other? I mean, I know I sedate my husband all the time, like when I need to gaslight him or when my secret twin is coming into town or when he's talking too loud during the movie or something.

• Love 15

I didn't understand why dream Spencer didn't have bangs when real Spencer does. If Hanna was dreaming wouldn't the person in the dream look like they currently do instead of 5 years earlier. I know it's a moot point, but  i notice the trivial things.

5 minutes ago, Snappy said:

I didn't understand why dream Spencer didn't have bangs when real Spencer does. If Hanna was dreaming wouldn't the person in the dream look like they currently do instead of 5 years earlier. I know it's a moot point, but  i notice the trivial things.

I initially thought it was Uber-A wearing one of those Faceless Men masks that lets you perfecltly imitate someones appearance down to the height, weight, gender, and build.

• Love 4

If Caleb wasn't already with Spencer, I'd find his obsessive worrying and dickish behaviour to be endearing. As it is, I just find him to be a dick and I dislike that he's so gungho that he can't treat his actual girlfriend a bit better. No matter if Caleb and Hanna kissed not that long ago. So congrats show, you've made me dislike Caleb now. 

Oh look, Ezria holding hands in the closet while almost getting caught by British Rollins. And we have time for another romantic Ezria scene. Oh great. 

Emison...I feel like I just am done with this show because I'm not in tune with any of their romantic relationships, and a lot of characters have suffered for it. I just don't care about Emison. Although I burst out into laughter when they began playing an Every Breath You Take cover. 

It looks like A.D is kind of a perv, with the way they left Hanna in only a small tank top and her underwear. Oh, and they made a face mask to trick the Liars and their little posse with a baby head behind it. Creepy. I did like dream!Spencer, though.

Basically, Hanna's gotten got by Mary Drake, while Rollins has Alison. Great. 

• Love 4

They have 24 hours to find out who killed Charlotte and save Hanna. They think she will die if they don't. Caleb loves Hanna, he will always love Hanna. His reaction is normal. I don't see anything wrong with his first priority being to find Hanna. 

• Love 5

Honestly, I spent last season tuning out the whole Caleb-Spencer relationship because it was basically just coffee and fucking, so I'm okay with the show doing a hard reboot if they just hurry up and do it and don't stretch it out. I know, I know, but seriously, their relationship was gross, so making it go away = for the win, and putting Caleb back with Hanna is also for the win, at least for me, because it lets me make like Caleb+Spencer never happened, so, yeah. Don't mind me. I'm sure the show will stretch it out and make it as tasteless as possible, so I reserve the right to change my mind at any point, just saying.

• Love 5

I knew immediately that “dead Hanna” in the bell tower was going to be a fake out, even after they showed her “dead” face, I was just hoping the liars would pull back the mask to reveal dead Sara Harvey. 

I get that A.D. took Hanna’s clothes to put on the mannequin but there was something really disturbing about seeing her locked in a room in her underwear being tortured. It almost felt too dark for the show. 

The Spanna dream scene was really sweet though. 

Mary Drake seems like she could be a fun villain. 

So I guess Caleb’s just a straight up asshole now? Could he stop snapping at the girls and acting like he’s the only one who cares about Hanna? If he won't disappear for good, I hope Mona at least sticks around to occasionally put him in his place. 

Rollins coming home and putting on the British news to remind us all how British he is made me laugh. 

So the liars think Alison did something which obviously means she didn’t do it because they’re like 0/100 when it comes to getting these things right. 

Is Rollins brainwashing her with all those drugs he keeps injecting into her? The way she responded to Emily saying “kill her” seemed odd. Like she had been triggered by the words. If/when it turns out Alison didn’t kill Charlotte, this will be the second time her friends have falsely accused her of murder, which I guess is just par for the course in all Rosewood relationships. 

I didn’t mind Ezria snooping around together but ugh at them taking time to discuss their relationship when there’s literally a countdown on their friend’s life. Like put a pin in it and talk about that shit when Hanna’s safe, you self-absorbed morons. 

• Love 5
(edited)

Not going to lie that was better than I was expecting, like a lot better.  The plot keep the Lairs (with the exception of Hanna obviously) together for the most part instead of sending them off on random side stories, and pretty much everything that happened was relevant to the plot.  That scene with Hanna and Spencer was so sweet and probably the best moment the show has had in a few seasons.  Even Aria and Ezra were not as bad as normal.  Their interactions felt more like comforting than the normal epic romance shtick they normally go through (I am sure #Ezria4ever or whatever will be back soon, but I will take what I can get).  I mean don't get me wrong, every time someone outside the main cast spoke the dialogue was cringe inducing and the Ali's insanity plot is pretty stupid.  I guess my standards for this show are way too low.

On a side note, does anyone else think the show is trying to be more edgy now that the network is Freeform instead of ABCFamily?  Like the fact Hanna spent the whole episode in her underwear, with and without the fact she was kidnapped and tortured, felt like something we would not have seen before.  Also Aria's comment about hoping Ezra didn't find one of Ali's toys, again felt out of place, at least compared to previous seasons.

Other side note, about Aria's comment about how it was bad enough she had to go through Ali's underwear and she was hoping Ezra did not find a toy, was I the only one who thought that comment sounded kinda forced.  Like they have been friends since they were like 13 or 14, is any of that really a big deal.  I mean personally it would not have phased me if I had to go through a close friends underwear drawer, though maybe its different because my friends and I are all guys.  I am just asking because it felt like the writers wanted to make a sex toy joke because the show is more adult now or whatever, instead of, you know, the comment being something that would actually be said.

Edited by superman1204
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Lii said:

Honestly, I spent last season tuning out the whole Caleb-Spencer relationship because it was basically just coffee and fucking, so I'm okay with the show doing a hard reboot if they just hurry up and do it and don't stretch it out. I know, I know, but seriously, their relationship was gross, so making it go away = for the win, and putting Caleb back with Hanna is also for the win, at least for me, because it lets me make like Caleb+Spencer never happened, so, yeah. Don't mind me. I'm sure the show will stretch it out and make it as tasteless as possible, so I reserve the right to change my mind at any point, just saying.

I never bought Spencer and Caleb either and I always felt like I was on a small island by myself because a lot of people thought they were "so hot" and had so much chemistry and I was kind of eh on them. I mean, they sort of had chemistry but it also felt kind of awkward to me so I normally didn't pay attention. Like you, I didn't notice anything of substance between the two and I always figured the show was going to lead us back to Hanna and Caleb reuniting and/or a Spencer and Toby reunion, so whatever, didn't put much stock into it. 

This wasn't..as bad as last season, both part A and B, but..I'm just kind of over it? I'm not really all that invested and nothing makes sense anymore, so. I don't know.

• Love 7

Everyone else is scrambling trying to find Hanna, meanwhile Aria is like, "I've been at this bar looking for a British guy for 2 minutes by sitting in one spot and doing nothing? Forget this, I need to be with Ezra!"

• Love 14
20 minutes ago, Perfect Xero said:

Everyone else is scrambling trying to find Hanna, meanwhile Aria is like, "I've been at this bar looking for a British guy for 2 minutes by sitting in one spot and doing nothing? Forget this, I need to be with Ezra!"

Well someone at the bar played their magical song! The magical song that was also the code for Ezra's not secret A Cabin, but was his secret research cabin. Aria had to go! ;)

• Love 3
(edited)
4 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

If Caleb wasn't already with Spencer, I'd find his obsessive worrying and dickish behaviour to be endearing. As it is, I just find him to be a dick and I dislike that he's so gungho that he can't treat his actual girlfriend a bit better. No matter if Caleb and Hanna kissed not that long ago. So congrats show, you've made me dislike Caleb now. 

Oh look, Ezria holding hands in the closet while almost getting caught by British Rollins. And we have time for another romantic Ezria scene. Oh great. 

Emison...I feel like I just am done with this show because I'm not in tune with any of their romantic relationships, and a lot of characters have suffered for it. I just don't care about Emison. Although I burst out into laughter when they began playing an Every Breath You Take cover. 

It looks like A.D is kind of a perv, with the way they left Hanna in only a small tank top and her underwear. Oh, and they made a face mask to trick the Liars and their little posse with a baby head behind it. Creepy. I did like dream!Spencer, though.

Basically, Hanna's gotten got by Mary Drake, while Rollins has Alison. Great. 

All of this.  I liked Caleb and Spencer, but I didn't need it.  I liked Caleb and Hanna, and I would have been cool with that even in the wake of Caleb and Spencer if it didn't involve cheating.  What I never imagined is that the show could make both awful with cheating and generalized dickishness.  It's ruining/ed at least two, possibly three of my favorite characters and their respective dynamics.  What they've done to Caleb with it is horrific. Hanna's behavior vis-à-vis Spencer and her fiancé (whose name I cannot remember and apparently neither can Hanna) is also awful. 

But more than that, I hate that it undermined for me what would have otherwise been a beautiful scene with Hanna and Spencer.  the relationship between the girls was always the best part of the show for me.  I would have loved that in a moment of crisis, Hanna wanted and needed Spencer if I didn't know that Hanna had betrayed her the night before.

I also agree with feeling done.  I didn't feel anything during the Emison stuff and I couldn't even be bothered to be annoyed with Ezzzzzria. Oh and look... Toby is still one this show?

Thank heavens for Mona... or maybe not.  Damn her if she keeps me watching this shyte.

Edited by RachelKM
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, SadieT said:

I didn’t mind Ezria snooping around together but ugh at them taking time to discuss their relationship when there’s literally a countdown on their friend’s life. Like put a pin in it and talk about that shit when Hanna’s safe, you self-absorbed morons. 

I kept wanting that little clock to flash on the screen during the Ezria scene, then have them both look down at it and say "Oh yeah - I guess we should get focused back on that."

• Love 3

Did anybody else feel like they were watching a live action Scooby Doo without dogs? Especially with the incredibly stupid Hannah mask, I kept waiting for someone to say "And I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!"

I hope this is the last season, this show is barely treading water.

• Love 8

That "creepy" voice from the doll that was under Fake Dead Hanna... I must've laughed for a minute straight. That was comedy gold.

So is Mary Drake and British Guy (I can't even remember, is he Mary's son/Charlotte's sister?) the only A now? Weren't there two A's the last we knew? Why is Keegan Allen still not a regular? He seems to be on the show as much as anyone.

• Love 1

First of all, there is no way the hospital would let Elliot treat Alison because that is a huge conflict of interest. Besides, Welby has more than one doctor so it shouldn't be necessary for him to treat her.

I would like to know where Elliot and Mary are getting these high quality Mission Impossible level realistic face masks. Even if money is no object, it takes time to cast one so how did AD get one of Hanna quickly enough to then put it on a dummy, drive it back to town, and hang it from the bell tower by 4am when the PLL & co got back to Rosewood?

Thumbs down to the Police cover. I had to live through two long seasons of Grey's Anatomy doing shitty emo cover versions of 80s songs so please do not do the same thing on this show, Marlene.

Is there a reason that Hanna had to be in her underwear while she was being held hostage? I mean, Mary and Elliot have the budget for their super fancy masks but they didn't have like a pair of shorts they could have given her?

I'm so glad that while Hanna is in peril and the countdown clock is ticking, Aria and Ezra have time for discussing their relationship and some quick boning. I also love that the one solid clue they managed to get in 24 hours (not a hunch, not a guess, not grasping at straws, but an actual clue in the location of whoever had just called Mary) and Aria abandons it because she needed to be with Ezra. That alone kind of made me hope Hanna would die just so Aria could feel shitty about totally giving up on finding the person at the bar who had called Mary. On top of that, when they were hiding in Ali's closet, they saw where Elliot got the key for the locked bureau at the end of the bed, so why didn't they sit outside the house and wait for Elliot to leave and then go back and see what else was in that thing? By the way, I love that Elliot has a doctor's bag full of bone saws and other implements of torture.

Didn't Mona bluejack the PLL's phones in past seasons so she could hear everything they were saying? Why isn't she doing that now? During the first call, she said she could only hear what Mary was saying. Did she put a listening device on Mary's shirt? Why else would she only be able to hear Mary's end of the call? During the second call, she said the reception was cutting in and out so all she could tell was that the other person was male and had an accent. So did she switch to some other method of listening to Mary's calls? And why couldn't she hear everything that Elliot was saying? Maybe Mona needs to watch Person of Interest so she can learn to pair phones properly.

I know Ali has done some terrible things, but Em is basing her "Ali killed Charlotte" theory on some unconscious mumbling and a non-descript sweater that Aria saw from a distance in the dark? That's as bad saying anyone with a black hoody must be A.

I was convinced that Dream Spencer was going to be revealed as AD (especially after the look on Spencer's face when Hanna said she didn't know who killed Charlotte). Hey, if Mary and Elliot can afford those fancy masks, they can afford some sort of device that can change your voice to anyone else's.

Since we're going with loose coincidence, I am definitely sure that Mary was the one who killed Ezra's girlfriend because Toby said that Mary had been to Latin America. She was also in London the week before Charlotte died so obviously Melissa was in on it too since she lives in London. Wow, jumping to conclusions without any evidence is so fun! Can I be an honorary PLL now too?

I thought it was kind of funny that Jessica basically told Spencer she was being nosy because she was asking so many questions. Well, let's see. You are the previously unknown twin of my former best friend's mother who was murdered. You claim to know my parents. You say that you have met both my sister and me. You knock on my door uninvited and I am polite enough to offer you tea and then try to make some conversation with a perfect stranger who seems to know about my family but who I didn't know existed until today, but I'm nosy for trying to find out anything about you? Okay then.

Rollins coming home and putting on the British news to remind us all how British he is made me laugh.

Yes, that totally cracked me up too! I was waiting for him start marching around the house waving a Union Jack flag around or something because subtle this show is not. When his accent started morphing in the very last scene with Alison, it reminded me of when Ross had his fake British accent on Friends and he tried phasing it out.

Other side note, about Aria's comment about how it was bad enough she had to go through Ali's underwear and she was hoping Ezra did not find a toy, was I the only one who though that comment sounded kinda forced.  Like they have been friends since they were like 13 or 14, is any of that really a big deal.  I mean personally it would not have phased me if I had to go through a close friends underwear drawer, though maybe its different because my friends and I are all guys.  I am just asking because it felt like the writers wanted to make a sex toy joke because the show is more adult now or whatever, instead of, you know, the comment being something that would actually be said.

I totally get what you're saying on both counts. I think this, along with the constant wine drinking in 6B, is supposed to signal to us that the characters are Grown Ups now. I'm female and I have had to go to a friend's place to pick up clothes (including underwear) before. It didn't bother me in the least. But I can see how Aria felt creepy about pawing through her friend's underwear drawer without Ali's permission or knowledge, especially since they were looking for unspecified clues that would point to her being Charlotte's murderer.

Well someone at the bar played their magical song! The magical song that was also the code for Ezra's not secret A Cabin, but was his secret research cabin. Aria had to go!

Had to go buy some chickpeas, you mean!

British Guy (I can't even remember, is he Mary's son/Charlotte's sister?)

Elliot was Charlotte's doctor when she was institutionalized. According to Mary, he was the only man Charlotte ever loved. I keep waiting for him to be somehow related to Wren.

• Love 4

I was never into the Caleb/Spencer romantic relationship. I always preferred the Caleb/Hanna relationship, but I'm not a fan of the way they are putting Caleb back together with Hanna. I liked Caleb and Spencer's relationship as friends. The same goes for Caleb's relationship with Mona, although in their case it's more frenemies than friends.

• Love 3

Although I hate whenever one of the PLLs is in peril for the sake of drama, Hanna being the one who was taken gives Mona a believable reason to be included in the mission (although ever since we found out she was the one who hit Hanna with her car, I'm still wary of Mona because that bitch will do anything, even hit her BFF with a freaking car!). I was kind of cracking up that it used to be just the core four who would meet and try to figure out what's going on and this season we had SEVEN people trying to piece together who killed Charlotte (and they still did a terrible job).

Wasn't Charlotte wearing a red coat when they found her body? That means there's a good chance that the blonde person who Aria saw outside the church in a red coat was Charlotte, not Ali.

Speaking of people who need to get their eyes checked, why did Mary Drake say that Spencer and Melissa look like twins? Maybe I'm just biased because I've watched this show for six seasons, but I don't think they look like twins at all. They both have brown hair and brown eyes, but that's about it. I think Hanna and Alison could pass more easily for twins than Spencer and Melissa.

Aria cheats on Liam with Ezra and her way of dealing with it is to ignore all of Liam's calls and texts. No, your boyfriend won't find that suspicious at all!

I don't remember what happened at the end of last season with Hanna and Jordan. Are they still engaged? Is he used to not hearing from her for a few days? I'm not a crazy stalker or anything, but if Mr. EB or I are not in the same city, we call each other at least once a day just to check in and see how the other person's day went. If I didn't hear from him for more than 24 hours, I would be worried. Once Hanna is back in Rosewood (because you know the show isn't going to kill her off), is she going to tell Jordan what happened? Or use this as an excuse to break off their engagement? Or just keep it a secret?

• Love 1
4 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I was convinced that Dream Spencer was going to be revealed as AD (especially after the look on Spencer's face when Hanna said she didn't know who killed Charlotte). Hey, if Mary and Elliot can afford those fancy masks, they can afford some sort of device that can change your voice to anyone else's.

I just thought there's a third party who put on those creepy masks and pretended to be Spencer. The hair, in particular, and the editing making it seem like it's actually happening and not in a dream. What if you're right and it was an actual person, but one who was giving hints to help Hanna escape for whatever reason? I'm not eliminating this as an idea.

7 hours ago, RachelKM said:

All of this.  I liked Caleb and Spencer, but I didn't need it.  I liked Caleb and Hanna, and I would have been cool with that even in the wake of Caleb and Spencer if it didn't involve cheating.  What I never imagined is that the show could make both awful with cheating and generalized dickishness.  It's ruining/ed at least two, possibly three of my favorite characters and their respective dynamics.  What they've done to Caleb with it is horrific. Hanna's behavior vis-à-vis Spencer and her fiancé (whose name I cannot remember and apparently neither can Hanna) is also awful. 

Yeah, this. Caleb and Hanna have both turned into assholes because of it. I'm a little worried about Spencer completing the circle. 

5 hours ago, joelene said:

So is Mary Drake and British Guy (I can't even remember, is he Mary's son/Charlotte's sister?) the only A now? Weren't there two A's the last we knew? Why is Keegan Allen still not a regular? He seems to be on the show as much as anyone.

I never even considered that Rollins could be Mary's son. That would make some sense. Plus, he kind of looks like Wren just a little bit....hmmm....Also, wasn't Keegan a regular for, like a couple of seasons before they dropped him back to recurring? 

11 hours ago, MissE said:

They have 24 hours to find out who killed Charlotte and save Hanna. They think she will die if they don't. Caleb loves Hanna, he will always love Hanna. His reaction is normal. I don't see anything wrong with his first priority being to find Hanna. 

It's not the first priority thing that really put me off. I don't mind because most of the girls were set on saving Hanna (ok, really just Caleb, Spencer, Toby and Mona while the others decided to focus on their own love lives). It was Caleb's attitude. Not that I loved this stupid triangle with them in the first place. Caleb/Spencer have chemistry, but I never needed it to go into a relationship form. Plus, it has turned two of my favourite characters into complete assholes. First Hanna and now Caleb. It's just his attitude toward pretty much everyone, but especially Spencer kind of turns me off. I might have even been a bit pissed at him for being mean if Caleb was still dating Hanna. His attitude was just very rude. Even though he's worrying about Hanna and I know he always will, he doesn't have to be so rude about it like he's married to her or something. 

And speaking of, I know they have no actual reason to suspect Rollins right now, but Ezra and Aria saw a hidden key in the light and they see him taking out a bag and stuff something like a black hoodie into it, and they....pretend that never happened? Assume it has nothing to do with Hanna? Man, I miss when Aria was broken up with Ezra and was involved in the figuring out the mystery part. I thought we were past the Ezria Show! 

• Love 5

This show loves pushing the boundaries of the implausible, lol. With the amount of money to support the technology and resources required to pull of this scheme of harassing the girls to find out Charlotte's killer, one would think that you might as well investigate the killer directly rather than spend it on people who you hope to tell you who the killer is. We obviously know that Mary Drake and the doctor are in on this but the show is back to foreshadowing Alison (AD, the mumbling in the hospital). Why would Emily think that the mumbling of a incoherent, drug induced woman is an admission of guilt is beyond me.

• Love 3

If I learned anything from watching PLL the last few years, the show makes the characters alternately stupid and smart when it’s convenient for the plot.

I wondered about Dream Spencer’s lack of bangs.  Maybe to differentiate to the viewer that she was part of Hanna’s dream, or maybe Hanna thinks of the best version of Spencer who she was before she started dating Caleb.   I really enjoyed that scene to show that Hanna would want Spencer to comfort her out of all of the liars.

Speaking of Spencer, when they read out the names of the potential murderers, I thought that Mona was the one who thought Spencer was guilty and vice versa.

So the teaser with them digging the grave takes place 4 days later, so we’ll understand the context in a few episodes? 

I like Mary Drake as a villain – Andrea Parker does creepy really well. 

Could do without #teamEzria or whatever it was.

I wondered about Ashley – does she know that Hanna is missing?  And wouldn’t she be worried about her daughter?

• Love 5

Mary was talking to someone with a British or Aussie accent.  I think we're supposed to intuit that it was Rollins, but maybe that's a misdirect, and Mary was actually talking to Jordan, and he was the one tormenting Hanna in the cabin.  Remember Jordan?  Hanna's fiancé.  The guy with the nice abs and unintelligible dialog.  That could be interesting.  Not interesting story-telling, but interesting in a "what contrived ludicrous and implausible motive will the writers give him to pay off this idiotic twist" kind of way.

6 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Elliot was Charlotte's doctor when she was institutionalized. According to Mary, he was the only man Charlotte ever loved. I keep waiting for him to be somehow related to Wren.

1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

I never even considered that Rollins could be Mary's son. That would make some sense. Plus, he kind of looks like Wren just a little bit....hmmm....

I sincerely hope Rollins isn't Mary's son and also in love with Charlotte because eww.  They already danced on the incest line with Charlotte and Jason.  And Jason and Melissa.  Lets just not go there please.

As far as the Wren resemblance, I'm buying the BrosWatchPLLToo theory that went something like this:

Benji:  Doesn't it seem like this was written to be Wren but they couldn't get the actor so they changed it to this character?  I mean, skeezy psychologist with a British accent that hits on younger girls, that's Wren right?

Marco:  It'll turn out to be his cousin... Rick

Benji:  With a "W".

Hence, Wrick Rollins.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, mac123x said:

Mary was talking to someone with a British or Aussie accent.  I think we're supposed to intuit that it was Rollins, but maybe that's a misdirect, and Mary was actually talking to Jordan, and he was the one tormenting Hanna in the cabin.  Remember Jordan?  Hanna's fiancé.  The guy with the nice abs and unintelligible dialog.  That could be interesting.  Not interesting story-telling, but interesting in a "what contrived ludicrous and implausible motive will the writers give him to pay off this idiotic twist" kind of way.

That thought hadn't even occurred to me.  Honestly, I forgot about Jordan until I started posting last night and even then couldn't recall his name.  But it actually makes sense that Jordan will be made a bad guy to help justify Hanna vacillating using and ignoring him for the last half season into this one.  It wouldn't justify anything for me since Hanna's behavior is her own responsibility and she wouldn't get credit it to a thing she didn't even know.  

Also, every time someone types "Wrick Rollins" (or Rick Wrollins), my brain hears "RickRoll" and there goes an afternoon....

• Love 1
8 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Speaking of people who need to get their eyes checked, why did Mary Drake say that Spencer and Melissa look like twins? Maybe I'm just biased because I've watched this show for six seasons, but I don't think they look like twins at all. They both have brown hair and brown eyes, but that's about it. I think Hanna and Alison could pass more easily for twins than Spencer and Melissa.

Given the way that this show works, I assume that they're setting up Spencer having a secret identical twin, and that's the person who was with Hanna in this episode. Either that or Melissa is running around in a Spencer mask for some reason.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Didn't Mona bluejack the PLL's phones in past seasons so she could hear everything they were saying? Why isn't she doing that now? During the first call, she said she could only hear what Mary was saying. Did she put a listening device on Mary's shirt? Why else would she only be able to hear Mary's end of the call? During the second call, she said the reception was cutting in and out so all she could tell was that the other person was male and had an accent. So did she switch to some other method of listening to Mary's calls? And why couldn't she hear everything that Elliot was saying? Maybe Mona needs to watch Person of Interest so she can learn to pair phones properly.

As I was watching I was making things up to keep myself entertained, so I was hoping that, halfway through her snarking at Caleb Mona would say "oh crap, I forgot to mute my mic".  Then I remembered Mona would never make an amateurish mistake like that, though I did wonder why she was wearing a headset in the first place instead of just having it on a speaker.  I can fanwank that last season she was blue-snarfing the girls' texts, not necessarily listening to live conversations. 

I'm revising my Jordan theory:  I think they included that "sounds British or Aussie" line to set Jordan up as a red herring.  The PLLs will suspect him for an episode or two before they realize that Wrollins is British and get Ali out of the nuthouse.  Eventually they'll discover that this was a double-red herring and Jordan actually is evil!  What a tweeest!

• Love 1

At this point I kind of hope all the characters have a twin.

Its sad how much of a remarkable job the show has done making me hate all of the characters on it. There's not really one I like anymore. They ruined my last three last year and now... I'm just done with it all. I hope this is the last season actually.

• Love 4

I know what you mean. Spencer, Hanna and Caleb were my three favorites in that order. So naturally the show had to put them in the lamest triangle ever so that I now can't stand them.

I swear I watched the enter episode but I can't tell you what happened. I know Mary went to Spencer's house for...reasons and acted creepy. Spencer ignored a pointless text about not letting her in. What was that all about? Something with Ali. Hanna's in her underwear somewhere. There was a doll that had an exact replica of Hanna's face that these idiots took down, manhandled and took too long realizing wasn't an actual human being. Flashbacks to Emison because obviously they are going to be an endgame pairing now. Caleb and Mona hung out in a car. Did they rescue Hanna yet or are we supposed to be in fear all week that they won't? I didn't even notice.

How did this show fall so quickly? I used to love it and now I can barely pay attention.

• Love 5
(edited)

I know what you mean. Spencer, Hanna and Caleb were my three favorites in that order. So naturally the show had to put them in the lamest triangle ever so that I now can't stand them.

I swear I watched the enter episode but I can't tell you what happened. I know Mary went to Spencer's house for...reasons and acted creepy. Spencer ignored a pointless text about not letting her in. What was that all about? Something with Ali. Hanna's in her underwear somewhere. There was a doll that had an exact replica of Hanna's face that these idiots took down, manhandled and took too long realizing wasn't an actual human being. Flashbacks to Emison because obviously they are going to be an endgame pairing now. Caleb and Mona hung out in a car. Did they rescue Hanna yet or are we supposed to be in fear all week that they won't? I didn't even notice.

How did this show fall so quickly? I used to love it and now I can barely pay attention.

This is where I'm at.  If I try, I can recall individual moments of the show; but mostly I can't really recall what, if anything, was discovered or accomplished.  I'm vaguely aware that something was determined by the Liars, et al. to be important about the 10 millionth red coat in this show, but have no idea why it was more important than any other red coat. 

Basically, other than being irritated by the behaviors of various characters (mostly Caleb, with hangover irritation toward Hanna) I just sort of came out of that show with ... nothing.  I have that same feeling you get when you space out reading a book and realize you have no idea what's happened for the last 8 pages. 

Edited by RachelKM
Formatting hell
  • Love 3

I totally forgot about the red coat. Ali was donating it or something which was a really important reveal for some reason. And that's the problem I'm having. I don't know why these things are important or why they are even happening.

• Love 2

They were looking for the coat to see if it had CeCe's blood on it, so I guess we are supposed to think that's what Emily saw on it.

Which I assume has a rational explanation or was planted by Ali's creepy husband. 

What I don't get is why everyone voted that they thought Ali was the killer. Was that even suggested last season? Alison was obsessed with helping CeCe.

• Love 1