Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E16: Crunch time

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, AndySmith said:

I think Dylan set up something where they could both access the funds in the account, maybe they set up a joint company or something like that.

And the account was set up at a different bank, so that way Jim wouldn't know about what happened to Dylan, for story purposes.

Suzanne's bf had a chemical cleanup interest and it wasn't funded. Impressed earnest Dylan set up a business for the ecological work and put him as a benefiary so he can access funds for the work. Kelly and Jim think this shit and the newbies are sketch so Dylan isolates/rebels causing him to give the guy power of attorney over his bank account. Then Suzanne and this idiot con bf kidnap Erica  and disappear. So stupid. 

Im not even sure Erica was Suzanne's child. It could have been like in the grifters or paper moon or a thousand con stories. Just some kid used as the parsley for whatever they're selling and providing legitimacy. 

• Love 1

thanks for the explanation-- I never quite got it.  My guess was that the only real thing was the kid being Suzanne's spawn.  I guess I need things spoon fed to me because I'd like to know how Suzanne knew Dylan was ripe for the con (was she really involved with Jack, did she know of Dylan's family issues, how long was this in the works?)

The poindexter guy prominently featured during the KEG House vote has always, always baffled me. Who is this guy? How did he get into KEG? Or any fraternity, for that matter? Most baffling of all, why is there a lingering shot of him looking pensive at the head of a line of KEG men, right at the climax of the whole storyline, as if we're on the edge of our seats waiting to see how this rando is going to vote? I ask myself these questions every time I watch this episode, and the only thing I can come up with is that this guy was related to someone at the studio who made the showrunners stick him in there for a scene.

• Love 1
On 6/21/2016 at 0:57 PM, FozzyBear said:

So pretending these characters are written in a way that makes sense; I don't think it's that Dylan is so trusting as much as he can't stand to be questioned or challenged in any real way. He's kind of on the fence about Suzanne until Jim pushes for her SS and Kelly starts to hate both Suzanne and Erica for stupid, bitchy Kelly reasons. Plus the "we can be a family" scam is a pretty good way to go at Dylan who has always been kind of desperate to be loved and appreciated no matter what fucked up road he has to take to get there.

Yes, I think this take is pretty spot on. He even mentions to Nat early on "I don't know if these people are scamming me or what..." so the thought does enter his mind. But as time passes he gets attached to the idea of having a family, then he just wants to prove Jim wrong. 

The scam plot was kind of entertaining but it had zero follow through after they rescued Erica. Just drop this traumatized kid off with Iris and call it a day! It's sad to think what she went through if she was not part of the scam. They should have had some kind of wrap up scene talking about how they targeted Dylan, how much Erica knew, if she was getting some counseling, etc. When they do bring her back a few years later Dylan isn't even on the show. 

On 6/13/2016 at 8:03 AM, Cekrypton1 said:

Ugh--episode 16! and we are only at the end of 1st/start of 2nd semester?!?

I think this is thanks to the show waiting until episode 5 or 6 before these chucklefucks even actually go to class (although they are hanging out on campus an awful lot.) 

On 6/13/2016 at 10:37 AM, txhorns79 said:

Amazingly, this is only the halfway point for episodes this season!  I'm either impressed or horrified at how much filler this many episodes per season required.  I can't even start with Andrea.  I do want to laugh a little when she goes to the doctor next episode at what looks like six or seven months, and is just then told she is pregnant.   

On 6/13/2016 at 1:53 PM, itainttippithebird said:

I've been looking forward to this next ep for awhile, as I laughed and laughed and laughed at the stuff with the doctor. FIRST off, because Andrea is like, "I've been having unprotected sex, and I'm nauseous, and I'm having stomach pains" and the doctor is like "it's probs just the flu." (This is also after Andrea asks said doctor for an "AIDS test" and the doctor slut shames the fuck out of her, like, WHY?!?! HAVE YOU BEEN HAVING LOTS OF RISKY SEX WITH RISKY PEOPLE?!?!!)  Then when the results are back, the doctor TROLLS HER SO HARD, all like, "Don't worry, you're perfectly healthy" and then Andrea is like, "Oh, so, it was just a 24 hour bug?" and the doc is like "MORE LIKE A 9 MONTH BUG!!!!" Which, a. way to bury the lede, b. is NOT a very profesh way to announce medical news and c. WAY TOO CHEERFUL an attitude to tell an 18 year old college freshman that she's pregnant! Granted, it might be that the doc assumed Nana might be too old for childbearing and this is a medical miracle, but please try to act like a goddamned professional!

I loved these scenes so much, although they were fairly mean to Gabrielle Carteris.  Like, maybe the fact that you're wearing maternity clothes Ohhhhhhn-drea might give away that you're pregnant??   And seeing as how Ohhhhhhhn-drea was busting out her overnight pre-med knowledge by telling the doctor what wasn't wrong with her, she's clearly going to be a shitty M.D. when she can't even figure out that she's fucking pregnant.  God!  

Also, back in 1993 I don't think you got your HIV results in 24 hours.  Of course this is that bastion of education, C.U., where you can basically get your degree driving by the school and honking.

• Love 2

I'm late catching up on these podcasts, but just wanted to say that Sarah D. yelling "take a hint!" at Donna was great and made me LOL driving around on this hot horrible day running horrible errands.

No activity on this thread ... but I'm just now having a big 90210 marathon and had to pop in to say how much I LOVE the scene from the KEG house where John Sears gets voted out. The plot, the drama, the acting, it's all stellar. Sears' friend surprisingly showing some integrity and voting John off instead of Steve, all the other brothers following, Ian Ziering raising his eyebrows in surprise and laughing, Paul Johansson acting all pissed and shocked. It's one of my favourite scenes ever on this show.

• Love 6
On 6/9/2018 at 4:49 PM, Cecily said:

No activity on this thread ... but I'm just now having a big 90210 marathon and had to pop in to say how much I LOVE the scene from the KEG house where John Sears gets voted out. The plot, the drama, the acting, it's all stellar. Sears' friend surprisingly showing some integrity and voting John off instead of Steve, all the other brothers following, Ian Ziering raising his eyebrows in surprise and laughing, Paul Johansson acting all pissed and shocked. It's one of my favourite scenes ever on this show.

Girl, me too.  I loooove that scene.  Sears deserves it after stupidly telling Keith that he set Steve up and then acted like Keith was going to high-five him or something.  

And of course Muntz will take Steve's side -- Steve let him have his Moon Pie!

• Like 1
On 6/22/2016 at 3:13 PM, CurlyATX said:

thanks for the explanation-- I never quite got it.  My guess was that the only real thing was the kid being Suzanne's spawn.  I guess I need things spoon fed to me because I'd like to know how Suzanne knew Dylan was ripe for the con (was she really involved with Jack, did she know of Dylan's family issues, how long was this in the works?)

I think Erica was Susanne’s kid. And she might have even been Jack’s (in 2023 that would’ve been answered quickly). I think she probably knew Dylan had some money and was looking to see what she could get, and when she saw how alone he was and how sweet he was to Erica, she was going to play the long game. The boyfriend came later. 

• Like 1