Type keyword(s) to search

Justified in the Media

I think it's damned fabulous that Walton Goggins got nominated for Justified and also for Sons of Anarchy -- Venus is one of my favourite characters and he played her so brilliantly.

• Love 4
(edited)

I think it's damned fabulous that Walton Goggins got nominated for Justified and also for Sons of Anarchy -- Venus is one of my favourite characters and he played her so brilliantly.

I completely agree- I hope this is a sneak preview of Emmy Nominations, too.  

Edited by Febgirl
(edited)

That is good news indeed!  My only disappointment is that Mary Steenburgen was not nominated in the guest actress category.  I thought she was every bit as good as Sam Elliott, if not better.

With the Emmys, I think the rule is you have to appear in 50% or less of the episodes to qualify as guest, otherwise you have to submit in supporting. Not sure how they determine this with the CCA. Must be completely different criteria, since Sam Elliott was nominated in guest.  But it would have been great if she were nominated, for sure. She was outstanding.  

Edited by Bcharmer
  • Love 1

Sam Elliot won at the Critics' Choice TV Awards, but that was the only category Justifed won.  Feel bad since that was it's last shot, but it had some tough competition in all of the categories.

Walton Goggins was robbed. I do love Jonathan Banks, and he was great in that one episode ("5-0"), but Goggins was outstanding in every episode, all season long. He was so deserving. But, we still have the TCAs and the Emmys to look forward to. Hope springs eternal.

• Love 2

Sadly, looks like the show pretty much got shut-out for it's final season at the Emmys.  Not even a guest nod for Sam Elliot, which I find surprising.  Did the Emmy voters just give up on the show, sometime after S2-S3?

Just noticed the complete omission of Justified from the Emmy noms.  I don't watch a lot of the following shows, but I do watch The Good Wife and I've seen enough of Downton Abbey to know that Walton Goggins deserved to be nominated over Jim Carter and Alan Cumming.

Jonathan Banks, “Better Call Saul”
Ben Mendelsohn, “Bloodline”
Jim Carter, “Downton Abbey”
Peter Dinklage, “Game Of Thrones”
Alan Cumming, “The Good Wife”
Michael Kelly, “House Of Cards”

Walton Goggins deserved it even more than Dinklage, who did very little this season. It just breaks my heart.  This was one of the very best shows this year, and it gets nada. Same for Rectify.  I have lost faith in those voters, to be honest.  

• Love 2

Yeah, it didn't get nominated in ANY category. Ugh. Goggins alone should have several Emmys by now. This is ridiculous. Even the god-awful season 5 was better than a LOT of television shows out there. 

But, hey, look where The Wire is in television history. That show won nothing. Hopefully Justified will achieve that legend-like status one of these days (but at least a nom would've been nice)...

• Love 3

Natalie Zea has a new show on TBS, she commented on Justified during an interview. 

http://tvline.com/gallery/memories-from-the-set-natalie-zea/#!1/zea-passions/

JUSTIFIED
"I have such a soft spot in my heart for that show," Zea warmly notes. But because lawman Raylan Givens (played by Timothy Olyphant) was not one to settle down nor able to keep loved ones out of harm's way, it became problematic to keep Winona, his ex-wife/girlfriend/baby mama, around. "If my relationship with The Following was 'complicated,' my relationship with Justified was 'complex,' because we weren't able to make it work so that I could be there full-time in terms of the story," Zea explains. "The creators wanted [Winona around], we all wanted it, but at the end of the day we agreed that this is not part of the show." Even so, Zea "ended up falling in love with Winona," and thus was delighted to recur during the show's later seasons — including that series-ending coda.

One of the things Zea is most proud of from her time on the FX series "was that they gave [Winona and Raylan] a girl child. I thought that was such a beautifully complicated choice" for a testosterone-driven drama. And viewers got to see a slightly aged Willa when the series ended with a four-year time jump, where Raylan and Winona were… not back together after all. Though fans were quick to hypothesize otherwise! "A lot of people I've talked to are convinced that are having a little thing on the side," Zea reports with a chuckle. "I know that most people are not crazy about [Winona cheating on her husband], but I like the idea that she and Raylan can't quit each other. It's a testament to their relationship."

• Love 1