Type keyword(s) to search

Justified in the Media

Excuse me, while try not to freak out too much: Sam Elliot and Garrett Dillahunt will be joining the final season.  I love both of them, but I'm especially a fan of Garrett, so I can't wait to see him here.  Especially since he's another former Deadwood guy (even played two characters!  He's that good!)

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 1

I'm sure if this is the right thread, but I'll try here - does anyone know when they're going to release season 5 as streaming for Amazon Prime members?  I made it through the first 4 seasons, and if I have to buy the 5th, I will; I just didn't want to buy it, and two days later it shows up as streaming.  Google was no help on this.

I'm sure if this is the right thread, but I'll try here - does anyone know when they're going to release season 5 as streaming for Amazon Prime members?  I made it through the first 4 seasons, and if I have to buy the 5th, I will; I just didn't want to buy it, and two days later it shows up as streaming.  Google was no help on this.

Amazon isn't any help either.  I started watching Justified through my Prime membership in January.  I don't recall the exact timing, but I think S4 was available through Prime while S5 was airing on F/X.

has anyone gotten the DVD's/Blueray yet?  I bought the Blueray (more extra features) but haven't gotten the chance to watch yet.

I have season's one, two and three.  I didn't find too many extras.  Off topic a little, I was able to quote Raylan in reference to Sister Wives.  How about that for a combo?

has anyone gotten the DVD's/Blueray yet? I bought the Blueray (more extra features) but haven't gotten the chance to watch yet.

There are more extras on the Blueray? If I had known, I wouldn't have bought the DVD, which has just about nothing special on the extras.

I have all five seasons - even season five and I bought it solely for one scene. The best part of the 'extras' is when they assemble some of the cast to comment on an episode. But they're getting stingy with those. Two Commentaries - one on 'A Murder of Crowes' and One on 'Restitution'. Some deleted scenes and a Season of the Crowe about making season five. 

I only had the blu ray of Season 1 and the extras are the same as regular DVD.

the extras are different on the blue ray for this past season.  There are a few more little featurettes, one about the character of Raylan, a very nice one on Ellmore Leonard.  One or two more.  The measly two commentaries and the deleted scenes are also there.

http://tvline.com/2015/01/13/castle-the-wrong-stuff-season-7-mars-space-spoilers/

Question: Will Natalie Zea be returning as Winona for Justified‘s last season? —Reagan

Ausiello: For sure. At first, you will only see Winona and baby Willa via video chats, them being in Florida and all. But Natalie Zea tells TVLine that Episode 7 of the final season brings Raylan’s baby mama back to Kentucky, for a Winona-heavy storyline beat.

From Graham Yost's post-mortem on the S6 premiere:

You told me last season that you had that classic Wade Messer line, "Hey, Raylan… Can I get you a blowjob or somethin'?" written on James LeGros's goodbye cake. What did Damon's say?
I'm trying to remember... I think we used a line from last year, which was one of Damon's favorite lines, which was, "The anus is on you." I can't remember if we got into trouble or couldn't do that — it's all kind of blurry. We also got a coffee truck for him. We did a few things. It was really hard saying goodbye to Damon and that character.

I'd forgotten that particular DeweyCrowe malapropism.

Also:

There's that fun scene in this episode when Dewey, while talking to police about how they can't touch him, screws up words again.
Oh, "nelgigence and malfiessence." I don't think that was written. I think that was Damon. [Laughs.] All the confidence. He's got no self-doubt that he's maybe not pronouncing the words correctly; Dewey just goes for it.

Damon really knew his character!

• Love 2

Mary Steenburgen talks about The Trash and the Snake:

And while Ava and Katherine's day of adventure ended up being Ava's worst nightmare, Steenburgen was delighted by the opportunity to get the chance to work with Carter. "I love Joelle; she's fantastic," she gushed. "The two regrets I had on this show were I never got to work with Timothy, really. We had like one tiny, tiny moment together, and I didn't get to work with Joelle more than I did. I had so much fun with her. She's wonderful. Wonderful actor, wonderful person."

Has anyone else seen Damon Herriman in the commercials for that new cop show "Battle Creek?" I've seen the commercials many times and I suddenly realized why the one geeky guy looked familiar. He's a long way from Dewey Crowe.

Edited by Linderhill

Duke Davis Roberts on playing Choo-Choo.  Caution: Spoilerville if you haven't yet seen Ep. 06.06, Alive Day.  Here's some of the non-spoilery part:

How did your character get his nickname?
It came from Timothy Olyphant's brain. He talked to the writers and had them change my name. He told me there was some baseball player whose nickname was Choo-Choo [former Mets and Phillies catcher Choo-Choo Coleman]. Tim thought that was so funny, and they just ran with it.

How did you come up with the character's distinctive guttural voice?
I went into the audition with that voice and that cadence, and then I worked on it with the writers. Tim told me, "You don't want to go overboard on playing the dumb guy. You want to be a weird mystery."

Was the character's look, with greasy long hair and a bushy beard, your idea?
That was my unemployment beard, and it turned into my employment beard. I had the long hair and that awful beard. I knew Choo-Choo was military, so I thought they were going to shave my head. And they said, "No, we like your look."

Also, according to Graham Yost's latest post-mortem, "Shooting of the series finale wrapped last Friday."

• Love 1

And Graham Yost's latest post-mortem (for The Hunt) includes some info about the wrap party:

“There were some tears, but mostly celebration, and a lot of drinking, and some really bad karaoke,” Yost says. Pressed for details, he adds, “Listen, Kaitlyn Dever [who plays Loretta] did 'Ice Ice Baby,' and knew every word without looking at the screen. T.O.N.E-Z got up, who does our main theme, and we only use a snippet of the song, and there was Kaitlyn in the audience just bopping along and she knew every word, so that was fun. I got up with my assistant in the company and Jacob Pitts [who plays Gutterson] and did 'Sweet Home Alabama.' They didn’t have my song. My karaoke song is 'I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)' by the Proclaimers because you can do a Scottish accent and hide the fact you can’t sing. Tim [Olyphant] said some words, and they were very heartfelt and appreciated, and I rambled on a little too long, but set up the gag reel, and the gag reel was fantastic. It was a good evening.”
  • Love 1