Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E10: From Dancing Mice to Psychopaths

(edited)

SEASON FINALE!

In the season finale, when communication with Cosima is cut off and Neolution appears to be within striking distance, Sarah’s alliance with Rachel goes out the window. Sarah lures a high-level Neolutionist into a trap, and sets out to bring down Neolution once and for all.

Promo:

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo

Season 4 Finale!  This came so fast!  (that's what she said!)

From TVGuide.com

Alliances are shattered between Sarah and Rachel as Cosima is cut off from communication and the Neolution moves in. Later: Sarah sets a trap for a high-ranking Neolutionist in hopes of bring it down for good.

Did anyone else get a distinct Others vibe from the hippie-Neo camp? I picked up on it when Cosima asked if there were other people on the island, and Charlotte said she was supposed to stay away from them. And by the end of the episode - assuming our mystery hippie is Westmoreland - she is in fact being tended to in a camp run by Neolution's Richard Alpert - the ageless leader and originator of the cult.

• Love 10

I gotta admit, the episode ended and I said aloud: "Wait, that's it?" Even with an episode that was a couple of minutes longer, I still expected a lot more. It set up a whole lot for the final season, at least. Rachel's probable demise, Richard Alpert and his role in all of it, Sarah finding a way off of that island (I honestly thought Ira would come in at the last minute), Helena/Donnie/Alison catching wind of all of this craziness... 

Now I'm sad that there's only one more season. I do suspect Rachel will die by the series finale, and I'm thinking another clone might as well. Although I also could see the final shot being Sarah, Cosima, Alison, Helena and their families all sitting at a table eating, much like last season's finale. 

I'm so glad Delphine is back, and I'm so glad it was Cosima who snatched the cure. This was the bright spot to a cliffhanger of a finale. There's closure there! 

The way Charlotte kept repeating "We have to get to the boat" and having her know about the Others makes me think something is off there. 

Krystal....yeah, she's smart but not in the obvious sort of way. She's still so delusioned, although I liked seeing a small aspect of her life at that club. 

This season definitely went by quickly. Next season is definitely going to be intense, but I think it will wrap up a lot of unanswered questions. For me, I'm still curious about Kira and her psychic powers, but maybe because they keep teasing but haven't done much (like they should, but seeing as next season is the last, I want answers!). Helena's finally going to have her baby, I hope. She's been pregnant since season 2, which sounds crazy. I suspect we'll see Ira again, and maybe Mark. I'm sure MK will make an appearance to wrap her storyline up. And I wonder if we'll meet one final clone. 

Bring it on, season 5. And damn you for leaving this season off on more questions. 

• Love 7

I wish they hadn't cut Alison and Donnie's scene, I enjoyed seeing that and knowing they were with Helena and all taking care of each other. 

I'm not wild about PT Westmoreland still being alive and ageless. Sometimes I think the cloning should've been the most advanced science on the show. The tails, and bots, etc.... as much as I enjoy this show, sometimes it's too much for me. I feel like the real meat of the story is how these women were made and used and how they're trying to survive and forge bonds, and concentrating on all of that is all they needed to do.

• Love 11
(edited)

Duko just had to conveniently choose not to shoot Delphine in the head like any other person he would execute, but hey, I'll take it.

WayHaught just have to survive the next couple of weeks and two of my ships will be in the free and clear, which is sorely needed after this bloodbath of a TV season. I love how Delphine manages to work saving Cosima's life into an opportunity to make for some lost opportunities at Crazy Science.

As reprehensible as she is, you gotta hand it to Rachel: no one spits in the face of possible redemption and eagerly dives headfirst onto the pool of supervillainy quite like she does.

Sarah has to be like the crappiest fighter ever. Ambush or not, the fact that she can be so easily at the mercy of a frigging cripple is just plain embarrassing.

Krystal has to be even more denser than Allison's mother when confronted with the truth.

Edited by JohnSmithSensei
  • Love 7
(edited)

Man, I felt worst of all for Sarah...she got really messed up by whacked out Rachel. (props to TM, who played that psycho side of Rachel quite well) When they were on the floor "fighting" then Rachel was at Sarah's feet, I didn't think the special effects was their best looking, but whatever. Can't be seamless all the time.

And damn, they clone-duped me yet AGAIN! I totally did not see Sarah as Krystal coming. I know I should look for it every season, but I didn't even think about them doing that.

I thought it was pretty funny that Krystal didn't even blink an eye when she first met Sarah. ANd then thinks she doesn't even look like her.

Sarah: "I'm Sarah, your clone."

Krystal: "right, whatever."

Edited by Valny
  • Love 7

On the one hand, Krystal thinking Sarah's too unattractive to be her clone is hilarious. On the other hand I think I would've preferred them giving a little more depth to Krystal and have her refusing to recognize Sarah as physically identical to be some sort of mental self-preservation denial thing. 

As much as I feel for Rachel as a child, and pity the women she grew into, she herself said it this episode (though in her typical self-serving way she got it backwards), "I've made my own decisions but I was led here." She was led there but she made her own choices. I don't deny Rachel likely has mental health issues from her upbringing, same as Helena. She was raised like a lab rat and then abandoned by the only parents she had. She grew up within the very organization that created her illegally as an experiment and does not see her as human. And being raised self-aware seems to have done more harm to her than being raised unaware has done to the others. I do sympathize with that. But she's had countless opportunities to make better choices, to choose people other than herself. There's a certain point where it's just Rachel doing whatever it takes to get the things she wants regardless of what it costs other people.

• Love 5
(edited)

I love how this episode began like the season as a whole did; with a flashback that was almost as exciting as seeing Beth alive and in action! I wasn't expecting to find out what happened to Delphine this soon, but I trust the actress will get more screen time next season so she and Cosima can have a happy ending. Hiding that she's been cured might enable Cosima to pull a long con next season to her extreme advantage.  Ira and Mark need to be cured/deweaponized as well. 

Sarah definitely made a huge mistake by choosing to go it alone. She does (if I remember correctly) have the advanced healing abilities of Kira/Helena, so no doubt she can survive the frigid climate of the island long enough to figure things out and gather allies. Calling up both Mark and Helena would be a good idea. Though, I certainly missed MK this episode, as well. Maybe she was working behind the scenes as well as (I hope!) enjoying Ferdinand's money with lots of gamer swag.

Rachel was/is never going to change from the abusive narcissistic scumbag she has always been, so I hope there's not another pseudo-redemption/'i won't betray you this time' move next season, she has to go the first opportunity that presents itself. Susan's storyline/arc has gone pretty much the same way as Ethan's; maybe they could have worked things out instead of divorcing via faked deaths. Rachel and Susan also would have done well to bring up Ethan's name when they were verbally destroying each other.

Krystal manages to be hilarious without also being a serial killer, which puts her a step above Helena IMO.

Kira's premonition about all the clones setting Sarah on fire never took place (yet.) At the time I thought that storyline would have something to do with the bot in her face, but I guess not. Maybe it will actually be Rachel dressed up as Sarah.

It makes sense that the 'prequel' nature of the first half of this season leads to an ending that is more like S1 (chaotic cliffhanger) then S2/S3 with their happy family parties. It's also fitting that it is dark and sad since we've just learned that there's only one season left. I hope they wrap up everything nicely. Maybe we will not only find out the secrets of Felix's origin, but he will end up with that cute boy from the morgue after all?

Edited by Glade
  • Love 5

Wasn't super crazy about this episode.  It felt like a lot of loose threads were left hanging.  What about Kira's vision that the other "sestras" set Sarah on fire because she's changing?  What about MK?  I'm glad at least the Delphine mystery was fully resolved, and thank God Cosima had the cure all along.

• Love 4

Well my prediction about Cosima not being conscious whenever she and  Delphine would eventually meet up was wrong... but it almost wasn't! How many times is this poor girl going to be close to dying?! Enough thank you!

I have to say I was a bit surprised when we see it was Duko that shot Delphine. I think I may have even said, "bastard!" Good reveal though because I didn't even have him on my radar.

Was anyone thinking "don't pull the knife out Sarah!" because isn't it worse if you that because you'll just lose more blood? Man, who's gonna save her now?  Helena's too far away to pop in and save the day!

• Love 2

I definitely thought "don't pull the knife out, Sarah." After all, what if she nicked an artery.

I did like the thought of Rachel living in an igloo and eating Helena's cooking. 

Hopefully Krystal gets some more character development next season, but I did like her meeting with Sarah. Also Scott and the comic book guy gaming with her, hanging on every word. I think Scott/Krystal would be a good match. Scott wouldn't leave her in 2 years like all her other boyfriends.

• Love 3

Did they ever explain why Krystal just happened to be crouched beside a car in the parking garage? 

I did crack up at Krystal flicking the board game pieces in annoyance. I like little comedy moments like that more than Krystal the walking punch line. She was a ditz when we first met her but I also think she was treated more seriously back then.

• Love 1

I was surprised at how easily Felix gave in to Krystal's demand that he tell her everything. She said it like twice and he brought her downstairs to meet Sarah. I thought the reason they originally kept her in the dark was to protect her but now they're okay with bringing her into the loop? I mean, they ended up not having to tell her anything since she's convinced she has it all figured out already, but still. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that Krystal was basing her "Sarah's not my clone" judgement based upon her tits and her hair.

I thought it was interesting that Sarah said Krystal would kick Ira's balls in. Sarah and Helena seem the most apt to lose their tempers and kick someone's ass (although now that I remember back in S1 or S2, Alison fought off that guy who was trying to kidnap her).  Heh, of course that was then balanced out by Sarah totally getting her ass kicked by Rachel, of all people.

All the first aid classes I've ever had always say not to pull out a knife or anything you've been stabbed with. I was hoping that Sarah at least ripped off the bottom of her shirt to make a tourniquet.

Oh, Ferdinand. Such a bad boy. I was so amused when Ira's only comment was that Ferdinand was still wearing his socks.

Coincidentally, 12 Monkeys also used Chopin's Nocturne No. 2 in E Flat this week. I know it's a common enough piece of music, but interesting that my two favorite summer shows used it the same week! I haaaaated the whiny singer voice in the version of Lacrimosa they used at the end though.

• Love 4

So had Cosima kept herself her only little personal supply of the cell line/cure for herself, is that what she gave Dephine?  I didn't see her take it from the house, I guess she save it because deep down she didn't trust Susan, I guess she has learned she can't trust anyone.

Tatiana HAS to get nominated this year for the golden globe, emmy,candy (or whatever they want to call the Canadian one), and a Brit Award as well (it is a BBC co=production), and everything else, and she HAS to win.  She was excellent this season and deserves all the awards.

• Love 3

hate verizon - hate when BBC A  ran this show - I had to get up early, but the first showing of this show, I taped it, while watching but it was not on, instead there was a fios ad on for the show for the after the show - I have no idea why, but it did not repeat until 3 am. I could not stay up. I will watch it on demand,but I won't have the freedom to go back and forth to rewatch a scene. hatesess FIOS. yes I read everything you guys wrote. I wanted to watch it.. off to work. 

31 minutes ago, Blackie said:

So had Cosima kept herself her only little personal supply of the cell line/cure for herself, is that what she gave Dephine?  I didn't see her take it from the house, I guess she save it because deep down she didn't trust Susan, I guess she has learned she can't trust anyone.

When Charlotte came to get her, she told her that Susan said that Rachel was back (and very angry) and that Susan instructed Charlotte to take Cosima to the boat so they could escape. As they were about to leave, Cosima told Charlotte to wait, which is when I assume she went to get the cell line. She wasn't about to leave it behind for Rachel or Susan!

• Love 7

Reading everyone's great comments this morning, I had one of those Orphan Black fan moments where I just remembered that it was TM playing both Sarah and Rachel in that fight scene last night.  How is she so incredible that you know it's the same actress and yet still forget??

Cosima is my least favorite of our core four clones (I like her, I just like the other sestras better), but I was so happy she took the cure with her!  It was so disheartening to think of all her hard work remaining in the hands of Rachel and/or Susan.

My favorite scene of the night had to be Krystal meeting Sarah.  I rewatched it about three times before I moved on to the next scene, it was so funny.  The lines to Sarah about her tits and hair were hilarious, but when she said (paraphrasing) that it was about two groups fighting over technology and Art says, "Shit, that's right" - I cracked up. 

I wish we were getting six seasons, though.  I'm not ready for next year to be the end.

• Love 10

I was totally expecting a vat of Purell, courtesy of Alison, inside Helena's wigwam. I love that Alison and Donnie are staying with Helena, I love the bond between the three of them, I was LOL'ing at Alison prepping her gun, declaring that they will do anything for the other, as Donnie tried to talk her down.

Ira had possibly his best line ever with "he has his socks on." And Krystal continues to bumble along and still somehow make connections to things she clearly has no idea about.

In a way I can respect Rachel for wresting control of something she's wanted for a long time and scorching the earth as she did it, but bitch needs to die and especially since next season is the final season. As soon as Ferdinand showed up with the frittatta I knew he and Rachel were going to reconcile, they are one demented pair! After Dr. Van Lier activated Evie's wormbot I turned to the boyfriend and smirked "well, she won't have to worry about those shingles anymore, eh?"

So, so glad Cosima kept her wits about her and took the complete cell line out of that house as she and Charlotte escaped. I'm not 100% sure that Westmoreland can be trusted, would he really want a clone, even if it's one of his, as head of Neolution? Are Cosima, Delphine and Charlotte his prisoners or guests??

Next season cannot come soon enough!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, TaraS1 said:

Reading everyone's great comments this morning, I had one of those Orphan Black fan moments where I just remembered that it was TM playing both Sarah and Rachel in that fight scene last night.  How is she so incredible that you know it's the same actress and yet still forget??

I am amazed by her.  I could totally tell that was Sarah pretending to be Krystal.  How does she do that?  How does she pretend to be someone pretending to be someone else and make it so you can tell who is pretending to be who.  It's ridiculous.

For some reason, my brain always seems to separate Allison.  When I see the three main actors together (Tat and the guys that play Donnie and Felix) I always for a second wonder where the girl who plays Allison is.  I guess that because Allison and Donnie aren't shown on screen that much with the other sestras, it feels like they are separate.  My brain always is surprised it's just one girl in interviews and things.  I always expect to see someone different with the actor that plays Donnie. 

• Love 2

In much the same way as linking the Leda and Castor DNA may lead to improved strength for the clones, characters in Orphan Black gain strengh when linked with another.

Curiously, this ep opens on a flashback of Delphine's shooting and revealing the viewpoint of Krystal, the one clone yet to be linked to the others (that we know of, as Kira hints later). Van Lear is an unexpected savior, and the switch between the cold sterility of the parking garage (and coldly sterile locations will recur often) and the almost hobbit-home-like locale of Delphine's recovery.

The link between Cosima and Susan is productive, but strained contrasted with the more natural and solid link between Sarah and Mrs. S. (and Kira by extension).

Links between characters soon come in a cascade: Sarah-Felix-Krystal (whose oblivious-yet-insightful nonchalance is abolutely hilarious), Rachel-Ferdinand, Charlotte-Cosima, Helena-”Henricks” (and there's something rather delightful about the inversion of hospitality with Alison and Donnie hosted by Helena)

Evie Cho is markedly de-linked, first politically, then literally. Rachel voices her sensual de-linkage, and Susan de-links Cosima from her source of agency.

“Power does not equal free will.” Both can create and break chains, but power's chains are over others, and free will's are self-directed, so they are at least parallel, if not equal.

At the end Sarah has been de-linked in the cold, but Charlotte and Cosima have been linked with Delphine in the warmth.

“There's always a bloody board.” Isn't there, just.

I will miss these characters over the next months, but I appreciate that one more season will finish the story rather than dribbling it out (and Orphan Black would not really work well as a "clone-of-the-week" episodic show.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, GenieinTX said:

I am amazed by her.  I could totally tell that was Sarah pretending to be Krystal.  How does she do that?  How does she pretend to be someone pretending to be someone else and make it so you can tell who is pretending to be who.  It's ridiculous.

Right?? I knew immediately it was Sarah as Krystal.  That is some major, other-worldly talent right there.

One of the things that makes me most sad about OB ending is that I'm afraid TM will never get another project that will allow her to do as much awesomely crazy, diverse work as this show has.

• Love 9

I'm pretty sure I felt every emotion it is possible to feel watching this episode. I don't know how many more times this show can have me swing from "poor Rachel, she needs a hug" to "someone needs to punch/kill her right now" but it does it so well and she is a far more satisfying villain than Evie Cho so I'm looking forward to next season (is it April yet?).

My favourite thing about this season has been exploring Beth but a close second has been having more Cosima and seeing her away from Delphine and their relationship. That's not to say I wasn't tearing up at their reunion. Who knew "I finished our homework" could be so sweet?

I wish we'd had time to catch up with Helena and Alison in the woods and even MK. I might have to move my wishes over to the wishlist thread.

Really didn't see Krystal's reaction to being told she's a clone coming. I saw the preview and it still made me laugh in the show - "so this is what you think I look like?"

Everyone had better not die - even little Charlotte (I don't know why I care about her so much more than Kira). The show is 3/3 for characters who miraculously survive after serious injuries in season finales but Cosima and Sarah have me worried. I don't know why either of them thought it'd be a good idea to go alone or why they didn't just storm the place - at the very least S, Benjamin and Art would have been helpful.

• Love 1

thought it was hilarious when Crystal was offended at the suggestion she looked like Sarah, because it is so true that when you tell someone they look like "so and so" they are always incredulous.  Today someone dropped off some Eddie Bauer pants that didn't fit them so they thought I might use them.  They were HUGE, I was like "really, you think my ass is that big"  LOL!!!  I am careful who I say things to about who they look like except my one friend who looks like the Duchess of Cambridge, and I just told a young guy that he looked like Tom Hiddleston, surely they can't be upset about that  ;)

• Love 3

"The casting of that role will have to be done just right. We need someone whose still-youthful vigor belies his advanced age; whose towering ego belies his Canadian-ness. "

My first thought was Keir Dullea fits this description, but then, that's probably because I watched some episodes of that Hulu series The Path this week and he plays an aged cult leader in that too.

20 hours ago, Chaos Theory said:

I did feel kinda sorry for her when the line was uttered "For Every Sarah and Cosima I regret making you."  

That was stone cold. I'd probably get stabby too. 

Crystal being like, "she looks nothing like me. That hair." made for a great scene. 

I enjoyed this, but didn't know it was the finale. Clearly this was kind of a set up episode. 

I really like this show. It's certainly original. But I think one more season is ok. Better to end strong. 

I am ok for it to end in one more season, I think the story has pretty much run its course and it would free Tatiana to do more movies etc.  She is destined for greatness.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Kaboom 2.0 said:

I was totally expecting a vat of Purell, courtesy of Alison, inside Helena's wigwam. I love that Alison and Donnie are staying with Helena, I love the bond between the three of them, I was LOL'ing at Alison prepping her gun, declaring that they will do anything for the other, as Donnie tried to talk her down.

Wait, when did this happen? I didn't see Alison last night, did I miss a scene?

• Love 1

So, it was Duko who ended up shooting Delphine last season.  Should have known that bastard would be involved.  I do think it was probably a bit of a cop-out that a trained killer like him wouldn't have double-tapped or gone for a straight headshot, but whatever.  It's TV.  At least Delphine and Cosima are reunited (and even find a way to cuddle in the underwear!  To protect from the cold, of course!), although I really do hope that cure works, because Cosima?  Is not looking good.

Krystal returns and joins Clone Club and it is even more hilarious then expected.  Because she totally doesn't think she and Sarah look alike at all.  Ha!  I do wonder if it's partially denial on her part and not just being dim, but that is so Krystal.  I loved how quickly Felix and Art just went with it and knew how to talk to her, in order to get as much info as possible.

Bummed Alison, Helena, and Donnie only got one (two kind of) scenes, but hopefully they will make up for it next seasons.  Those three out in the wilderness should be some comedic gold right there.

Ferdinand!  That slimy bastard is back!  James Frain is so much fun in that role.

Should have known Rachel had something up her sleeve, and her grand plan was to basically bone over both Susan and the rest of the Clones.  She really is all about number one.  Knew Sarah was going to make a mistake going at it alone.  That beatdown was brutal, and I really can't believe it is the same actress.  They must have worked hard to make that scene work.  Hope Sarah finds a way out of this, but Ferdinand holding S and Kira at gunpoint is a scary way to end that part.

So, the big thing now is that Rachel wants to combine both clones and these bugs to make the perfect human possible, and Neolution is so down with it.  And apparently the man behind the curtain is this P.T. Westmoreland guy, who apparently has a longer then normal lifespan or something?  Can't wait to see what this is all about.  Or who they get to play him.

Felt kind of bad over how much I was laughing over Evie's quick demise.  She really was not cut out for this.

Overall, I thought this was a great improvement over the third season, and I'm looking forward to where they go with this final one.  Kind of scared too, because frankly, I can totally see a couple of these clones not making it out alive, now that the endgame is near.  Hopefully, they'll stick the landing.

Oh, and hopefully, Tatiana Maslany will manage to rightfully get recognized and win and Emmy, by the time this show is done.  Simply one of the best performances out there, for my money.

• Love 1
(edited)

Somehow, I'm sad Rachel ended up being the villain for next season. I would have loved to see her join Clone Club, but still, looking forward to see where she will go from here ! 

Btw, guys, I'm confused about the cure : some of you (and people on the internet) say that Cosima managed to smuggle it from Rachel, but I dont remember any indication of that... I must have missed a bit (I knew she was planning on getting it back before Rachel stabbed Susan but I thought that the stabbing forced her to abort the mission and run away without it). 

Calling up both Mark and Helena would be a good idea.

Yeah, would have been nice to have a check-up on Mark and Gracie this season. Anyways, glad we got Ira, I like him ! 

Loved his little moment with Kira : 

"You had a brother with a scar."

"I'm nothing like my brothers."

Indeed Ira you are, though I wonder what you are capable of when pushed to your limits...

Edited by Triskan
(edited)

I did not particularly like this episode. Best part was Mrs S exasperated "There's always a board!"

Rachel's villain speech at the board meeting was over the top and not even TM could sell it to me. Rachel's an evil b*tch and as I said two or three weeks ago beyond redemption yet that still felt forced. It doesn't help that the show still does not care to explain why cloning should get us closer to genetic change in the general population within our life-time - Rachel's mission statement. How is that supposed to work when the clones still die? Are Evie's bots the answer? And if so, how's that supposed to work? And how is producing clones without clone-crud in any way connected to changing the genome of all of us i.e. triggering off a giant evolutionary change. I'm normally willing to handwave the science on this show - but this makes no sense.

But the true killer was Sarah behaving like a complete idiot. Going to Moreau's island alone was a mistake but understandable but then she puts the gun right next to the bloody knife instead of sweeping the room first and then keeping both weapons under her control until she knows where Rachel is - it's as if she's never seen a crime show in her whole life! This is Sarah Manning the survivor clone who would never make such an mistake. But then I although thought Cosima the science clone would have backups of her research. Plot-driven stupidity - so much worse than clone-crud.

Despite my problems with the final episode I enjoyed this season more than the last one but I really think it's good the show comes to an end - hopefully next season will bring the show to the great conclusion it deserves.

Edited by MissLucas
  • Love 4

Oh, and hopefully, Tatiana Maslany will manage to rightfully get recognized and win and Emmy, by the time this show is done.  Simply one of the best performances out there, for my money.

Because this simply cannot be said enough.

• Love 6

This was a really good season, very much an improvement over last year! This episode was a bit anticlimactic, but it set up a lot of decent stuff for our next (and last!) season! Speaking of, I have mixed feelings about this being the last season coming up. On the one hand, I feel like there is more they could do with the show, and I will miss it a lot wen its gone. But on the other hand, its good for a show to have a end game, and end on a high note. Maybe we will even learn what the hell Orphan Black actually means

Poor Cosima. She just constantly seems to be on deaths door, even now that she has been reunited with Delphine! I am rooting for those two to finally make it, damn it! 

I get why they did not really have time for them, but we hardly got any of Felix, Art, Donny, Allison, or Helena, which was disappointing. The little bits we got were nice though. 

"There`s always a bloody board!" You tell them S. That made me laugh a whole lot. 

Rachel has officially gone full on crazy pants. She has been on the brink all season, but now she has gone off the deep end, for real. Looks like we will end this show in a clone vs. clone smackdown!

Can we get Mark and Gracie back next season? Pretty please?

• Love 2

It was a deleted scene that didn't air on tv but was in the netflix version of the episode

How did you see it on Netflix? I watched it on the BBCA website, but their player is terrible (buffers constantly, has sound and picture out of sync often). I am not seeing anything from Season 4 on Netflix yet, and I'm only seeing DVD, no streaming.

(edited)

Why would the board want someone as obviously deranged as Rachel running things?

Like others, I figured Cosima took some of the cell line when she told Charlotte to wait. I assumed she didn't take all of it because that would have put Rachel on the hunt for her. It would be awesome if she managed to put placebos for Rachel to take in place of the real stuff. Cosima/Delphine 4 ever! :-)

Edited by LittleIggy
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, Triskan said:

Somehow, I'm sad Rachel ended up being the villain for next season. I would have loved to see her join Clone Club, but still, looking forward to see where she will go from here ! 

I'm torn about it. I've always loved Rachel because I think she's a really interesting character, and I do have a soft spot for messed up, evil female characters if they're written well. I don't know if she could ever really be part of Clone Club, but I've always wanted to see SOME softening because that would give her more layers and therefore make her more interesting. I hoped they would use Charlotte for that, but it was like halfway through the season they dropped that to make her full evil and she barely cared about the kid anymore. So more than being bummed that she's the big bad next season, I'm bummed that she may be a one dimensional character/villain, which would be a pity and a waste. I felt the same way about Krystal this season. I liked her in season three not because she was a ditz, but because she was a ditz with heart. This season I felt they took her too far, too away the heart and just left the cartoon and she was annoying. I think these are probably my two biggest complaints about what unexpectedly turned out to be a very good season. It had a good pace, things made sense and it felt like they had a purpose. It kinda made the castors and the proletheans feel so... pointless, though. Like the show should have been about the neolution stuff all along. I specially still don't see the point of the proletheans.

I'm not surprised that they got rid of Evie Cho, she seemed like such a weak villain, to me.

Charlotte is adorable and I like her way more than Kyra. In fact, they should have just left Kyra in Iceland or whatever this season. Every time she popped up it was like she was pasted on and I'm not sure what the point of her creepy vibe was.

There was too little Helena this season, though I image it was because she's pregnant and therefore hard to write for. Her having her own place in the woods was random and yet so Helena, though.

So, are we to think that Rachel patched up Susan or that she left her to die? The scene starts with Rachel closing up the medical kit and Susan seems to have some bandage or something. I think she patched her up, even though the messenger dude implied that she should kill her, and so did the eye. I loved the moment when Susan said she regretted making her and Rachel turned around so Susan wouldn't see the hurt in her face. Reminded me of that time when her father said they were all infertile by design and she kept her composure on the outside, but was throwing a fit on the inside. Rachel doesn't let people see her cry, for sure. I image she will die next season, but I hope there is at least some light and reconciliation between her and the seestras and Susan, even if it's at the very end. Have I mentioned that I really like Rachel? I am so weak.

I'm glad it was Cosima the one who figured out the cure. It would have been lame if anyone else did it for her. Though I didn't get why they kept acting as if though it was actually finished, I thought they just had the info to design the cure now or something. Whatever. I have no clue what the deal was with the people in the island and why they took Delphine there.

Ferdinand hates Neos so I'm not sure that he's working with Rachel, I think he's working on his own. What for, I don't know.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, natyxg said:

they should have just left Kyra in Iceland or whatever this season. Every time she popped up it was like she was pasted on and I'm not sure what the point of her creepy vibe was.

Kira does give off this creepy vibe and I don't get it. Is she supposed to be creepy? Is there a storyline reason for it that will be revealed next season? Or is the actress just playing her this way because she thinks she should? Kira comes across as borderline possessed most of the time. I feel like the things she says are supposed to be super important but, because they are coming from her, I just don't care.

I do agree, Charlotte is much better. I find her very interesting. She was raised very much like Rachel, as an experiment in a petri dish. I can't help but wonder if she would turn into Rachel when she gets older, if the sestras didn't intervene. I kind of want Cosima to adopt her when all this is over, or maybe Allison and Donnie (though they don't have the same connection with her but it would be the closest thing to a birth child Allison could have. At least they share DNA.) I just want Charlotte to get a happy ending. (I don't really care what happens to Kira. I know she's a kid and I should feel for her, but I just don't. She comes across more as a robot to me.)

• Love 4
45 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

Kira does give off this creepy vibe and I don't get it. Is she supposed to be creepy? Is there a storyline reason for it that will be revealed next season? Or is the actress just playing her this way because she thinks she should? Kira comes across as borderline possessed most of the time. I feel like the things she says are supposed to be super important but, because they are coming from her, I just don't care.

She seemed literally possessed a couple of times this season, like when she swept all of the pieces off of the game board.  I wondered if that was going to be a plot point, but it never did.

• Love 1

I'm not sure if the show-runners ever had concrete plans for Kira and then somewhere along the lines dropped them or if they just had decided at the beginning that she was somehow 'special' but never cared to define what that exactly meant . Back in season one she had amazing self-healing powers but that was never pursued. Neither were her psychic abilities - I still have no idea what to make of her dream about 'setting Mom on fire' in episode 3. What was that about? She can feel all the aunties yet that is never a major plot point. I wish they would finally decide what to do with her - maybe that would also help the actress a bit. And if she's special than what are the chances that Helena's babies will be special too?

• Love 2