Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E01: Perfect Match at First Sight

The Season 4 premiere of the Hawaii-based reality series in which 20 guys and gals searching for love strive to find their scientifically selected matches in hopes of collecting $1 million.  First up: a love triangle results in an embarrassing Matchup Ceremony.

I really want to know what kind of psychological testing they do to find people for this show.  How do they find people that become so attached after knowing each other for an hour or so?  Some cast members seem ready to start confessing that they're in love.  I actually want someone to let it out of the bag that this is all even more fake than most reality shows, because I think a lot of them do mean the stuff that they're saying.

• Love 4

I can tell I'm going to dislike miss Louisiana already. Something about her rubs me the wrong way. If some drunk guy called me a fat ass, I'd actually just laugh. Why even give him any reaction? Also, that other brunette chick with fake lashes the size of Jupiter who said "we're in America, learn to speak like us" or whatever. 

I don't think I can get through this season. :(

• Love 3

The one area in which I thought that this group was smarter than previous seasons was to make a conscious effort for everyone to get to know everyone else, even those who thought they already knew who they wanted.  Did it pay off with 3 spotlights the first time out?  Only if they don't backslide next week...

• Love 1
On 6/14/2016 at 0:48 AM, laschifosavita said:

I really want to know what kind of psychological testing they do to find people for this show.  How do they find people that become so attached after knowing each other for an hour or so?  Some cast members seem ready to start confessing that they're in love.  I actually want someone to let it out of the bag that this is all even more fake than most reality shows, because I think a lot of them do mean the stuff that they're saying.

Puhleez these people are in it for the money, the end nothing else.  Maybe I've been soured by the t.v. show Unreal but I can't take any of this even remotely serious.   Having said that I do kinda of like the show for the simple silliness of it.  It's a stupid little summer show about hooking up, drinking waaay too much, and getting some ca$h. 

Scanning each contestant for compatibility, put your hand on this iPad and let's scan you in....bish phuleez!!

• Love 4
(edited)

Jeez, John needs to chill with his Julia obsession. I'm with her in that I'm kind of lost as to what, exactly, he sees in her that he's become so infatuated (outside of her apparent love of dishes?) so quickly. Emma looked ridiculous picking him after she heard him repeatedly say that Julia was it for him.

Also, Julia was a bit dramatic with the whole fat ass incident, especially since he called her that right after she was talking about how she'd hate to end up in the Honeymoon suite with him, so I don't see anything wrong with him dishing it back -- I can't stand people who are hypersensitive to insults, while being unable to take one about themselves. It also rubbed me the wrong way that she called Emma pathetic -- don't get me wrong, Emma was being pathetic, but there was no need to add insult to injury and verbalize what everyone else was thinking.

Edited by lavenderpenguin
  • Love 6

I'm an old lady who watches this show. Lord knows why. It's like a car accident...can't turn away. But, gawd, these people make me worry for the future of the world. I hope all young'ins aren't like the contestants they get for this show.

• Love 5
On 6/14/2016 at 0:48 AM, laschifosavita said:

I think the people that go on these shows probably do have a problem with differentiating between love and lust. Put those kind of people in a house together and give them alcohol and it seems like a recipe for drama. I think someone like John is driven by lust. He picked out the girl he was most attracted to and I think there's a bit of ego that won't allow him to back down even after she's expressed concerns about them being a match.

I did find Julia annoying when she became really sensitive about the fat ass comment when it was only in retaliation of her saying that she would rather kill herself than be in the Honeymoon suite with the guy. I don't like when people behave so hypersensitive while being so unaware of how their own words and actions impacts others around them.

• Love 3
On Monday, June 13, 2016 at 10:48 PM, laschifosavita said:

If I remember correctly, there was a couple from season 1 or 2 that had a baby and got married so there must be some reality. 

I can believe people get that attached so quickly, I've known people like that in real life.

I felt bad for Emma, where is your self-respect girl? I don't care what he was telling you in private, publically he said he didn't want you. You said you didn't want to look stupid but then you did something stupid!

I also get how they can get attached quickly.  They are in a house with no tv, cell phones or social media (practically unheard of for that generation)…and a ton of free alcohol.  They have a job to find their match & some seem quite desperate to have anyone, let alone their "perfect" match.  Plus, some are acting extra to get more camera time.

• Love 3