Type keyword(s) to search

Wrecked Season 1 All Episode Discussion

Did Steve shoot his boss?  The last we saw them, they were sitting at the boss's table with the gun between them and the boss suggesting to Steve that he go away.  I didn't think Steve went through with the boss shooting.

• Love 2

Well, the pit made sense as a way to punish Todd, and it was all done pretty much with some sort of due process. 

Pack turning canibal is dark, yes, but a result of the crash and the circumstances. If Steve really is a murderer and turning more autocratic, then that is a change from the way he was seen as lighthearted buffoon. 

• Love 1

I think this was the strongest episode of the series so far. They really stepped up the Lost parody with this one, between the flashbacks of Steve's life and the red shirt (Cory) who was exasperated because nobody knew who he was. I signed up for this thing mainly because it looked like it was going to be a Lost parody but aside from this episode and a few references here and there, the parody part has largely been missing. More episodes like this one, please.

• Love 1
On 6/19/2016 at 4:34 PM, candall said:

I have this on the DVR, but it sounds like the value is limited for someone who didn't watch Lost.

(I was disappointed when the polar bear angle went nowhere.)

That was explained later in the series.

I finally got around to watching - I binged the episodes and I'm glad I did because the episodes have been mixed  for me.  Loved the Nikki/Paulo reference.  I don't like how Steve is keeping anyone who wants to build a raft to leave the island but then given his backstory he doesn't have much motivation to leave.  

Something that I've been wondering is how can with such a large group of people only Owen goes exploring away from the beach?

I have been "meh" about this  show but this episode was great!  Eliza Coupe was stellar as Cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs Rosa.  I loved her on "Happy Endings" so I was really glad Rosa survived the crash!  And even though he's supposed to be a total douche, Todd as grown on me.  Must have been his time in the pit that allowed is 'funny' to show up.

• Love 3

I'm enjoying the whole series.  I thought this episode worked well with the scenes with fewer people in them.   I'm mostly watching for Zach Cregger, so this was a good episode for me.  Todd's gunshot wound looked pretty serious when it happened, but he seems to be doing fine now.   Crazy Rosa was a great addition.   I didn't remember her from the first episode. 

OMG, this episode was great.  Chaos everywhere.  I took the golf club as a shout out to Weeds.  

I suspect next season will be the season of gangrene. 

I knew those guys were going to be pirates. 

I guess Danny was Hugo from Lost.

• Love 1

I'm glad this show got picked up for a second season. I wasn't too impressed with it since the pilot but the last three episodes have really picked up and have been generally good. I love all the little shoutouts to Lost and Castaway, and the callbacks to Todd's driver and that rant Danny went on about shooting the hostage which actually turned out to mean something. The pirates at the end were hysterical. Can't wait for next year.

• Love 3

Loved the shout out to Cast Away!  But is Emma(?) gone forever?

As soon as I saw the boat, I shouted, "Not Penny's boat!"  The pirates were great. 

I am also ecstatic that it was picked up for another season.  Looking forward to it.

• Love 1

Hurley, not Hugo.  Hurley is the character.

So it's "I'm going to have to take your boy" all over again.  So Danny is Hurley and Walt!

I'm wondering about Emma too.  Maybe she got a better offer,  but will return in Season 3.

• Love 1

I'm hopeful they can wring a better season out of this premise. The key - for me at least - is doing more obvious parodies of iconic Lost plots. That's when the show really clicks. I always assumed from the promo spots this was supposed to be a parody of Lost but after the first couple of episodes they never really did any overt parodies of that show and it became rather mundane. It was only these last few episodes where they really started to do obvious shout-outs to Lost (and Castaway) and I finally got what I expected out of it. 

So - we need "others" and some kind of smoke monster and some numbers, etc. 

• Love 3
On 8/1/2016 at 5:07 PM, atomationage said:

There was a scene in the latest episode where something was running after two of the characters through tall grass, and at first I went, Yes, Polar Bears, but it was just another Boar. 

I thought it was going to be another itty-bitty piglet.

On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 7:59 AM, jhlipton said:

I didn't get Closed-Captioning this episode.  What was the reference?

The whole episode was a Nikki/Paulo reference.  With the insertion of a previously unknown character and then reshowing scenes with the person just inserted in there- just like what Lost tried to do with Nikki & Paulo.  

Great ending! Who played the pirate that was shorter, the one telling the other to calm down? He's on a show I know I watched regularly. I wanted to say Outsourced from a few years back, but it's not him. As the castaways were stumped over the Titantic actor, I am stumped on this guy and not finding it on IMDB... though I did discover the actor who plays Todd was on several episodes of the Grinder (and one episode of Angie Tribecca). Not sure how I didn't make the connection on that one since I watch those shows as well.

• Love 1

Just started rewatching it to get ready for season 2 got this far so far and man was it hilarious the whole dream wedding and "i think ide know after 7 years" hahaha and then i kept on laughing even harder at the whole island laughing exactly like me! Then her waking up to his sleep farting reality! Yes i know fart and toilet humor is dumb but i cant help it its funny (although when the music finally got to start i thought what a beautiful moment like he found peace ha! And then again the reality of what it actually sounds like)

"Whatever dude ill be crushing..sniffle sniffle.. tail..so much..(starts to cry) tail! Just crushing it!" So funny and yet so sad. For all the dumb mindless humor (like they said in the previous episode) there is alot of heart in this show making it great stuff.