Type keyword(s) to search

Wrecked Season 1 All Episode Discussion

A British ex-special forces agent leads a rescue mission after a commercial flight crashes on an uninhabited island; the survivors make a discovery that could change everything.

(edited)

The survivors find a satellite phone; Danny confronts his past; Todd learns about the death of his child; a discovery is made that could change everything.

Edited by yeswedo
added description

I enjoyed this. It wasn't laugh out loud funny, but it did make me chuckle quite a bit. The actor from Days who played the Special Forces guy got killed off early. He has no kind of luck.

• Love 6

I figured the game-changing discovery was the satellite phone.  Too bad those morons screwed it up.  That whole plot kind of took me out of the episode, because it felt like it was plucked out of some corny sitcom from the 90s.  Same with the Callaway baby/golf club mix-up.  

Surprised that they didn't reveal that the missing golf club is part of Steve's crutches. 

Some good actors, though.  I thought Steve, Todd, and Pack were probably the strongest.

I laughed when Liam died in the first episode, like Jack was originally meant to do. Even looked kind of like him. Pretty funny. (Sorry for the actor though.)

The Lost references and exaggerations were pretty funny, but I can see it getting old before long if that's all they do.

• Love 1

I agree, the mass vomiting was really low-brow. This show has potential but it's not yet "ROTFLMAO" funny. The best part was the guy (the one pretending to be a cop - Steve?) having hallucinations about his father just like Jack did on Lost.  

• Love 4
On 6/14/2016 at 11:47 PM, DeLurker said:

I spaced out - What was the discovery thatcould  change everything?

I think this is an ongoing joke in the episode descriptions. The first two included this line and it's also in the next episode.

I laughed at no one knowing a phone number to call for help. One of my periodic worries is that I'll lock myself out of my car in an unpopulated area and my cell phone will be in it.

• Love 1

The no on knowing a phone number bit cracked me up because it's true -- I asked my assistant (who is in her early 20s) if she knew any phone numbers, like, from memory, and she did not. 

• Love 1

I thought the pilot episode was very funny, mostly in parodying Lost.   Too bad they killed off James Scott's character though.  I like Zach Creggar a lot.  He was in Guy With Kids, which I liked better than most sitcoms.

I don't know any phone numbers other than my own from nowadays, except the public library where I used to live, because it's very easy to remember, but I still remember other ones from decades ago.  I thought the vomiting was funny.  They're burning dead bodies.  I doubt that smells good.  I'm liking the parodies of Lost.  Golf Club Guy and Aussie Crutches are the only ones I would like to go away.  I think everyone else is fun to watch.

• Love 2

This is such an odd little show. I'm not really getting many laughs out of it but I find it to be pretty clever. The whole bit around people feeling like they should watch Selma instead of Dumb and Dumber To was interesting social commentary but not LOL funny. (And if any of them had read the reviews for Dumb and Dumber To they probably would have opted for Selma.)

• Love 3

The crate of sex toys was amusing, but that one guy's reaction wasn't.  Owning sex toys doesn't make a person a pervert (or a rapist).  Not even owning that many.  However, the guy who owned the sex toys not knowing that "dong" was the currency in Vietnam was pretty funny.

I'm liking this show but I can't help but think of the "look alikes" in the cast. 

* Pack = Aziz Ansari (not so much his physical appearance, but a lot like "Tom" on Parks & Rec than his stand up persona)

* Todd = less attractive Matthew McConaughey + less attractive Bradley Cooper

* Danny = Zach Galifinakis

* Owen = Ryan Reynolds

• Love 2

Todd is definitely poor man's Pablo Schreiber.

I love the "the survivors make a discovery that could change everything" in every episode description!

I'm not taking this very seriously, but it is funny.  About half the cast is missing in every episode.  In this one, Rhys Darby and the two younger women.

And after watching Alone, their shelters need major improvements.

The potty from the airplane must have been the discovery that changed everything in this episode.  Owen was motivated to go it alone, while everyone else shares.  Todd was motivated to declare himself King and hide the pile of stuff.  

It's a lot like Lost in having so many characters that we don't know which ones are only extras yet. 

(edited)

I find this show more amusing than funny, if that makes any sense, and this episode in particular was clever. I still wasn't laughing out loud at any of it, but the obvious parallels between the island election and the current presidential election were well received in my home. "She isn't offering any solutions but people seem to like what she says." Now who could that have been a reference to? Danny actually saving the day was a nice twist. They should do more flashbacks because then it would be even a stronger parody of Lost. And I loved how everyone was holding up their vote and explaining it like on Survivor until Diane from Toledo shut that shit down. 

Edited by iMonrey
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I find this show more amusing than funny, if that makes any sense, and this episode in particular was clever.

Same.  It's not hilarious, but it has its moments.  Todd is still the best character, imo.  His mocking "lawr" when Steve said "law and order" had me cracking up for some reason.

• Love 1

I laugh at the show., especially the Lost and Survivor references.  Todd is getting more Sawyer-like.  I watch this show mostly because Zach Creggar is in it.  I guess he walked away from it.  and it looks like Pack is gone too. 

On 7/7/2016 at 5:47 PM, atomationage said:

I guess he walked away from it.  and it looks like Pack is gone too. 

I saw them in the promo for next week.  Since the cast is so big, I wouldn't be surprised if the characters get rotated weekly.

• Love 1

It was good to have Owen and Pack back.  I like Todd in the hole a little better than Todd out of the hole.  Sometimes, they try to have the whole cast in a scene, and all I can do is try to remember if I've seen them before.  I think the show works better with fewer people in a scene.

• Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I spent the entire half hour yelling "Billy Zane!" at the damn TV?

I kept expecting someone to blurt it out, but I guess the point is that they're all losing their minds, or the part that contains the movie trivia anyway. 

The little pig didn't eat the cheetos or whatever they were, did he?  If not, it was an unsuccessful product placement.  Even a pig wouldn't eat this stuff.

I liked the beginning with Owen and his dad, although at first I was trying to figure out if the dad was one of the lost survivors.

Edited by atomationage

I have to say, I'm with Owen -- at least try to get off the island.  Steve has let his "power" go to his head.

And even if Pack didn't want to admit to hallucinations, he should at least have let the others know that he found some dead folks.

But maybe I'm taking this gloriously silly show too seriously....  :)

• Love 3
On 7/21/2016 at 5:06 PM, Browncoat said:

I have to say, I'm with Owen -- at least try to get off the island.  Steve has let his "power" go to his head.

I agree somewhat.  I don't think Steve is power hungry, but was someone who was a gullible pushover in his life before the island; so he's happy to have some authority.  I doubt he would put anyone in harm's way deliberately, but Owen has a point: they're not supposed to stay there and he can't be the only one who's ready to escape that place.

Lol, I like Todd, so I was sorry that he wasn't there this week.

• Love 2

Cory:  "What are we, just background actors in the story ...."  I guess so, since there's no Cory listed in the IMDB credits.  They show 2 more episodes this season, and a second season. 

I liked Todd with the baby boar Meat in this episode. 

That gun should be out of bullets soon. 

I floved this one because of the backlash for the addition of Nikki and what's-his-face on Lost!  I also loved how it seems the other group of survivors are actually getting answers and getting somewhere with getting  off the island I'll miss this show too. I think it's so funny. 

2 hours ago, SoothingDave said:

Well, that took a dark turn.  Steve is fleeing from murdering his boss?

It's been dark the whole time. Pac's a cannibal and they throw people into pits. Lol. It's been dark but that's my favorite kind of comedy.

• Love 2