Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E03: Once Upon A Time In Wayward Pines

In a series of flashbacks, it's revealed why Jason Higgins was raised to be the leader of the first generation and favored child of Wayward Pines. Meanwhile, Nurse Pam resurfaces and becomes a deadly threat to the town; and Theo continues digging into why he was specifically chosen to join this spooky community.

20 minutes ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

That was a whole lot of retcon bullshit.  Pam gave birth to Jason BEFORE they all went into the fridge. CJ has been awake for years in WP, but never existed at all in Season 1 -- WTF ?

It was used to shove this Pitlor Youth nonsense that I predicted would be complete bullshit last season, they're not interesting or threatening and it doesn't help they characters are only brought back to be killed off, the story is just a dull meandering mess because it lacks any plot structure from the writers making up nonsense after burning through all the books last season.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

How is small pox not under lock and key ?  It's small pox !!!!  Why would they even have had small pox ???  This isn't the CDC.

It's like they copied that plot condition from Under the Dome where the isolated residents get meningitis outbreak for no reason at all.  XD.

• Love 1

The whole first generation thing and the timeline of this show makes no sense. Last season the first generation was the kids who knew about the abbies. Now it is people who were essentially born there? Because then Ben's not another first generation and Jason isn't bound by that stupid rule. He should be bound by human decency, but that's another issue.

I don't get the argument that the Wayward Pines people "saved" Theo, or anyone else by freezing them. If they hadn't, Theo would have lived out his whole life in the 21st century and died long before the world ended and abbies took over. It's a really sucky thing to do, and Theo's story about his father made me think about that.

Is every episode this season going to have someone from last season dying?

• Love 6
(edited)

So we start off this episode with a story narrated by Nurse Pam, as we get to watch her put baby Jason Higgins in one of the cryounits (a baby-sized cryounit no less) at the ripe old age of 2 months.  And listen to Nurse Pam narrate how Jason is the most special boy ever -- so special that he was in all of two episodes in Season 1.  So was Jason born and frozen back in 2014 -- or was he frozen after the thaw 2000 years later ?  Because Ethan was woken 14 years after Pilcher et al, and it's been 3 years since Invasion Day -- which would put Jason around 17-18 if he was never frozen after he was born.  So how long was he frozen ?  Did the writers really not add up the math on this ?

And for some reason, his cryounit already has the WPA logo on it.

As we come back from the credits, we get two baby-faced soldiers going through the woods who hear a noise and discover a deer, but they let it go.  They have a food shortage so why don't they shoot the deer. WTF ?

Based on that one incident with the one deer and no Abbies, Arlene somehow already knows that the Abbies have cheezed it out of the Greater Metropolitan WP area -- and tries to put the moves on Dr. Theo.  Because what happens in WP, stays in WP .... since everyone else in the world is dead.

Jason confirms to Kerry that the Abbies have vamoosed as the thermals indicate there are no Abbies out to a range of 30 miles --- um, where were these thermals in Season 1 ?  Because they always seemed surprised that there were Abbies right outside the fence like they didn't know where they are, but apparently they had thermals all along.

Dr. Theo and Rebecca have a brief conversation about how Theo can't stop asking questions -- and why does everyone follow Jason ?

Kerry and Jason have a little chat while in bed, and decide to start making out -- but didn't Kerry just have major surgery only a couple of days ago ?  so that would kind of put the kibosh on sexytime.  And they hear a big bang and Jason goes downstairs to discover Nurse Pam in his living room with one of his guards. I'm pretty sure Jason has guards 24x7 so how did Nurse Pam even get in the door ?

And it's Flashback #2, where we find out that Jason rode his bicycle in amongst the cryounits as a child, and he was raised by Pilcher and his sister (Nurse Pam).  And he stops and stares at a cryounit housing Emely Martin (whoever the hell that is ?).  We get to see Nurse Pam reviewing the notes about various human popsicles including Kate's husband, Harold Ballinger, who weighs 215lbs and Nurse Pam proudly tells Jason that they will turn this accountant into a toy shop owner.  And on the next page is Emely Martin ... again ... and we find out Emely was a wilderness guide who weighed 147.34 lbs (why was she weighed to 5 significant figures ?).  CJ walks in and mysteriously tells Nurse Pam that the should teach him everything.  And we know CJ is younger because his goatee is not gray.

And we cut back to Nurse Pam in Jason's living room -- Nurse Pam has not aged well in just 3 years since she was last seen in Season 1.  And she gives Jason a kind of pep talk and suggests he let her guide him to complete Pilcher's grand plans for humanity.

And then we get a really odd scene of men spray painting leaves of trees -- are the trees dead because of the "soil poisoning" mentioned by CJ ?  But wouldn't the leaves have all fallen off as well ?  Followed by the Pilcher Youth/1st Genners/brown shirts marching Nurse Pam to the middle of town.  How come everyone was just standing around the middle of town at this time ?  Are there executions at the same time everyday ?  Interesting that the only person in the 1st Genner parade not dressed in brown is Kerry, who is dressed all in black, kind of like the Gestapo (if I remember my Hogan's Heroes correctly). Dr. Theo asks some questions to nearby folks like "who's getting executed today ?" and "who is that woman ?", only to find out it is Pilchers' sister who also killed Pilcher.  I think Theo is impressed by her based on his newfound info.

Hypnoteacher does the eyeroll to end all eyerolls when Jason introduces Nurse Pam as the mother of Wayward Pines.  And Jason welcomes her back and forgives her for killing Pilcher.  And while everyone kind of applauds rather halfheartedly and hypnoteacher rolls off in a snit, Jason starts pounding his fist into his palm and all the 1st Genners join in (because it is so superior to clapping).  Except some of the child extras didn't get the message and are still more clapping than fist pounding.

And Nurse Pam heads back to work at the hospital -- where there are so many doctors (or doctors in training) and nurses (but Nurse Amy is no where to be found), and even Arlene says welcome back.  Remember how the hospital was basically deserted through most of Season 1 until near the end of the season, but a lot of folks were killed in the Abbie attack so where did all these people come from ?  More people thawed from the fridge, maybe ?

Immediately Nurse Pam starts acting shady and is being stalked by Dr. Theo, Nurse Pam chit chats with Dr. Theo and drops some hints that Dr. Theo should start banging the wife and cranking out kids, and subtly drops a hint that they weren't in Hawaii to grab Theo.  As Dr. Theo leaves, Nurse Pam snags a needle.

Meanwhile Flashback #3, poor Jason is sitting by himself in the woods pining for the fjords or some such bullshit narrated by Nurse Pam.  Seriously, these flashbacks have more vaseline on the camera lenses than a Barbara Walters special.  It's distracting.  Jason complains that none of the other kids are his friends at the anniversary of the day Jason was woken -- so I'm still confused, was Jason born before the big freeze or 2000 years later.  Jason doesn't want to be treated special, and wants to know who his real parents are, Hypnoteacher gives him a pep talk ending with how everyone will eventually follow him as the leader.

Meanwhile, back to the present, Hypnoteacher is giving a sex ed class and actually uses the phrase "let's put the 'pro' back in procreation".  There are posters on the wall that say "Let's Get It On", "Do the Deed, We Need to Breed", "Save the Nation with 4nication", "Don't Say Maybe, Make a Baby", "Sex is best as a Test. 1. 2. 3.", and "Why have just one ? When two or more is more fun".  And after flipping over this weird path to parenthood chart, one girl asks about not being ready to get pregnant until after graduation -- as Hypnoteacher gleefully points out several teens in the class who are already pregnant.

This chart is hilarious -- it has the letters K, T, S, L, P, C, C -- which makes total sense (I'm just surprised it didn't spell PILCHER).  There are a bunch of sperm by the letter 'K', a happy young couple between 'K' and 'T', a picture of Pilcher between 'T' and 'S', a sperm fertilizing an egg between 'S' and 'L', a couple making out between 'L' and 'P', nothing between 'P' and the first 'C', a pregnant woman with a view of the fetus in-utero between the first 'C' and the second 'C', and finally a happy couple with a baby after the second 'C'.  What the fuck does Pilcher has to do with any of this ?  Are they inseminating all the teenage girls with Pilcher sperm in order to create some sort of master Pilcher race ?

Hypnoteacher stops the class to name off 4 girls who get to go on a trip to the library -- because they each haven't experienced their "blooming" yet -- so they have to go study up.  Out in the hallway there are even more signs like "Love is in the air.  Get busy ... Do your Share!" and "Seduce. Reproduce. It's the Wayward Way".

Nurse Pam cons her way past the 1st Genner soldiers into the mountain and wanders into Pilcher's office -- to experience a few flashbacks to 3 years ago when she killed Pilcher (good times).  Nurse Pam then goes for a stroll down into the lab past a series of caged Abbies to an unlocked biohazardous storage cabinet right behind the Abbie cages. And pulls out a Pilcher-branded vial of something.  One of the Abbies sniffs the air and gets all riled up -- and in comes Hypnoteacher (I don't think the Abbies like her).  Hypnoteacher and Nurse Pam have a bit of a pissing contest -- basically over who Pilcher loved the most.

Dr. Theo visits Rebecca in her beauty shop -- as Rebecca gives him a little neck trim with a straight razor they talk about Pam Pilcher and where Rebecca's wedding ring is (I suspect that she took it off because she hooked up with another guy in the 3 years before Theo was defrosted).  Theo -- you never piss off anyone with a straight razor anywhere near your neck.  You're just asking for trouble.

Nurse Pam walks back to her house as kids runaway after spray painting 'murderer' and 'traitor' on her house, and hanging an effigy of a woman from a tree limb.  But it's all in good fun, it's just kids being kids </sarcasm>.  Nurse Pam pours through a bunch of old clothes to find a lovely red dress which she lays out on the bed.  Nurse Pam fills the needle with the contents of the vial she stole from the lab, but is distracted by Dr. Theo walking up to her house.  Theo decides to ask Nurse Pam how it felt to beg forgiveness from a child to be accepted back into the community. And then decides to play 20 questions about the WP selection process only Nurse Pam won't have any of it and asks Dr. Theo to leave.  Nurse Pam runs upstairs and injects herself with whatever is in the needle (we still don't know).

Meanwhile, back at the lab, a lab tech or doctor-in-training is inventorying all the infectious disease vials and discovers that one is missing -- Variola Major -- which sends Hypnoteacher into a panic.

Cut to Jason and Kerry going over Pilcher's plans with CJ and Mario the guard, and Kerry is a little jealous of Jason's inclusion of Nurse Pam.  Nurse Pam sidles in as the conversation continues about expeditions outside the fence, followed by Dr. Theo who tells everyone to get up and leave the room without touching each other (or touching themselves apparently) and tells Nurse Pam to stay where she is.  Nurse Pam has injected herself with Small Pox and wants to give everyone the gift of death, in order to stop the killing or some such crazy bullshit.

Time for Flashback #4, where Jason joyously expresses to Nurse Pam that all the traitors are gone and the Abbie threat is contained.  How exactly did they contain all those hundreds of Abbies running amok inside the fence ?  Jason is so proud of killing the traitors but Nurse Pam slaps him and tells him about how life is so precious -- she actually says "it is tragic to lose any one of our small number".  Really ? Because they did an awful lot of killing in Season 1 even BEFORE the Abbies invaded.  How is Nurse Pam surprised that Jason is evil ?  Has she never seen Star Wars ?  Jason was the chosen one, he was supposed to bring balance to the Force ... er, I mean Wayward Pines ... not destroy it.

Jason goes to visit Nurse Pam in a medical quarantine room -- she gives him an ultimatum to let her die by small pox or kill her now -- but not before she tells Jason that he is her son.  So who was Jason's father -- Pilcher ?

Jason leaves and Dr. Theo confirms to Jason that no one else was infected, and he wants to offer the antidote to Nurse Pam but Jason won't have it.  And he takes Nurse Pam out into the woods and Jason strangles her to death.  Because that's what extra special boys do to their mothers.

Jason returns home and doesn't want to talk about it with Kerry, but is focused on expedition details for outside the fence.  I think he is deflecting.

And then Theo tells some lame story to Rebecca about his daddy issues and how he misses his watch.  Whatever.

Nurse Pam gets the funeral pyre treatment, as CJ watches.  I'm sure CJ will exact his revenge or some such nonsense.  Wasn't CJ supposed to be the WP historian or some such nonsense ? So far he has been a farmer/food collector, etc.. And apparently a confidant of the Pilchers.  But why ?

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 7

Oh, look!  Pam is back!  And.... she's dead, already.  This really seems to be the thing for the first season regulars.  Well, Thersea is still alive, but I'm sure that will be rectified eventually.  Either way, at least Melissa Leo had fun camping it up again, but a lot of this made very little sense to me, and in the end, it still failed to make me actually care about Jason as a character, and I have a feeling that was what the main purpose of this episode was.

I know patience is suppose to be a virtue and he'll probably do more in later episodes, but I'm really getting tired of Djimon Hounsou's main purpose being to either spout how exposition or stare from a distance, wherever it's at Jason giving another speech or Pam's corpse being burned.  Come on, man!  You are a multiple Oscar nominee!  Then again, Melissa Leo actually won one of those and somehow got suckered into this...

Speaking of just hanging around and doing nothing, is Kerry/Kacy Rohl ever doing to actually do something besides complain to Jason and be ignored.  Time to get your Abigail Hobbs on, Kacy!

Megan continues to do what she does best, which is be smug and have all her interactions with the children come off very creepy.  What was the explanation again for her having a vial of small pox hanging around (with no lock, apparently)?

The Yeldins are so not peaking my interest right now as leads.  Ethan and the rest of the Burkes had issues, but I don't know.  I was at least kind of interested in them.

• Love 3

This stuff about nothing growing inside the wall still makes no sense. There are trees and grass growing in town....right? But then we see a guy apparently spray painting leaves on a tree. Huh? What's the point of that? Are they are trying to trick people into thinking that the trees aren't dead or something? If so, it's pretty stupid to paint the trees in front of everyone. But that makes no sense since stuff is obviously growing in the town. 

The CJ character is now one of Pilcher's trusted insiders but he was nowhere to be seen in season 1. How long has he been awake? Was he there from the beginning with Pilcher and Pam? If the plan all along was to plant crops why was everyone in season 1 hanging out eating anything they wanted at the restaurant or from their fully stocked refrigerators with no mention of planting crops or conserving food? This show is quickly becoming Dome-ish.

• Love 6

We spent a whole episode on Jason?  Why?  He sucks, he's a nut.  WGAS??

Jason Patric is sleepwalking thru this thing.  3 episodes and I'm pretty much bored and don't care about anyone.  I can look past things like the silly HY clothes if I'm at least interested in the people but I'm not .   Why don't we look more at the abbies?  That's what I was hoping for.

It's not as bad as the really awful Hunters but this new season of WP is pretty dull.  I don't think even Djimon Hounsou can keep me around.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, raven said:

We spent a whole episode on Jason?  Why?  He sucks, he's a nut.  WGAS??

Jason Patric is sleepwalking thru this thing.  3 episodes and I'm pretty much bored and don't care about anyone.  I can look past things like the silly HY clothes if I'm at least interested in the people but I'm not .   Why don't we look more at the abbies?  That's what I was hoping for.

It's not as bad as the really awful Hunters but this new season of WP is pretty dull.  I don't think even Djimon Hounsou can keep me around.

Jason is a dull character as well as the rest of the new characters and the show itself since it's not actually building up to anything.

14 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Oh, look!  Pam is back!  And.... she's dead, already.  This really seems to be the thing for the first season regulars.  Well, Thersea is still alive, but I'm sure that will be rectified eventually.  Either way, at least Melissa Leo had fun camping it up again, but a lot of this made very little sense to me, and in the end, it still failed to make me actually care about Jason as a character, and I have a feeling that was what the main purpose of this episode was.

I know patience is suppose to be a virtue and he'll probably do more in later episodes, but I'm really getting tired of Djimon Hounsou's main purpose being to either spout how exposition or stare from a distance, wherever it's at Jason giving another speech or Pam's corpse being burned.  Come on, man!  You are a multiple Oscar nominee!  Then again, Melissa Leo actually won one of those and somehow got suckered into this...

Speaking of just hanging around and doing nothing, is Kerry/Kacy Rohl ever doing to actually do something besides complain to Jason and be ignored.  Time to get your Abigail Hobbs on, Kacy!

Megan continues to do what she does best, which is be smug and have all her interactions with the children come off very creepy.  What was the explanation again for her having a vial of small pox hanging around (with no lock, apparently)?

The Yeldins are so not peaking my interest right now as leads.  Ethan and the rest of the Burkes had issues, but I don't know.  I was at least kind of interested in them.

Theo's character has had nothing to do for 3 episodes, he's not finding out anything new about the town or the other characters and it's problematic because we have to wait until his character catches up to what we already know.

By contrast, Ethan and the rest of the Burke family, at the very least, were learning about the town and were trying to figure out what's going on.

(edited)

I had active dislike for this episode. It felt contrived and shoehorned in. Very awkward. Any of the older adults frozen would have already been vaccinated against small pox. It just made no sense. I like Melissa Leo but the work in this episode didn't work. To me Jason Patric is trying to bring a gravitas to this that is misplaced. 

Edited by Quickbeam
Forgot words
  • Love 3

But then we see a guy apparently spray painting leaves on a tree. Huh? What's the point of that?

It's a nonsensical program left over from the original WPites efforts to convince their minions that everything is normal in WP.  See, they're actually progressing into forming a working government, the first step being pointless activities because "My boss told me to do it."

• Love 1
(edited)

This episode was awful. Normally, they are just bad, but this one was just horrible. I don't care about Jason and/or why he became a dbag "leader". 

Were they spraying the leaves green so they would look alive so no one would question why they were dying? Just like in S1, they had fake cricket noises at night in the bushes so you would think everything was "normal"

The abbie smelling Pam totally reminded me of Miggs in Silence of the Lambs.

I glad they told us Pam was injecting smallpox because it looked like she was shooting up smack. You would think she would be a bit more eloquent about it since she is a nurse.

I think the actor who played young Jason is also the actor who speaks for Samaritan in Person of Interest.  He's so good/creepy in POI and just meh here.  Even a 10 year old knows good acting + good writing = awesome show!  Too bad WP isn't.  

Edited by juliet73
Punctuation is my friend.
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, NaughtyKitty said:

I am annoyed that they killed Pam.  In my mind, they should have left her outside the gates so she could infect the Abbies with Small Pox.

Now, this is an interesting idea and of course, there is no exploration of this idea on the show. 

• Love 2
On 6/8/2016 at 10:49 PM, ottoDbusdriver said:

Hypnoteacher is giving a sex ed class and actually uses the phrase "let's put the 'pro' back in procreation".  There are posters on the wall that say "Let's Get It On", "Do the Deed, We Need to Breed", "Save the Nation with 4nication", "Don't Say Maybe, Make a Baby", "Sex is best as a Test. 1. 2. 3.", and "Why have just one ? When two or more is more fun".

It looks like someone read Brave New World recently (are any of the women pneumatic?  Not many were in Season 1)  And they were spraying the trees because that same someone also read Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.

I am very grateful for the brave souls who watch this crap so I don't have to!

Did the letters on the chart (K, T, S, L, P, C, C) mean anything?

• Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, jhlipton said:

It looks like someone read Brave New World recently (are any of the women pneumatic?  Not many were in Season 1)  And they were spraying the trees because that same someone also read Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.

Did the letters on the chart (K, T, S, L, P, C, C) mean anything?

Pneumatic ?  Do you mean pregnant ?

There weren't a lot of pregnant women in S1 -- remember Ethan and Theresa's visit to Nurse Pam to talk about fertility ?
But there are several WPA students who are either pregnant or have been shown carrying newborns.  And in the background crowd when Jason shot Ruby the barista there were a couple of women carrying babies or pushing strollers.

They didn't explain the letters in sex class at all.

Here's what I don't get -- have they already burned through all the medical doctors that were in cryo, and Theo is the only one left ?  Because that's the way Jason and Kerry are acting.  And why Jason is willing to put up with Theo's insolence.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Pneumatic ?  Do you mean pregnant ?

Pneumatic means busty (when said of a women) It's used as a routine thing men say about women in Brave New World. Possibly Huxley was implying that men of that future were even more breast-obsessed than men of the 20th century (and therefore, for all all the promiscuity, infantile about sex?).

I don't know about how they stack up in the bust department (pun intended, sorry), but almost all the people in Wayward Pines are above average in looks. I'm sure that was a quirk of the genetic screening process and not at all due to the fact that this is a TV show. 

Edited by Latverian Diplomat
1 hour ago, Latverian Diplomat said:

Pneumatic means busty (when said of a women) It's used as a routine thing men say about women in Brave New World. Possibly Huxley was implying that men of that future were even more breast-obsessed than men of the 20th century (and therefore, for all all the promiscuity, infantile about sex?).

I don't know about how they stack up in the bust department (pun intended, sorry), but almost all the people in Wayward Pines are above average in looks. I'm sure that was a quirk of the genetic screening process and not at all due to the fact that this is a TV show. 

I did not know that -- or remember that, I read BNW so long along.  Never really noticed that any of the characters were particularly 'pneumatic'.

As for the looks dept., it can't be due to genetic screening -- Theo was only taken since it looks like Rebecca was the one they wanted, Kate was only there because she went missing with her partner while visiting WP on a case, Ethan was only there because he and his partner went looking for Kate and her partner, Theresa and Ben were only there because they went looking for Ethan, Pope was only there because he worked for Pilcher, Nurse Pam was only there because she was Pilcher's sister, Hypnoteacher was only there because she was a Pilcher follower who went to work for him on the project. The list goes on.

5 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

I did not know that -- or remember that, I read BNW so long along.  Never really noticed that any of the characters were particularly 'pneumatic'.

As for the looks dept., it can't be due to genetic screening -- Theo was only taken since it looks like Rebecca was the one they wanted, Kate was only there because she went missing with her partner while visiting WP on a case, Ethan was only there because he and his partner went looking for Kate and her partner, Theresa and Ben were only there because they went looking for Ethan, Pope was only there because he worked for Pilcher, Nurse Pam was only there because she was Pilcher's sister, Hypnoteacher was only there because she was a Pilcher follower who went to work for him on the project. The list goes on.

Regardless of the motives for taking people, I had the impression that everyone taken and actually frozen had to be free of whatever genes are a factor in the development of Abbies? I may have just inferred that, expecting the show to make more sense than it does. In any case, it was just a joke.

OT, but FWIW, "Pneumatic" is used 14 times in BNW, 8 times about women, and five times about furniture, and once about shoes. He seems to use it in at least one instance to mean "pleasantly plump" like yiddish zaftig. Again, the fact that the same word is used for comfy chairs and shoes is probably not accidental.

"Every one says I'm awfully pneumatic," said Lenina reflectively, patting her own legs. 

"Awfully." But there was an expression of pain in Bernard's eyes. "Like meat," he was thinking. 

She looked up with a certain anxiety. "But you don't think I'm too plump, do you?" 

He shook his head. Like so much meat. 

"You think I'm all right." Another nod. "In every way?" 

"Perfect," he said aloud. And inwardly. "She thinks of herself that way. She doesn't mind being meat." 

(edited)

As we come back from the credits, we get two baby-faced soldiers going through the woods who hear a noise and discover a deer, but they let it go.

How are there even deer still alive? Let me get this straight: humans devolved into "abbies" because mankind effed up the environment. But, deer were not affected and have remained the same for the past 2000 years? Ok then.

I wonder if Melissa Leo was contractually obligated to do this episode or something. You'd think once she read the script she'd back the hell out. First she's all smug and cagey with Theo in the hospital lab - classic early Season 1 Pam. Then she gets bent out of shape when he shows up at her house asking questions. Uh . . . why did she openly taunt him and goad him in the first place if she didn't expect him to come back with questions??

And I'm still not clear on whether Pam was meant to be Jason's actually biological mother or just thinks of herself as his mother because she raised him. It may be deliberately vague so they can introduce some other parent some time in the future, but whatever.

Edited by iMonrey
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

And I'm still not clear on whether Pam was meant to be Jason's actually biological mother or just thinks of herself as his mother because she raised him. It may be deliberately vague so they can introduce some other parent some time in the future, but whatever.

Which raises the question that if Nurse Pam isn't Jason's mother, who is ?

I'm still creeped out by that picture of Pilcher on the Wayward Pines version of the Game of Life.

They need a few more motivational posters for sex class. like "Don't let the weekly hanging stop you from banging", or something along the lines of the Uncle Sam poster -- "Pilcher Wants You ... to get busy".

Because if they don't start producing enough children now, 15-20 years from now who are they going to execute on a weekly basis.

• Love 4
On June 11, 2016 at 1:29 PM, Latverian Diplomat said:

That's it.   I cited that because the posters in Hypnoteach's class reminded me of the way Huxley's characters would rather mindlessly say things like "A gramme is better than a damn!"

The "Alice" reference was to the gardeners painting the roses.

• Love 2