Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E10: The Full Nelson

• Start Topic

Stephanie hosts an all-day drinking extravaganza to celebrate the Byron Nelson Golf Tournament; Tiffany gets a lead on a new home and tries to convince Aaron to settle down in Dallas; Cary and LeeAnne clash at Stephanie's party

I have known people for fifty years.  Hell, I've known my brothers my entire life, and, we've never discussed pooping the amount of times it's discussed in one hour on this show.  They may have money (or not),  but, they all have a white trash vibe.

• Love 16

These women. Ugh. Tiffany bragging at the end how lucky she is to have her hot husband with his great hair, etc. Really? I really doubt the other women are lusting after him. I don't believe for a minute that they put an offer in on that house. How could they afford it? How do they have any money?

Carey and her husband are too much. Are they massively insecure and feel the need to talk about possibly spending $15 million on a home in Switzerland? The husband buying all of her clothes and doing all of the cooking and Carey acting all "aw shucks" about it is gag worthy. They are just so weirdly odd to me.

Leann wants to write her memoirs? And thinks she will be a huge motivational star speaker? Delusional.

• Love 19

I laughed at the PR agency's silent reactions to LeeAnne. I also laughed when I saw, right near the top of their web page, a glaring typo ("Our Sevices.") Really? All those award-winning reporters, editors, and marketing experts on staff and no one proofed the web site copy?

• Love 12

Oh, and Tiffany, just rent a nice 2-bedroom condo and be done with it. You're not fooling anyone with your champagne tastes.

Yay, Brian shows that there's more to him than silent, annoyed and hostile!

• Love 8

I've never seen a less funny group of women on the Real Housewives franchise.  The only time I laughed the entire season was when Leanne mimicked a cockatoo while talking about Tiffany's hair.  The fashions weren't interesting enough - after a few seasons of watching Gretchen get dressed to the crazy nines just to walk her dogs, I need a little more from this group than unflattering jumpsuits, heavy blush, bland designer gowns and poop hats.

As far as I'm concerned, Dallas should be one and done.  Nothing more to see here.

• Love 5

Four minutes in and poop talk, check.

This cast is pretty much a dud.  Maybe they should have stuck with the charity angle and given them a different venue to interact in and not tried to force the family/at home bit.

15 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

I don't understand the concept of a golf tournament party that has nothing to do with the golf tournament.  It doesn't seem like they went to the tournament or even watched it on TV. 

I don't understand why people that have the money to throw a party at their house for 400 people don't have enough to pay a gardener to clean up the yard.

That guy talking to Brandi at the party seemed like he was hitting on her.

• Love 11

Stephanie's comic delivery is weird: oddly-phrased bon mots, followed by big toothy grin, followed by manic high-pitched laughter. Rinse, repeat. I think she must rehearse before the cameras roll.

Tiffany's found her new calling: Defend-Crazy-Friend-for-Reality-TV-Dollars.

• Love 5

Personally, I found it refreshing to see a party that was held just for the sake of having a party - drinking and having fun with your friends. No charity pretense. However, Travis and his lists. Egads, he would drive me nuts! He was all "WE need to do this" and "WE need to do that". But what he really meant was Stephanie. I seriously hate when people use "we" when they have no intention of being involved. But, at any rate, Stephanie seems to handle him deftly, so I'm not too worried about it. 

I laughed so hard at Keith Suburban acting like it was some big decision - stay in TX or go back to LA. No one wants you in LA, buddy. 

I've come away from this season thinking that Cary is the worst out of all of them. Stephanie is the best. A bit of enabler, but sweet and pretty much harmless. Brandi is pretty immature and likely has a drinking problem, but she's not awful. LeeAnne has behaved pretty reprehensibly, but I can applaud her for seeking out anger management and trying to fix herself. Tiffany is shady as fuck, and she's only a few steps below Cary in my eyes. 

But Cary....homegirl is just calculating. Everything. From how she got her husband to how she behaved at Stephanie's party. She WANTED LeeAnne to confront her. She could talk of nothing else leading up to it. Then she kept acting like everything was so awkward. Please. You're in a house with hundreds of other people. There's no reason you even have to be around LeeAnne, so calm down. I think she wanted to get LeeAnne to say something and cause a fight and come away looking like the victim. I just really do not like her.

• Love 19
5 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Well to be fair they didn't say they had award-winning editors!

Actually, they do say that:

"Real News Public Relations is the country’s first all-journalist Dallas based PR firm, 

staffed exclusively by former award-winning reporters, editors, producers, and marketing experts."

Right above the display of corporate logos.

Apparently no award-winning proofreaders, though.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, archer1267 said:

I laughed at the PR agency's silent reactions to LeeAnne. I also laughed when I saw, right near the top of their web page, a glaring typo ("Our Sevices.") Really? All those award-winning reporters, editors, and marketing experts on staff and no one proofed the web site copy?

That's a good catch.  It's amazing how many times I catch spelling and grammar mistakes on professional documents, websites, etc.  I am not a professional editor or proof-reader, but those people exist.  Hire them, NOW!!!  It's one of my pet peeves for certain, drives me bonkers!!! 

• Love 2

Well to be fair they didn't say they had award-winning editors!

I should have said that to me, this was indicative of the type of firm that would work with the likes of LeeAnne, someone who self-publishes platitudes that she probably amassed from various self-help books.

(I did like LeeAnne's comment to them about "farting glitter" though. I need to remember that one!)

• Love 2

I thought it funny that when Leanne was promoting herself to the PR firm, she referred to her childhood as her "story."  Then when she & Cary were hashing things out at the party, she reams out Cary for calling it her "story." Leanne screamed something along the lines of "don't call it a 'story', it was my life!"  Make up your mind Leanne.

No way could I put up with Travis & his lists.  He really thinks he's the man by having control over Stephanie with his lists.  I guess she's used to it & that's why she says it's no big deal.  It was bad enough when between jobs, my husband would come home & occasionally ask me what I did during the day. I couldn't imagine having to turn my list in & answer Travis' questions EACH day. 

• Love 5

I've come away from this season thinking that Cary is the worst out of all of them. Stephanie is the best. A bit of enabler, but sweet and pretty much harmless. Brandi is pretty immature and likely has a drinking problem, but she's not awful. LeeAnne has behaved pretty reprehensibly, but I can applaud her for seeking out anger management and trying to fix herself. Tiffany is shady as fuck, and she's only a few steps below Cary in my eyes. 

But Cary....homegirl is just calculating. Everything. From how she got her husband to how she behaved at Stephanie's party. She WANTED LeeAnne to confront her. She could talk of nothing else leading up to it. Then she kept acting like everything was so awkward. Please. You're in a house with hundreds of other people. There's no reason you even have to be around LeeAnne, so calm down. I think she wanted to get LeeAnne to say something and cause a fight and come away looking like the victim. I just really do not like her.

This.  Favoring your post just wasn't enough.  

• Love 9
3 hours ago, ghoulina said:

ITA, I know Cary's game and it's not hard to figure out, especially how she snagged her husband.  I believe she is grossed out by him, but loves the idea of saying, "My husband's a plastic surgeon." 

• Love 13

Something just never quite gelled with this franchise and I think it's because Leanne signed on (seemingly) thinking the show was about charity.   If it wasn't RHOD this would have been a Bravo show one and done no one gave a second look at.

I think it should get a second season now that it's officially a RH show, but man if it just wasn't repetitive.

23 minutes ago, geekburger said:

Something just never quite gelled with this franchise and I think it's because Leanne signed on (seemingly) thinking the show was about charity.   If it wasn't RHOD this would have been a Bravo show one and done no one gave a second look at.

I think it should get a second season now that it's officially a RH show, but man if it just wasn't repetitive.

I think a lot of parts would change if they filmed again as an actual Housewives franchise, instead of a show about charity, including the repetition to keep storylines in "theme". Leanne would still be nuts, so there would be that repetition, of course. 

I've always been told that people would much rather get invited to the parties at private houses on the course than go to any official Nelson party. Much bigger deal, socially. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Personally, I found it refreshing to see a party that was held just for the sake of having a party - drinking and having fun with your friends. No charity pretense. However, Travis and his lists. Egads, he would drive me nuts! He was all "WE need to do this" and "WE need to do that". But what he really meant was Stephanie. I seriously hate when people use "we" when they have no intention of being involved. But, at any rate, Stephanie seems to handle him deftly, so I'm not too worried about it. 

It might sound over the top but this would be a relationship-ender for me.  Early on.   I heard his speech about a very structured task oriented childhood and I'm sure it carries over, but you're a grown man, married to a grown woman.   What does your list obsession have to do with me.  Ironically I love lists too.  No, fixing, I love crossing stuff off of lists but making them my spouses passion?  If were Stephanie I'd take up popping bubble wrap just to mess with Travis' nerves.

That Cary is a stealth one, ain't she? Lol.   The whole time, I was like girl LeAnne is not bothering you, go find your girlfriends some sea salt so they can properly enjoy their citrus Patron.  She said "she wouldn't even look up at me" and all I could think was, so?  Is that not standard ignoring operating procedure anymore?

I can barely concentrate when looking at Tiffany, she resembles a younger version of Wayland Flowers' Puppet, Madame.

Did Brandi say her marriage was a mistake?  What's Bryan's deal? He doesn't love her anymore?

Leann?  Rich don't care about you.  At. All.

• Love 13
7 minutes ago, P-Dot said:

I think a lot of parts would change if they filmed again as an actual Housewives franchise, instead of a show about charity, including the repetition to keep storylines in "theme". Leanne would still be nuts, so there would be that repetition, of course. 

I've always been told that people would much rather get invited to the parties at private houses on the course than go to any official Nelson party. Much bigger deal, socially. 

I came to say the same about the Nelson - Stephanie lives on the course so they would have been able to see what, that one hole?  Lol.  (Insert poop joke here) That would be enough for me, for sure.

• Love 3
(edited)

Well, all the Cary hate encourage me to shed my lurker status and post.  Love her.  She is direct.  Brandi gives mixed signals...civil to Leanne even when she runs to others to trash talk her five minutes later.  I'd take direct any day of the week.  I love people who take no crap.  Stephanie is definitely my favorite cast member.  I adore her sense of humor, her positive demeanor and her authentic friendship with Brandi.  

I guess I see sexuality as fluid (on a scale) and really only the business of consenting adults.  Let's say Mark is bi, or a cross-dresser, or fill-in-the-blank.  He is a devoted husband, he treats her kindly and seems to be a great Dad.  His relationship with Cary feels very real to me, perhaps because I don't think any relationship fits into a perfect box.  I have also been involved with men who like to dress up their women.  It isn't unusual.  I don't get the ugly insinuations regarding the possibility he might not be 100% heterosexual.  With recent events, have we learned nothing?  You do you, Mark, I think you're great *exactly* as you are.  

I see no problem with Cary going out of her way to not raise an entitled child.  Gift limits?  Great idea.  

Leanne.  Wow, I hope her therapy includes investigating if she suffers from Borderline Personality disorder.  That disorder is no joke.  I wouldn't walk away, I would run far away of any contact with her, if that is the case.  Unfortunately I have a couple of people close to me with that disorder so I tend to suspect it when I see it.  As someone who also has a short temper, I can say that enabling that behavior will not help.  If Marie (former psychiatric nurse) suspects the same, it makes perfect sense why she would not engage/enrage Leanna further even though Leanna deserved to have a chat with the cops.  BPD would also explain (to me) why Rich won't marry her but also won't break-up with her.  Hell hath no fury....

Tiffany is the devil.  She goes out of her way to start drama where there is none.  So far there are 2? 3? circumstances where she told Leanna it was time to confront someone.  She needs Leanne, her connections ect.  Being the best friend to the person who gets the most TV time is wicked smart if you want to ride the Reality TV gravy train.  Causing drama that hurts a possibly mentally ill "friend" is cruel beyond words. Tiffany had a motive to share the crap-pants-basket story, Marie didn't. Tiffany is ugly on the inside, IMO.

I wish Stephanie lived nearby.  She is hilarious. I love the relationship she has with her husband.  He seems to love her very much.  Relationships can be transactional at their core.  My man works, I get to stay home.  He can give me lists for days, for all I care. I am grateful.  A lot of women with they could stay home but need that additional income.  I am blessed beyond measure.  

Brandi is a bit of an attention whore and therefore a perfect fit for the show.  I think Brian didn't want her to do the show and hence did not appreciate the tears and drama Brandi created for air-time.  I think Brandi should have kept his personal hygiene habits to herself.  Pretty sure we all do things we don't want advertised on national TV.  

Would love a second season, IF poop is not another housewive/storyline like it was this season.  Pretty sure it was used as a theme that supplemented the Poopy Pants Leanna storyline.  Enough. So gross.

This reunion should be a blast.

Edited by TotallyNotFamous
text keeps listing Leanne as Leanna
  • Love 11

I'm going to cosign with everyone that mentioned Brandi & Stephanie's genuine friendship.  I liked watching them be goofy together, hang with all their kids and just be supportive of each other.  And I liked that their husbands were friends too.  Very cool to see on a show like this.

I would have ended up liking LeeAnne had she gotten over herself over the pooping thing.  Damn woman.  It's a funny story and it would not be as big a deal had you not gone deranged over it.

Tiffany and Cary, no.  Nope.  Nope!

• Love 7
30 minutes ago, TotallyNotFamous said:

Love her.  She is direct.  Brandi gives mixed signals...civil to Leanne even when she runs to others to trash talk her five minutes later.  I'd take direct any day of the week.  I love people who take no crap.  Stephanie is definitely my favorite cast member.  I adore her sense of humor, her positive demeanor and her authentic friendship with Brandi.  

See, I don't think Cary is direct.  I think she's full of shit.  She probably saw Mark when he was married, overweight and unhappy and thought, "I can re-make him into what I want, and then I can say, my husband, the surgeon."  She wanted another woman's life and she got it, probably because Mark was in a bad place.  Cary is a vampire, one who feeds off of others' misery.  I have a friend who "trapped" her husband the same way, and now she's worried that someone younger and cuter will be able to offer him more than she can.

• Love 12

Why is everyone still questioning the origin of the poop the pants story?  We saw Marie's friend, on camera, tell Brandi that Marie told him the story.  He's Marie's friend.  Why would he lie if Tiffany told him the story?

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Why is everyone still questioning the origin of the poop the pants story?  We saw Marie's friend, on camera, tell Brandi that Marie told him the story.  He's Marie's friend.  Why would he lie if Tiffany told him the story?

Because much like the worn-out-as-hell Munchausen's story on BH, these women are never going to own it or admit it, and will run it into the ground while trying to get us to join them in the tunnels of hell.

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, cooksdelight said:

Because much like the worn-out-as-hell Munchausen's story on BH, these women are never going to own it or admit it, and will run it into the ground while trying to get us to join them in the tunnels of hell.

I agree.  But I'm also referring to the posters here.  Still blaming Tiffany for what Marie did.  I don't get it.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

It might sound over the top but this would be a relationship-ender for me.  Early on.   I heard his speech about a very structured task oriented childhood and I'm sure it carries over, but you're a grown man, married to a grown woman.   What does your list obsession have to do with me.  Ironically I love lists too.  No, fixing, I love crossing stuff off of lists but making them my spouses passion?  If were Stephanie I'd take up popping bubble wrap just to mess with Travis' nerves.

LOL! And I don't think that's OTT. I'm a SAHM and I fully appreciate my husband shouldering the financial burden on his own. He works hard, physically. And I'm happy to hold down the home front. I don't mind if he asks me to do something for him, but this is MY domain. I know what needs to be done and I do it. If he tried to micromanage my days, I would lose my shit. The way Travis is with Stephanie reminds me more of a father-child relationship than anything. I had a really overbearing father, so that would set me off. But Stephanie seems to be a much more patient person than I. I like how she just laughs him off and does her thing. 

1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

See, I don't think Cary is direct.  I think she's full of shit.  She probably saw Mark when he was married, overweight and unhappy and thought, "I can re-make him into what I want, and then I can say, my husband, the surgeon."  She wanted another woman's life and she got it, probably because Mark was in a bad place.  Cary is a vampire, one who feeds off of others' misery.  I have a friend who "trapped" her husband the same way, and now she's worried that someone younger and cuter will be able to offer him more than she can.

She's pretty much said, on the show, that Mark was a hot mess before she got her hands on him. Maybe it's just me, but I don't enter relationships seeking to change people. Mark seems happy in his skin now, so whatever. But she does come across as very shallow and fake to me. 

• Love 10

When the day comes that my husband or whoever needs to tell me that I need to clean up the dog or cat poop, you can just cart me away to the old folks home. LOL, if there's one thing I maintain without being told, it's the proper care of my pets.

• Love 2

Anyone have any idea why last night's episode is still not up on Bravo's website? I fell asleep and missed the whole thing. In the past, they have it posted by the next morning. And I don't think they're repeating it until the weekend. Strange.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Based on my observation of the people referenced elsewhere and the Afterbuzz link.  What we see in the show is manipulated, I like getting more info from other sources to get a more complete picture, then form an opinion.

I think it's unkind to insist that someone "stole" their husband from someone else without knowing for sure.  I'll leave that crap to Leanne.  Not to mention that it is impossible to steal an independent person.  He's an individual able to make his own decisions regarding his personal life.  Mark isn't property. 

• Love 4

I also think that Tiffany and Cary are the worst shit stirrers in the bunch, which is why I like them the least.  When you can't have fun at a party with 300-400 people without picking a fight with one, it's time to go home.  I still believe Marie was the teller of the tale, but I like her best because she knows how to behave - avoid the ones you're fighting with and have fun with the others.  And I think Cary probably is direct with people, which is good in it's place (like at the luncheon when Leeann was bitching about Brandi and she told her to get off her "high society horse"), but for this episode and the previous one, she had no reason to be fighting with Leeann at all.  Especially this one, but she went to that big party just looking for a fight.  I was happy Leeann recognized it and didn't give her what she wanted.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I know you mean on the boards, but I was thinking about it last night and what I think Tiffany and LeeAnne don't get is that the other ladies don't care who told. The story was a passing giggle and it was LeeAnne's reaction that became the actual issue. LeeAnne thinks that if the other women knew she was "betrayed," they would totally understand why she flew into a rage. They wouldn't, both because they don't like her and because it was so over the top that it would have been overkill even if Marie had actually betrayed her and sold her out as a Russian spy. 

• Love 8
(edited)

The previous week's After Buzz show had Marie on it and I posted a link to it on the last episode thread. It tell's Marie's side of the story.

I hope this show gets a second season. 

Tiffany is not needed on this show. All she does is act as a cheerleader/mouth-piece for LeeAnne who can speak for herself. Tiff is boring and a crappy shit-stirrer. I can't stand LeeAnne but think she is good for the show (an entertaining villain). LOL @ LeeAnne going batshit crazy about Cary saying the word "story" when LeeAnne herself used it in the same context numerous times during this and other episodes. What a moron! 

I love Stephanie & Brandi's genuine friendship!

Edited by Vicky8675309
  • Love 6
18 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I totally agree with you. I said it from the moment she mentioned in one of the first episodes he was not that great to look and as was fat. She saw him, his money and the status of being a doctors wife and made him her target. Not that I give her all the blame I know he had to leave his first wife, but seeing how shady as fuck she is I am sure she came on to him real strong. The only thing I like about them two is how he told her all the shit with Leeanne does not matter and to be the bigger person. Did she head his advice of course not because she likes so start shit and then try to play innocent and pass blame. 

I still do not know why but I like Leeanne the most maybe because she if she has something to say she puts it right out there. She does not hide in a room with other women plotting and planning. Maybe it is because she can hold a conversation without being shit-faced drunk and talk about farting and pooping, who knows. If it returns I still would watch just to see them deplete the alcohol supply in Texas!

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Vicky8675309 said:

The previous week's After Buzz show had Marie on it and I posted a link to it on the last episode thread. It tell's Marie's side of the story.

I hope this show gets a second season. 

Tiffany is not needed on this show. All she does is act as a cheerleader/mouth-piece for LeeAnne who can speak for herself. Tiff is boring and a crappy shit-stirrer. I can't stand LeeAnne but think she is good for the show (an entertaining villain). LOL @ LeeAnne going batshit crazy about Cary saying the word "story" when LeeAnne herself used it in the same context numerous times during this and other episodes. What a moron! 

I love Stephanie & Brandi's genuine friendship!

I think my favorite rationalization was Cary's alleged homewrecking was far worse than LeeAnne losing it.  I never understand the projection with RH when their moments are filmed.  Thanks for the link to Marie's side-far worse than imagined.

I would see no reason they wouldn't give it a second season-they need to get started filming ASAP without Tiffany.  Tiffany does talk in circles as she is not as bright as she claims.

I am still trying to find the less offensive synonym for LeeAnne's life story.  I guess her biography, her autobiography, her spiel, her truth.  Don't know.

• Love 2

I'm sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere, but what does Tiffany do?

She made a comment like "Aaron has seen me blossom here in Dallas..." and I still think it was a mistake for them to think that he will have the same opportunities in Dallas. I can understand if Tiffany had aging parents in the area, but what is she doing in Dallas that she couldn't do in Nashville or LA?

I looked at her bios online and it looks like most of her entertainment work happened in the early 2000s. What is she doing now, beyond Sanctuary of Style? SoS has under 5,800 Facebook followers and I don't see this as a big cash cow. Maybe she was thinking Aaron would have less competition in Dallas than L.A., that he could become a big fish in a small(er) pond?

Aaron seems like a nice guy and I hope he's not shooting himself in the foot. I just don't see that Tiffany is doing something unique to Dallas that she couldn't do anywhere else.

Shocker that Tiffany and Aaron were out bid on the house...first you have to put in a bid...lol. 

Is it really that bad that I want to see Leanne and Danielle from NJ as the only participants in a Big Brother situation?  The crazy would be epic.

I predict that Cary will enjoy pushing Leanne's buttons during the reunion. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Austin would be better for Aaron but Dallas is better for Tiffany since this show is why they moved back to Texas (imo)

I think LeeAnne will push Cary's buttons. Cary is relatively sane whereas LeeAnne is a drama queen.

Edited by Vicky8675309
bush is not that same as push
  • Love 1