Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E05: Did I Marry A Man-Child?

(edited)
On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 3:43 PM, PityFree said:

Everyone has been commenting on Taylor's Bump-it... but it was actually the dog under her hair. 

This is the type of comment I live for, and the whole reason I subject myself to reality TV. :-)

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 7:28 PM, lilsadone said:

I'm just happy someone finally asked about the wig!! 

She's been wearing the wig almost the entire season. So I believe the talking heads were mostly shot after the weddings happened. 

All the shots and talking heads of her where she is wearing that half up/ half down, with no center part, is her in the wig. You'll also notice the texture of the hair (when they shoot her from the back) is just a bit stiffer and not as naturally wavy as her own hair was before she was married. It almost looks like suddenly her hair is very dry, but the reality is, I think it's harder to notice because we really haven't seen her with her natural hair in some time (other than those first few segments of them still dating, where she is not in a talking head)

All the shots and talking heads where you see a clear center part with scalp showing, where her hair is mostly down (like her wedding) / or all down (as shown in the scenes when they were still dating) is her own hair. 

She leaves out only the front hairs, to cover where the wig starts.  Wigs are pretty common in the black community (I'm black) so I've seen them all, worn a few, and I'm pretty good at recognizing them from a mile away. There is also a huge Orthodox Jewish community in my city (L.A) and I've seen them rocking their wigs too. 

Anyway, here are a couple screen shots. You can see where the wig starts because it's unnaturally lumpy and there is a good "crease" (for lack of a better word) where the wig starts, because she doesn't have much of her natural hair out and brushed over it sometimes.  

In this one, she just didn't have enough of her own hair out at the temple area, where it's naturally thinner for her, to cover the wig lump

And it's super obvious in this shot... see what i mean? She how it's like a hair speed bump right by her temple... wig.

Other times it's hard to tell, because she'll have the wig starting further back with more of her own hair pulled out to cover it -- but if you don't see a center part, it's usually her in the wig.  In this pic it's a good example, because in the very front center, you see where her hair has it's natural part (probably from years of wearing it parted in the center).  But it magically stops, and you see a little lump... that's the beginning of the wig. 

<<pictures snipped for quoting>>

I think she's still learning how to style it, and just combing the left out hairs over it and pinning it back, as she does, is the easiest and fastest way to fix it (I've worn a wig that way too). 

Vicky's Mom was right -- her natural hair is gorgeous. The texture and color are beautiful. I see what you mean about the wig making her hair look dry. The color isn't quite right, either ... it's lighter than her natural hair. Even so, I think her wig looks fine, but agree that it will look better once she learns to style it. Thanks for the pics and the pointers, Lilsadone!

Edited by Scorpiosunshine