Type keyword(s) to search

The Cast in Other Roles: We Are All Someone Else Sometimes

(edited)

I couldn't find a post for cast in other rolls and thought it might be interesting because there are so many international parts on the show.  For example.  I knew I recognized him from somewhere but I couldn't place it.    Wolfang played by Max Riemelt looked familiar as hell.  He is in two of my favorite German movies "The Wave" and "Before The Fall".  There was also "We Are The Night"  Which is ok if you don't go crazy when foreign movies get English dubbed.  Even I found it distracting and I don't get distracted easy.    I just found it surprising how many movies I have seen him in.  Movies I really liked.  

<----Edited to add that the actor who plays Felix Wolfgang's friend was also in "The Wave".  

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 1
(edited)

Tina of course has been in the Exotic Marigold Hotel movies. Her fiancee I best remember from his VJ days.

And of course, Anupam Kher who plays Kala's father is one of the most respected actors in Indian film, television and theatre. One of his more memorable international roles would possibly be in Bend It Like Beckham. 

Edited by romantic idiot
  • Love 1

So someone around here has seen "We are the Night" - nice.  There is the story, that Gansel had to rewrite the script a bit because the story had some similarities to Twilight, which meanwhile had opened successful the market for a new batch of vampire movies. I'd prefer "We Are The Night" over Twilight any time, even in the English dubbed version (pretty unusual, but, Germans dub every foreign language movie in German, maybe they hoped to be able to sell it better with an English version, lol)

All 3 of the films you are mentioning were done by the same director by the way, Daniel Gansel, he likes to work with Max Riemelt.

Another of Max's movie some at least by now seemed to have heard of is "Free Fall" (Freier Fall), where he plays a gay police officer coming new into a team, causing some feelings in one of his male colleagues.

Brian J Smith is sure known by many as Matthew Scott in "Stargate Universe".

Tuppence Middelton was busy. Although I just a short while ago realized that she was on the 2-part episode of Bones in 2008, which played in London. Tuppence worked with The Wachowski before on "Jupiter Ascending". Somehow I ended up seeing the movie more than once, and think it gets oddly better with repeated views, the kind of silly camp fun scifi good. And what a different character Tuppence played there, nothing sweet about that one. Tuppence played recently in two BBC series, "Dickensian" and "War & Pride". And shouldn't forget she was in an episode of the very good anthology series Black Mirror (it's a available on Netflix)

Bae Donna has done movies with The Wachowskis before as well, she was in Cloud Atlas and Jupiter Ascending. But not the only work she's done. She was much praised for her acting in the South Korean film "A Girl at My Door", where she plays a lesbian police officers. Haven't seen it yet, but it is on my list.

Jamie Clayton did that funny interactive webseries "Dirty Work". Recently she was on an episode of Motive. She is in the upcoming movie The Neon Demon in a small role, and has filmed scenes for The Snowman, a crime thriller with Michael Fassbender, Chloe Sevigne and Rebecca Ferguson, James Darcy and more, movie is in post-production.

Freema Ageyman was one of Doctor Who's companions and as well on Torchwood. Aside of that she was a regular on the UK spin-off of Law&Order and in the Carrie Diaries.

• Love 1

If after rewatching season 2 you still need a sense8-ish fix, Netflix has just added a new Bae Doo Na Kdrama called Stranger (aka Forest of Secrets on other websites). She doesn't do a tonne of Korean tv drama, so this is pretty special and the show itself is sense8tional.  I've been watching it elsewhere and I'll promptly do a rewatch on Netflix, not only because it's required viewing but to also give Doona respectable Netflix numbers, and maybe nudge TPTB towards a Sense8 season 3!! She plays a detective and Jo Seung Woo plays a prosecutor and together they try to untangle a web of secrets, lies and corruption within the top law enforcement, political and financial circles of Korea. Impressively it's written by a rookie; and together with Misaeng, Incomplete Life (also available on Netflix) and Signal (available elsewhere) it's one of the top rated Kdramas of all time. Well deserved too. If you don't mind subtitles, do check it out. [Be warned: pay attention, otherwise you'll be confused as it gets convoluted but without ever dropping a thread.]

Edited by Boundary

I started watching the third season of Narcos a few weeks ago and Miguel Ángel Silvestre (Lito) plays a recurring character named Franklin Jurado. It was awesome to see him again! The character he plays is very different from Lito so it was cool to see him play a totally different person, but it also made me miss sweet Lito.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 1
On 8/1/2017 at 6:14 PM, Boundary said:

If after rewatching season 2 you still need a sense8-ish fix, Netflix has just added a new Bae Doo Na Kdrama called Stranger (aka Forest of Secrets on other websites). 

I like Forest of Secrets title better than Stranger. ? 

Anyway, I’m watching this now, and I’m really enjoying it. Bae Doona plays a character that’s the complete opposite of Sun. She’s quite good in this too. Not that I thought she wouldn’t be. 

Edited by Enero

Miguel Ángel Silvestre (Lito) made a cameo appearance in the Netflix Original movie Ibiza as hot stud at a swingers party in Ibiza.    It was cool to spot him.

• Love 1