Type keyword(s) to search

BIP 3: Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

(edited)

So Reality Steve has posted on his Twitter some pretty compelling "proof" that all 3 engaged couples are still together.  

Carly posted a pic of her preparing food in what is clearly Evan's kitchen, Josh and Amanda are standing in line at Target and TMZ posted a pic of Lace & Grant at what looks like a patio get-together.  These folks just DO.NOT. know how to be discrete!  ;-)

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 2

Jade posted some instagram ad from Tanner's backyard before the show ended last season so Carly obviously didn't learn anything from her BFF cause she did the same exact thing.  Idiots.

And the target picture is hysterical cause they are wearing hats that look ridiculous and you can obviously tell its them.  I would have asked for a pic!

• Love 1

I honestly don't get the impression that the Bachelor In Paradise couples try particularly hard to hide after the show and I don't think the producers really care. I mean obviously they can't just boldly go talk about it and take pictures all over the place together, but I've always felt that for whatever reason, the producers are way more lax about this show than they are about the Bachelor/Bachelorette. 

• Love 4

This show is far more about the entertainment factor than the "happily ever after" so I think production doesn't care if these couples shouted from the rooftop that they are together. It's not the same as the original show, where it's supposedly this epic love story. This is a bunch of hot(ish) people hooking up and if some happen to end up together that's cool but if not, no one really cares.

I like knowing who ends up together ahead of time so I can pay attention to how their story unfolds. With this many people it's hard to know who to follow.

THIS is the show where I really rely on Reality Steve's Episode-by-Episode spoilers.  Since they have people coming & going more frequently, his "cheat sheet" is really handy!  And yeah, the "secrecy" aspect is totally downplayed on this show, as it should be.  But I think the non-spoiled people are going to be pretty surprised at some of the couples that result. 

• Love 3

Having seen the first episode, I find it even more ridiculous that Grant proposed to Lace a mere two weeks after she was face-fighting (TM one of the twins) with Chad and Grant initially declared that she was too crazy for him. And didn't RS say a few weeks ago that they got matching tattoos? I'm sure that's going to end well. 

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Fanny Mare said:

Josh is trying too hard to revamp his image. I saw him on another show, his being with children( fake) he called Andi some pretty foul names. I give it 6 months, if that.

I saw him on Famously Single. Was he on another one? 

• Love 1

For the 6 or 7 people that actually read Andi's book, her accusations of his cruel and raging behavior are just that.  Accusations. Anybody that did not personally hear Josh say those things to her are just taking her word for it.  

Of course she's going to lay all the blame for their broken relationship at his feet.  Take any blame in herself?  Nope, this is Andi Dorfman. 

Reality Steve keeps talking about Josh trying to "revamp" his image, but based on his televised actions on "Famously Single", only Andi can accuse him of bad behavior.  He was incredibly polite, calm & well intentioned on that show.  However, if he does indeed provoke people needlessly and with malice on "BIP3", then will it actually be real?  The editing and frankenbiting on those shows is notorious for putting words in people's mouths and misrepresenting things blatantly.  We could see him being a total asshole of Chad proportions, but will never know how real it is.

I'll reserve judgement until I actually SEE him behaving badly, then I'll still take it with a grain of salt.     

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Fanny Mare said:

I  saw him on Famously Single. Was he on another one? 

Just that one, remember he wouldn't go out with anyone who wasn't a 10. He called Andi a whore

I don't remember much about him on The Bachelorette except that I had a feeling they wouldn't last. I didn't like Andi much though so I never felt the need to read her book. So when I saw him on famously single I guess I had fresh eyes and I didn't dislike him. I wasn't offended by anything he said.  It didn't seem like he was on the show very much. As far as him not wanting to go out with anyone who isn't a 10, well, I feel that way too. I want to be physically attracted to who I date so to me my boyfriend is a ten. Maybe he wouldn't be a ten to someone else and that's ok. To me, Baby Dragon Face is NOT a ten. I guess she is to Josh though.

• Love 2

I googled Baby Dragon, and now I can't unsee it either. You guys are hilarious!

I wonder whether Josh got to meet Amanda's daughters before proposing, but I think it's unlikely that TPTB would fly them out to Mexico. I think the moment he realizes that life with Amanda means he has to play second fiddle to her kids, he'll be running for the hills. Remember how Ben was paying so much lip service to how great it was that Amanda was a mom, but then after actually spending a day with two toddlers, he couldn't get out of there fast enough? I think it would be the same with Josh.

• Love 1

This show should not require a proposal at the end to be considered successful. I think it would be a success if there was a match, meaning two people want to continue seeing each other after filming ends. What's wrong with that? 

I'm pretty sure RS said that Amanda did not introduce her kids to Josh before the proposal.  So that makes him proposing and her excepting even more ridiculous.    And I hate the fact that Amanda yammers on about finding a father for her girls.  Last time I looked, they HAVE one.  Ditto for Evan and Carly, that they would make such a life altering decision without thinking of the kiddos involved in all this.   But its all for show anyway so I guess it really doesn't matter. 

Looking forward to Josh vs Nick 2.0 tonight.  

• Love 1

Carly is really not attractive.  Does she realize this about herself? Yikes.

I cruised over to her Instagram and the comments are funny.  People saying how rough her date was and they don't know how she put up with Evan.  Isn't it awkward for everyone to know you were disgusted with your fiancé? I wonder how he feels about it.

• Love 3

I would think that Carly gave Evan a head's up that her talking head pieces wouldn't be nice.   Or I would hope she did as that it would be brutal if she didn't.  

The fact that she isn't feeling him at the beginning but then ends up getting engaged is just crazy since we are talking about less than 3 weeks.   

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, CindyBee said:

I would think that Carly gave Evan a head's up that her talking head pieces wouldn't be nice.   Or I would hope she did as that it would be brutal if she didn't.  

The fact that she isn't feeling him at the beginning but then ends up getting engaged is just crazy since we are talking about less than 3 weeks.   

Maybe she's trying to pull a Michelle and Cody. Michelle didn't like Cody until they spent the night together literally the night before they left Paradise. Maybe Evan can lay it down if you catch my meaning lol. He does own dick companies, as Chad so eloquently said.

I would be very surprised if Amanda would be allowed to move her kids to Atlanta as Nick (her ex) is very much part of his kids lives.  

I'm still very perplexed how Carly goes from loathing her plastic snowman to accepting his proposal in less than 3 weeks.   Looking forward to seeing if RS has any inside scoop in his blog today.

Edited by CindyBee
cause I know its accept not except!
  • Love 2

I can't bring this up in the episode thread (Jen hasn't arrived), but last night Nick said his head was 7 and 3/8ths--a size for fitted baseball caps--which viewers were invited to interpret in a dirty fashion. During the episode Jen tweeted "I need 7 and 3/8ths glasses of wine right now."

There must be some sexual subtext but I don't get it. Large penis --> getting drunk?? I'm baffled.

Edited by Bugs Meany

Ugh that's too much information, Jen.   Now I really need brain bleach.   

I was reading some of the post show tweets/recaps this morning and Josh really is going to be the guy everyone hates this season, now that Chad is long gone.   And Amanda is taking a hit too, which she should as it was just as tacky for her to swap spit with Josh right in front of Nick.  

I wish we could fast forward through tonight's episode as it just has the duds Christian and some random guy that get sent home after just a day or two in paradise.  

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, dom16 said:

Somehow, Grant and Lace ended up looking like the most stable and healthy relationship out of the 3 engaged couples. 

You know I almost put that in my above post but didn't cause I thought it was too crazy of a thought.  So that says alot about the other two if Grace is the "normal" couple of the season---so far.  

And luckily Fleiss doesn't give a shit about the next Janner as there is no way in hell any of these three couples will find any type of "fans" after this is all over with.   So sorry Carly, you won't be getting that big, beautiful TV wedding like your bestie.

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Who is this Jen who has not arrived yet.  There are sooooooooooooo many Jens! 

Jen was on Ben's season;  she went out mid season.    Bugs can tell you more, very beautiful girl.

She comes in next episode with Caila and Ashley and immediately hits it off with Nick.  Sounds like they had a summer fling but are still flirty on social media.

• Love 1

Maybe I'm being naive but I didn't take Jen's comment as sexual. I think it was a "wink, wink" but I think it was as a play on the number Nick mentioned. While they haven't been as blatant as people like Josh and Amanda, maybe because she wasn't on the show from the beginning, she and Nick have been doing this sort of subtle back and forth with the constant re-tweeting, liking each other's posts/images, etc. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, CindyBee said:

Jen was on Ben's season;  she went out mid season.    Bugs can tell you more, very beautiful girl.

She comes in next episode with Caila and Ashley and immediately hits it off with Nick.  Sounds like they had a summer fling but are still flirty on social media.

Is anyone else struck by the fact that they've had a group of look-alike blondes, (except for 2, I think)  and next bring in a group of brunettes? 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ally862 said:

Are we sure Evan and Carly get engaged??  I just don't see it after the last 2 episodes!  What could possibly happen to turn things around?

Besides Reality Steve's intel, If you zapruder the "this season on BiP" you can see THREE proposals happening so yeah, it seems like they did get engaged after she spent like the first week of their three weeks together actively trying to get away from him.    Crazy.  And makes her look even more like a total fool.  

• Love 1

So Josh is losing it. I guess as a way to diffuse the Twitter backlash he's getting, he linked to RS's spoilers in a tweet. I assume his intent is to show that Nick moves on to Jennifer and so any feelings for him about the Amanda/Josh situation is unnecessary. Meanwhile, his mother who is clearly one of those parents who needs to cut the strings, took to her Facebook to say that Nick and Amanda actually talked after the first rose ceremony where they agreed to date others because apparently Nick told Amanda honestly that he was on the show to meet Jennifer. 

Thing is, what Josh and his mother aren't getting, is it's not that Amanda went off with Josh that people are really judging (yeah some think she came across callous in not talking to Nick which she has said happened) but more how Josh came across. And that was as an arrogant, oily, manic guy with an obvious axe to grind against Nick and so a major motivation of his going after Amanda was because Nick had previously gone on a date with her. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 9

Josh's redemption tour so far is an epic fail.   He's making Andi come off in a sympathetic light and boy that is something I'd never thought I'd type.  He and Amanda might be able to salvage some of their "fame" at the end of this but the damage has been done.  People loathe him right now and I can't see some stupid engagement saving them from ridicule, especially if the twins departure in episode 4 does lead to him blowing up at the house, especially Nick.

Carly has taken to twitter too.  Sorry Carly, you too have done serious damage to your "brand".  Good luck in getting it back but getting into a farce of an engagement isn't going to help.

• Love 2

It looks like after Jade and Tanner TPTB decided that a genuine love story is no longer interesting to the viewers and decided to go for maximum train wreck with the three "engagements". I can't imagine the producer manipulation that must have gone on behind the scenes to get Grant, Evan, and Josh to propose.

I don't think much arm twisting had to go on;  All they had to do was tell those guys "did you read that Us Weekly article where it was reported that Janner is going to make $1 million this year"?!?    Those three would have probably fell over themselves to get to Neal Lane after hearing something like that. 

Edited by CindyBee
  • Love 4

My guess is that Carly realized she may have to settle, and did so before her plastic snowman could melt.   Doesn't she always break up like two months later?  Anyway, I am mortified for her.   Evan isn't even a beta fish let alone a beta human male.   If fisticuffs ever go down, Carly will have to defend his weenie ass.    I feel bad that this is the best she can do.  

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

My guess is that Carly realized she may have to settle, and did so before her plastic snowman could melt.  

Before her plastic snowman could melt….LMAO!  I thought the same thing.  It would be one thing if she hadn’t been so disdainful of him.  If she had just said she wasn’t really feeling it but then later came to realize there were things she really did like about him, I would probably shrug it off,  but this comes across as a last ditch effort to keep herself relevant.  I have no love for Evan either.  It seems a little pathetic that he would actually propose to her after all that.  They both must really want the attention that the franchise offers them.  There is no way in hell that this relationship is more than these two trying to hitch their wagons to Bachelor Nation’s star. 

• Love 1

Could Carly and Evan's whole situation be an act?  I thought her breakup with whatever his name was last season seemed fake.  Something about her reaction seemed like she was acting to me.  Maybe these two idiots got in touch before the show and came up with this plan because they knew everyone would talk about it. I don't know, I just don't see how she can go from SO repulsed to in love and accepting a proposal within weeks.  And Evan is a doofus but I can't believe how he thinks it's a good idea to interrupt Amanda's makeout session with his handmade date card.  It just can't be real.  Right??!

I think Evan and Carly are a fake couple. Think about the dramatic love story. The girl doesn't like the nerdy guy but then falls in love with him because he has a heart of gold or some such shit. It's like that movie Can't Buy Me Love or any number of cheesy 80's movies with the same theme. The mistake they're making is that she's going overboard. Instead of just disliking him and not feeling the chemistry, she's acting completely disgusted. I dont mind that the THOUGHT of kissing him completely grosses her out. The thought can change when the kiss happens and sparks fly and it turns into a beautiful love story. But she DID kiss him and acted like it was the worst and most vile thing that ever happened to her. A physical attraction can't magically happen if you have to throw up after kissing the guy because it was that disgusting and I don't care how wonderful he is. So she and the producers should have put more thought into their Beauty and the Beast love story. It isn't believable and there's no way that after all of her terrible insults she will be accepting a real marriage proposal two weeks later. 

• Love 3
On 8/6/2016 at 2:55 PM, Nowhere said:

I saw him on Famously Single. Was he on another one? 

OMG!  I skipped that show because of Brandi and the Jersey Shore guy.  Damn it, now have to go back.

On 8/9/2016 at 1:27 AM, chocolatine said:

That story says they're planning to buy a place in Atlanta - can Amanda just move her kids across the country if she shares custody with their father?

It differs state to state.  In Michigan you can't even leave the county but I hear in other states as long as the parent who moves assumes the the travel expenses then it can happen.  I still think it is horrible to do to the kids.

• Love 1

Yeah, I'm going to bet Amanda's toddlers were staying with their daddy and his parents while she went on these shows to find her true love (pretty sure that's where they were for The Bachelor filming, at least). But never mind, mommy found them a rich stepdaddy!

14 hours ago, poopchute said:

Could Carly and Evan's whole situation be an act?  I thought her breakup with whatever his name was last season seemed fake.  Something about her reaction seemed like she was acting to me.

Plausible except that post-BiP she kept trashing Kirk all over the place. I can't imagine he would have signed up for that.

• Love 1

Bwah! I don't think Carly is as unattractive as some, but I'm willing to bet her disposition is a major turn-off.  Given her spiel about Kirk, you'd think she would have the self-awareness not to trash Evan on camera.  If only. 

Josh and Amanda probably should have ignored the backlash and gone about their business.  But who am I kidding? All of these people love the attention in one way or another.