Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E10: From Here To Paternity

• Start Topic

Eh, I think this show still has some steam left in it. It hasn't yet sunk to the depths of the New York Housewives, which is just Bethenney screaming insults at the top of her voice. I think the T-Rav and Kathryn storyline next year will have more movement; this year they had to play nice since she was so preggers.  And we have yet to see Thomas escape through the bedroom window as the previews promise!

Even though she's vapid, I enjoy Landon. There is something about her desperate, failed Southern belle persona that you don't see on all the other Bravo shows. Her struggle is real, y'all! Plus, the potential for continued failure remains.  

I'd like to see some cast additions .... there have to be one or two more famewhores lurking in the bars that will pep this up. I'd dump Craig and JD and downgrade Whitney and Shep to 'friends of' status. You don't want to lose Whitney because then you lose Patricia's house and the butler. I used to love Shep but he offers nothing beyond drunken escapades. Cameran can stay, I like her clothes and commentary.

• Love 4

I heard last year, while guesting on Bravo' s WWHL, and obviously "drunk as a skunk,"  Bethenney was blathering on about her bitter divorce, not giving him a dime of her hard earned money, never allowing him to see their child, then making the most disgusting accusations about the man... when by chance, her soon-to-be ex's attorney tuned into to the show & heard those comments. Don't know what that lawyer said or threatened Ms. Frankel with, but that divorce & child custody arrangements were agreed to in a New York Minute.  Sometimes reality tv sucks!

(edited)

Craig - how did this guy even make it through law school? He seems to the lack the focus or commitment to work for anything that doesn't provide him with instant gratification. That sit down with his former boss was a lovely truth bomb that he deserved to hear. He hasn't changed and he's the same flighty Craig he was last year - the only difference being that he's now in a relationship so his flightiness isn't taken in the form of a partying all the time. If he managed through law school, makes me think that he is a smart guy that has rested on his intelligence far too much that he hasn't learned or appreciated that success needs just as much hard work as it is needs smarts.

Landon - I knew her concept was too good for her to have envisioned herself. It's a total rip off of the City Guidelines site. That said, how empty do you have to be that you want to pitch a website and you decided to present your idea on paper? Landon is such the damsel where we follow her struggles yet many of her struggles are self-inflicted by way of not listening to the great advice she's being given. If she had listened well at her first meeting, she would have been far more prepared for this one - instead she wasted both their times. I hope he didn't fly to Charleston just for that business meeting :0. Not sure why Landon said that Shep needed to meet her halfway after her confession - wouldn't that only apply if both shared feelings and only she was the one showing any willingness or effort in trying to make the relationship work? If he doesn't feel the same way, then not sure what she's expecting him to meet her halfway with. 

How sweet, one day Kensie can watch the antics of her parents and in the midst of all that, she'll get to see her father call her a derivative. What an asshole. The paternity test came back inconclusive? Of course Thomas is going to believe that baby is his - he got his son. Life complete.

Shep, how does he even get girls to begin with? He's a sweet guy but man his appeared laziness and lack of commitment is a reputation that precedes him. Do these girls just enjoy a challenge and think that perhaps they'll be the awesome girl that makes him fall in love and give up his ways? 

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Love 3
(edited)

I agree Landon was dumb to say  Shep should meet her halfway. Nope, only if he shared her feelings. Then we saw him tell (was it?) Pat that he and Landon had a talk once (after that infamous makeout session) and she gave him several reasons they should not date, which he thought over and agreed with. Since he likely hasn't changed one bit even if that was 5 years ago, no wonder her sudden confession of love made him choke on his drink.  

It all seems like producer manipulation to me. No way did Lockhart Steele fly to Charleston just to have a 15-minute meeting with Landon. She said she knew him from somewhere; maybe he grew up there or went to school ther, has friends or relatives he visits so agreed to appear on the show in this role. Maybe they did fly him down for his appearance: "Yeah, sure, I'll film for a few hours. 1st-class direct flight and 3 night's accommodation."

Edited by RedHawk

Has anyone mentioned yet that it has come out that Kathryn just failed a drug test that showed cocaine and pot in her system. It is also said that she was doing drugs and drinking while pregnant. Lowest scum of the earth, endangering her kid's health.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Sage47 said:

Has anyone mentioned yet that it has come out that Kathryn just failed a drug test that showed cocaine and pot in her system. It is also said that she was doing drugs and drinking while pregnant. Lowest scum of the earth, endangering her kid's health.

In the SoCharmers in the Media thread there's a link to the gossip site that reported she failed the drug test.

On 6/8/2016 at 5:49 PM, RedHawk said:

I usually pooh-pooh the idea of someone's young children looking up what will be these OLD videos of their parent or parents on reality TV one day and being hurt and embarrassed, but in this case, yeah, Thomas' words may really be painful to little Kensie when she's a curious teenager or 20-something. Who would want to see their parents behave as badly as Thomas and Kathryn have since this show started? Since her teen years are still a long ways off, I kinda hope the technology evolves so much that there's no way to view these in the year 2030. By that point he'll probably have said and done far worse things that she'll witness first-hand...

Oh, I'm positive Kensie will have to endure a 70-something Thomas hitting on her barely-legal friends.

I sincerely believe that Patricia's dislike of Katherine has its roots in Patricia's past. With Katherine, when Patricia sees her, Patricia is looking in a mirror, at herself 30 yers ago.  That woman has never worked a day in her life and married into the life she now has.  Threatened much????  Too similar????  Hello, Pot, this is Kettle????

Cooper basically said as much. Although we're talking more like 40-50 years ago. Patricia HAS to be at least in her late 60's.

• Love 1
(edited)

Precisely. When my close girlfriend was studying for  the bar, she and others were literally holed up in a hotel room, and I and others were tasked with bringing food to them--which consisted of their opening the door and our handing through a bag.  I understand that he might be burned out after four years of college and three years of law school, but I can't, for the life of me, picture lazy, useless, entitled Craig studying for even an hour.  He thinks he's going to be/is a celebrity now. <eyeroll>

On 6/7/2016 at 9:33 AM, TheFinalRose said:

Why = Bravo/cameras/reality tv easy money.  He knows he can't pursue law seriously and get time off to film.

Edited by StevieRocks
On 6/7/2016 at 9:59 AM, Missmissie173 said:

How in the hell does Craig know that Kathryn slept with someone else besides T-Rav the weekend she conceived?

Does Craig keep an elaborate pie chart and spread sheet to track the gang’s sexual gallivanting?  I think not, as that would be too much like actual work. And we know our Craig doesn’t “roll” that way- meaning anything to do with actual work.

So I guess Craig just threw that idea in out of his asshat. We need to buy him a long wooden spoon to help him with all of his "stirring activities." 

Yeah! He's "going to make one helluva lawyer some day!" <insert pandering, lecherous, smarmy grin> This is a nitwit who suggests that his meddling/shit-stirring/gossiping/ScoobyDoo-style antics to piece together the psychological pathology behind Whitney's disdain for Katherine showed evidence of his legal acumen. He'll be arguing before the Supreme Court in no time. Sigh.

• Love 4

Maybe the whole reason Kathryn seems so alone and estranged from the rest of her family is also because of her apparent drug dependency---either she wanted to be closer to town and her preferred dealers, and/or her family kicked her out due to their knowledge of her drugging((or she just didn't want them to notice her frequent drug binges)).

At any rate, talk about selfish, common trash...and shame on her trying to point fingers and act like such a tragic victim of bullying when she was out there preggers and skanking around for coke/pot or whatever else god forsaken drug she could greedily suck down. I hope she's booted from the show after this season and gets her ass into rehab where she belongs.

• Love 5
On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 11:00 AM, RedHawk said:

Thomas telling Pat and the male dinner guests about Kathryn, "She's been breastfeeding and has really taken to this baby." Wha??? As if she didn't give birth to the child and those aren't the most basic behaviors. He seems such a clueless dolt about women and children. 

Which reminds me of one thing he said that still annoys me. A few episodes back, when he met Pat and Whit at the French restaurant (and made a fool of himself with his silly exaggerated French), he was talking about Kathryn, of course, wanting money and withholding visitation as her leverage.

Whit and Pat advised him to deal with that, I think by going to court and stopping her from playing that game. Thomas said in a slurring, self-pitying tone, "Aww, well, don't they all do that?" I wanted to throw something at him through the screen! Thomas, we see that the woman you chose to sleep with and procreate with does play such immature games, but not ALL women do it by any means! Showed so much about how sexist he truly is. I hope no woman EVER marries him.

That said, (at the risk of starting a contentious debate about the topic) I agree with him about not having his son circumcised and was surprised that he had such a view. 

I was also surprised that the good ole boy had such a view on circumcision and he redeemed himself in my eyes just a little.

• Love 4
On 6/8/2016 at 2:49 PM, RedHawk said:

I usually pooh-pooh the idea of someone's young children looking up what will be these OLD videos of their parent or parents on reality TV one day and being hurt and embarrassed, but in this case, yeah, Thomas' words may really be painful to little Kensie when she's a curious teenager or 20-something. Who would want to see their parents behave as badly as Thomas and Kathryn have since this show started? Since her teen years are still a long ways off, I kinda hope the technology evolves so much that there's no way to view these in the year 2030. By that point he'll probably have said and done far worse things that she'll witness first-hand...

She won't have to wait to get curious herself when she's grown up - children of reality stars don't grow up in a vacuum and their peers are often quite happy to fill them in on what their family did on national t.v. and social media. And now court rumors, to boot. The daughters of Danielle Staub and Theresa Guidice, the Gosselin kids, Taylor Ford Armstrong's daughter, etc. etc. None of them have had an easy time thanks to their godawful parents acting up and airing dirty laundry on national tv. Kids can be awful to each other anyway, but the amount of ammunition this show has provided? Ugh. Just disgusting. And even if Drunk Thomas saw fit to discuss his son's genitals and paternity on camera, there were a lot of other people involved who could have chosen not to air it. Sorry, but this hits a nerve with me. Once kids are involved it's time to reevaluate how much those ratings and $$$ really mean. Everyone involved in this debacle is shit, imo. T & K should never have been invited back for this season. If the producers and the rest of the cast can't think of anything interesting to do on camera then so be it. /rant

• Love 4

I agree that what they've already done and said on camera is disgusting. At least this show won't be on anymore by the time Kensie is old enough to have peers who would learn about it and tease her. 

• Love 1

Seeing Patricia's completely wrong table setting reminded me of one of my favorite quotes, "An ounce of pretension, is worth a pound of bullshit." And don't get me wrong, I am not big on propriety and making sure the forks are placed just so, but if you are going to pretend to be from the manor born, at least take some time to look up how to properly set a table before having it filmed.

Also, it really irks me that she is supposed to be this genteel southern belle, but never learned that the whole point of etiquette and manners is to make everyone feel welcome and comfortable, not to judge others who may not have had your upbringing. But, more than anything, I find her obsession with a woman young enough to be her grand daughter unseemly. If she and Whitney are claiming that Kathryn exaggerated a one night stand into a relationship, then the etiquette would be to not discuss Kathryn at all outside of Kathryn's presence. It would be the only way to make the situation seem exactly as they describe it, an unfortunate lapse in judgement on her son's part that need not be mentioned in polite company.

In my opinion, the only reason we were subjected to Whitney and Pat's season 1 conversations about Kathryn's background and family name was because Whitney was grooming Kathryn to be his beard. I can almost see Whitney picturing his story line as being captivated by this fiery red head who was from a good family, but the catch being that she may be too young for him. And I think it pisses both Whitney and his mother off that Kathryn went left and that became her and Thomas' story line instead. She humiliated Whitney and left him scrambling to find another beard/story line. 

• Love 6

^ Yes! Patricia who's putting out (I won't say "writing" because we know she's not actually writing it) a party plannig book doesn't even have her table set correctly! The camera lingered on it, too.

And seriously, you throw a party to celebrate a new baby with the father as the guest of honor and then sit around and harangue him about the paternity?!? Classy. 

After watching this hot mess of an episode, a few things did stand out. 

I didn't like Kathryn caving on the Landon issue with the dinner party. Not because I don't think that she should dictate the already set invites, but because Thomas couldn't just talk to her like a rational adult and resulted to a ridiculous tantrum to get his way and she fell for it. She is a young mother, she has to be willing to put her foot down, and since Thomas is an overgrown toddler with a coke and drinking problem, caving to him is never going to end well for her. 

I didn't like all of the innuendo of questioning the paternity of the baby (I hated that about the last episode as well and thought that Pat should be ashamed of herself). Either you are happy for Thomas or you are not, but mentioning the baby's paternity when everyone should simply be happy that he was born healthy, on camera just stunk of a smear campaign designed to hurt Kathryn while punishing the child as collateral damage. And, I think that is something that Thomas could have easily avoided, but I feel like he encouraged it to prolong his victim narrative.

I realized that outside of the occasional parent or sibling of a main participant on this show, the only person I truly like on the cast is Cooper. 

• Love 1

I've been binge watching this show and binge reading this forum, so I'm still behind you. But I really did notice that season one had hundreds of posts from women stating that Shep could put his shoes under their beds any day. Season two had a few random comments in this vein. I don't think I saw a single such comment this season.

Most rich people use nannies,  even in my little upper middle class neighborhood, many people have them. I think all the doctors do. And this isn't a rich Charleston type neighborhood, our homes range from about 250,000 to 500,000. TRav expects nannies.

This is a hateful bunch of women. I'm glad I don't live there.