Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E10: From Here To Paternity

• Start Topic

23 hours ago, whydoievencare said:

While I snark about Landon (and Craig), I find Landon to be  pathetic and sad.  She's almost always inappropriately cheery and she's alway talking/laughing - don't hate me for saying this, but is that a Southern Belle kind of thing?  She seems to be trying so hard to be likeable but she almost comes across as a little simple.  She's an attractive girl, but that's not getting her anywhere - it's not enough.

I don't even think she's attractive.  She squints her eyes so much and her face looks weathered to me.  And that voice is like nails on a chalkboard.

I don't think she loves Shep.  She's either trying to find someone to financially save her or desperate for a story line.

• Love 15

Brace yourselves, my fellow Snowflake devotees -- LOL. I have a very, very potential job offer with our special little lady. Ha!

Congrats! We'll probably be seeing you in the background on Landon's spin-off show.  I wonder who Anna is? I did go to the ROAM website tonight and noticed they had a job openings link and that made me laugh. But alas, I laughed too soon, for here is your job offer, and if only I had applied earlier tonight, then I might have beaten you to the editor position. Hmmm, but maybe I will also write Landon and compliment her and try to bump you out of your place in line, hahahaha. Just kidding. I can't think of any compliments. 

• Love 5

This whole paternity storyline is really beyond the pale.  I can't stand Kathryn and T-Rav is disgusting.  But it's really even more disgusting for this group to talk about paternity on a show this kid could watch someday.  

• Love 5
23 hours ago, Southernbelle55 said:

Kathryn must have decided the way to get Thomas to put a ring on it is to act sane. He never responded to her "I love you" and the family talk. Doesn't she have anybody who can read the writing on the wall to her?

At the end of that scene, when Thomas and Kathryn were on the sofa, the camera pulled back and focused in on a piece of baby equipment (a bassinet or something), specifically on a tag on it that said "WARNING" at the top. It seemed to me that was very intentional and it made me laugh.

• Love 17

I have to agree that Thomas has no interest in Kathryn whatsoever. He may sleep with her and cozy up from time to time, but he get's super uncomfortable when she is lovey dovey with him. He practically runs out of there. She's a bit clueless that any chance she had with him (if there ever was a chance) is long gone. 

• Love 10

Landon's mock-up for "Roam" were a direct rip-off of GOOP's City Guides.  Roam has headers Eat, Stay, Play?  GOOP's are Eat, Stay, Do. The font even looked the same.  Seriously, she's totally the TipsyGirl to Gwyneth's SkinnyGirl.

• Love 19

Thomas got what he wanted from Kathryn.  A son.  He's done with her.

I am soooooo not a Kathryn fan but I almost (ugh) felt sorry for her last night.  Thomas got exactly what he wanted, he can "play Daddy" whenever he wants, he has his heir and he can up and leave whenever he wants too.  I'm not entirely sure she sees it yet.  Sadly, she's playing the part now that she should have after Kensie was born.  Remember when she wouldn't even talk to him, or when she did it was full-on attack mode full of bitterness?  Now she's all batting eyelashes, head on shoulder, serving up a hot, home cooked meal.  Too little, too late, Red.  As others have said, on so many fronts, thank God for that nanny.

I loved Cameron's Mom for saying that the childless couples she knows are some of the happiest people.  I thought it was an honest conversation.  I have a Mother who would jump off a cliff before she ever harassed any of her four daughters about having babies.  In fact, I think her greatest delight in life would have been if I had not only remained childless, but single too!  Some women do in fact see having brains and careers as much as an accomplishment as spitting out babies.  

Whitney giving out advice about settling down?  He is so ridiculous he tends to be my favorite part of any show.  

Patricia tries to be so quirky/cute with her little party accents, last night it was the chauvinist pigs, before it was the inflatable flamingos.  Am I the only one who thinks her ideas tend to be kind of tacky?  For portraying herself as such the golden hostesses? 

• Love 11

"A daughter is a derivative, but a son..."

What a lovely souvenir for Kensie to watch when she's a bit older. And with that, I bid Southern Charm a hearty adieu. (That's a French word, Thomas. It's pronounced "fuck you and the cocaine cloud you rode in on".)

• Love 23
(edited)

Just looked at some of their twitters.  Interesting how some of them are really puzzled by what is shown.  JD denies any ill feelings between him & Craig.  Um, since Craig says he's flitting around in Europe, does he even still "work" for JD?  Hmmmm.

And Horseteeth can get really nasty in his posts.  He mostly says people are idiots & are misjudging him.  Very, very defensive, eh, Horseteeth? So let's get this straight, Horseteeth.  You don't sleep all day & hate working?  Cuz we've only seen 10 billion TH's where you are saying this shit directly to the cam.  So what else are we to think about ya, Horseteeth, other than that you're useless & lazy?

And no mention of Horseteeth on Snowflake's twitter, so was the "I love you" stuff a bunch of scripted crapola?  Or did Horseteeth tell her to fuck off?  Hmmmm.  Poor widdle Snowflake looks like quite a lonely gal on her twitter.  Poor widdle Snowflake.  Making a sad frownie face like Snowflake would.

Whit's twitter is weird.  Lots of stuff on the wonders of Patricia.  It's weird -- um, just like he is on the show.  Oh, Count Chocula, you are one weird cat.

Oh, and Cams felt the need to say she doesn't hate Kathryn.  Mmmm, kay, thanks for sharing, hun.  So why did you feel the need to say that, Cams?

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 2
On 6/7/2016 at 11:40 AM, ScoobieDoobs said:

Was it explained why serious business guy had a house/outpost (or maybe office branch) in Charleston?  Was his role merely to crush poor widdle Snowflake's dream, which she seemed to work oh-so-hard on?

She said "have a nice stay" when she left so I'm just going to assume he was in town for business or something.

22 hours ago, Babyfoot said:

Cameran's mom, to me at least, came off as sincere, relatively unscripted, and un-Bravofied. Yes, it was just common sense but that's something that's in short supply in the Bravo kingdom. Juxtapose her with the antics of the rest of this mob, and she's a breath of fresh air.

Cam's mom's speech made ME feel good about not wanting children lol

• Love 10
1 hour ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Just looked at some of their twitters.  Interesting how some of them are really puzzled by what is shown.  JD denies any ill feelings between him & Craig.  Um, since Craig says he's flitting around in Europe, does he even still "work" for JD?  Hmmmm.

And Horseteeth can get really nasty in his posts.  He mostly says people are idiots & are misjudging him.  Very, very defensive, eh, Horseteeth? So let's get this straight, Horseteeth.  You don't sleep all day & hate working?  Cuz we've only seen 10 billion TH's where you are saying this shit directly to the cam.  So what else are we to think about ya, Horseteeth, other than that you're useless & lazy?

And no mention of Horseteeth on Snowflake's twitter, so was the "I love you" stuff a bunch of scripted crapola?  Or did Horseteeth tell her to fuck off?  Hmmmm.  Poor widdle Snowflake looks like quite a lonely gal on her twitter.  Poor widdle Snowflake.  Making a sad frownie face like Snowflake would.

Whit's twitter is weird.  Lots of stuff on the wonders of Patricia.  It's weird -- um, just like he is on the show.  Oh, Count Chocula, you are one weird cat.

Oh, and Cams felt the need to say she doesn't hate Kathryn.  Mmmm, kay, thanks for sharing, hun.  So why did you feel the need to say that, Cams?

They were all told to bring it this season and this is what they brought. They cannot be shocked that the result of their on air hyperbole would be that people would question their work ethic and truthfulness in their real lives. This group of people, save The Ginger Tornado or AARP's Most Eligible Bachelor, isn't authentically interesting enough to justify this show. The reason the show has been centered on Thomas and Kathryn is that they are perfect reality show personalities: narcissistic, poor impulse control, and no self-awareness.

The rest of the cast even with their exaggerated depictions this season seem like real people. It's been clear that almost everything Shep has shown on camera this season has been fake, fake, fakity, fake, fake or planned: the real estate stuff, the swimming in Pat's pool during the Flamingo party, his commitment issues. It's also been pretty clear that JD Craig partnership was a mutually agreed upon story so that JD could promote his businesses and Craig had a story besides "WHY HASN'T HE TAKEN THE BAR?!?!?!?!" I actually think everything from Landon has been fairly authentic, except for her declaration of love to Shep. Cameran has her story about not wanting to be a parent, which would be a lot more compelling if we had seen her husband on camera or got some sense of their relationship. And I feel like Whitney has this low grade depression that this show that he created has managed to make nearly everyone in the cast more famous except for him. His mother has a book deal because of the show!

• Love 5
21 hours ago, RedHawk said:

My mom's attitude was very much like Cam's mom's. There was no discussion and no pressure from my mom, ever, and I'm an only child. 

Same here.  My mom saw too many people who didn't want kids, had them and the kids wound up fucked up. 

• Love 3
On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 2:24 PM, Major Bigtime said:

Craig's former boss is an ambulace chasing famewhore. LOL, if Craig worked for him, this show would be their new vehicle.

I'm betting the new Saint isn't a Ravenel but Thomas will stick with his story or be damned. By his family, the press and S.C. society. Oh, and Patricia.

Yup, personal injury atty, dog bites, auto accidents, slip & falls, Don't scream, call Akim... is his nonstop commercial on daytime tv. Shaking down insurance companies and handing out neck braces is a very lucrative industry as evidenced by Akims house.  He also had a tv show, an eye for an eye, I think it was called.  He was a tv judge where he handed out sharia law type punishments to defendants that lost their case. For example, if you wrecked your friends car and were found guilty, he would give the plaintiff a baseball bat and the winning plaintiff would go to the parking lot and beat on the guilty parties car, on camera I believe.  Matter of fact, Akim bought a warehouse and turned it into a tv/film production studio here in Charleston.  Not sure of the current status of that project, maybe related to this show?

It doesn't take a rocket science to pass the bar, it does however  take some dedicated focus of which ol Craig has none of, so that will never happen. Good god, he is a slomo dimwit, but kudos to him for taking advantage of this show.

• Love 2
(edited)

ShowShep and TwitterShep both seem angry this season. Wonder why? Maybe Shep isn't happy that editing is portraying him in a less than savory light. Well, he signed up for a 3rd season and cashed their check, so...

When Whitney and Shep are at the lunch counter talking about Shep's lack of interest in commitment, Whitney actually said, "New pussy never gets old." Of course, it was bleeped, but the ugly sentiment still lingered and the cameras caught the bartender giving Whit a "Geez guy" look. Huh. Whitney's favorite words: pussy, vomit, boner... and he wonders why Larissa visibly shudders when he touches her?

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 9
5 minutes ago, joe bauers said:

Yup, personal injury atty, dog bites, auto accidents, slip & falls, Don't scream, call Akim... is his nonstop commercial on daytime tv. Shaking down insurance companies and handing out neck braces is a very lucrative industry as evidenced by Akims house.  He also had a tv show, an eye for an eye, I think it was called.  He was a tv judge where he handed out sharia law type punishments to defendants that lost their case. For example, if you wrecked your friends car and were found guilty, he would give the plaintiff a baseball bat and the winning plaintiff would go to the parking lot and beat on the guilty parties car, on camera I believe.  Matter of fact, Akim bought a warehouse and turned it into a tv/film production studio here in Charleston.  Not sure of the current status of that project, maybe related to this show?

It doesn't take a rocket science to pass the bar, it does however  take some dedicated focus of which ol Craig has none of, so that will never happen. Good god, he is a slomo dimwit, but kudos to him for taking advantage of this show.

With Craig's looks and smarm, he seems the obvious heir to Akim's Charleston law "kingdom". Just PASS THE BAR!

• Love 2
(edited)
8 hours ago, glowlights said:

"A daughter is a derivative, but a son..."

What a lovely souvenir for Kensie to watch when she's a bit older. And with that, I bid Southern Charm a hearty adieu. (That's a French word, Thomas. It's pronounced "fuck you and the cocaine cloud you rode in on".)

I completely missed this.  That is horrible.  Kids do not belong on reality TV, period.  It's too bad that the people who are supposed to protect them are more than willing to exploit them for a few bucks and 15 minutes that usually end up ruining their reputation, eventually.  

Edited by straightshooter
  • Love 4

I usually pooh-pooh the idea of someone's young children looking up what will be these OLD videos of their parent or parents on reality TV one day and being hurt and embarrassed, but in this case, yeah, Thomas' words may really be painful to little Kensie when she's a curious teenager or 20-something. Who would want to see their parents behave as badly as Thomas and Kathryn have since this show started? Since her teen years are still a long ways off, I kinda hope the technology evolves so much that there's no way to view these in the year 2030. By that point he'll probably have said and done far worse things that she'll witness first-hand...

• Love 5

Some people actually think Thomas might not really care about Julien's paternity because he got the son he wants to carry on his name? Huh?! How many men would willingly raise and pay for some other dude's kid? Why would he want some random guy's son carrying his revered last name?? I don't buy that for one second. If he never confirmed the paternity 100 percent he is insane. Kathryn is not some honest, highly moral person!  

My opinion of Kathryn is lower than many people on this board who are very kind about her. I see something else. I won't write all of my true thoughts and things I've noticed. I will just say that I think she seriously lacks something and it is very disturbing. And I don't think she is very emotionally connected to her children deep down. She leaves the nanny to do the bulk of the work while she watches from across the room or online shops or parties. Her and Thomas are scary to think about as someone's actual parents.

Whitney giving advice to Shep about settling down was so out of left field. Whit thinks Shep has never been in love. But when has Whitney been in love?!! Larissa?? Yea right! What a joke that whole thing was. Bottom line: Shep is not the monogamous type and he is not going to settle down. He aspires to be like Thomas. Whitney? Sorry, don't see him ever settling down either for different reasons.

• Love 4

I think Craig is scared to fail, which is why he never really tries. At anything. Landon, to her credit, is at least trying to get her idea going. She doesn't really have anyone helping her. Craig on the other hand has a gaggle of people trying to motivate him and he seems most interested in looking nice and fashionable. It seems that Thomas definitely runs with a drug using crowd, including Kathryn. I think Craig might also have some substance issues, along with Kathryn and Thomas and Whitney.

It was kinda nice seeing Whitney give Shep some heat. Shep spent so much time lecturing Craig on how to live his life, it's time people give Shep some heat for being a loser.

The little boy looks just like Thomas. Of course it's his. I think they are all jealous of that little boy--- someone now will have more of Thomas's attention. 

Wonder if the kids will go to boarding school? 

What is up with Patricia and the shapeless caftans/ robes all the time. Also, she is very mean. 

• Love 4

When Landon left her meeting with Lockhart Steele, she said, "I'm ready for success!" The problem is, she isn't ready to work for success, and neither is Craig.

• Love 11
(edited)

Shep was quite rude at Pat's party. Gnawing the head off the little pig table decoration (I guess it was made of sugar), insisting on ringing the hostess' bell like he was a 4-year-old desperate for attention, shushing Craig and then suggesting JD fire him then and there. Just rude and immature. I had to agree with Whitney's exasperated, "Will you f***ing grow up at some f***ing point?" even though it was in response to Craig's antics.

Whitney went to great lengths to get it on camera that Cooper made up the Founders Ball event. Yeah, duh Whitney, that's why he called it the "1st Annual" Founders Ball! He made it up for YOUR show so why are you mocking it now? Cooper's remarks about your mom hit a bit close to the truth, eh?

Speaking of big important Charleston events, I looked up the Charleston Cup and the website says it won't be held thus year, but stay tuned for 2017. Looks like a funding issue. 

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 8
(edited)

Thomas telling Pat and the male dinner guests about Kathryn, "She's been breastfeeding and has really taken to this baby." Wha??? As if she didn't give birth to the child and those aren't the most basic behaviors. He seems such a clueless dolt about women and children. 

Which reminds me of one thing he said that still annoys me. A few episodes back, when he met Pat and Whit at the French restaurant (and made a fool of himself with his silly exaggerated French), he was talking about Kathryn, of course, wanting money and withholding visitation as her leverage.

Whit and Pat advised him to deal with that, I think by going to court and stopping her from playing that game. Thomas said in a slurring, self-pitying tone, "Aww, well, don't they all do that?" I wanted to throw something at him through the screen! Thomas, we see that the woman you chose to sleep with and procreate with does play such immature games, but not ALL women do it by any means! Showed so much about how sexist he truly is. I hope no woman EVER marries him.

That said, (at the risk of starting a contentious debate about the topic) I agree with him about not having his son circumcised and was surprised that he had such a view. 

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 4
(edited)
14 hours ago, Sage47 said:

My opinion of Kathryn is lower than many people on this board who are very kind about her. I see something else. I won't write all of my true thoughts and things I've noticed. I will just say that I think she seriously lacks something and it is very disturbing. And I don't think she is very emotionally connected to her children deep down. She leaves the nanny to do the bulk of the work while she watches from across the room or online shops or parties. Her and Thomas are scary to think about as someone's actual parents.

Are you saying that maybe she had those children to "lock Thomas down?"  Because a huge part of me believes that, shit I've known women who do that shit, especially if they think the man has money.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 6

True, perhaps he should have called it the Inaugural Founders Ball. :-)

Out of curiosity I googled and found an image of an invitation, and it was just called Founders Ball. I heard him call it the "1st Annual" I think when he was speaking at the event.

There IS another Founders Ball that's been held in Charleston (Mt. Pleasant) a few times recently and seems to be a gathering of entrepreneurs. 

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 11:23 PM, absolutelyido said:

At the end of that scene, when Thomas and Kathryn were on the sofa, the camera pulled back and focused in on a piece of baby equipment (a bassinet or something), specifically on a tag on it that said "WARNING" at the top. It seemed to me that was very intentional and it made me laugh.

I'm pretty sure Kensie was wandering towards an electrical outlet before that 'warning' shot. Yes.

I remain one who feels a little sorry for Kathryn. She can do NO right in any of their eyes. She is SO MUCH younger than all of them, especially her most fierce detractors - PATRICIA, I am looking at you bitch. And your fug son. Aside from the 2 kids thing, I can see my younger self doing similar stupid things & acting like an asshole in public. I also think having 2 kids so quickly has to be exhausting in many ways. Nanny or no.

• Love 8

I think Kathryn may have some serious issues, but she is indeed quite young and has gone through a lot in the past few years. I wonder about her parents. What are they thinking and doing during all this? She seems very alone, and I think she's an only child, right? Either they are quietly supportive but want no more to do with the show, or they're concerned but don't really know how to hlep her, or she has commanded them to leave her alone now that she's a Star.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

Are you saying that maybe she had those children to "lock Thomas down?"  Because a huge part of me believes that, shit I've known women who do that shit, especially if they think the man has money.

I believe it, especially after this episode when she's still talking about him giving her a ring and marrying her. It ain't happening, Kathryn, in spite of your children together. It's a sad situation.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

I wouldn't put it past her because we saw her float between all the guys who she thought had money (she goofed with Craig, he just acted like he had money).

HOWEVER, it takes two to tango and Thomas went many many many years without any other 'oopsies'.  So the entire blame can't be placed on Kathryn. Thomas knows how to protect himself from a pregnancy.

• Love 4

I sincerely believe that Patricia's dislike of Katherine has its roots in Patricia's past. With Katherine, when Patricia sees her, Patricia is looking in a mirror, at herself 30 yers ago.  That woman has never worked a day in her life and married into the life she now has.  Threatened much????  Too similar????  Hello, Pot, this is Kettle????

• Love 4
14 hours ago, RedHawk said:

When Landon left her meeting with Lockhart Steele, she said, "I'm ready for success!" The problem is, she isn't ready to work for success, and neither is Craig.

Yes, I've been ready to be a billionaire for years now, but it somehow hasn't happened!  (frowny face)

• Love 12
1 hour ago, gunderda said:

I wouldn't put it past her because we saw her float between all the guys who she thought had money (she goofed with Craig, he just acted like he had money).

HOWEVER, it takes two to tango and Thomas went many many many years without any other 'oopsies'.  So the entire blame can't be placed on Kathryn. Thomas knows how to protect himself from a pregnancy.

I am betting Thomas is used to his various women being on the pill or some other birth control device and he never thought someone Kathryn's age would not use protection. And I agree with your "however" as the discussion should have been held before sex. Who's taking what precautions, etc. Given Thomas' archaic view of women is why I think his mind works this way.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, b2H said:

I sincerely believe that Patricia's dislike of Katherine has its roots in Patricia's past. With Katherine, when Patricia sees her, Patricia is looking in a mirror, at herself 30 yers ago.  That woman has never worked a day in her life and married into the life she now has.  Threatened much????  Too similar????  Hello, Pot, this is Kettle????

Yes, but Patrica got them to "put a ring on it."  If you're going to be a gold digger, be a successful one.

• Love 8
47 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Yes, but Patrica got them to "put a ring on it."  If you're going to be a gold digger, be a successful one.

Exactly. Patricia got married first, had her son later. Kathryn wants it ALL, RIGHT NOW! Big error.

• Love 2

Good god... can you IMAGE what more of a mess this would be if they were actually married?? It was bad enough when they lived together because they wanted to.  Katherine might have had a really nice payday out of that though. 

• Love 1

Of course Kathryn had the children to lock Thomas down. This show starts up and she is instantly seen sleeping with three out of four of the main characters in a two week time period-the three men with a shitload of money. Two of them were 25-30 years older than her. Sorry, at age 21 that is not normal behavior. Her parents probably tried to rein her in years ago and realized it was a losing battle.

Danni turned Thomas down because he had a felony and was much older. Those things didn't bother Kathryn. She is just livid because she had hoped to live in the lap of luxury, spending all day shopping, and now things are a bit different for her.

But, I have zero doubt that Kathryn will begin looking for another sugar daddy to marry her very soon. In the end, she likely will get her dream life, ala Patricia.

• Love 3
(edited)
5 hours ago, b2H said:

Pat has a master's in Art History from George Washington University, and ran a successful art gallery. She didn't have Whitney until several years into her first marriage which was to a man who was two or three years older and not particularly wealthy. Yes, when she was 50 something she married a wealthy man but I can see absolutely no similarities between  the two.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 9

And yet I think they're a match made in heaven. Two unlikeable people who I don't believe play that up for the cameras. They're assholes. Such an isolated event (and minor compared to the myriad of other shitstorms with these two), but the Louis Vuitton show and tell solidified the absurdity. You're bringing a child into this world in 24 hours and the overnight bag is a star player.  So shallow, so missing the mark, so royally fucked up. 

I've loved and been loyal to Shep as I feel I'm his female counterpart (sans the trust) but he's wearing thin.  He really believes he's the smartest guy in the room.  Which he may be, but his arrogance and contempt for others is such a turnoff.

This show has sadly run its course.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, KnoxForPres said:

And yet I think they're a match made in heaven. Two unlikeable people who I don't believe play that up for the cameras. They're assholes. Such an isolated event (and minor compared to the myriad of other shitstorms with these two), but the Louis Vuitton show and tell solidified the absurdity. You're bringing a child into this world in 24 hours and the overnight bag is a star player.  So shallow, so missing the mark, so royally fucked up. 

I've loved and been loyal to Shep as I feel I'm his female counterpart (sans the trust) but he's wearing thin.  He really believes he's the smartest guy in the room.  Which he may be, but his arrogance and contempt for others is such a turnoff.

This show has sadly run its course.  

I was a Shep defender for several reasons but the longer this season goes the more unpleasant he's acting. I agree that the show has run its course. I enjoy watching for the Charleston scenes, house porn, fun parties and clothes, lots of quips from this educated bunch, but there's nowhere new to go and they've all played their hands.

• Love 3
(edited)
6 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

I am betting Thomas is used to his various women being on the pill or some other birth control device and he never thought someone Kathryn's age would not use protection. And I agree with your "however" as the discussion should have been held before sex. Who's taking what precautions, etc. Given Thomas' archaic view of women is why I think his mind works this way.

Go back and watch the first season. Thomas and Kathryn knew very well what they were doing would likely result in a pregnancy. The first pregnancy that resulted in Kinsey was intentional.

Then in this episode we have Thomas given the gag-gift of a big box of condoms. He jokes in a TH about how he was always very careful when he was younger. Then he makes his patented sheepish face and jokingly says, "I know how not to get pregnant." Basically, he admits that he and Kathryn were going for pregnancy, even the second time when they supposedly weren't even dating again but had a one-night stand while in NYC filming "What What Happens Live" with Andy.

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 2
28 minutes ago, RedHawk said:

Go back and watch the first season. Thomas and Kathryn knew very well what they were doing would likely result in a pregnancy. The first pregnancy that resulted in Kinsey was intentional.

Then in this episode we have Thomas given the gag-gift of a big box of condoms. He jokes in a TH about how he was always very careful when he was younger. Then he makes his patented sheepish face and jokingly says, "I know how not to get pregnant." Basically, he admits that he and Kathryn were going for pregnancy, even the second time when they supposedly weren't even dating again but had a one-night stand while in NYC filming "What What Happens Live" with Andy.

Exactly! Kathryn was hoping that she'd be Mrs. Ravenel because she happened to be the womb in Thomas' orbit when he decided that he finally wanted to grow up and settle down. Kathryn didn't play her cards right because Thomas ideally wanted someone who a lady in the streets and a freak in the sheets. I think Thomas doesn't really mind a little hellcat in public, just enough to remind his friends that he's having crazy hot sex with a 24 year old, but Kathryn never figured out how much crazy she could show in public.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Pat has a master's in Art History from George Washington University, and ran a successful art gallery. She didn't have Whitney until several years into her first marriage which was to a man who was two or three years older and not particularly wealthy. Yes, when she was 50 something she married a wealthy man but I can see absolutely no similarities between  the two.

Agreed.  Patricia is in a different league altogether than Kathyrn

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Neurochick said:

True.  But Patricia might not have been a gold digger at all.   She's highly educated and self-made.   She would've traveled in some wealthy circles and simply met her match/matches.

Talented, successful, highly educated people tend to seek talented, successful and highly educated mates.

• Love 2
(edited)

I´ve finally broken through the thick fog of delusion I was in when it came to this show. Now I can clearly see that Whitney is not like regular humans, he is an "other". Someone on the forum called him a vampire last week (certainly not the first to do that though) and I found it so funny and accurate. Now when I saw this episode, I couldn´t see anything but the fact that he is mega-strange in every way. And his mother too. I think they come from another planet or dimension, seriously. In some ways this makes me like Whitney more, at least I love his vampire-ish grin and such.

Cameran is extremely charming, and she was finally bringing it this episode.

I can´t decide if I think Shep is a total loser, or a total winner..

Poor, stupid Landon... :)

Edited by halkatla
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, Elizabeth said:

I just saw a preview for next week (watching MDL) and they had a part at the dinner party where Kathryn calls Landon a dolphin. It makes me think that she reads here LOL.

It's possible she does. Jennifer Snowden did an ask me anything on here at the end of last season. So at the very least, we know Jennifer does.

• Love 2