Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E03: Week 3, Part 1

• Start Topic

Just finished watching and I havent snickered so much in quite a while. The overweight security guard watching him sleep! The "lets not be Hitler and Mussolini AND Trump and Bush" convo! "Gary Oldman in The Fifth Element!" Bwahahaha! 

I'm gonna reall miss Chad when he's gone. He really made this season for me.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Chad was right about that when he was saying something like no woman would pick Evan for anything except maybe to sweep their yard.

Boy! I'd much rather sleep with Evan than Chad, and that's just on the physical look alone - Chad's self-loving  and nasty comments, and aggressiveness aside. I like a wiry/unbuilt man with a good smile and intelligence and humor in his eyes, and Evan and Wells and (color me surprised) Jordan, are so far the only ones remaining, after they booted out Brandon the Hipster, who are anything close to a man I'd want to date, as it were.

I think they clearly cut out a lot of footage of the 'hilarious' sex anecdotes, and most probably Evan began by talking about his experience with erectile dysfunction and branched out. The fact that he got Chad riled up enough to show his true colors in front of JoJo was an excellent result - quite hard to do. She'd usually, in the course of this show, discover Chad was not a sweet, honest, and mysteriously multi-dimensional being/sex panther about one rose ceremony before hometowns.

I really liked the way Evan beamed so happily after he got his rose. I didn't read what he said to her re Chad as an ultimatum - more an expression of how he was feeling.

I also think this bunch of bach's were chosen for sweet and smiley Caila. They are mostly too wet for JoJo, who I read as having been around a bit more than Caila. (I would say, bar Jordan, they are all wrong for JoJo, and he's probably only right as a short-term thing.) So thank god for Chad providing some diversion. It's a bad day when your only friend in the house, Vampire Daniel, is saying Hey, be a bit more Mussolini and less Hitler!!!

• Love 8

I would love to see the behind-the-scenes for this show.  It’s so obvious they are making Chad out to be the villain, but he is just an individual with a superiority complex, which he does not make a secret of, and of course does not come off well.  He doesn’t really start shit, but almost everyone feels they need to take it upon themselves to either push his buttons or, at the very least, express their dislike of him.  I can almost hear the producers whispering to the other contestants, “he thinks he is better than you, go shake a stick at him.”  

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, Fable said:

I would love to see the behind-the-scenes for this show.  It’s so obvious they are making Chad out to be the villain, but he is just an individual with a superiority complex, which he does not make a secret of, and of course does not come off well.  He doesn’t really start shit, but almost everyone feels they need to take it upon themselves to either push his buttons or, at the very least, express their dislike of him.  I can almost hear the producers whispering to the other contestants, “he thinks he is better than you, go shake a stick at him.”  

He doesn't really start shit?! He's forever starting shit! Walking in on people six seconds after they sit down with Jo etc. Acting aggressive. Putting down others to their faces. Smearing people to the producers in his excellent talking heads. He doesn't need to say it all to their faces - you can feel the attitude with people like that. And I think there's a bit more going on with ole Chad than just a superiority complex.

But he is a human, and I am sure he won't feel too good about what's being done to him by the show, with the footage he provided. It may well affect his career; it would bruise a far less robust ego than his to see what a butt of an ongoing joke he's being made into by the edit -  even as he seemed to be thinking he was the one with all the laughs on the other guys; it may even affect his pickup tally. But it is a good warning point for women who he may meet in the future and thus a service to society, in that way, and also very enthralling to watch at times.

• Love 8
20 minutes ago, violet and green said:

He doesn't really start shit?! He's forever starting shit! Walking in on people six seconds after they sit down with Jo etc. Acting aggressive. Putting down others to their faces. Smearing people to the producers in his excellent talking heads. He doesn't need to say it all to their faces - you can feel the attitude with people like that. And I think there's a bit more going on with ole Chad than just a superiority complex.

We will have to agree to disagree, because I am certain, that more than one of those guys have interrupted another's time, but the producers have decided that Chad is the heel in all of this, which is why I said I wish I could have seen the behind-the-scene stuff going on.   I agree, he talks smack to the producers, which is why I said he had a superiority complex, but when he is in the house, he eats and says what he thinks, and the other go after him, not vice versa.  

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Fable said:

We will have to agree to disagree, because I am certain, that more than one of those guys have interrupted another's time, but the producers have decided that Chad is the heel in all of this, which is why I said I wish I could have seen the behind-the-scene stuff going on.   I agree, he talks smack to the producers, which is why I said he had a superiority complex, but when he is in the house, he eats and says what he thinks, and the other go after him, not vice versa.  

Exactly.  His encounters with Alex, Jordan, and ED guy have all been after they said something to him/about him first.  He does tend to leave people alone as long as they leave him alone.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, sarkygal said:

I had to go back and rewatch as I barely paid any attention last night. There's a scene with Daniel and the Chad working out and Daniel has this awkward pose sticking his butt out at the Chad, while some other contestant VOs about the deep connection between the two. It was hilarious and good Bachelor snark. 

I can't tell a lot of these guys apart yet. Does anyone else find Daniel creepy looking?

yes, I saw that.   Daniel was arching his back and sticking his butt out in a way that you're not supposed to do when you lift weights.

And yes a million times to Daniel looking creepy.  There is something "off"  about that guy.  It was evident right from the start, then he decided to be Chad's sidekick, and the WORST was at the 'Sex story"  club when he talked about cutting a woman's hair off during sex - sounded like he wanted a souvenir?  CREEEEEEEPY

• Love 6
57 minutes ago, Canada said:

Exactly.  His encounters with Alex, Jordan, and ED guy have all been after they said something to him/about him first.  He does tend to leave people alone as long as they leave him alone.

Yeah I don't really see how he's that hard to get along with, for regular guys that aren't pearl-clutching and whimpering about every little thing some other dude does (which basically leaves out all the JoJo suitors except the Canadian and the guy I didn't remember seeing before who might be named Nick...).

He only called Jordan a "failed football player" after Jordan sat there cattily making comments about how Chad was so dumb. And then little Alex was going on and on about "I'm not scared of you, I'm totally not scared of you at all blahblahblah" and Chad was just sort of like "Uh, wanna go?" I didn't really take that as some expression of rage... More like an annoyed but relatively calm "well if you're determined to pick a fight with me, we can just go do that..." And Evan is just too ridiculous to even bother with, so whatever. Even many of the ones that don't actively bait him (and then promptly act indignant when he fires back) still appear to be varying levels of obsessed with his every move. Ugh where do they find these saps.

Can't they just let Chad be his naturally comedic meathead self in peace?! 

• Love 12

Only responding to instigating... I don't agree, but even if that were the case and it was based on provocation...

I guess I have spent too much time around domestic violence, death threats, and such to draw those lines. To me violence is violence - and threats of violence, intimidation, and wall +/or door punching are aggressive red flags.

• Love 9

Oh, I agree that Chad is overly aggressive.  I wish he had toned that down a bit, because he is otherwise quite astute and entertaining.  He really does need to learn to walk away sometimes from these dickheads.  Or, like in the Jordan encounter, if they're going to insult him, just insult them right back.  He really doesn't need to resort to violence, since verbally he is very good at getting his own back!

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, Canada said:

He really does need to learn to walk away sometimes from these dickheads. 

Oh, he DOES walk away.  He walks to the next room, just out of sight,  listens to the conversation, then jumps back in to argue. 

• Love 5
21 hours ago, BensBritches said:

I hated the sex stories part.  Nothing funny, didn't really give insight into who these guys are (well, other than that Daniel apparently cut off a girl's hair while he had her handcuffed) and JoJo's fake, hysterical laughter whenever they cut to her drove me crazy.

Don't know if I can post this - but if you want a run down of the entire "sex stories" go to reality steve site.  He has each story and they are pretty x rated - definitely did NOT see most of the stuff on tv.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 6/7/2016 at 2:26 PM, JudyObscure said:

She keeps saying how important it is for her to feel "protected," and I'm not sure what she means by that.  Maybe someone ten year older who carries a gun?

Did you see her brothers last season?! Yes, that is probably what she means exactly.

I would like to think that Jojo just gave Evan that rose to see how Chad would react, and I really enjoyed her telling him off in front of the group afterwards. Reminded me of Emily standing up to Kalon or whatever his name was. And for a SECOND time she turned away Chad trying to interrupt her conversation with someone! Yes!

On the other hand, everyone was thinking what Chad was saying. No way is she attracted to Evan. I don't even particularly like to look at him. He reminds me of some of the nerdier characters played by DJ Qualls, except without any looks or charm whatsoever.

That first date has to be the most awkward one ever, even worse than the similar one Chris and Carly went on, although Jojo and Chase handled it better. Why doesn't Jojo wear her hair up more often?! She looks so much better with it pulled away from her face!

That vintage look totally suits her too. Maybe it's the middle part she usually has that doesn't work for her? James seemed like a good choice for that date. That was the best one this episode (although that's not a high bar). The retro swing dancing looked like so much fun and sitting on the car actually was a really romantic idea. Can that little old dance teacher please be the next Bachelorette?

I actually like listening to and telling sex stories, but who could possibly feel comfortable doing that in front of cameras when their parents and everyone they know will see the clips on TV? My ultra-religious parents would disown me. Hated the open with the orgasm girl before they knew what was happening, I was thinking those were two of the most awkward dates back to back.

Did anyone catch that small snippet of conversation between Jojo and Christian where she was saying "I love that you call me...?" I think she was saying that he calls her Joelle instead of Jojo, which, I wish everyone would.

Really enjoyed Chad being momentarily distracted from his rage by his own reflection.

Did someone point out that Daniel looks like a Twilight reject? Because now it's all I can see. His accent went so full Canadian during that conversation with Chad! I also laughed at his booty pop while working out. Bahaha Chad was staring at Daniel during that Hitler conversation and wishing he had picked a different sidekick. Everyone loves watching Chad but I think Daniel might be the real comedic value here.

Hate to jump on the bandwagon, but Wells has moved up the ranks past Luke to my #1 spot. He's just so cute! Major crush (minus whatever he was doing at the tail end of his sex story, I'm going to pretend that didn't happen). Although on a background crush note, can we get more screen time for Ali please?

Edited by jade.black
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, Ohwell said:

When Chad was snacking on that raw sweet potato, my gums were aching just watching him.

It was probably not raw.   I have a weight lifting maniac in my family, and cooked sweet potatoes are one of the foods that they all eat because of fiber and vitamin A -  anyway, they cook them in the oven, then eat them hot or cold.

5 hours ago, MV713 said:

Don't know if I can post this - but if you want a run down of the entire "sex stories" go to reality steve site.  He has each story and they are pretty x rated - definitely did NOT see most of the stuff on tv.

Yeah - I wonder if any of the guys thought "how can I tell a story that's SO distasteful and raunchy  that I don't have to worry about it being on TV?"

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, backformore said:

It was probably not raw.   I have a weight lifting maniac in my family, and cooked sweet potatoes are one of the foods that they all eat because of fiber and vitamin A -  anyway, they cook them in the oven, then eat them hot or cold.

Ah, ok then he must have been eating it cooked and cold, even though he was chawing on it like it was raw.  Guess he was trying to look manly.  I love just plain baked sweet potatoes.  

Really enjoyed Chad being momentarily distracted from his rage by his own reflection.

I laughed so hard at that! His comic timing is perfection! I feel sorry for Jo that her JOURNEY is so overshadowed by the Chad, but I found my mind wandering every time he wasn't on the screen. He's funny as heck, and I guess the other guys think he's for real? Because they come off really whiny and annoying by comparison. (I assumed Jo gave Evan a rose because if her choice has a problem later she'll need to keep that communication open.)

• Love 3

I don't even know what to make of Chad. One hand, some of his observations are pretty entertaining. On the other hand... let's just say that yanking on someone's shirt so hard it rips is maybe not the best way to prove you're not a roided up monster. Is he as bad as he's portrayed? Probably not. But is just an innocent victim of bullying by a bunch of guys who feel threatened by his very awesomeness? I hardly think so. I wouldn't go so far as to say he doesn't start anything, but only responds, but I would say that he does needle the guys a little, and they seem unable to just ignore him, which leads to escalation. But I'm definitely not prepared to get on board the "the rest of them are just too sensitive" train, because he does move to violence (actual or threatened) way too quickly and often. And while he may not think punching a wall is a big deal because it's not a person, that strikes me as a huge red flag.

I guess my general sense is that the other guys do feel threatened by him (by his brawniness and [pretend] confidence), which gets their hackles up and activates their pissiness and whatnot, but his response to that is concerning, to say the least.

All of which assumes he's not a plant or whatever, and all I can say is that if he's acting, he's very committed.

Also second the notion that Chase and JoJo's date was one of the most painfully awkward things I've ever watched. I couldn't quite decide if the instructor was kind of trolling them, or if she was genuinely unaware of the premise of this show and the production assistant who booked the session didn't fill her in. And the very idea of sitting there, staring into each other's eyes (which is a very legitimately intimate activity)while camera guys roamed around getting every possible angle. I was actually kind of glad when they finally and inevitably starting making out, because watching that actually felt less intrusive.

• Love 4

People keep talking about Chad being a "plant".  I just can't figure out what that is supposed to mean.

Was he deliberately cast to fill a specific role?  Was he told what to say and what to do?  Was he promised things if he acted outrageous?  Was he probably lied to by producers and told he'd make it all the way to the end?  Was he prompted to make specific statements in talking heads?  Did he probably think he was too smart to be poorly edited and the producers saw that & capitalized on it?

If that's the common definition, then I think every single contestant is a plant.   

I know that "reality" shows cast a particular way and that there's editing to make a "story" to some extent. But I think they just see all the footage and then edit stories as they present themselves. Like someone pointed out, there is probably always someone lurking nearby a "couple" moment to cut in. But you can edit that to make it one person repeatedly and then close-up reaction shots to make it a stalking story. Similarly I doubt the roses in the rose ceremony are given out in the order we see. I think Chad is playing a character, but that it is purely his own invention. The producers might have given him positive or negative feedback, but I doubt they scripted him. But his whole act, plus his timing and reaction shots are too cartoonish to be real. And if he were a real threat he'd have been gone much earlier.

• Love 2
(edited)

I might be the only one, but physically I think Evan is the best looking and closest to my type, but having said that, as soon as he opens his mouth he falls below even Chad. I think most of the guys are a bunch of sevens (7/10) with muscles (the others are around 5). If I had to choose one to hang out with on the spot I think it would be Jordan, he´s  ugly-cute and charming. And there is one other, might be Wells (?) who´s also very good looking.

I´m embarrassed for the guys over the way they are with Chad. Why can´t they just leave him alone? I wouldn´t blame him for throwing a few punches if it continues...

Edited by halkatla
3 hours ago, halkatla said:

Why can´t they just leave him alone?

Because he is production gold so all their little handlers are pissing themselves trying to get the guys to rile him up. I think Evan got smart and realized if he wants to stay in this he needs to be all up in the Chad. Getting under Chad's skin gets screen time, getting screen time gets that kind of ten second fame these idiots need to validate their existence.

The producers probably have a running bet on who Chad is going to murder first when the show is over. lol

• Love 1

I finally saw this episode last night. Regarding Chad, it was obvious to me that he was drinking a lot. I could almost smell the alcoholic fumes coming through my television. I actually liked him a little through most of the show. He seemed so confused about the questions the guys were asking and why they would even be asking them. But toward the end, yuck. So far of all the guys, I like James T. the best. He seems very nice and just open to having fun and making the best of any situation. He could have been a sulky baby about dancing but he just went for it and had a good time. He's not a typically hunky guy, but at my age I find a kind heart and cheerful personality more "sexy" than a fine physique.  I know who the guys are now, except for one guy I simply cannot place. I keep thinking he's Daniel, but then I see Daniel so I know it's not him. (By the way, the Hitler, Trump, Mussolini and Bush lines were great!) Maybe he's Chase, but he doesn't look like Bukowski enough to be Chase. Maybe I'll figure it out tonight.

• Love 1