Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E09: Killing Time In Austin

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, AuntiePam said:

A four-hour road trip and drinking?  They should have had a bus with restroom facilities.  Brandi has no shame.  Does anything embarrass her? 

Bryan's looks?

• Love 10

I was at an out of town event a couple hours outside Dallas and one lady referred to a specific white wine as "Pool Juice".  I died laughing inside my mind but continued along with a smile on the outside.  The person saying it was likely similar age/demographics as Stephanie.  I had never heard that as a real reference in real life.

• Love 2

So LeeAnne has fought with every single cast member, but none of it is her fault? She's like the textbook definition of an abuser. I'm sorry you made me act like that. You just pushed my buttons. That's not me. I didn't want to have to act like that, but you wouldn't stop pushing me. She's really a terribly damaged human being, but if she knows that and doesn't get help, then she's also just a terrible human being

Her Bravo blogs are a grand exercise in delusion. It's a wall of defense for why she's not to blame for anything and she has the impression that viewers are watching out of some loyalty to *her*. I would Carny-Gut someone to know what the reaction has been in Dallas. 

• Love 18
2 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

LeAnne should have laughed it off. If she had just told the story as she did in her TH, they all could have had a laugh and it would have been over. The cat was out of the bag as far as that goes and her getting angry only made it worse.  Laughing it off and not showing your hurt or embarrassment is much more powerful than having a conniption fit and threatening people 

This is what I came here to say.  I think she genuinely believes that that psychotic break was a better look than admitting she shat in a bag.   First of all why even tell anyone that story if your collar's too damb tight to laugh at yourself?  But once it's out, {{JoeGuidiceshrug}} whatyagonnado?  That meltdown and threatening your friend to the point of tears cannot be better for your image than the TH story.  It was funny as...well, shit.  lol.

37 minutes ago, P-Dot said:

So LeeAnne has fought with every single cast member, but none of it is her fault? She's like the textbook definition of an abuser. I'm sorry you made me act like that. You just pushed my buttons. That's not me. I didn't want to have to act like that, but you wouldn't stop pushing me. She's really a terribly damaged human being, but if she knows that and doesn't get help, then she's also just a terrible human being

Her Bravo blogs are a grand exercise in delusion. It's a wall of defense for why she's not to blame for anything and she has the impression that viewers are watching out of some loyalty to *her*. I would Carny-Gut someone to know what the reaction has been in Dallas. 

That moment when she says something like I should never have done that was completely cancelled out by:  and I wouldn'tve if Marie hadn't taken me there.   ::headtilt::  You gotta go Ike.   I laughed when in her next TH she was all:   Brandi asked me to stay..... heffa, when?  Brandi said, we're all going to Four Seasons for a spa day, yall comin?

Is Leanne's man named Rich? and did she say he's a cop?   That might explain his general dgaf about her attitude but somebody tell me why that would make her an expert on PTSD?

While you're answering questions please say what the hell how Cary and Mark got together has to do with Leanne losing her shit on Marie?  Apples and Spaceships.  Seriously, where is that Uber?   and Mark?  I have to find the couples thread to see what ya'll said about him.  He's...special.   Wants to dress her, dress the baby, only *allows* her 2 pairs of shoes on vacation.  I, I don't know where to start but, on wife #2 does not shock.

We're going to find out whatever Leann has on Tiffany shortly.  Or, she's not well either.  Ain't no way my girlfriend's acting an orangutan ass fool and we don't have a sharp whispery talk in the bathroom. 

Where can I find the conversation about why Stephanie's husband, a grown ass man, covets party planning and birthdays in general so?   Money is one hell of a motivator, I couldn't make it work with n'one of these dudes.

Keith Suburban? BWAHAGAHAAAAA!!!

• Love 13

I want to read all the posts, BUT.......

LeeAnn, I would actually like you if you had just admitted you shit your pants while drunk.  But I do not want to see your abusive ass on my television again.  Girl, bye!

• Love 12
3 hours ago, AuntiePam said:

A four-hour road trip and drinking?  They should have had a bus with restroom facilities.  Brandi has no shame.  Does anything embarrass her? 

My question is what did she do with the cup after she finished?

• Love 4

What a boring, bizarre episode.  

I just can't with Cary & Mark anymore......makes me uncomfortable.

Tiffany's face looks weird, and her licking LeeAnn's wounds makes her so weak. 

LeeAnn is just despicable, and something about her bottom lip bugs me.  I'm really done with her.  She is just mean.  I don't like Marie at all, she's just boring, but LeeAnn had no right to be so hateful.

Brandi really needs to watch her drinking.  I do love her friendship with Stephanie.

Who knew Stephanie would be the voice of reason this episode?  I really like her.

• Love 8

What in the fresh hell was up with that HUGE scar above Brandi's right breast when she was leaving the dinner table??? I rewound it back a couple of times and could not figure that one out!

14 hours ago, ChlcGirl said:

In all fairness, have we seen an episode where any of the other women haven't been drinking either?  In fact, I'd be hard pressed to think of a RH franchise that had a dry episode.  All of them have a glass of wine or a cocktail in their hands at least once a show.

I'm new to the Housewives franchise.  Fall of 2015 Atlanta. I'm used to seeing them drink during social occasions. But Brandi? She drinks while she gets ready to go out.  She drinks with her mom while they discuss her grandpa.  She drinks enough that her daughter's who can't be more than 8, are completely familiar with mommy's relationship to wine.

Brandi drinks for any and everything. With Stephanie as her cheerleader. And in the long run, generally, that much alcohol use will cause substantial problems.

For me, Stephanie does enable Brandi by being her partner in crime. It's not malicious, anymore than Marie or Tiffanys is towards Leanne.  But none of them are helping the situation 

Damn you Donald for taking over the tv and getting me to discover Bravo and it's mind sucking drama!

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Feline Goddess said:

When LeeAnne went outside to call a cab and Tiffany followed her, I noticed a realtor's lockbox on the front door. 

There is also the frame for the real estate sign (with the sign taken out).  

BTW in my sleuthing,  according to one of the sites that the house is listed with, it says the house makes "90k+/yr in income as a second home"

• Love 4

I weirdly like all of them. They're good characters, much better than I'd anticipated. I feel like most of the drama is people competing to be on a TV show. Though I do believe in the reality of the relationship between Tiffany and LeAnn, and I like seeing it. 

Someone who drinks as much as Brandi shouldn't call anyone out. Ever. And someone who enables her shouldn't question the relationships of anyone. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, ninjago said:

Can we get one episode of this show with no talk of poop?  

No, I guess not since it seems to be the theme for this franchise. "These are the poops of our lives...."

Or this show is pure shit, take your pick. 

• Love 4
15 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

My question is what did she do with the cup after she finished?

My question is, why couldn't she just ask the bus driver to stop at a gas station or rest stop? Side of the road even. Damn. 

• Love 8
(edited)

Dear Brandy:  Judge Judy wrote a book you should immediately read. It's called "Beauty is Fleeting, Dumb Is Forever" Pick it up, put down the wine and for God's Sake child, get a clue.  Your behavior and "baby voice" make you sound like a child {not an attractive look, you have serious  wine bloat}, and a not too smart child at that. No wonder your husband is checked out, he must think he has 3 children. You're as dumb as a bag of hair.

I can't with LeeAnn--she batshit crazy.

Cary/Stephanie: I know you are trying to convey the idea that you are oh so happy, but I'm NOT buying it. The dr. is creepy as fuck and Travis? Dare I say control issues?

Edited by One More Time
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, luleetuni said:

BTW in my sleuthing,  according to one of the sites that the house is listed with, it says the house makes "90k+/yr in income as a second home"

They must rent it out as a vacation rental property weekly or monthly when they aren't using it. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Season finale next week. Alrighty then, bring on the reunion. Bet Leanne loses her shit there. No pun intended.....

Anybody know if this franchise has been renewed for another season, or is it too early to know?

Edited by Bossa Nova
Spelling
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Vicky8675309 said:

Marie's side of the story is interesting as are the other stories/insights she has:

I'm not buying Marie's story.  Sounds like she's claiming that this guy Taylor caught the Bethenny Frankel pees in a bucket episode, twisted it into Leeanne and shit, and then repeated it to Brandi in hopes that Leeanne would "take off Brandi's head", and he thought that would be fun.  Oh - and it just happened to be a true story.  Right.  But my first impression of that guy was dead on.  He's a complete asshole.

And Marie used to be a psychiatric nurse.  I'm not sure what to think about that.

(edited)

This episode, holy shit. (Some pun intended.)

I know Leeanne said she only told Marie and Tiffany about crapping herself, but if it happened at a public event, isn't it possible that others got a whiff - so to speak - of the situation? 

That Taylor kid is like a lame, wannabe Beverly Leslie.

Note to Leanne - If a person has a relationship with someone who is committed to another person, they are not a homewrecker.  The person who decides to break their vows is the 'homewrecker'. 

Right, a husband chooses to leave his wife for another woman, he isn't "stolen".

Who is the blonde that is not Stephanie and why is she on my tv?

Cary's friend, Courtney? Yeah, it seems like she's been with Cary at almost every event.

Then let's just say I find Brandi's drinking much less offensive than LeeAnne's aggressive rudeness at a public function (throwing glasses of alcohol and screaming at guests at the cocktail party) and then getting aggressive at another function with another guest.

I agree, and if given a choice, I'd rather watch Brandi's variety of drunkenness than Dorinda's (NY).

I don't think Jill (OG / RHONY) drank.  Possible?

Kandi (Atlanta) also doesn't drink.

As with Travis, Marie reminds me of someone...like some actress from an 80s sitcom, or soap opera.

Edited by jaync
  • Love 4
On June 7, 2016 at 11:04 AM, OhIgetit said:

I don't think they are being mean girls. If Leeann were a man would her behavior towards Marie be excused?  If you are familiar with the cycle of abuse I am pretty confident that she has been verbally abusive to Tiffany and Marie gets them backwith warm fuzzies. While there may not be actual physical violence her verbal abuse is disgusting.  I think Marie's look of fear on her face is just that.  I wouldn't put anything past Leeann if she felt like someone hurt her image in the charity world.  This just shows she has zero self awareness because you can laugh off someone pooping in a bag, you can't laugh off verbal abuse and threats of violence.   

I see the situation through a different lens.  Brandi brought up the poop story on the bus (way to mend fences and develop friendships) which blind-sighted Leeanne and caused issues between Marie and Leeanne.  This is a mean girl tactic to me.  If the beef between Brandi and Leeanne had been squashed at this point in time, why bring up a negative to cause Leeanne to go on the defensive? 

Leeanne told 3 people about her situation and somehow the women that don't like her knew about it.  Yeah, she could have laughed it off, but it would have been easier to do in a group of supportive women versus a group of women that really don't like her.  I credit her for going out by the pool to get away from the group.  A well adjusted person would have had the conversation with Marie at poolside then let it go.  Leeanne needs to seek help for how she handles slights and digs.  She is too old to act like a teenage girl.  Plus, it looks bad when you are trying to come up in high society.  She won't be in high society because she was not born to it, but she is messing with her status as a fringe player by acting like a fool.  Nonetheless, she had a reason to be pissed that her confidence was breached and that the people that don't like her had the information.

Marie and Leeanne are friends and friends fight.  I think close friends are like married folk in that they have their own language.  I just don't raise an eyebrow when I hear errant words passed between folks, because different things are allowed in different relationships.  Now, that does not mean that I won't call the cops when I hear or see something that is upsetting to me.  I called the cops when I heard a couple arguing because the tone and language seemed to escalate and she sounded scared.  On another occasion, I called the cops when I overheard hitting.  In this instance, I did not hear anything that made me want to call the cops on Leeanne.  Maybe the full audio would make me feel differently, but I think Marie and Leeanne were having a fight over betrayal and disrespect.  Leeanne got heated and said things she should not have said.  Marie was upset that the fight went to a level that it never went before.  They made up.  For the other women to continuously harp on Leeanne as if they really had some concerns about Marie was bullshit IMO.  I felt that it was all about ganging up on Leeanne not true concern for Marie.  Did they go see what was going on and comfort Marie after they heard the exchange between her and Leeanne?   I suspect they turned over and went back to sleep.

Stephanie and Brandi, as hosts, contributed to the negative air by continuing to make Leeanne's accident the topic of discussion after they arrived at the house.  If its no big deal, why would you continue talking about it?

This is the subtle mean girl stuff I am talking about.

• Love 3

Blink and you missed her Kim Fields of Atlanta doesn't drink either.

To me, this episode was the most disturbing of all that I've seen on all the franchises I watch.  Wait - it might be equal to naked wasted on RHOC.  That was pretty deranged.

• Love 3

I actually went and counted up the housewives on all the franchises .  There have been 96 women thus far.  Folks have been able to come up with three non-drinkers.  Good lord.  Apparently I am odd as a non-drinker.

• Love 4
(edited)

Agreed. This episode was among the most disturbing in HW franchises. Yes, right up there with naked wasted and Scary Island.

The tone in Leeann''s voice and to even use the words "gut" and "kill", violent imagery, is disturbing and threatening. I do think Leeann sort of held back until the camera crew was done for the night and never expected to be "caught on tape"

We had our first glimpse of her disturbing behavior 2-3 episodes back with her fight with Tiffany on the sidewalk and when she shoved a camera (breaking 4th wall). She is both a victim and a bully. And her reactions when she feels threatened, or even slightly disrespected (real or imagined) are over the top. Her body language when this stuff happens is also threatening - - she always leans in and lunges her head forward. 

Hey, this episode just might get the franchise renewed for another season. Or, perhaps, Team Brandi, Stephanie, and Cary might pull a Lisa V-Kyle and say we refuse to shoot with her ala Brandi Glanville. We feel that our safety is threatened. Come contract renewal time, it's either her or us that goes. 

Stay tuned. 

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 7
(edited)
On 6/7/2016 at 0:20 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

Mark just needs to transition already. 

I don't think he's transgender. I think he's a closeted drag queen. 

eta Re drinkers: I'm pretty sure Kandi had a glass of wine or two in earlier seasons. I don't watch anymore, so this may have changed. Jill Z. was known to be addicted to Diet Coke, definitely a teetotaler. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I'm not buying Marie's story.  Sounds like she's claiming that this guy Taylor caught the Bethenny Frankel pees in a bucket episode, twisted it into Leeanne and shit, and then repeated it to Brandi in hopes that Leeanne would "take off Brandi's head", and he thought that would be fun.  Oh - and it just happened to be a true story.  Right.  But my first impression of that guy was dead on.  He's a complete asshole.

And Marie used to be a psychiatric nurse.  I'm not sure what to think about that.

I'm not buying Marie's story either.  I think she told it to the gay guy at some point when they were giggling about Leeann and is now figuratively shitting her own pants because Leeann found out, and she didn't want her to, and certainly doesn't want to take the blame.  It probably would have worked out okay for her (as this sort of thing does for real people in real life) if they hadn't all put it on tv!  That just makes Leeann angrier and more betrayed and Marie look more foolish and like kind of a jerk to a whole bunch of strangers who really have nothing to do with it.

44 minutes ago, Bossa Nova said:

Hey, this episode just might get the franchise renewed for another season. Or, perhaps, Team Brandi, Stephanie, and Cary might pull a Lisa V-Kyle and say we refuse to shoot with her ala Brandi Glanville. We feel that our safety is threatened. Come contract renewal time, it's either her or us that goes. 

I vote for part A of your statement.  At this point I see more carrying on for show than anyone feeling actually threatened.  In the case of Brandi Glanville I think they all just refused to shoot with her because they were sick of her bullshit, not because they felt threatened.  And for now on this show I think they are enjoying having someone to be outraged over.

59 minutes ago, ChlcGirl said:

I actually went and counted up the housewives on all the franchises .  There have been 96 women thus far.  Folks have been able to come up with three non-drinkers.  Good lord.  Apparently I am odd as a non-drinker.

Don't forget Kim Richards - she's been sober for years, with one tiny mistake.  (Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!)

• Love 6
3 hours ago, ChlcGirl said:

Come sit on the couch next to me.  We will enjoy our plain old juice and maintain our dignity.

Unless we're in Colorado, Washington or Oregon. ....But the worst I will do is molest a bag of cheese puffs.

Is it wrong to want to see a franchise where the wives smoke pot?  I feel there would be less drama and more hilarity.  It might even make Yolanda have a good time.

Eh.  Probably not.  Yolanda doesn't really seem to have fun.

• Love 5

Who was that oddball on the OC who was always high?  Had those horrible daughters ... she was heavily into pot!

I will occasionally have a cocktail - maybe 3 or 4 times a year ? - but my drinking days ended in my mid-20s.  

I will do extreme damage to cheese and chocolate though, if there is any on offer!

(edited)
On June 7, 2016 at 11:08 AM, P-Dot said:

It seems like LeeAnne understands why she feels and acts the way she does, but she stopped there and didn't learn how to change her reactions. So she walks around able to define the reasons for her repeated behavior, but with seemingly no intention of changing.   Her identity seems wrapped up in being a victim, and she's not wanting to let go of that and do the hard work of overcoming the trauma from her childhood.  Drama probably feels very familiar to her, and even more comfortable than "normality".  Brandi and Stephanie are understandably incredulous at how Tiffany and Marie just take the abuse and don't hold LeeAnne accountable.

Edited by Miss February
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I'm not sure what is true but she said that Brandi and Stephanie confirmed that they heard it from Tiffany. Maybe they asked Tiff to explain what Taylor was talking about and Tiff told the details (poop in the bag rather than crapping her pants). Weird stuff. I think there may be the truth lies somewhere between both versions. I do have to admit I am biased against Tiff (can't stand her). I do think Tiff deleted her responses to Marie's texts and that Tiff was likely agreeing with Marie's texts .

• Love 1
55 minutes ago, Vicky8675309 said:

I'm not sure what is true but she said that Brandi and Stephanie confirmed that they heard it from Tiffany. Maybe they asked Tiff to explain what Taylor was talking about and Tiff told the details (poop in the bag rather than crapping her pants). Weird stuff. I think there may be the truth lies somewhere between both versions. I do have to admit I am biased against Tiff (can't stand her). I do think Tiff deleted her responses to Marie's texts and that Tiff was likely agreeing with Marie's texts .

Yes!!!  The poop in the bag kept coming up last night. What the hell?

I can be crass and foul mouthed at times but bathroom humor is just lost on me.  Even if I don't get something I can vaguely see that rationale as an onlooker (vocal fry, baby talk, giggling) but I fail to see how incessantly talking about shit is cute. 

I get Leeanne and Marie mixed up.  They look very alike to me. (Disclaimer- I hit the vino to watch reality shows). 

I was lucky enough to be raised by two amazing people. And grew up with similar characters/friends. I'm not mitigating Leeanne but when she was (likely feeling a good buzz) talking about the rejection of her mom, I don't think that was for TV. I think it seemed real and I felt sadness for her. 

When she then screamed so horrifically later that night, I stopped caring. It's like a crutch and/or badge of honor. I venture we could all hang on to something great or small, but life can be brutal (and amazing!) and we suck it up and vow to keep on trucking to happiness.  And realize people are imperfect and that's ok. 

Shitting in a bag/pants is far classier than the grossness she portrayed. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Vicky8675309 said:

I was thinking that she just pooped her pants and the bag bit was an embellishment that had somehow gotten added on to the story - which is why she was able to state so firmly on the bus "I did not poop in a bag".  And then when she first yelled at Marie by the pool she said something like "You can't even repeat a story right."  And Marie may be saying that they heard it from Tiffany, but on the bus they were confirming that it was Marie.  I actually like Marie more than Tiffany, but I still think she's the one who told.  

(I can't believe I retired from teaching middle school 7 years ago and still find myself having to talk about poop!  Although it's more fun here because I don't have to act like the grown up :)

Oh wow!  Another episode dedicated to poop.  Why am I not surprised?  Yawn!

LeeAnne is a psycho!  "Your kill and my kill are two different things."  Tha Fuck?!

• Love 5
18 hours ago, ToukieSmith said:

I see the situation through a different lens.  Brandi brought up the poop story on the bus (way to mend fences and develop friendships) which blind-sighted Leeanne and caused issues between Marie and Leeanne.  This is a mean girl tactic to me.  If the beef between Brandi and Leeanne had been squashed at this point in time, why bring up a negative to cause Leeanne to go on the defensive? 

Brandi originally brought up Leeanne's poop story because Leanne was sticking her nose in the air and commenting "that's disgusting" about Bradi peeing in a cup.  Brandi was already a bit drunk at that point and was like "how dare you criticize my peeing when you poop inappropriately?"

Then Stephanie and Cary immediately jumped in on Brandi's "side" and the fight was on.

• Love 5
21 hours ago, ChlcGirl said:

Or maybe they intentionally avoid casting those who don't imbibe, as they'd be seen as "boring"? 

Don't worry, you're not alone. I don't drink either. 

20 hours ago, princelina said:

I'm not buying Marie's story either.  I think she told it to the gay guy at some point when they were giggling about Leeann and is now figuratively shitting her own pants because Leeann found out, and she didn't want her to, and certainly doesn't want to take the blame.  It probably would have worked out okay for her (as this sort of thing does for real people in real life) if they hadn't all put it on tv!  That just makes Leeann angrier and more betrayed and Marie look more foolish and like kind of a jerk to a whole bunch of strangers who really have nothing to do with it.

Am I the only one who thinks Tiffany may have told? I just don't trust her for some reason. I think she likes to cause trouble between others, then sit back and watch. 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, ghoulina said:

Am I the only one who thinks Tiffany may have told? I just don't trust her for some reason. I think she likes to cause trouble between others, then sit back and watch. 

I'm with you.  I think Tiffany told and was more than happy to let Marie take the brunt of LeeAnn's batshittery.  I think Marie would have admitted it at some point during the interrogation and death threat that.wasn't.a.death.threat. 

• Love 4
15 hours ago, princelina said:

I was thinking that she just pooped her pants and the bag bit was an embellishment that had somehow gotten added on to the story - which is why she was able to state so firmly on the bus "I did not poop in a bag".  And then when she first yelled at Marie by the pool she said something like "You can't even repeat a story right."  And Marie may be saying that they heard it from Tiffany, but on the bus they were confirming that it was Marie.  I actually like Marie more than Tiffany, but I still think she's the one who told.  

(I can't believe I retired from teaching middle school 7 years ago and still find myself having to talk about poop!  Although it's more fun here because I don't have to act like the grown up :)

Watch the after buzz video linked above. LeeAnne crapped in a gift basket (lol). This shit is unreal;-) I believe Marie in that I think Tiffany was the initial source of the story and that Taylor (or Tyler) just got lucky with his story. I really don't know but I don't trust or believe Tiffany.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Or maybe they intentionally avoid casting those who don't imbibe, as they'd be seen as "boring"? 

Don't worry, you're not alone. I don't drink either. 

I agree.  She's every bit as phony as I think Cary is.

• Love 2