Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E09: Killing Time In Austin

• Start Topic

A getaway weekend finds the ladies heading to Brandi and Stephanie's lake house in Austin.  Here, a red-faced secret from LeeAnne's past surfaces; a boozy Brandi showcases her acrobatic skills; a heated confrontation involves Cary, Stephanie and LeeAnne.

(edited)

LeeAnne's behaviour is absolutely appalling by anyone's standards.  She's a fifty year old woman who behaves like a maniac semi-regularly but that's okay because she had a horrible childhood?  She's the only person who has all the feels?  And wasn't it her bestie Tiffany who confirmed with the group at an earlier party that LeeAnne pooped her pants?  Edited to add: correct me if I'm wrong about the last part.

Edited by whydoievencare
  • Love 12

Leanne, you need therapy. You cannot use your childhood as a reason you treat others like shit and think that makes whatever you say and do forgivable. It was scary watching the dynamic between Marie and Leanne - total abusive relationship. The women were right re: Tiffany is the worst kind of friend because she enables Leanne. 

• Love 17
(edited)

If Leeanne does not like how she reacts to people, then she needs to seek help for her problems.  I understand why she was mad at Marie, but the escalation should not have happened.  Apparently, she thinks her circumstances are unique.

I don't get Brandi, Cary and Stephanie.  If Tiffany and Marie want to be friends with Leeanne, thats their choice.  If they want to give her grace, that is their prerogative.  Why keep mess going when it really does not involve you?

I don't care for the mean girl bullshit that Brandi, Stephanie and Cary bring to the table.  Brandi enabled Leeanne's behavior by appearing to let it go, then bringing it up at dinner with Tiffany.  If Stephanie and Brandi felt some kind of way, then they should have talked it out at the house then asked Leeanne to leave instead talking about her behind her back.  The passive aggressive shit they pull is just as bad as Leeanne's flashes of aggression over minor offenses.

Edited by ToukieSmith
  • Love 12
14 minutes ago, whydoievencare said:

LeeAnne's behaviour is absolutely appalling by anyone's standards.  She's a fifty year old woman who behaves like a maniac semi-regularly but that's okay because she had a horrible childhood?  She's the only person who has all the feels?  And wasn't it her bestie Tiffany who confirmed with the group at an earlier party that LeeAnne pooped her pants?  Edited to add: correct me if I'm wrong about the last part.

Shades of Bethenny (NY), both use their childhoods as excuses for their own horrid, verbally violent behaviors. Both need help ASAP.

• Love 13
(edited)

Note to Leanne - If a person has a relationship with someone who is committed to another person, they are not a homewrecker.  The person who decides to break their vows is the 'homewrecker'.  Add to that, Cary and her husband dispute that anyway.

Additionally when you are guest in another person's home, you don't have the right to yell and scream and then tell the hosts to mind their own business.  What you do affects the hosts as well as the other guests.  Grow up.  Honey, you maybe all concerned about the 'charity' world in Dallas and what the expected behavior is but no one in that world is going to give you a pass for your insane behavior.  You're a clueless wannabe. 

And yeah, put your cell phone down when you're out to dinner with others unless it's a text or call from family. 

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 12

I'm voting for Brandi as The Worst this week.  First she brings up the poop story on the bus and credits Marie, which no matter how drunk she is it's obvious it will upset Leeann and get Marie in trouble.  Then she goes in all sympathetic to Leeann and convinces her to stay, and THEN decides at dinner that it's bullshit that people put up with Leeann and her ways.  (LOL at myself though - at the dinner when she tried to start a conversation by saying she was afraid of sharks - I thought she said "sharts" and wasn't sure if she was trying to rile Leeann or sympathize with her :)

Marie - I felt bad for her the last time, but she can just wipe the confused and hurt look off of her face.  I think it's pretty obvious that she told Leeann's embarrassing story to get in with the Girls' Gay Posse, and who knows how many people that creep Taylor has shared the story with, but they had too much decency to repeat it back to Leeann.  It's no wonder to me that Marie put up with Leeann's abuse; she had guilty written all over her.  I can't remember or not if Tiffany was present for that (that we saw) but Marie definitely was.

Leeann - "That's how I am" is not an excuse for bad behavior for anyone.  If you have unpleasant behaviors that are natural to you, work to change them.  And if charity is "everything" to you, get your ass to a soup kitchen and stop trying to be on tv.

Cary - STFU about your "anxiety" and quit trying to insert yourself into other people's drama.

Who is the blonde that is not Stephanie and why is she on my tv?

If Travis and Bryan really built that house themselves, I'm impressed!

• Love 10

And here I thought the cast of Vanderpump rules were immature and vapid.........this cast is threatening to take away your "crown".

I've never taken a laxative so I could fit into a dress, no Leann that is not normal.  Lots of folks come out of bad childhoods and you never know about it.  She's the type of person who will wear that like a medal, so everyone can say oh look how well you've done for yourself and you poor thing - giving her the excuse to be a bitch whenever she wants.

Brandi - put down the "Jesus juice".  Drunk and out of control is not a good look.  Who in the hell does a somersault on a dining table? Your jokes are those of a 10 year old (and that may be insulting to 10 year olds).

Cary - you are acting like a mean girl.  Tiffany, you're not a friend, but an enabler.  Stephanie tell your bestie to lay off the drinking and you need to lay off the stupid juvenile jokes too.  Marie is stirring the shit in the hopes of becoming a regular cast member.  The thirst is real.

Stephanie was correct in saying yeah it might not have been her business, but Leann made it her business when she behaved that way in her house.  Bet Leann wouldn't have acted out if she were in some grand poobah of high society's house.  Oh and Marie is destroying your 'charity career'.  No honey, this show will finish it off, plus any dignity you had.

• Love 12
(edited)

I'm less forgiving of Leeann every week - she really needs to stop laying blame for her ridiculous behavior and just act like an adult.  Time to end the attempt at trying to be the badass she wishes to appear to be.  

Cary bugs the hell out of me in many ways.  I have a hard time looking at her in her TH's (just as I do Lisa Rinna) when she is laughing.  WAY too much Botox and fillers.  Something is very wrong with the relationship between her and her husband, too.  I can't help but mention it - it's just too weird.  

Brandi started this one out as a major shit stirrer, and the whole junior high girl routine between her and Stephanie might've been funny once or twice, but they are seriously immature.  

I guess Marie swore on her daughter's life while lying through her teeth?  Yikes.. What a coward - and then wanting a hug after a teary making up moment with Leeann?  That not only enables Leeann's behavior, it encourages it.

Tiffany is not doing anyone any favors by appointing herself as Leeann's bodyguard, especially Leeann.  

Stephanie and the other blonde girl who was along for the ride and never said a word were the only ones whose behavior I wasn't annoyed by - and with Stephanie, it was when she calmly gave Tiffany a little perspective check and told her to peddle the Team Leeann crap elsewhere. 

Edited by straightshooter
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Note to Leanne - If a person has a relationship with someone who is committed to another person, they are not a homewrecker.  The person who decides to break their vows is the 'homewrecker'.  Add to that, Cary and her husband dispute that anyway.

Additionally when you are guest in another person's home, you don't have the right to yell and scream and then tell the hosts to mind their own business.  What you do affects the hosts as well as the other guests.  Grow up.  Honey, you maybe all concerned about the 'charity' world in Dallas and what the expected behavior is but no one in that world is going to give you a pass for your insane behavior.  You're a clueless wannabe. 

And yeah, put your cell phone down when you're out to dinner with others unless it's a text or call from family. 

I guess I am getting exhausted by RH stories where one person in the present misbehaves and excuses their behavior because someone else is a "homewrecker".  What possible effect does Cary's marriage have on LeeAnne threatening to "gut" someone?  If Tiffany were in fact her friend she would disavow LeeAnne of any notion that her rationales are even close to logical or even sane.

Tiffany you were making no sense at dinner-it is not as if you need to talk down to people, you just need to stop talking.

I have to say across the franchises they have to start allowing for bathroom breaks.  It is infantile and not at all entertaining.  I find it hard to believe they can't schedule a bathroom break or two in a three hour drive. 

• Love 9
(edited)

I will note that these women didn't blink an eye about sharing full and quuen sized beds, I can only imagine the horror of the Ladies of Potomac. That being said am I the only one thinking that the "lake" house which actually wasn't on a lake and didn't even have a water view was either a failed flip by the husbands or a rental by production. The lack of two masters and not a twin bed in sight makes me think it's the later.

That is also a hotel suite out of Doubletree, I feel bad for the Four Seasons!

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

That being said am I the only one thinking that the "lake" house which actually wasn't on a lake and didn't even have a water view was either a failed flip by the husbands or a rental by production. 

So because I am Sally stalker, I found the house, it is a pending sale currently and is owned by a real estate holdings company owned by Bryan and Travis.  Due to it being purchased by new owners, I won't disclose the address, but it isn't too hard to find.  

Is it wrong that I now want a Potomac/Dallas crossover? Alone they are okay, but together they could be gold.  I would pay to watch Karen Huger deal with these girls.  

• Love 8
56 minutes ago, luleetuni said:

So because I am Sally stalker, I found the house, it is a pending sale currently and is owned by a real estate holdings company owned by Bryan and Travis.  Due to it being purchased by new owners, I won't disclose the address, but it isn't too hard to find.  

Is it wrong that I now want a Potomac/Dallas crossover? Alone they are okay, but together they could be gold.  I would pay to watch Karen Huger deal with these girls.  

You are  awesome sauce!

• Love 3

Dear Stephanie,

You are correct about Tiffany and Marie's enabling behavior.   Now it's time for you to stop enabling your BFF,  Brandi, into rehab.

Have we seen one episode where Brandi hasn't been drinking?

• Love 4
(edited)
40 minutes ago, dosodog said:

Dear Stephanie,

You are correct about Tiffany and Marie's enabling behavior.   Now it's time for you to stop enabling your BFF,  Brandi, into rehab.

Have we seen one episode where Brandi hasn't been drinking?

In all fairness, have we seen an episode where any of the other women haven't been drinking either?  In fact, I'd be hard pressed to think of a RH franchise that had a dry episode.  All of them have a glass of wine or a cocktail in their hands at least once a show.

Edited by ChlcGirl
  • Love 8
39 minutes ago, ChlcGirl said:

In all fairness, have we seen an episode where any of the other women haven't been drinking either?  In fact, I'd be hard pressed to think of a RH franchise that had a dry episode.  All of them have a glass of wine or a cocktail in their hands at least once a show.

But in all fairness, Brandi's the only one that constantly talks about "Jesus Juice" to the point where she's talking about it WITH HER DAUGHTERS and the only one who ended up dry humping a male stripper.  

• Love 3
(edited)
5 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

But in all fairness, Brandi's the only one that constantly talks about "Jesus Juice" to the point where she's talking about it WITH HER DAUGHTERS and the only one who ended up dry humping a male stripper.  

Two words: Ramona. Singer.

Wasn't there a trip where she and Sonja ended up on some stranger's boat hanging all over men.  And wasn't there a season where there was another vacation and (was it LeeAnne?) brought home some strange man that slunk out in the morning?

For all their airs, not many of these women are exactly class acts.

Edited by ChlcGirl
  • Love 1
(edited)
12 minutes ago, ChlcGirl said:

Two words: Ramona. Singer.

I'm not disputing that other franchises have their own resident lushes.  I'm talking about Brandi Redmond and her problem, which is what the post you commented on was about.    And we're also in the RHOD thread posting about RHOD.   *EDITED* I didn't mean that to come off as bitchy as it sounds!  

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 2
(edited)

Tiffany's botox/fillers is downright awful.  She's 44 years old and looks at least ten years older because of it.  That forehead is so ridiculously lineless and immoveable that it makes her face look alienesque.  Marie's is pretty awful too.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

I'm not disputing that other franchises have their own resident lushes.  I'm talking about Brandi Redmond and her problem, which is what the post you commented on was about.    And we're also in the RHOD thread posting about RHOD. 

Then let's just say I find Brandi's drinking much less offensive than LeeAnne's aggressive rudeness at a public function (throwing glasses of alcohol and screaming at guests at the cocktail party) and then getting aggressive at another function with another guest.

And I say this as a person who very rarely drinks and finds drunks annoying.

• Love 3
Just now, ChlcGirl said:

Then let's just say I find Brandi's drinking much less offensive than LeeAnne's aggressive rudeness at a public function (throwing glasses of alcohol and screaming at guests at the cocktail party) and then getting aggressive at another function with another guest.

And I say this as a person who very rarely drinks and finds drunks annoying.

I'm only five minutes into watching the show so I haven't got to that scene yet!  But yes, that sounds really awful.

That said, I think LeeAnne is just a very bad actress trying desperately to be a reality start that everyone talks about.  I think Brandi's "Jesus Juice" is somewhat of a schtick but at the same time, I think she has some issues with alcohol.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

I'm only five minutes into watching the show so I haven't got to that scene yet!  But yes, that sounds really awful.

That said, I think LeeAnne is just a very bad actress trying desperately to be a reality start that everyone talks about.  I think Brandi's "Jesus Juice" is somewhat of a schtick but at the same time, I think she has some issues with alcohol.

Cary is being insufferable.  And Tiffany is just ... I don't even know what she is.  But definitely annoying.

• Love 3
(edited)
15 minutes ago, ChlcGirl said:

Cary is being insufferable.  And Tiffany is just ... I don't even know what she is.  But definitely annoying.

Cary is so transparent.

(1) I didn't sleep with him while fat! (see I'm not a homewrecker!)

(2) I hate presents! (see I'm not a golddigger)

(3) I married my best friend! (see, our fabulous marriage isn't a show for the camera).

(4) I want my body to be photoshopped! (see how humble I am while I pose seductively!)

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 19

Of course Mark had to try and micromanage Cary's packing. I bet she was super glad to get away from him for a few days. 

The fight with LeeAnne was pretty crazy. First, do we actually know who spread the poop story? Did we see who told that dude, but I'm just forgetting? Marie swears it wasn't her; I wouldn't be surprised if it were Tiffany. I think she's stealth as fuck. 

Also, I get why LeeAnne reacts the way she does. She claims she had no voice as a child. So now that she's broke free from all that, when people hurt her, she's going to let them know. Okay, but that doesn't give you the right to threaten and intimidate people. If you were treated so badly as a child, why would you think it's okay to treat others badly? If you really think Marie told the story, just be done with her. NO need for these late night talks about killing that don't REALLY mean "killing". 

The other girls were all too happy to have LeeAnne fuck up again. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ChlcGirl said:

I hate myself for knowing this.  I don't think Jill (OG / RHONY) drank.  Possible?

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Cary is so transparent.

(1) I didn't sleep with him while fat! (see I'm not a homewrecker!)

(2) I hate presents! (see I'm not a golddigger)

(3) I married my best friend! (see, our fabulous marriage isn't a show for the camera).

(4) I want my body to be photoshopped! (see how humble I am while I pose seductively!)

Cary thinks she's the smartest person in the room, at all times. 

Sidebar: the $1.5 million in assets I believe someone referenced on last week's thread.  If he split with wife person #1, split the assets and pays alimony and child support and his medical practice is incorporated and he pays himself a salary and the real profits are invested in another business vehicle, I would buy that he "only" has $1.5 million in personal assets. 

Also, I've skipped the last few episodes.  Of all things, it's the Jesus Juice that me think Brandi/Stephanie are too stupid to make fun of.  You can't make fun of someone you pity.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Grey Goose said:

I hate myself for knowing this.  I don't think Jill (OG / RHONY) drank.  Possible?

I honestly don't know. Over the years  I've watched the first seasons of the RH shows and then ditched because the second season is always exponentially so much more fake.  And because the friendships I enjoyed always breakdown between seasons.

If she didn't, she's one in almost 100 "ladies."

2 minutes ago, Grey Goose said:lso I've skipped the last few episodes.  Of all things, it's the Jesus Juice that me think Brandi/Stephanie are too stupid to make fun of.  You can't make fun of someone you pity.

Stupid quote box.  I agree that they are the most ditzy of this group.  By far!  But those two occasionally come off with some of the most sensible statements.  They're like idiot savants.

I will admit to having a soft spot for them.  I really love how genuine their friendship is.

• Love 4

From the story:

Is there Bravo footage of what happened with LeeAnne and Marie?

It seems like a waste to get a bunch of dramatic people drunk and then leave for the night, but the only documentation we have of LeeAnne's rampage against Marie is courtesy of Cary filming it with her phone? The episode picks up with the girls huddling about it in the morning. Was the whole thing too awful to show? Or would Andy Cohen laugh at me for saying that?

Psssssshhhh! We'll be seeing that bad boy at the reunion show! Cohen ain't no fool!

• Love 3

While LeeAnn and Marie were talking in the morning, the ladies kept saying it needed to be between the two of them, but then Cary and Stephanie kept inserting themselves into it and not letting LeeAnn and Marie get a word in.  Stop putting yourself in situations where it's NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS, STEPHANIE AND CARY.

Cary needs to quit judging people and saying that she's not.  It's too obvious. 

I'm over Marie's cried eyes.  You said it, so now own it. (TM Rinna)

I was starting to get into Brandi and LeeAnn.

I'll stick around for the reunion, but I'm not up for watching 4 women pile up on 1, I don't care who she is or what she does.  It's not fun.  It's bullying.

I know drama increases ratings, but does it have to be 24/7? Can't we have a few moments of peace?! 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ChlcGirl said:

It seems like a waste to get a bunch of dramatic people drunk and then leave for the night, but the only documentation we have of LeeAnne's rampage against Marie is courtesy of Cary filming it with her phone? The episode picks up with the girls huddling about it in the morning. Was the whole thing too awful to show? Or would Andy Cohen laugh at me for saying that?

It's possible that they had sort of calmed down for the night. Maybe several even went to bed - I think Stephanie said that she was hiding in Cary's bed or vice versa. But then maybe Tiff and LeeAnne were in their room and LeeAnne got all riled up about it again, got out of bed, and went and confronted Marie. It's also possible she was intentionally staying calm until the cameras left because she knew she would get ugly. 

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, Slider said:

While LeeAnn and Marie were talking in the morning, the ladies kept saying it needed to be between the two of them, but then Cary and Stephanie kept inserting themselves into it and not letting LeeAnn and Marie get a word in.  Stop putting yourself in situations where it's NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS, STEPHANIE AND CARY.

Cary needs to quit judging people and saying that she's not.  It's too obvious. 

I'm over Marie's cried eyes.  You said it, so now own it. (TM Rinna)

I was starting to get into Brandi and LeeAnn.

I'll stick around for the reunion, but I'm not up for watching 4 women pile up on 1, I don't care who she is or what she does.  It's not fun.  It's bullying.

I know drama increases ratings, but does it have to be 24/7? Can't we have a few moments of peace?! 

It became their business when LeeAnne started threatened Marie and Brandi brought Marie's name in to it.  Was this the usual RH case of someone LeeAnne making a comment (passing judgment) about what someone else (Brandi) was doing?  So leeAnne waiting to separate marie from the pack to attack her was really, really scary evil.  She had an opportunity to address it on the bus.

LeeAnne needs to stop blaming her childhood, or claim she is trying to save the charities.  her childhood is long past and the charities will do just fine with or without her.  Saying you will "gut someone" is usually contradictory to a pleasant public image.   

• Love 11
11 hours ago, ToukieSmith said:

If Leeanne does not like how she reacts to people, then she needs to seek help for her problems.  I understand why she was mad at Marie, but the escalation should not have happened.  Apparently, she thinks her circumstances are unique.

I don't get Brandi, Cary and Stephanie.  If Tiffany and Marie want to be friends with Leeanne, thats their choice.  If they want to give her grace, that is their prerogative.  Why keep mess going when it really does not involve you?

I don't care for the mean girl bullshit that Brandi, Stephanie and Cary bring to the table.  Brandi enabled Leeanne's behavior by appearing to let it go, then bringing it up at dinner with Tiffany.  If Stephanie and Brandi felt some kind of way, then they should have talked it out at the house then asked Leeanne to leave instead talking about her behind her back.  The passive aggressive shit they pull is just as bad as Leeanne's flashes of a

Sorry having trouble quoting

I don't think they are being mean girls. If Leeann were a man would her behavior towards Marie be excused?  If you are familiar with the cycle of abuse I am pretty confident that she has been verbally abusive to Tiffany and Marie gets them backwith warm fuzzies. While there may not be actual physical violence her verbal abuse is disgusting.  I think Marie's look of fear on her face is just that.  I wouldn't put anything past Leeann if she felt like someone hurt her image in the charity world.  This just shows she has zero self awareness because you can laugh off someone pooping in a bag, you can't laugh off verbal abuse and threats of violence.   

• Love 8

So leeAnne waiting to separate marie from the pack to attack her was really, really scary evil.  She had an opportunity to address it on the bus.

Scary evil?  To me, that's a bit harsh.  If she really felt physically threatened then the police or producers should have been involved.  I don't think for a second that anyone took her threats seriously.  It's like yelling "I could kill you for saying that!" and not actually thinking where's a weapon so I can see it through.  

If LeeAnn had addressed it on the bus, she would have had to admit in front of everyone that the embarrassing story was true.  Why does she have to do that?  It was between her and Marie, and she tried to keep it that way.  

If Leeann were a man would her behavior towards Marie be excused?

She's not a man.  It would change everything if she was, but she's not so it changes nothing.

• Love 5
(edited)
8 hours ago, Slider said:

Scary evil?  To me, that's a bit harsh.  If she really felt physically threatened then the police or producers should have been involved.  I don't think for a second that anyone took her threats seriously.  It's like yelling "I could kill you for saying that!" and not actually thinking where's a weapon so I can see it through.  

If LeeAnn had addressed it on the bus, she would have had to admit in front of everyone that the embarrassing story was true.  Why does she have to do that?  It was between her and Marie, and she tried to keep it that way.  

She's not a man.  It would change everything if she was, but she's not so it changes nothing.

Threats of violence are threats of violence man or woman what Leeann did was reprehensible and should never be tolerated or justified. 

Edited by AmandaPanda
  • Love 11

LeAnne should have laughed it off. If she had just told the story as she did in her TH, they all could have had a laugh and it would have been over. The cat was out of the bag as far as that goes and her getting angry only made it worse.  Laughing it off and not showing your hurt or embarrassment is much more powerful than having a conniption fit and threatening people 

• Love 14

That little Brandi sure likes to get sloppy shitfaced, doesn't she? What a fool, doing summersaults on the dining room table, where everybody eats. She needs to grow up. I think she's drinking so much because she has a lonely miserable marriage. 

ALL of these women are so unlikeable. Except Stephanie but if she doesn't stop with that laugh of hers I could change my mind about her, too. 

• Love 5

I almost forgot!  I did like Cary once this episode.  When she was talking about how, so LeeAnne shit in a bag - big deal!  And then she said (and I'm paraphrasing here) " I bet Brandi shits in her pants all the time!  And likes it!  And rolls around in it!"  That was pretty amusing because I bet if Brandi did do that, she'd share that story with anyone! ?

• Love 5
(edited)

Threats of violence are threats of violence man or woman what Leeann did was reprehensible and should never be tolerated or justified. 

I'm not tolerating or justifying, I'm just saying that the behavior on the other side isn't any better, and that I think LeeAnn's bahavior is being blown out of proportion.

Edited by Slider
Clarifying details.
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I totally agree with this and was going to say the same thing.  She's taken on a role, but I don't think she realizes that it's not going to serve her well - in her charity world, or otherwise.

• Love 2