Type keyword(s) to search

Angie Tribeca - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I also liked when Geils said Tribeca was just driving back from her story line. 

I didn't like last season as much as the first but I do think this season has returned to form.  Or at least close to the first season.

• Love 5
(edited)

That season finale certainly embraced the show's absurdity! "We went to different cities, tracking Sniglet! He killed people! There were times when people worked the case when I wasn't there!" "You're overthinking it, as usual."

Edited by Corgi-ears
  • Love 3
(edited)

I thought the finale was a complete snoozer, but overall really liked the season a ton more than season 2. A lot of great episodes and rapid fire dumb jokes, which is what I wanted. My favorite episode was probably the one with the love robot, where Diane Duran was working at Carl's Jr High and that robot storyline. Also the blindspot parody episode with Liv Tyler was great. 

Paraphrasing, but the scene where she's describing her childhood home slowly remembering details. "Gray siding, a big porch, a chimney on the roof, grass on the lawn, a sidewalk" and Angie interjects with the address had me in stitches.

Edited by TheRabbi
  • Love 4

Late to the party, but I completely agree that Season 3 hit the Season 1 comedy that I wasn't sure they could recapture. My only gripe about the Sniglet arc is less about the wrap-up and more about how it was completely ignored for several middle episodes. I understand there are reasons for that, but it was weird to go from it being a cliff-hanger one episode to not being mentioned for 3.

I think making each episode in the image of another TV show/TV genre was a pretty clever way to refresh the series.  It is weird they haven't explained where Geils has gone.  (As of Ep. 6, the Fargo episode which is also my favorite so far. )

• Love 2

I'm through 6 episodes. My favorite is episode 5 with Rose Byrne. The 2-second Peanuts gag had me in absolute stitches. A lot of blink and you miss them gags. The ending with the wire and her downfall was great too.The Fargo episode was pretty good. Fargo is my favorite show of the past 5-10 years.

• Love 1

I like that this show doesn't make sense. Angie gets out of jail 20 years later and the only change is a short haircut, meanwhile her son has grown up to be someone who is clearly older than she is. My favorite running gag was the different mobile truck names. "Cut a Bitch Dog Grooming" made me laugh the most. I'm sure I'd have to watch each episode at least three times to catch all the jokes.

14 hours ago, TheRabbi said:

I'm through 6 episodes. My favorite is episode 5 with Rose Byrne. The 2-second Peanuts gag had me in absolute stitches. A lot of blink and you miss them gags. The ending with the wire and her downfall was great too.The Fargo episode was pretty good. Fargo is my favorite show of the past 5-10 years.

My DVR somehow missed recording episode 5 because I didn't see an episode with Rose Byrne.

• Love 3
On 1/2/2019 at 12:06 PM, SHD said:

My DVR somehow missed recording episode 5 because I didn't see an episode with Rose Byrne.

Try to catch that one. I've made it as far as that episode, and of all the ones up to that point, it by far (IMO) has the most laughs.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Milburn Stone said:

Try to catch that one. I've made it as far as that episode, and of all the ones up to that point, it by far (IMO) has the most laughs.

I did find it On Demand. I'm glad you mentioned it because I wasn't paying attention to episode numbers and I assumed my DVR had caught them all!

On 12/30/2018 at 10:04 PM, Irlandesa said:

I think making each episode in the image of another TV show/TV genre was a pretty clever way to refresh the series.

Agreed. This show had been off the air so long, I'd kinda forgotten about it. Didn't know if I would bother watching.

Just finished, and it was definitely worth the binge. Still funny.

• Love 3