Type keyword(s) to search

Angie Tribeca - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I will be rewatching these this weekend most likely, but while both episodes were enjoyable, I think I preferred the gag-a-second vibe of the first season compared to the more nuanced storytelling here. There were half a dozen moments after a line where I was expecting a 'literal' gag to take place.

That's a lot of complaining however. Both episodes were enjoyable with plenty of laughs. I really enjoyed the call center lady with the harpoon serial number.

• Love 3

Mr.DNR laughs like a crazy person at this show - he loves the Airplane movies so I get it.  I do laugh out loud at some of the jokes/gags too 

• Love 3
(edited)

Second viewing I did appreciate more of the jokes. The lawyer was really funny. "Let me do the talking....But she didn't do anything!" Also the bit with the massage table.

The best line that I totally missed the first time was the girl saying 'We've been high school sweethearts, ever since college.'  

So This was a pretty funny episode for sure. Will rewatch the second one later.

Edited by TheRabbi
  • Love 1
On 6/7/2016 at 8:10 AM, dubbel zout said:

I'm bummed the screaming gag in the theme song is gone.

Yeah.  But I'm so glad they got rid of the vomting cop.  Enough that I'm willing to trade the scream.

I enjoyed both episodes and I thought there as many silly jokes as last season.  I do think that both of these cases were better than some TV shows who do serious mystery drama. 

• Love 1

I missed the first two episodes of the season last week so when I came in I was not prepared for the changes. I was like "Geils had a baby with Monica?! What the-?!"

I loved when they were interrogating the lifeguard and he does a variation of Jack Nicholson's speech from A Few Good Men and he says "Who's going to do it? You Lt. Weinberg?!" and suddenly Kevin Pollack who played Weinberg in the movie is sitting at the table in a naval uniform!

• Love 1

This season just isn't as funny for me unfortunately. I liked one of the first gags with the earplugs, and it was funny how every lifeguard ended up being undercover, but thats about all I remember.

This episode seemed slow and took itself way too seriously, almost like they forgot that it was supposed to be a comedy sometimes and then threw in a half-baked joke. Hope next week is back to normal, this pace was boring.

Probably the best of the season thus far. My favorite moment easily was when they knocked on the bad guys door, and you hear the loud, obnoxious, angry dog, then he opens the door and is holding that tiny thing. I had to rewind that a couple times. Great stuff

• Love 3

Agree that this was the best of the season up to this point.  (Haven't watched tonight's episode yet; though.)  Fun storyline, good guest stars, good jokes... good stuff all around.  I much preferred this over the previous episode.

• Love 1

Looks like he's getting read the Riot Act in there!!  Stupid stuff like that is why I like the show. The last few have been a bit better. I also liked the IA agent who kept appearing everywhere.

• Love 3

Not a great episode, though it doesn't help that I have never liked Maya Rudolph. Her schtick has never worked for me.  I enjoyed the elevator bit, and that's about all I remember a day later...not a great sign.

15 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

It's too bad they didn't follow through with having ER alums playing the hospital roles. It was fun to see Noah Wyle and Eriq La Salle.

I would've loved for them to have scenes together.  

• Love 1
On 6/15/2016 at 7:16 AM, Iamsweetdee said:

This episode could have fit right in Season 1. The gags were funny and the crazy came shining through.  Missed Tanner and Hoffman, though.

But Hoffman showed up at the end to dig Tanner up! It was so cute! (Sorry for all the exclamation points, I love Tanner and Hoffman...)

• Love 1
(edited)

I really liked this episode! It's been a while since I've laughed at this show and this one was closer to Season 1's joke-a-minute rhythm. 

Edited by niklj

This episode was alright. Some decent laughs. I liked the sniper putting together the rifle, and I loved the interview with the trombone player. 'You think I did it? Do you have any idea how much one of those things costs??...How much?'

Scholls really does nothing for me anymore. I miss the wacky entrances by Alfred Molina

Alright that was definitely the best episode of the season. I laughed nearly throughout. 

Pardon me!?

The valet bit and the entire sequence of Geils tailing Angie.

The bit with the fake mayor by Jenkins labs was fantastic.

And the constant mask pulling at the end was great. Hoping they can keep it up next year.

This was definitely one of the most joke-per-minute episodes they've done this season.  We haven't had as many episodes like this since they switched to a more ongoing storytelling mode.  I still enjoyed this season but I think the last "first season type" joke we had was when Geils said "May I have" that and then rips the card in half.  Gosh I loved that joke.

But this had a ton.  I especially liked the "We came as soon as we heard....and then we left for the precinct."

• Love 3

The mask pulling off conclusion was so nonsensical and hilarious that I practically clapped. Oh that was amazing.

I know some people have been kind of meh on this season, but I have really enjoyed it. The story has worked for me, and the jokes are still pretty great. Cant wait for the next season!

• Love 3

Random thoughts after catching up on this season:

I'm enjoying this season more than last. Feels like it's back to the formula that made Season 1 so fun - lots and lots of rapid-succession dumb jokes, puns, sight gags, etc.  Except for the S2 finale, it seemed like last season had many fewer jokes per episode than the first.  Sure, not all of the jokes land, but I prefer when I can hardly keep up with them.  Season 3 is delivering on that.

The "hunt for a serial killer" premise is kind of a miss, though.  Dunno, just not really working for me.  

Rachel Dratch was great in tonight's ep, as was Natalie Portman in last week's.  

• Love 1
10 hours ago, The Bullpen said:

The "hunt for a serial killer" premise is kind of a miss, though.  Dunno, just not really working for me.

Same here, though Chris Pine is very funny as a Hannibal Lecter–type.

I agree that I'm liking this season better than last.  It's back to silly fun.   

I don't even mind the serial killer story because of Chris Pine but also because it gives the cops a good reason to chase him around the country and have different versions of Angie Tribeca....like the NY version in this ep where there is a blue overlay to make it grittier.  Not that there needs to be a reason for anything on this show but it's still nice.

I wonder who will play the serial killer considering the big gets we have had this season.

• Love 1

Wow, hadn't even realized that was Chris Pine.  Couldn't recognize him with the beard, and I guess I missed any promos or news items that mentioned him guest-starring.  

Irlandesa, I'm pretty sure the serial killer has already appeared, no? 

I'm enjoying all the guest roles this season. I keep wondering if these better known actors are auditioning for the parts, or the cast (Rashida, etc.) is just texting friends and asking if they want in! :)

• Love 1