Type keyword(s) to search

Black Panther (2018)

DollEyes
  • Start Topic

chadwick-boseman-black-panther.jpg

First of all fuck Chadwick Boseman for being 40 and looking a smooth 25.

My god this movie looks spectacular.  I don't even have the words for my level of excitement.

Next you'll tell me Denzel cameos in a flashback as the original Black Panther.

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, JessePinkman said:

chadwick-boseman-black-panther.jpg

First of all fuck Chadwick Boseman for being 40 and looking a smooth 25.

My god this movie looks spectacular.  I don't even have the words for my level of excitement.

Next you'll tell me Denzel cameos in a flashback as the original Black Panther.

He's 40?!

• Love 5

Meanwhile, Angela Bassett is approaching 60 but doesn't look at all old enough to have an entire head of white hair; so I can only assume that wig is shade (at Fox? Halle?).

(Yes, I'm aware her character has been depicted with white dreads in the comics - BUT STILL.)

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Dee said:

1440713341_danai-gurira-zoom.jpg

Speaking of 40th birthdays, it'll be Danai Gurira's turn next year, and she still looks like a college freshman....

45 minutes ago, DollEyes said:

"Black don't crack."

I know it but it never ceases to amaze.

• Love 8

I wouldn't say it's a universal thing, I mean I got a mental image of what someone is going to look like when they're 40 and black from somewhere. It just so happens that Angela Bassett looks more like that image than the actual 40-year-olds.

Description of BP footage in this article: 'Best Part of Congressional Black Caucus Week? Exclusive Footage of Marvel’s Black Panther'

Demmings used her connections with Disney (the Disney World Orlando theme park is located in the 10th District) to put on a panel called “Imagining a Bigger World—Marvel’s Black Panther, Cultural Heritage and STEM,” which premiered five minutes of exclusive footage from the upcoming Black Panther movie.

... Moderator Jay Harris of ESPN introduced the star-studded panel, including director Coogler; actress Danai Gurira (The Walking Dead); Belinda Frazier, head of diversity and outreach at Disney; Nate Moore, the film’s executive producer; and Rick Loverd, the director of Science and Entertainment Exchange at the National Academy of Sciences.

This comes out in February, we're about due for the next trailer within the next few weeks, right?

I know there's so much but can I just point out the costumes?  That is some damn fine tailoring.  Oh my God.

Sincerely, when I try to articulate any element of my excitement, I just lose all capacity to formulate sentences.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, AimingforYoko said:

Apparently somebody forgot to forward the memo to Ryan Coogler.

And thank goodness for that!!!  But I've seen comments recently that TPTB Disney/Marvel are now purposely letting the creators run with their vision so the movies each have their own feel.  They still need to work within the overall universe, but otherwise they have more latitude to create and explore.  

• Love 6
56 minutes ago, Wynterwolf said:

And thank goodness for that!!!  But I've seen comments recently that TPTB Disney/Marvel are now purposely letting the creators run with their vision so the movies each have their own feel.  They still need to work within the overall universe, but otherwise they have more latitude to create and explore.  

And it's paying off, just look at the Guardians. And they deliberatly had James Gunn as a producer for A3/A4 to make sure the Guardians continue to sound, look and act like themselves. I love it!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Wynterwolf said:

I'm all for that and I love a good, exciting, serious movie, but, and please don't hate me, I do love the light-hearted humor that goes with the Marvel movies.   I see that  Thor: Ragnorak went really far in that direction, so I reserve judgement on that one, but I like the nice balance that most of the others have and hope that this one not all serious, no matter how well it's done.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Shannon L. said:

but I like the nice balance that most of the others have and hope that this one not all serious,

I agree, and at least from the trailer, this looks like it's built for snarky one-liners, kind of like Iron Man 1 was... so it's giving me a good feeling so far on that score, but we'll have to wait (until February, dammit!!) to see.  

• Love 2

That looks crazy good.  I'll admit I wasn't 100% sold on this from the previous trailers, mostly because the Christopher Priest Black Panther was like my favourite comic back in the day and I wasn't sure if the movie could live up to that. But this looks super awesome, I think I will watch it again.

Also if (hopefully when) we get a sequel, can Barkhad Abdi (the I'm the Captain Now guy) play Achebe? 

• Love 1

Hot damn.  I've seen the first trailer a ton, and I STILL get excited whenever I see it playing before a movie at the theater (the second Andy Serkis says, "What do you know about Wakanda?", I'm gone.)  This new one had me grinning and squeeing with hand-flapping excitement from start to finish.  I cannot WAIT for this movie.

• Love 4

I. LOVE. THIS!!!! 

Chadwick Boseman is officially in the category with Denzel Washington where they have the most badass/sexy walk. The swagger, the smile, my heart. He also screams “regal” everything about him does. 

And Michael B Jordan is so fresh with the glasses and fur lined denim jacket( I finally understand how Loki fans could crush on him all this time)the whole outfit just says “swag” and he’s just so fine!!

Every single woman in this trailer looked so beautiful. The Dora Milaje is awesome. And Shuri, her and T’Challa’s hand shake was so cute. I love the clothing, the colors, the action!!! I’m ready, so ready. 

• Love 8
5 hours ago, AimingforYoko said:

Aw, poor Andy. I think he knows he was built for motion capture.

I respectfully disagree. I think he's adorably sexy. And a bit more age-appropriate for me to crush on.

Back on topic, this is one gorgeous and sexy-looking movie. And ever since Strange Days, I'd happily change camps for Angela Bassett.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Jazzy24 said:

( I finally understand how Loki fans could crush on him all this time)

Ha! Me too.

"He's the Bad Guy."
"Yeah, but..."

2 hours ago, Jazzy24 said:

Every single woman in this trailer looked so beautiful. The Dora Milaje is awesome. And Shuri, her and T’Challa’s hand shake was so cute. I love the clothing, the colors, the action!!! I’m ready, so ready. 

I've said this already, but I'm going to need all the clothes. ALL. Of. Them.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 5

More black women talked in that trailer than they have in the entirety of the MCU. 

I loved every single second of that trailer. Yesterday I felt like...optimum black. It is just SO GREAT! The action, the mood, the direction...I can't handddddddle it. It's everything I always knew I wanted.

• Love 7

I'm not crazy about the stuff I'm seeing for Killmonger styling himself as a mirror image Black Panther—that video pointing out all the Marvel heroes fighting villainous doppelgangers of themselves hit the nail on the head. But every other moment of the trailer made me eager to see it.

• Love 1

My body is ready.

I mean, holy crap, every single shot in that trailer is fucking beautiful. And we have a Black Fantasy Setting that isn't sticks and mud huts. It's superior technology and intellect and it's own very specific aesthetic that isn't 'what if this African nation developed like a white European nation?' This has a distinctive voice and vision and it is about damn time!!

If this movie is half as good as it looks then it's going to be tremendous.

• Love 11

I looooove the... force field?  camouflage field?  they fly through to get into the city.  I wonder how much protection from external attack that affords them... so many intriguing questions!!  

Edited by Wynterwolf
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Bruinsfan said:

I'm not crazy about the stuff I'm seeing for Killmonger styling himself as a mirror image Black Panther—that video pointing out all the Marvel heroes fighting villainous doppelgangers of themselves hit the nail on the head. But every other moment of the trailer made me eager to see it.

I get what you're saying, but I think it's more of a general comic book trope than a MCU thing. Although, yeah, the Marvel movies have done it more than the DC movies.

4 hours ago, Wynterwolf said:

I looooove the... force field?  camouflage field?  they fly through to get into the city.  I wonder how much protection from external attack that affords them... so many intriguing questions!!  

They really did a good job of showing how Wakanda is the most technologically advanced place in the world. Which is pretty impressive considering what the rest of the MCU has.

Also that action scene wit T'Challa on the roof of those cars looked really cool.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Wynterwolf said:

But this clarifies the dates (and kinda adds more weight to the idea of T'Challa sort of taking over Tony's role in the MCU going forward).  

If this is true, I can't wait.  T'Challa is one of my favorite Marvel characters and giving him a bigger and ongoing role is great, 

• Love 1

I think Shuri is supposed to be the inventor extraordinaire. Not knocking T'Challa at all but I fucking LOVE the idea of Shuri is the genius inventor of the MCU once Tony clocks out for good. I am here for her panther gauntlets!

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Dandesun said:

I think Shuri is supposed to be the inventor extraordinaire. Not knocking T'Challa at all but I fucking LOVE the idea of Shuri is the genius inventor of the MCU once Tony clocks out for good. I am here for her panther gauntlets!

Definitely!!!  She is my favorite so far... and I think between her and T'Challa they basically cover all the 'genius billionaire playboy philanthropist' elements.  Plus with added political savvy and clout.  

• Love 3
(edited)

After seeing trailer #2, my mind is blown. 

Chadwick is perfect, MBJ is perfect, Lupita is perfect, Angela is perfect, Danai is perfect, the Dora Milaje are perfect-oh hell, the whole fucking movie is perfect. 

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 11