Type keyword(s) to search

Black Panther (2018)

DollEyes
  • Start Topic

Nice poster. Really. Looking forward to seeing what the movie looks like. Still doubting that Martin Freeman will be anywhere near Canon Ross, but it should be fun.

I was very much into Priest's run on Black Panther. Wound up grabbing a lot of old comics with T'Challa, including the one where he throws down with Man-Ape. I got that Avengers comic, and I had it used as reference by Sal Buscema for a quick M'Baku sketch.

Meh. It'll be online soon after. I do find the setting to be fitting. "Well, the Warriors are laying the smack down on the Cavaliers tonight . . . and now, let's look at what happens when an imperial force tries to take Vibranium from Wakanda. Here's a hint: It does not go smoothly!"

• Love 1
(edited)

Ooohhhh a poster and a teaser in the same day? Very excited.

I like that poster, I like the regal look and that it's not just Black Panther in a superhero pose. 

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

Is that Ulysses Klaw? Funny that we've had all sorts of foes for T'Challa to fight, yet the first one is identifiable, verging on archfoe status.

The trailer? Looks awesome. Panther is agile as hell, and of course his suit would be bulletproof.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Lantern7 said:

Is that Ulysses Klaw? Funny that we've had all sorts of foes for T'Challa to fight, yet the first one is identifiable, verging on archfoe status.

The trailer? Looks awesome. Panther is agile as hell, and of course his suit would be bulletproof.

Yes that was Ulysses Klaw last seen in Avengers Age of Ultron. I guess you missed Captain America Civil War, 

Spoiler

the scene on the roof when NATO troops fired on The Winter Soldier with no care about collateral damage

(edited)
4 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Mee-yow!

Awww, Fuck yeah!! Between the poster and the trailer, Rawwwrrrr is more like it! After seeing the trailer, MCU can not only take my money, they can take my house, my car and possibly my first born child (if I had one).

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 6
On 6/9/2017 at 6:41 PM, JessePinkman said:

The concept of the poster is fine, the problem is the execution. That is exceptionally bad photoshop.

My people!

As for the trailer -- ? <-- Tears of joy, y'all. Tears of joy!

Anyone know the music in the trailer?

• Love 3
(edited)

I remember some months ago, Marvel invited entertainment writers to tour the production. I think the Vulture writer came back and wrote this piece about how gorgeous the costumes were and there were no pictures. It bugged the daylights out of me. 

http://www.vulture.com/2017/04/black-panther-looks-like-a-stunning-spin-on-superhero-movies.html

But now that I've seen the pieces, I'm a happy woman. They are fantastic and gorgeous.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, Dee said:

Those Creed workout sessions have done MBJ a LOT of good.

Yes, I believe his resting heart rate has lowered and I'm sure his good cholesterol numbers are up. 

Or were you talking about something else?

• Love 17
(edited)

Wow! Those pictures are everything! Lupita? Fierce. Angela? Fiercer. The Dora Milaje? Fiercest. If the pictures and the trailer are any indication, they could give Wonder Woman's Amazons a run for their money. 

As for Chadwick  & MBJ, DAAYYMM!!  They are hotter than the Wakandan sun!

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 7

It's interesting that, while both men look built, neither has the super-cut six-pack that has become a staple of these superhero films.  I'm pretty sure that super-cut look is achieved through days of starvation and dehydration, so I'm almost happy to steer away from that. As DollEyes says, these men are already hotter than the Wakandan sun.

• Love 7

Marvel doesn't seem as workout-obsessed as some of the other studios turning out superhero movies. I mean, the Chrises all look like a Greek Sculptor carved them, but Mark Ruffalo and CGI Hulk have some softness around the middle, and Tom Holland looks like a wiry athletic teen rather than a jacked up bodybuilder. I approve.

• Love 5

Shit, Zuri's gonna be in there? Once again, I expected somebody much, much larger. And now I'm hating myself for failing to find the first Black Panther volume from Priest. I wanted to get it autographed by inker Bob Almond at a comic show this past weekend. Right now, I'm trying to find Zuri quotes and failing. This will have to do. I think the art is from painter Joe Jusko.

zuri5.jpg

Fingers crossed for a follow-up movie with Queen Divine Justice.

• Love 1
On 7/12/2017 at 4:02 PM, AimingforYoko said:

As someone noted on AV Club, Martin Freeman looks sooooo out of place. And it's glorious.

Yea him being the very smart, but totally over his head doofus was kind of how the character worked. I was surprised how competent they made him in Civil War.

11 hours ago, Bruinsfan said:

Marvel doesn't seem as workout-obsessed as some of the other studios turning out superhero movies. I mean, the Chrises all look like a Greek Sculptor carved them, but Mark Ruffalo and CGI Hulk have some softness around the middle, and Tom Holland looks like a wiry athletic teen rather than a jacked up bodybuilder. I approve.

I wonder if we will start seeing more of the totally ripped look being CGI enhanced. I mean when you hear things like Chris Evans say that the holding back the helicopter scene in Civil War had to be the first thing they shot because he could not keep his body looking like that, then I have to think that whole thing is unsustainable.

• Love 2

This movie (and Wonder Woman) was the only superhero movie I wanted to watch when it was announced. Haven't watched any Marvel property since Age of Ultron and the less said about DC right now the better but I'm so ready for this that if they started selling tickets right now, I'd buy some for four straight weekends. I'm that hype about the cast alone, forget the plot or anything else!

SDCC is gonna be so good for this and I wish I could've made it :(

More pics! Question, in this pic, who is that on the right? It's on Danai Gurira's page, but IMDB also has her down as one of the bald women. Doesn't look like other pics of Gurira either. So this is one example of POCs not looking all alike. :)

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Joe said:

More pics! Question, in this pic, who is that on the right? It's on Danai Gurira's page, but IMDB also has her down as one of the bald women. Doesn't look like other pics of Gurira either. So this is one example of POCs not looking all alike. :)

Pretty sure it's Danai, and her character is just wearing a wig for that scene. (They're undercover on a mission?)

50 minutes ago, Trini said:

Pretty sure it's Danai, and her character is just wearing a wig for that scene. (They're undercover on a mission?)

I've been looking at other pics of her, and I think you're right. Thanks!