Type keyword(s) to search

Mountain Men - General Discussion

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I just caught a show on Animal Planet called The Last Alaskans.  Anyone watch that?  I haven't been able to find a thread for it around here. 

The Last Alaskans is an amazing show. One of the few true reality shows. The episodes airing on Animal Planet right now are reruns. Some of it is beautiful, some of it is thrilling, some of it is sad.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

The Last Alaskans is an amazing show. One of the few true reality shows. The episodes airing on Animal Planet right now are reruns. Some of it is beautiful, some of it is thrilling, some of it is sad.

Right. I saw a scene where this guy looked so sick. I checked it out on line.  think the one airing now is from 2017 actual time. Probably aired last year. I would start thread, but not sure if there'll be more seasons. I love those Alaska or living off the grid lifestyles.

• Love 2
On 7/23/2019 at 9:55 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

Where is this airing and when? 

I just caught a show on Animal Planet called The Last Alaskans.  Anyone watch that?  I haven't been able to find a thread for it around here. 

Mountain Men airs Thursday nights at 8pm on History Channel.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 7/23/2019 at 6:55 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

Where is this airing and when? 

On 7/23/2019 at 7:19 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

Right. I saw a scene where this guy looked so sick. I checked it out on line.  think the one airing now is from 2017 actual time. Probably aired last year. I would start thread, but not sure if there'll be more seasons. I love those Alaska or living off the grid lifestyles.

Here is the thread for The Last Alaskans (best "reality" tv show EVER!) https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/35894-the-last-alaskans/

17 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

I just checked & my TV guide is showing old "enhanced" episodes (here in Alberta).

We're getting new episodes here in the States, so they may be coming your way soon.

Edited by walnutqueen
  • Love 2
(edited)

Just catching up on the new season. A great binge watch on a Saturday morning 

So, did Morgan buy an airplane? Geeze 

Edited by OoogleEyes
New thoughts on a Saturday morning
  • Love 2

"Praise Be" ... they're back!!!  Season 10, Episode 1 tonight!!!

Edited to add:  Some new cast members.  A woman with a very annoying voice & her daughter are hunting to feed a village & going through impossible mud bogs with an over-loaded, tricked out jeep (snicker).

Edited by Medicine Crow
  • Love 1
On 9/1/2021 at 9:57 PM, Medicine Crow said:

"Praise Be" ... they're back!!!  Season 10, Episode 1 tonight!!!

Edited to add:  Some new cast members.  A woman with a very annoying voice & her daughter are hunting to feed a village & going through impossible mud bogs with an over-loaded, tricked out jeep (snicker).

Is anyone else watching this show???  The woman's name is Martha & her 12-yr.-old daughter is Ellie.  If you can get past Martha's high-pitched nasally voice, their "characters" don't pass the smell test.  LOLOL.

• Love 1
On 9/23/2021 at 10:05 PM, Medicine Crow said:

Is anyone else watching this show???  The woman's name is Martha & her 12-yr.-old daughter is Ellie.  If you can get past Martha's high-pitched nasally voice, their "characters" don't pass the smell test.  LOLOL.

I tuned in again, after a two year hiatus. I dumped it off the record list because they inundated my DVR with reworked old episodes that I had no interest in watching. That, and they padded every episode with “coming up” and “previously” scenes (which they’re still doing, but I ff and realized the actual new content of each episode is about a half hour). I don’t record Dr. Pol anymore, because they’re still at it, only worse, way worse. Just show me a new episode, and be done with it (deja moo-crap).

I actually believe the Martha and Ellie story. I believe they’re out there hunting for a cause, but they’re using the opportunity to finance that cause. I get the impression that we’re not going to see their home, the beneficiaries of their efforts, or community life, much as we might want to do so. I respect their dedication as well as their right to privacy. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Is anyone else, besides me, watching this show?  The first show of this season was on Thursday night here & it was promoted as:  "Eustace hunts for his winter meat in the pre-dawn hours"!!  NO Eustace, some familiar characters, but they "introduced" (meaning padded the hour) some new people that we got to watch chopping wood.  Hilarious!!!

I claim fake.  First of all old Eustilless had that saddle and pad too far forward on the horse's withers.  Second why would you keep a stallion with no neck. A small hip, and a big old pot belly for breeding for anything when there are good horses out there?  The guy shooting a  deer was tracking a fricking doe then all of a sudden it turns into a buck.  Sheesh.  Kit and his brothers are at least little bit authentic. 

Don't  know  if  it's just laziness with editing or  what  but totally  not believeable

After seeing  the  branding those aren't  the same calves they brought down  off the mountain.   

Eustilless is training a horse that is  closer to  14 hand pony .  Liar liar pants on fire.  I've seen other horses on this show he has supposedly trained and I'm  calling bullshite on this one

Edited by Blondie
Added information
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1