Type keyword(s) to search

Mountain Men - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I love this show. I really enjoyed watching Marty build his cabin.

Tom is my favorite but he scares me walking around in the snow. He looks like he's going to fall any minute.

• Love 3

I enjoy it also. Just can't describe how oddly relaxing it is. Probably because it is less scripted although I have to remember that cameras are following them around. But the things they do to survive and make their livings are fascinating.

• Love 1

I really enjoyed following Morgan to his property. I hope he learns to trap, unless that's contrived for the show.

I would love to see more cabin building and projects like that.

• Love 2

Just saw that myself on another forum.   So sad.  :(

Preston was basically the only reason why I could watch Eustace ("Useless") segments.  Preston really seemed like a nice guy and a gentle soul.  Outside of maybe Tom and Nancy, he was my favorite personality on the show.  Much too young to leave us.

RIP, Preston.  :(

• Love 6
On 6/1/2016 at 2:59 PM, ethalfrida said:

I enjoy it also. Just can't describe how oddly relaxing it is

It *is* oddly relaxing!

I love this little show. Love Tom and Nancy. This new guy (Brent?) tho... looks like he's in it for the money .

I know it's called Mountain Men, but I'd love an episode or five that showed what Nancy and Margaret did all the live long day.

Edited by OoogleEyes
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, OoogleEyes said:

It *is* oddly relaxing!

I love this little show. Love Tom and Nancy. This new guy (Brent?) tho... looks like he's in it for the money .

I know it's called Mountain Men, but I'd love an episode or five that showed what Nancy and Margaret did all the live long day.

So would I. But you know how these shows do things... it's all about the edge and excitement.

• Love 1

His dad got sick so he sold the place to help out money wise.

I have to be honest, I kinda questioned the reality of the "we're living in a tent on a friend's land with nothing... and we're sending our daughter to public school..." - like I kinda felt like it was for the show. 

• Love 2

Has anyone watched Mountain Men Escape to the Wild? It gives some backstories to these guys. Tom was a champion rodio rider! Nancy's about 10 years younger and has been with him since the beginning 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, OoogleEyes said:

Has anyone watched Mountain Men Escape to the Wild? It gives some backstories to these guys. Tom was a champion rodio rider! Nancy's about 10 years younger and has been with him since the beginning 

Yes, they covered everyone's history early in the show.  I'm wonder where you're seeing the new series???  I couldn't find it on my line-up!!

I missed the premiere of the new season as well.  But I'll just wait and catch it in the reruns.  They replay these episodes about 1000x over the next few weeks/months.

I will definitely miss Preston.  :( 

• Love 1
On 7/20/2018 at 8:42 AM, OoogleEyes said:

My dad was a master falconer back in the day and knew Tom's brother Jack.

I haven't seen this, will have to look for it. Thanks -

• Love 5

I love this show. These men remind me of my dad and his friends and my uncles. I like all these guys and appreciate them letting us interlope into their lives. It's fascinating to me how they brainstorm and cope with all these tasks and obstacles. I feel like a lazy a$$ loser when I watch from my recliner munching popcorn. I feel a bit upset with Jason and Mary in AK tho for having their baby 75 miles from a hospital. I don't like putting a newborn and the mother at any kind of risk like that in 2018, seems selfish and irresponsible. Just my opinion.

I especially enjoy Eustace, he's a fun whackadoodle who I truly admire and respect. Rest in peace dear Preston. I love Tom and Nancy, they are adorable and I think Tom is the original Ironman! Gosh he's tough in good way.  Morgan is always so darn upbeat and smart.  And Marty!  What a hoot! Can't say enough how I enjoy this program. 

• Love 4

I just watched Episode 1 of the new season (7?) where Morgan is trying to catch fish on a bear-infested island.  (I would have packed up after the first bear!!)  I love this show!!  Co-sign "Rest in peace dear Preston" ... he & Eustace were fun to watch.  It was touching to see his three sons & grandson build a new blind.

I'm in Canada, so we get the "new" season after everyone else has seen it, so my comments are probably redundant.

• Love 4

Someone tell Euctace the 60s are over. He is one hell of a hippy and I'm sure he grows more than veggies. Marty (which is my name) is the one I really like. He seems like the one guy that tells the camera crew to f off and just does his thing. Like all other shows, I am sick of the comercial breaks that make it seem like somebody dies.

• Love 4
On 10/14/2018 at 7:13 PM, Handymanmarty said:

Someone tell Euctace the 60s are over. He is one hell of a hippy and I'm sure he grows more than veggies. Marty (which is my name) is the one I really like. He seems like the one guy that tells the camera crew to f off and just does his thing. Like all other shows, I am sick of the comercial breaks that make it seem like somebody dies.

Haha, good observation. Judging from the previews of next week, most of them will be horribly injured. I couldn't help but think of your post at the end of the last show

• Love 1

There's a 3-hour countdown to season 8 on June 1st.  The hubs and I enjoy this show and can't wait for the new season.  I LOOOOOVE Tom.  He seems to be the real deal.  I miss the guy who was trying to teach his young son the ropes, I think his name was Kyle.

• Love 5
(edited)

It's kind of interesting that Jason wants to make his knives completely from scratch but it doesn't seem too practical. To smelt a decent grade of steel, wouldn't he at least have to buy the coke or can you make your own? I would think even melting down scrap would be cheaper than processing ore. I hope they go into detail how he does that. I like him and his family.                 

Edited by Eataton
  • Love 1

It's nice to see Tom have some early success. He's a good guy so I hope it continues. The previews said someone will be leaving the mountain for good this year. I wonder if it's him. He's one of the ones I'd miss.

• Love 3
(edited)
Spoiler

Based on an article I read before the season yes it's Tom. I am going to miss him.

7 hours ago, Eataton said:

It's nice to see Tom have some early success. He's a good guy so I hope it continues. The previews said someone will be leaving the mountain for good this year. I wonder if it's him. He's one of the ones I'd miss.

I hope this doesn't mean they will fill his scenes with Useless. I am not a fan. More Marty would be nice in my opinion.

Edited by badhaggis
Spoiler tag
  • Love 3