Type keyword(s) to search

The Hills - General Discussion

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

Shocking...said no one ever. 

IKR! I don't think Brody can ever commit to anyone and watching his reaction when she talked about having a baby told it all. He has perpetual Peter Pan syndrome. 

• Love 4

Brody's a douche, but it's not all his fault.  I find it annoying that she kept trying to change his mind about having a baby, despite the constant look of horror on his face.  It's like the Bella Twin with John Cena.  If they're telling you over and over that they don't want children, believe them.  Many of us have a nasty habit of thinking we can change our significant others, but they only change if they want to/choose to.  

This revival would be so much more interesting if they ditched the fabricated storylines and just show them making it through their lives.  I'd be interested in seeing Audrina as a mom and running her bathing suit business, JB and his hair salons (lol!), Frankie and his promoting (cause apparently he's actually big time now), Jason get his life back together, Misha and her attempts at a comeback, the Anderson-Lee kid trying to act.  All the fake bullshit is unnecessary; there's so much to mine from.

• Love 12

Audrina teared up about JB.  🙄

And then Stephanie tried to confront her, probably a producer thing.

Frankie seems to be the most successful and have the biggest house.

Oh well, looks like another shouting match between Brody and Spencer in the future.

Yawn ...

• Love 1

Why did they not get this big blow-up between Brody and Stephanie on camera? 

I can't stand Brody, but I did think it was shitty how Stephanie tried to push everyone off discussing the fires in Vegas. 

I also didn't like how she basically confronted Audrina - "Look, Justin is here with another woman so there's NO way we could have been hooking up. None." Sure, Jan. 

• Love 5

Other thing is, what was that scene in her kitchen where she's cooking banana bread and he comes in asking for tea?

He's suppose to live far away from her.

That looked like a morning-after scene or edited to make it appear so.

• Love 1

3 hours ago, scrb said:

Other thing is, what was that scene in her kitchen where she's cooking banana bread and he comes in asking for tea?

The "smart" banana bread that was going to bond her with Heidi? Even though Heidi makes banana muffins for Thanksgiving bc that's her "thing"?

I have no idea how and why I can actively dislike someone so dull.

All I can think of watching this mess is what a damn genius Lauren Conrad is. She used it to build recognition, get some licensing deals and make bank with relatively little damage to her adult personal life. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, chick binewski said:

The "smart" banana bread that was going to bond her with Heidi? Even though Heidi makes banana muffins for Thanksgiving bc that's her "thing"?

I have no idea how and why I can actively dislike someone so dull.

All I can think of watching this mess is what a damn genius Lauren Conrad is. She used it to build recognition, get some licensing deals and make bank with relatively little damage to her adult personal life. 

She honestly is. I think she had good parents who helped guide her, too. I listen to her podcast, and IDGAF if she's boring, I love her. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 8/6/2019 at 6:24 PM, FreetheGirlses said:

So true! She's not a vapid, souless, attention whore like everyone else on this show. Who gives a phuck is Stephanie "duck lips" Pratt has slept with Justin Booby.? He's gross. He always looks like he just dipped his hair in the grease fryer at a KFC.

Jason Wahler surprisingly, seems to have turned his f'd up life around and found happiness. I guess it helps if your grandparents are multi millionaires who gave you a trust fund. But nonetheless, he did change for the better.

I can't even get thru 10 minutes of this show.It's a huge disappointment. It's all about JB and Audrina..and childish b.s. that might have made sense when these people were in their early 20's. But they're in their 30's. They are acting like douchebags. Anything for a buck and to stay relevant in the world of "has been, old reality stars". Pull the plug MTV. Before you embarrass yourself too.

• Love 3

That was some scene as Spencer and Heidi got ready for their little anniversary cruise.

Heidi was sitting in front of her mirror but also looking at herself in her phone and preening?  Or posing or what?

The strategy seems to be to build up these little feuds over nothing but make the cast appear with each other at events.

Whatever, nothing we haven’t seen before done better by other shows.

Brandon interrogating Justin Bobby and his date about whether they’ve had sex.  The fuck does he think he is, Howard Stern?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

All I have to say is that Spencer's Cosmo recap/interviews of this show make me laugh and laugh. He's my favorite, I'm sorry.

I'm finding him the most entertaining, too. Can't completely forget what a manipulative ham he was originally, but this new version is a lot more self-aware and very funny (crystal business aside), and he and Heidi have overcome a lot and seem to have come out better for it.  (Heidi's pop star career aside, lol.)

• Love 4
On 8/14/2019 at 2:38 PM, scrb said:

He uses the smarmy voice though, the tone.

So it doesn’t seem like he’s being truthful.

I get what you're saying! I think that might just be him at this point, lol. 

On 7/27/2019 at 10:12 PM, zenme said:

What about Justin Bobby? Frankie? For that matter, Audrina. What’s Corey Bohan’s net worth? Well,  after her divorce she moved in with her parents. I just can’t imagine that their Hills income from years ago would’ve afforded them that much of means to provide for them 10 years later.

I can't speak about JB or Frankie, but I believe Audrina lived in the house she bought with her Hills money for a number of years. And I'm pretty sure Corey lived there with her and that she had to pay him $35,000 to move out. So I'm guessing she had more money than him. She also did a weekly late-night show on NBC for a couple of years after The Hills. I don't remember the name, but she traveled around to different places, restaurants, and such. First Look, maybe? 

I also have her one season reality show on itunes. Corey was a mess and very controlling for years. His behavior was yikes. I'm pretty sure their custody arrangement has some stipulation that he can't take their daughter out of the country. But from her insta, it seems like she has her daughter most of the time. And that she spends a lot of time with her family and her daughter sees her cousins often.

WHY DO I KNOW ALL THIS?!

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

Justin Bobby, Audrina and Stephanie are the least interesting people on this show, because they are not willing (or able) to be candid about their lives.  They are still doing the same phony drama they were doing 10 years ago.  It's too bad they are the focus of the show.

I think this show could actually be really interesting if they focused on coming out the other side of the fame/Hollywood machine in a candid way.

Brandon has some of that Hollywood d-bag to him, but he's also insightful and level-headed.  His conversations with Brody about their fathers and how that impacts their relationships with women and friends make me reconsider Brody, who does seem to realize he really doesn't know how to have relationships or be vulnerable.

I was moved by Jason talking about his sobriety, how he and his wife are actively dealing with it, despite being surrounded by drinking much of the time.

Mischa is very open about trying to get her feet back under her and what a struggle her career has been.

Even Heidi and Spencer are open about their past and where they are now.  Heidi's anxiety is uncomfortable to watch, though.

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, ninjago said:

Justin Bobby, Audrina and Stephanie are the least interesting people on this show, because they are not willing (or able) to be candid about their lives.  They are still doing the same phony drama they were doing 10 years ago.  It's too bad they are the focus of the show.

I think this show could actually be really interesting if they focused on coming out the other side of the fame/Hollywood machine in a candid way.

Brandon has some of that Hollywood d-bag to him, but he's also insightful and level-headed.  His conversations with Brody about their fathers and how that impacts their relationships with women and friends make me reconsider Brody, who does seem to realize he really doesn't know how to have relationships or be vulnerable.

I was moved by Jason talking about his sobriety, how he and his wife are actively dealing with it, despite being surrounded by drinking much of the time.

Mischa is very open about trying to get her feet back under her and what a struggle her career has been.

Even Heidi and Spencer are open about their past and where they are now.  Heidi's anxiety is uncomfortable to watch, though.

Fixed that for you 😜 

I think Audrina has been fairly candid about her divorce and life since the show ended, but up until now, she is continually looped into the same drama over and over again. Like tonight's blow up---yes, Steph you were an absolute tool about what Brody was dealing with and Audrina didn't hype him up, she was honest. Own your shit or get off the pot. I think I'd like Audrina's screen time 100% more if Justin Bobby and Stephanie disappeared from the show.

And Whitney---she's there and she's not. She could disappear and I wouldn't notice. 

• Love 3

I had a definite “why am I bothering to watch this boring bile” moment last night. This shit is so terrible but I’m literally hate-watching it at this point. I cannot fathom why these people are still making good money on TV screens to remain so bland and pathetic. Audrina “Ceiling Eyes” Partridge was the Midge to LC’s Barbi, for chrissakes; do we really still need to see how dumb her commentary is and how horrible her man-picker remains??

All these fake parties, drinking nights out, randomly awkward lunches with people who are only contractually obligated to hang out with each other and fake actual friendships? It’s like watching a Real Housewives episode only with Z-list washed-up Hollywood 30-something’s versus desperate golddiggers and social-climbing divorcées. 

I’ll give it to Spencer though: he was born for reality television. At least he tries and somewhat “gets it” that his usual character needs to be ramped up onscreen. Go figure that Tommy Lee’s kid is actually among the best human of this bunch. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

I think Audrina has been fairly candid about her divorce and life since the show ended, but up until now, she is continually looped into the same drama over and over again. Like tonight's blow up---yes, Steph you were an absolute tool about what Brody was dealing with and Audrina didn't hype him up, she was honest. Own your shit or get off the pot. I think I'd like Audrina's screen time 100% more if Justin Bobby and Stephanie disappeared from the show.

Stephanie is just the worst. It's like she always has to have an adversary. Since she's on good terms with Speidi; she has to keep this shit with Audrina going. It's past the point of beating a dead horse now. They've tried to hash it out a few times, but it's never amounted to much. Because Stephanie is not capable of hearing other people or being introspective. So why can't they just show up and be cordial? She has to start drama EVERY SINGLE TIME. 

And I agree that Stephanie was an ass about the fire topic. When she suggested they stop talking about it in Vegas, the entire table pulled a face at her insensitivity. 

• Love 3

Ashley is growing on me. She seems pretty real and not afraid to be vulnerable. Stephanie on the other hand can GTFOH

3 hours ago, ghoulina said:

And I agree that Stephanie was an ass about the fire topic. When she suggested they stop talking about it in Vegas, the entire table pulled a face at her insensitivity. 

But Stephanie grew up in Malibu!! 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I agree she was an ass about it, but there was no reason for Audrina to bring it up to Brody other than to make Stephanie look bad. Which, I don't know, Audrina and Stephanie aren't friends, so Audrina doesn't owe Stephanie any loyalty-she can say whatever she wants about Stephanie, but she shouldn't pretend she was not trying to talk shit.

Of course, the real asshole in this particular situation is Brody, who totally freaked out over it.  I think Audrina was just doing some run-of-the-mill shit-talking, not intending to have Brody go insane over it at Stephanie.  That's on Brody.

Heidi's voice can’t even be saved with auto tune. What a joke. Zero singing talent. Like painful af. And I flove JBdouche saying how he digs her lyrics. I cannot wait until he ages out of his attitude and realizes how little he had going for him outside of his youth and “coolness”. Now THAT would be a reality show I’d watch. These losers in 10 years. When life really catches up...

• Love 4

I dozed off about half way through and the last thing I remember was Heidi "singing."

Don't know if I will finish it.

They have to have some kind of feud to have teams so now that Justin Bobby is claiming not to be romantically interested in either Adrian or Stephanie, they still have to have them fighting about some other contrived BS.

It was interesting that Stephanie talked about her crystal meth addiction, so she sympathized better with Ashley about Jason falling off the wagon.

But that stuff won't keep the viewers tuning in so it has to be phony things like the feud, the renewal of the wedding vows, the supposed drama on Brody becoming a father, etc.

Stephanie: "F*ck Brody! F*ck Audrina! I don't have time for them in my life!"

Bitch... You've got nothing *but* time in your life... You literally have all of the time in the world for both of them, hence the choice you made to have a job revolving around the both of them.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
On 8/18/2019 at 12:30 PM, TrixieTrue said:

I can't speak about JB or Frankie, but I believe Audrina lived in the house she bought with her Hills money for a number of years. And I'm pretty sure Corey lived there with her and that she had to pay him $35,000 to move out. So I'm guessing she had more money than him. She also did a weekly late-night show on NBC for a couple of years after The Hills. I don't remember the name, but she traveled around to different places, restaurants, and such. First Look, maybe? 

I loved her house that The Bling Ring got in to. First Look! I remembering surprised how good and UnAudrina-like she was as a host. It was a shock. She speaks entire sentences? Whoa! 

I liked her a lot as a host. I'm surprised she didn't get more hosting gigs. Ashley Roberts is the best host First Look has ever had. Can't stand Johnny Bananas hosting it now. Maybe they'll get Audrina back. 

• Love 2

Does anyone, anywhere on planet earth care who JB is BJ'n or sleeping with or where his loser a$$ is perfrorming his talentless music and singing? Am I being too cruel? HaHaHa!!😁

I watch this show ocassionally, to laugh at these middle age losers trying desperately to make a comeback. They are all looking like fools, court jesters, clowns. But if they make me laugh, I'll watch. For now. But it's already getting BORING.

• Love 2

Whitney has one of the most annoying voices of all time and Stephanie has one of the most annoying faces of all time . And isn’t she like 31,32? Why does her neck look like she’s double that ? 

• Love 3
On 8/14/2019 at 11:31 AM, TattleTeeny said:

All I have to say is that Spencer's Cosmo recap/interviews of this show make me laugh and laugh. He's my favorite, I'm sorry.

Is he recapping this show? I've read his Siesta Keys recaps and enjoyed them a lot. He can be very, very funny.

Okay. I checked it out and these Hills recaps are a bloody riot. I have watched just a few of the episodes, but I'm going to read all of Spencer, whom I don't actually like all that much.

"I think Audrina’s ex is such a nightmare that Justin Bobby not picking her up for a music festival is like living a fairy tale at this point. She just sees this magical Willy Wonka dude with whom she has history, and thinks, Justin Bobby is so funny with his hats and his outfits and his stories of Indonesia. And we use the same eyeliner. This could really work!"

LOL!

Edited by politichick
to add something
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2

Right?! He's not only unexpectedly chill (and dare I say it, even relatively mature) about "drama," but he also seems to delight in people's nonsense without really taking a big part in the nonsense, he appears to be fully aware that his own nonsense is exactly that, and he's seemingly honest and forthcoming about his need for and enjoyment of half-ass, dubious fame. And maybe I am nuts, but he and Heidi seem to have a happy enough marriage. Also, hummingbirds!

@politichick, He also has a podcast. The episodes are long and sometimes tedious (I often have no idea what in the hell he talking about), but he's his weird style of funny there too. 

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 1
On 8/27/2019 at 11:47 AM, TattleTeeny said:

Right?! He's not only unexpectedly chill (and dare I say it, even relatively mature) about "drama," but he also seems to delight in people's nonsense without really taking a big part in the nonsense, he appears to be fully aware that his own nonsense is exactly that, and he's seemingly honest and forthcoming about his need for and enjoyment of half-ass, dubious fame. And maybe I am nuts, but he and Heidi seem to have a happy enough marriage. Also, hummingbirds!

@politichick, He also has a podcast. The episodes are long and sometimes tedious (I often have no idea what in the hell he talking about), but he's his weird style of funny there too. 

Out of curiosity, I checked it out.

This made me laugh out loud:

There wasn’t enough cigar smoke, but I was definitely like, I don’t want a problem with these two. They’d flee to Mexico real quick. Stephanie called Justin Bobby “the best criminal,” and that’s a huge compliment coming from an actual criminal.

This however, made me scream at my desk:

screen-shot-2019-08-13-at-3-21-01-pm-1565724092.png

Is that actually her? I haven't watched since the first episode but I do not remember her looking that scary.

ETA: OMG, guys, you've got to read Spencer's Thanksgiving recap. I just choked on my baby carrots twice.

My two favorites:

The one good thing for Mischa is that now that she’s a reality star, she’s in front of more cameras than she ever would have been just auditioning. Start some more drama. Get your own show. I’m definitely waiting for her to light up season 2 because she’s already overshadowing any scripted work that she’s done.

I hope she keeps going for it. As a fan, I love watching her try to do accents.

We don’t always do Thanksgiving together with my parents, so this was going to be kind of special. Our excitement at seeing them was a very real moment. But my mom is obviously the OG. She has some serious reality star DNA, because she hit us with a zinger that none of us could see coming on this blessed day.

They pulled out 10 minutes before Stephanie Pratt showed up. The only logic for us to have Stephanie there in the first place was that my mom and dad would be there to keep the peace and taste-test the food for poison...

...Please put in the recap that I’m being as nice as possible here. My mom says we’re fueling Stephanie’s behavior with what we say and we don’t need to put any more gasoline on that fire.

Stephanie’s already done all these things on camera, but my mom wants to act like that never happened, which is not the case because we’re journalists, and I’m sorry, Mom, but we don’t do fake news over at Cosmopolitan.com...

...Let me tell you one thing though: It’s hilarious that Stephanie thinks we would eat something she makes. Does she think that we’re dumb? We sent that bread off to be tested for anthrax. No, no, no. We’re not that stupid. Not even Justin Bobby asked for a bite and he’s not the smartest guy I’ve ever met.

Edited by Tatum
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I've never seen Audrina excited and I never knew she had any talent with clothes/fashion. 

Where do I go to read Spencer's recaps?

He's always come off as a dickhead but I admit I have always been a fan of his sarcastic wit.

Edited by chenoa333

I've finally seen the first two episodes and have some thoughts. 

Regarding Stephanie and Spencer, I wish Stephanie could control her emotions when talking to her brother and Heidi. I've listened to a few episodes of her podcast and she's said that she wasn't upset about the pregnancy news being released on her birthday, but rather that they didn't call or text her first. She found out with the rest of the world. But Spencer keeps pushing that narrative, which makes me wonder if they did release it on her birthday on purpose. Probably thinking too much about it, I know.

She also completely absolves her brother of any blame and says Heidi's at fault for his change in behavior. I think she's re-writing her personal history a bit with Spencer and needs to be more honest with herself. I think he's probably always been a dick. Heidi brings it out even more. 

Speaking of Heidi...her face when she was crying (I don't remember which episode, but she was crying about leaving her son and how hard it was) was weird. I think the surgeries, which have settled at this point, have made it hard for her face to move naturally and she looks bizarre when she cries. It's not that different from the crying face she did back on the original Hills, when she showed her family how her plastic surgery looked. 

• Love 1

Ashley was really working hard to secure part of that Anderson-Lee trust fund, huh?  When she dropped that, "if you don't want to do this, then I don't want to either" line, she totally wasn't expecting Brandon to hit her with the, "well maybe that's for the best."  Her whole face cracked when she realized she had overplayed her hand.  Also girl, sick burn when you told him he was a great actor and should win a grammy!  LMAO!  I never trusted her.  She seemed way too eager.

I'm surprised by how much I really like Brandon.  He has a good head on his shoulders.  I'm glad he's been able to reconnect with his dad and I love his relationship with his mom.  

Edited by luckyroll3
  • Love 7

Was Monday the season finale?  It was two hours and deliciously ended with Brody saying his marriage was great.  Earlier, Stephanie/Spencer hugged it out and commented how fantastic it was that they reconciled.  All that was missing was the text updates at the end (like they do on the Housewives shows) detailing the present status.  

Did they renew or is this it?

15 hours ago, snarts said:

Was Monday the season finale?  It was two hours and deliciously ended with Brody saying his marriage was great.  Earlier, Stephanie/Spencer hugged it out and commented how fantastic it was that they reconciled.  All that was missing was the text updates at the end (like they do on the Housewives shows) detailing the present status.  

Did they renew or is this it?

There's nothing scheduled, not even repeat airings of the finale. Which is disappointing bc who doesn't want to watch Brody swan around like Regina George going on about what a loser Ashley is for stating something he already talked about on a public podcast?

ETA what we CAN do without is Whitney applying her whitening strips. Between production, the brand, Whitney and me (for watching this dreck) I'm not sure who to be most embarrassed for.

Edited by chick binewski
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

Spencer frequently mentions a season two during his recaps, but I can't tell if he actually knows there will be a second season, he just assumes there will be a second season, or if he's just joking about it in the first place.

Some finale thoughts...

When Justin Bobby said something like "Check out this view" to Stephanie, she actually responded "I just came from my beach house." I laughed. 

I feel like one reason Heidi and Spencer have been together so long is that they have an 'us against the world' mentality. They will always take each other's side against other people, defend one another to others, and argue as a unit. I think this mentality started way back at the beginning of their relationship, and it actually made them stronger when they were hated by so many. They stuck together when they didn't have money (although their form of no money, living in Spencer's parent's beach house is not like most peoples) and they do seem to have grown and matured. But I also feel like some of it's an act, especially with Heidi. She talks a lot about religion but still seems gossipy and unforgiving in a way. 

Mischa came off really well. No drama, but like she has a good head on her shoulders. I hope she gets some good acting roles. I found her to be likable. I think she's really pretty and her hair is great. I don't love how she dresses herself. I also really liked how she handled Perez Hilton. His apology was not sincere and he wanted a pass because now he has kids. Seriously? 

Brandon is also likable. He's someone who was born on third but thinks he hit a triple. But nice, so you don't dislike him. 

Kaitlynn looks so young. To me, she looks early 20s. (Maybe I'm just old?)

Stephanie looks so much better in her THs than in the actual scenes. More like herself. I liked her in the last two episodes.  

Heidi's vow renewal dress shows that her style hasn't really changed. Or improved. Nice to see her mom and I think I caught a glimpse of her sister dancing with Gunnar. 

Ashley's apology to Kaitlynn was rude and defensive. And not an apology. "I apologize for saying my opinion." Ummm, not an apology. And Kaitlynn's comment about Ashley being self-righteous was dead on. 

What was the deal with Brody's face after saying "I have nothing to complain about. Life is great." Was that an editing decision or really his facial expression? 

• Love 1

Is this now the 50th time that Heidi has said that it’s her first time leaving Gunner ? Why can’t she just admit that she has help and likes to go out with adults sometimes ? No one buys that you’re with your son 24 hours a day especially because we see that you’re not . 

• Love 1

Ok...paraphrasing a bit - so bear with me. 

Scene: Tommy Lee Jr. breaking up (beautifully) with an actress (Random pretty girl - ‘RPG’ hired to play his girlfriend)

Tommy Lee Jr: “Its over...”

RPG: “What?!? I LOVED YOU!”

TLJ: “I love you too. But you don’t get it.”

RPG: “You’re such a great Actor you should have a Grammy

My internal monologue: “Wow RPG...you’re such a D list dope that you couldn’t even get the awards shit right?”

*sigh*

My internal monologue: “I hate that I watch this shit.”

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
On 9/12/2019 at 3:45 PM, TrixieTrue said:

Some finale thoughts...

When Justin Bobby said something like "Check out this view" to Stephanie, she actually responded "I just came from my beach house." I laughed. 

I feel like one reason Heidi and Spencer have been together so long is that they have an 'us against the world' mentality. They will always take each other's side against other people, defend one another to others, and argue as a unit. I think this mentality started way back at the beginning of their relationship, and it actually made them stronger when they were hated by so many. They stuck together when they didn't have money (although their form of no money, living in Spencer's parent's beach house is not like most peoples) and they do seem to have grown and matured. But I also feel like some of it's an act, especially with Heidi. She talks a lot about religion but still seems gossipy and unforgiving in a way. 

Ashley's apology to Kaitlynn was rude and defensive. And not an apology. "I apologize for saying my opinion." Ummm, not an apology. And Kaitlynn's comment about Ashley being self-righteous was dead on. 

I do think Heidi and Spencer have that united front thing going; heaven help me but Spencer actually appears a bit sincere on this reboot. Whereas Heidi seems next level smug, ready to break out into a Told Ya So dance over the fact she & Spencer are still married.

Spencer mentioned Kaitlyn & Ashley in the recap; he claims the backstory is Kaitlyn wanted this to be the Jenner show - she did not want to film with the rest of the cast and specifically cited Ashley and Jason's trashiness as a reason. Which left me flummoxed bc if you're going to call out trashy cast members I don't get why Ashley & Jason would be your first choice.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Most of this season has appeared fake.  For instance this vow renewal thing appears to be done for the show.

Or how quickly Stephanie reconciled with Heidi and Spencer.

Then in the last two episodes, they drop this bombshell about Brody and Kaitlin’s open relationship.  Umm when she was prodding him about having a baby earlier, it might have been nice to know about this little wrinkle.

You knew it was true because neither denied it and mostly complained it was nobody else’s business.  That’s true but what do you expect, people are going to gossip.

At least Ashley didn’t make shit up, unlike Spencer who made up vicious things about LC in order to become famous.  Yet they all came to celebrate Speidi, talk about trashy people.

Kaitlin says she is always in control, lets Brody have threesomes.  Brody says she gives him a lot of freedom.  Doesn’t sound like they’re describing the same situation.

Of course outside the show, their relationship didn’t last.  They never got around to making the marriage legal so that’s convenient for whoever had more money coming into their “marriage.”

There were some real genuine moments in the finale, which you couldn’t say about the rest of the season.  Very interesting that Brody and Kaitlin talk about the legalities of marriage. He probably didn’t want to legalize it after hearing about the legal hassles Audrina was going through.

There was also chemistry as Stephanie and others teased Justin about learning right then and there that he and what’s her name were bf and gf.  

Justin Bobby apologizing to Audrina also seemed real.

Whitney talking about her complicated feelings about her miscarriage was genuine.  Odd that Timmy has appeared on the show but when she does events and scenes with the other cast, she’s always solo.

If Brody and Kaitlin both return to talk about their breakup, we know they both need money.

Edited by scrb
  • Love 1
On 9/13/2019 at 9:27 PM, chick binewski said:

Spencer mentioned Kaitlyn & Ashley in the recap; he claims the backstory is Kaitlyn wanted this to be the Jenner show - she did not want to film with the rest of the cast and specifically cited Ashley and Jason's trashiness as a reason. Which left me flummoxed bc if you're going to call out trashy cast members I don't get why Ashley & Jason would be your first choice.

Kaitlyn definitely seems like a snob, and this cast is definitely trashy.  But she's married to Brody freaking Jenner, who is very trashy and who is one degree of separation away from the current gold standard of trashy behavior.  Isn't she also an "influencer"?  Which seems like an industry comprised mainly of trashy people.  

And of course since filming she’s gone on a world tour of trashy behavior herself.

So what is it about Jason and Ashley that makes them so bad?  They seem sort of suburban/uncool, but is that really that bad? Are they super religious or politically conservative?  That's the only thing I can think of that someone in Kaitlynn’s universe would actually find objectionable.

This series wasn't great, but I thought it was kind of interesting.  I ended up even liking-ish Justin Bobby.

Edited by ninjago
  • Love 3