Type keyword(s) to search

The Hills - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I wonder if the producers had Brody stay to "save" his house.

How he'd wait til the last minute and then if the fire arrive, he'd just jump on his motorcycle and escape dramatically.

Some of these CA wild fires killed people because they spread so quickly.  An unexpected shift in the wind and the fire would burst across an area like big crashing waves.

He wasn't going to put out such a fire with a fucking garden hose.  

So he just happened to have filmed the fire near his home with some dumb narration.  At least give him some good lines to say.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Tipsymcstagger said:

JB: re Audrina and Stephanie “I love correlating.” “I hate stupidity and negligence”. What a fricking moron...

9 hours ago, scrb said:

See that's the kind of nonsense utterances that JB made all the time in the original show.

Don't forget, "It's so.....youthful" cause he couldn't remember the word for juvenile.  I got lost in a fit of giggles when he said "I love correlating" though!  Lol!  What a douche.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
(edited)
18 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

Don't forget, "It's so.....youthful" cause he couldn't remember the word for juvenile.  I got lost in a fit of giggles when he said "I love correlating" though!  Lol!  What a douche.

Ha, yes that was so funny. I’m not sure what word he was going for- companionship?  

She seems like a nice person but every time she is onscreen my brain has to do a “who’s the gal that’s unattractive trying to be relevant” only to go “oh, it’s Jasons wife”.  

In 2019 is MTV wanting the viewer to wonder if Brody dies?  It almost felt like a cliffhanger. 

The Stephanie/Audrina Vegas conversation was edited in a manner I have no idea what really happened. It was like:

A: “I don’t KNOW Stephanie, did you!

(8 second pause)

S: “oh my gosh, ummm no”

12 second pause with people drinking out of little bottles with colorful liquid and a Mischa commentary. What the hell was that scene?

I’d like a job like Whitney has where she gets top billing but never has to show up to work. 

Edited by KnoxForPres
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, KnoxForPres said:

She seems like a nice person but every time she is onscreen my brain has to do a “who’s the gal that’s unattractive trying to be relevant” only to go “oh, it’s Jasons wife”.  

I’d like a job like Whitney has where she gets top billing but never has to show up to work. 

How did Jason lose $2 million gambling?  Did he earn that kind of money in the maybe dozen episodes of The Hills that he did?

Or maybe it was family money.

Yeah Whitney they have to struggle to find a story line.  But maybe it's best that she doesn't get roped into the Audrina-JB-Stephanie love triangle bullshit plot.

Talk about digging to the bottom of the barrel for something.

Whitney and Audrina could bond on their motherhood life but that wouldn't be MTV, unless they were like 15 years younger, fat and all tatted up -- not that I've ever watched Teen Mom, which they promote a lot.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

OMG! They're still making eps of Teen Mom?

Last night they played a recap of this season. Somewhat ironically, they summed everything up before the opening credits and the rest of the show was them repeating it in mind-numbing detail.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, Ubiquitous said:

OMG! They're still making eps of Teen Mom?

Last night they played a recap of this season. Somewhat ironically, they summed everything up before the opening credits and the rest of the show was them repeating it in mind-numbing detail.

Came here to question if we were, in fact, only halfway through the season. Ugh-ingly confirmed. 

I also feel the need to add I watched the first two seasons of Laguna Hills & then fell off. I’m only familiar with the current cast thanks to the celeb gossip round-up. Only they aren’t celebs (sorry, y’all!)...after watching these folks, my mind is absolutely blown. WTF, MTV?! This has got to be *the worst*...

1 minute ago, Nessa Darlin said:

Came here to question if we were, in fact, only halfway through the season. Ugh-ingly confirmed. 

I also feel the need to add I watched the first two seasons of Laguna Hills & then fell off. I’m only familiar with the current cast thanks to the celeb gossip round-up. Only they aren’t celebs (sorry, y’all!)...after watching these folks, my mind is absolutely blown. WTF, MTV?! This has got to be *the worst*...

BUT. I would also like to add, that I really enjoy Mischa & Brandon. Maybe it’s because they both truly know & have acknowledged the toxicity of the Hollywood scene? I dunno. Maybe I’m flying solo here 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Love 9
7 hours ago, zenme said:

Is Stephanie just earning money through being on reality shows? 

That’s what I wanna know!! WHAT does she do for money? Are she and Spencer from a monied family, or what?? And if she’s been living in London all this time, how’s she been able to afford such a lifestyle?!? London is one of the most expensive cities in the world to reside within, after all...

So it’s just weird to me how most of these folks are 30-something parents/spouses now, yet they’re shown just floating through this show without even discussing having careers or how they maintain their lifestyles...like we know Brody comes from money, Pamela Anderson’s kid has money and is acting now, Whitney has her fashion stuff and we know Spencer somehow does okay with his “PrattDaddy” crystals biz, and maybe Mischa still has dough built up from her random acting gigs, but what the Hell does everyone else on this show do?!

• Love 4
49 minutes ago, Sun-Bun said:

That’s what I wanna know!! WHAT does she do for money? Are she and Spencer from a monied family, or what?? And if she’s been living in London all this time, how’s she been able to afford such a lifestyle?!? London is one of the most expensive cities in the world to reside within, after all...

So it’s just weird to me how most of these folks are 30-something parents/spouses now, yet they’re shown just floating through this show without even discussing having careers or how they maintain their lifestyles...like we know Brody comes from money, Pamela Anderson’s kid has money and is acting now, Whitney has her fashion stuff and we know Spencer somehow does okay with his “PrattDaddy” crystals biz, and maybe Mischa still has dough built up from her random acting gigs, but what the Hell does everyone else on this show do?!

I know that the Pratts’ father is a dentist or orthodontist or something...In any case, he’s got money. I guess he could be at least partially funding Stephanie. 

What about Justin Bobby? Frankie? For that matter, Audrina. What’s Corey Bohan’s net worth? Well,  after her divorce she moved in with her parents. I just can’t imagine that their Hills income from years ago would’ve afforded them that much of means to provide for them 10 years later.

• Love 1
On 7/8/2019 at 6:41 AM, scrb said:

Well they’re kind of trying to feature Audrina, who alluded to her bad marriage and kind of withdrawing from socializing for awhile.

But I guess it’s different showrunners and production company than the original.

They don’t show clips of the original, like the JS reboot did last year.

Audrina is the one person on this show that is not even remotely interesting. Aside from watching her allow Justin Bobby Douchebag mistreat her, Audrina is BORING. 

• Love 1
21 hours ago, zenme said:

I know that the Pratts’ father is a dentist or orthodontist or something...In any case, he’s got money.

I just listened to a podcast (I think it was Wells from the Bachelor franchise-- it was on YouTube) with Stephanie, and she was doing a lot of tea spilling. Enough to where Wells was asking her if she really wanted to say everything publically-- he was trying to stop her. Anyway, she said: Heidi and Spencer were arrested when they lived in Costa Rica a number of years ago. The Pratt's father sent a private jet to go get them (he affords this on an ortho salary?) and moved them into their family beach house in Santa Barbara (she said it was a five million dollar beach house, or something outrageous), which is where they stayed for seven years. Stephanie was furious that they got to stay there rent free, and that Heidi remodeled her mother's master bedroom and added a walk-in closet, without consulting the Pratts (besides Spencer I guess.) Heidi apparently put this on Father Pratt's credit card. Stephanie was very pissed about this. What else...Oh, After all of the private jet, beach house, etc, Heidi would barely let Mother Pratt see baby Gunner, even though they were funding them for a time. Also: When they were doing a photo shoot for the new Hills promos, Heidi bought a bunch of champagne, poured some for everyone but Stephanie. Stephanie very offended by this and going on and on about it (although, for all we know, Heidi had her reasons-- was Steph trying to stay sober? etc? Who knows.) 

• Useful 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Interesting.

I have no doubt that beach house is easily worth $5 mil...I saw some houses in the SB area 10 years ago that weren't even 1,000 square feet and not beachfront and they were going for $900K.

I believe though, and maybe I just made this up, but I thougt I heard that the beach house has been in the Pratt family awhile- I don't know that Papa Pratt bought it himself.

He is either a dentist or oral surgeon, I think, and he evidently mainly works with famous people. Probably does veneers or something.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Aim123 said:

I just listened to a podcast (I think it was Wells from the Bachelor franchise-- it was on YouTube) with Stephanie, and she was doing a lot of tea spilling. Enough to where Wells was asking her if she really wanted to say everything publically-- he was trying to stop her. Anyway, she said: Heidi and Spencer were arrested when they lived in Costa Rica a number of years ago. The Pratt's father sent a private jet to go get them (he affords this on an ortho salary?) and moved them into their family beach house in Santa Barbara (she said it was a five million dollar beach house, or something outrageous), which is where they stayed for seven years. Stephanie was furious that they got to stay there rent free, and that Heidi remodeled her mother's master bedroom and added a walk-in closet, without consulting the Pratts (besides Spencer I guess.) Heidi apparently put this on Father Pratt's credit card. Stephanie was very pissed about this. What else...Oh, After all of the private jet, beach house, etc, Heidi would barely let Mother Pratt see baby Gunner, even though they were funding them for a time. Also: When they were doing a photo shoot for the new Hills promos, Heidi bought a bunch of champagne, poured some for everyone but Stephanie. Stephanie very offended by this and going on and on about it (although, for all we know, Heidi had her reasons-- was Steph trying to stay sober? etc? Who knows.) 

Thanks for that interesting post. None of it surprises me. It's like going on Ancestry.com and finding out all of your relatives are douchebags. And so are you.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, snarts said:

Audrina has a swimwear line, Prey.  Frankie's in club promotion, his company was acquired by SBE. Stephanie's appeared on a number of UK shows (Big Brother, various versions of Made in Chelsea), she also released a memoir.  Justin Bobby owns hair salons (I shit you not) and is a musician.

Dang if they're so loaded why do they do this show?

Rich kids want fame that family money couldn't buy?

Audrina tried to have a TV career but it didn't go anywhere.

JB should mention his hair salon business on the show.  Or he'll get enough social media followers to feature it on his IG or something.

• Love 1
(edited)

😁😁 I can't stop laughing at Stephanie Pratt's face! She looks like somebody else. Anybody else. But not Stephanie Pratt! LOL!

And Justin Bobby in his TH saying how great Stephanie looks.  He just wants to bang her! Maybe he already has.

Edited by chenoa333
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 7/27/2019 at 3:14 PM, Sun-Bun said:

I'm curious about this too! Sponsorsed posts maybe? London is insanely expensive! 

Whitney Eve clothing hasn't been around for a few years now which is a shame because I liked it. I've noticed her entire life almost is sponsored or a collaboration on her blog. I'd like to know what Mischa is living on because I thought she was bankrupt. Are the Pratt crystals actually selling? 

Edited by LemonSoda
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, LemonSoda said:

Are the Pratt crystals actually selling? 

If these are selling...Ill bet it's for snark. People buying them as jokes for their fellow Hills hate-watchers.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 7/15/2019 at 2:28 PM, DrivingSideways said:

I thought Heidi looked a lot better than the last time I saw her on the Hills in 2011.  Her face has settled, and it made me sad to see her regret all of the work she had done.  I was always kind of confused as to what was real with Speidi.  I didn't think Heidi's family was that great of actors, and I truly believed the struggle between them and the evil Spencer.  It was very culty.  I read an article a few years later where they were living in Santa Barbara and regretted the way they behaved, which Spencer called an act.  I don't know, man... it was disturbing to watch him isolate Heidi.  

I'm making my way through the original episodes right now and he's freaking AWFUL. I'm sure he was hated by most when I watched the live but holy moly... as an adult now... I can't believe anyone allowed him to be on the show or someone just didn't completely kick his ass. I don't think he's said one positive thing in about 20 episodes. 

8 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

😁😁 I can't stop laughing at Stephanie Pratt's face! She looks like somebody else. Anybody else. But not Stephanie Pratt! LOL!

And Justin Bobby in his TH saying how great Stephanie looks.  He just wants to bang her! Maybe he already has.

Well... I'm watching the originals now.. and I have to say that Stephanie looked a bit unfortunate back then.  As I'm watching these I'm so impressed by how everyone's makeup and hair is super on point - like if you go back and watch early season of the housewives shows... their makeup is a hot mess - but these girls on the hills... i'm starting to think they had glam squads each filming day because they look flawless. But Stephanie appears to be the lone wolf who doesn't get invited to glam squad appointments.  In my opinion she's looking great now.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Dmarie019 said:

But Stephanie appears to be the lone wolf who doesn't get invited to glam squad appointments.  In my opinion she's looking great now.

I can see your point. Stephanie by no means, looks ugly. However, she looks like she's had way too much done to her face and she's ONLY in her 30's.  She's headed for Jocelyn Wildenstein (Google her) territory if she keeps getting so much "work" done at a young age. 

I can tell Audrina has had "work" done on her face. She's a pretty woman but her neck is already looking older than her face. But it's their life, their choice. And the Hills Reboot isn't going to last long so spend/save your money wisely ladies.

• Love 2

And people's faces change A LOT from when they're early 20's to 30's.  Especially if you can manage to keep your weight down.  The baby fat goes away and faces slim down. Your facial shape changes. So that combined with some plastic surgery can make you look like an entirely different person.

• Love 3

I know Audrina probably doesn’t want her kid on the show , but is she ever with her ? Why doesn’t she ever talk about her ? Why is this story with Justin still a thing ? They hardly dated on the original show and I’m not buying that she’s been obsessing over him for years and still is . 

Heidi on the other hand doesn’t stop mentioning her son which normally would be endearing , but her saying she never leaves him and that she feels horrible spending time without him is so .... fake . She seems like she’s away from him plenty and is just fine with it 

I don't know what Stephanie's on about, Joey's got a nice face. 

I've never sympathized with Spencer more than I have since hearing more words out of his sister.

• Love 3

I think Stephanie is a little shit-stirrer, but I don't think she looks bad. Heidi looks awful. I think whatever Stephanie had done settled nicely and she looks prettier than before. 

Heidi is a crack head with that rocking routine. I laughed so hard when Whitney called it, "rocking violently". 

Justin Bobby is such a douche, but I actually sympathized with him when he was listening to Heidi prattle on about her Jesus music. 

• Love 2

But guys...Heidi like went viral and was #4 in Tokyo! 

I don't think production is the reason why Brody stayed. This isn't the first, and won't be the last, first he's dealt with. Brody set up a successful fundraiser for those affected a few months later. I did find it interesting that Brody has had no problems throwing shade at his dad, but didn't mention that CJ lost her entire house in the fire. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

I know Audrina probably doesn’t want her kid on the show , but is she ever with her ? Why doesn’t she ever talk about her ? Why is this story with Justin still a thing ? They hardly dated on the original show and I’m not buying that she’s been obsessing over him for years and still is . 

Custody battle. Her ex won't allow the daughter to be filmed. https://people.com/tv/audrina-patridge-ex-corey-bohan-requesting-court-order-prevent-daughter-kirra-appearing-the-hills/

Stephanie definitely looks different but she's still just as vacuous. 

Color me surprised that I llike Mischa.  Her audition was the most interesting thing that's happened all season.  

• Love 2

Out of the blue Whitney says she needs to whiten her teeth.

Huh?

Then she actually applies some strips.  I didn’t notice it at the time as product placement, didn’t see the brand.  

Later she’s touting Crest strips.

OK you gonna be that blatant?  Saw Sonic cups, was there an actual Sonic commercial during the show?

But the story lines aren’t better than the product placement.  Enough with the Audrina and Justin Bobby shit.   He denied it, that should be it.

He’s saying she’s chasing him, she calls him a dick.

But you know it’s not going to end.

JS is so much better.  At least that cast actually has some chemistry, not just playing some role foisted by the producers.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, snarts said:

Color me surprised that I llike Mischa.  Her audition was the most interesting thing that's happened all season.  

I was legit impressed by her audition and how she was able to take the comments from the casting director and immediately adjust her character.  So often, we see "auditions" from these wannabe actors who don't understand that acting doesn't equal playing themselves, that I can kinda shocked , but then impressed , at how easily she took the critique and fixed it.  All that being said, her outfit was awful.  She really needs to dress for her new body type.

Where in the hell has Whitney been hiding all season?  Also, holy product placement Crest White strips!

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
On 7/23/2019 at 12:47 AM, Loves2Dance said:

This show continues to be really boring without a believable plot. I refuse to believe any adult women would fight over Justin Bobby. He doesn't have money, seems super boring and the story line is older than dry toast. 

The fire stuff was crazy too see again since it's been so long. I don't remember if Brody lost his house, but I know his dad's house was toast. 

Brody's mom also got way too much work done; that was last week, but I forgot to comment on it. I may try and grab her book on my kindle. Watching Spencer's mom trash Brody was interesting---how does one 'teach him how to throw around a ball,' if you've been bff4eva brother's since you were 15? Um...okay. I do believe they were close though, at some point, and something happened along the way beyond Spencer's fall from fame. I don't know if the show will ever air that truth, but there feels like more there. 

Stephanie is annoying as ever, Mischa doesn't belong and Audrina needs to run. 

Actually Brody's dad's house was not touched by the fires. At first it was reported it was completely torched but the house escaped unscathed. I agree with you about Stephanie, Mischa and Audrina. This whole show seems so forced (more so than usual scripted "reality shows). 

Edited by Jessied84
Corrected reference to Brody's dad
5 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

I had no idea Audrina had a kid. The kid is really cute. But who the F is Corey Bohan (the kids father, I know.) But is he a sports/athlete guy? A musician? 

He actually is/was a BMX rider but he's a total whack job. I watched Audrina's short lived reality show on VH-1 several years ago when they were still dating and he was scary controlling and jealous way back then. There was one particular scene when she's out with her own brother and Corey went all crazy on her - psycho dialing her and threatening stuff. I was not surprised when she filed for divorce and got a restraining order on him. But TBH Audrina hasn't ever had a good "picker" when it comes to men (see JB, Ryan Cabrera, et.al) 😂

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Jessied84 said:

He actually is/was a BMX rider but he's a total whack job. I watched Audrina's short lived reality show on VH-1 several years ago when they were still dating and he was scary controlling and jealous way back then. There was one particular scene when she's out with her own brother and Corey went all crazy on her - psycho dialing her and threatening stuff. I was not surprised when she filed for divorce and got a restraining order on him. But TBH Audrina hasn't ever had a good "picker" when it comes to men (see JB, Ryan Cabrera, et.al) 😂

What was wrong with Ryan Cabrere...I very little of him? 

8 hours ago, Jessied84 said:

Actually Brody's dad's house was not touched by the fires. At first it was reported it was completely torched but the house escaped unscathed. I agree with you about Stephanie, Mischa and Audrina. This whole show seems so forced (more so than usual scripted "reality shows). 

Thank you! 

4 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

What was wrong with Ryan Cabrere...I very little of him? 

Thank you! 

Just watching him when they were dating during The Hills (the original one) he seemed a little douchey although I do like him as a singer. He didn't seem like a good fit for Audrina back then but probably because she was still so hung up on Justin. 

And you're welcome! Actually had to Google that about Brody's dad's house. Funny on the previews from last week they made it look like Brody's house was torched when it was just their storage shed. They got really lucky with those horrendous fires. 

• Love 2
58 minutes ago, Drogo said:

giphy.gif

I am about to un-like my like, just so I can like it again!

I remember him on the Ashlee Simpson show. He didn't seem too bad back then.

• LOL 4
(edited)
28 minutes ago, Drogo said:

His hair is so big because it's full of secrets. 

Well he was attached to the Simpson's for a while...if the strands of hair could talk, he's have a lot more money. 

He also hasn't aged...well...

347153_v9_ba.jpg

Edited by Loves2Dance
  • Love 3

Justin Bobby is a db. He asked Audrina out after her divorce (or was that for show?) and made it seem like he wanted to rekindle the friendship and now is mad when she texts him about what's happening in her life?

Holy crap. That said Audrina should stop fighting with Stephanie.

19 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

Well he was attached to the Simpson's for a while...if the strands of hair could talk, he's have a lot more money. 

and remember when he went on a bowling date with Tess from Pretty Wild?

can we say "reality show basic bitch fuckboi"???

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, Miss Slay said:

Justin Bobby is a db. He asked Audrina out after her divorce (or was that for show?) and made it seem like he wanted to rekindle the friendship and now is mad when she texts him about what's happening in her life?

Holy crap. That said Audrina should stop fighting with Stephanie.

Justin is VERY gamey. He's a total gaslighter. I'm onto him. 

But it's very frustrating watching Audrina engage. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
On 7/30/2019 at 9:07 AM, Dmarie019 said:

And people's faces change A LOT from when they're early 20's to 30's.  Especially if you can manage to keep your weight down.  The baby fat goes away and faces slim down. Your facial shape changes. So that combined with some plastic surgery can make you look like an entirely different person.

This is very noticeable on Whitney. She lost her cheeks and her face really thinned out. 

22 hours ago, teapot said:

remember when he went on a bowling date with Tess from Pretty Wild?

Wasn't that the candid reality on E featuring two vapid drug-addled girls who robbed Hollywood celebuterds and were nick-named the "bling gang"? I got the impression the show was an attempt to rehab their image but they just dug their graves deeper, no thanks in part to their fame whore mother who encouraged them.

ETA:

I think there was an ep showing their trial and the judge lost patience with their antics in court, like having tantrums on the floor.

Edited by Ubiquitous
33 minutes ago, Ubiquitous said:

Wasn't that the candid reality on E featuring two vapid drug-addled girls who robbed Hollywood celebuterds and were nick-named the "bling gang"? I got the impression the show was an attempt to rehab their image but they just dug their graves deeper, no thanks in part to their fame whore mother who encouraged them.

ETA:

I think there was an ep showing their trial and the judge lost patience with their antics in court, like having tantrums on the floor.

When I saw that gorgeous train wreck, I had two simultaneous thoughts

a) THIS SHOW SENDS OUT THE WORST MESSAGE IN THE WORLD AND THE YOUTH OF AMERICA IS DOOMED

and

b) I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL IT COMES OUT ON DVD SO I CAN WATCH IT FOREVER

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, teapot said:

When I saw that gorgeous train wreck, I had two simultaneous thoughts

a) THIS SHOW SENDS OUT THE WORST MESSAGE IN THE WORLD AND THE YOUTH OF AMERICA IS DOOMED

and

b) I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL IT COMES OUT ON DVD SO I CAN WATCH IT FOREVER

Me too! Me too! Oh I wanted another season so bad! This is Alexis Neiers calling! 

• Love 2

Maybe being on TV again brought a new wave of groupies and Brody can’t resist.

I don’t know how grounded she is.  After all she thought she was marrying some D-list (p-list?) celebrity.

Lets see if she starts seeing another celebrity.

Now if they delve more into their marital issues, the show might be more worthwhile but they’ve presumably finished filming months ago.

So if they do another season, she may not even be on.

• Love 1