Type keyword(s) to search

The Hills - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Yeah Team Lauren for me.

Fuck everyone else.

No reviews out there it seems.  MTV not confident to send it out?

Anyways, going to tune in.  There is also an After Show!

Of course the cast is going to trash talk Lauren, the start of the show. 

Back then, the worst thing people could call each other in public was Lauren saying Spencer was "sucky."

Seems so quaint now, compared to what's tossed around on social media these days.

But that beef between Lauren and Speidi being filmed and the huge ratings the show got became a prototype for all those Bravo reality shows, where the confrontations are more intense and frequent.

Oh man, I don't recall if I was on TWoP or other forums at the time but I distinctly recall someone writing up great snarky recaps of Laguna Beach and The Hills back in the day.  It was some fan and recaps were rare.  Now it's professionalized.

I've been watching the reruns of the original off and on today. It's hard to believe I eagerly watched this when it first aired and spent so much time discussing it on TVwoP!

Wait, Lauren's not going to be on it? What's the point? I remember quitting soon after she quit and they tried to replace her with that Cavanati fame whore. Yuck.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

I can't watch this if Heidi and Spencer are on it.  They are so vile and I have no interest in seeing them in anything.  

I had forgotten about just how bad they were until I watched the reruns this weekend.

• Love 4
On 6/21/2019 at 6:06 PM, scrb said:

Oh man, I don't recall if I was on TWoP or other forums at the time but I distinctly recall someone writing up great snarky recaps of Laguna Beach and The Hills back in the day.  It was some fan and recaps were rare.  Now it's professionalized.

It could have been B-side over at TVgasm. I can't even find those archives now, but they were hilarious. He did Laguna Beach and the first season of the Hills. Then another recapper took over for seasons 2 and beyond. She was funny, I guess, but nowhere in B-side's league.

• Love 5
On 8/23/2018 at 3:36 PM, MVFrostsMyPie said:

I'm surprised Whitney's going to be in it. I thought she was a well-adjusted person doing her thing in NY. I wonder if she lives back in LA now?

Unfortunately The City and her life in NYC didn't last very long. There was a huge gap between seasons, numerous cast changes. I was bummed because I liked it. I liked Whitney too. Boring? Yes but it was nice to have a good girl out there because the world and reality tv has enough villains. 

• Love 5
(edited)

Yeah Whitney was well liked on The Hills, because she was Lauren's work friend and wasn't part of the big drama with the people she went to high school with, particularly Speidi.

Of course, Audrina also got her own shots at starring in her own shows and that didn't fly either.

They have to convince Justin Bobby to be back!

Edited by scrb
  • Love 1
(edited)

I don't blame Lauren for skipping out and Kristen said she can't come back (not that I think she wanted to) because it conflicts with her contract with E!

The cast appears to be:

Spencer & Heidi

Audrina

Stephanie Pratt

Brody Jenner + Wife

Frankie + new random friend (something Lee something)

Mischa Barton (weird twist)

Justin Bobby

Whitney Port 

Jason Wahler

Those are the recognizable faces from the promos they've been plastering all day.  

Confirmed Asked & Declined:
Lauren Conrad

Kristen Cavallari

Lo Bosworth 

Edited by Loves2Dance
  • Useful 2

Audrina seems so much...happier now. She was a cipher ten years ago but I actually quite like her now. She seems like she's grown up.

Spencer is just as creepy and tries-too-hard as ever.

Nice to see Whitney, I always liked her.

I kind of feel like everyone's "I moved to London, I moved to Costa Rica" is supposed to be some kind of shorthand for how much they've matured.

Mischa! Boy, she's been through some shit, hasn't she?

I'm hoping Brodie's atrocious treatment of his wife is just a performance for the camera. Because he is not coming off well.

I loved the footage of the waves. LB and The Hills always had such lovely beach shots to establish setting. More, please 🙂

• Love 8

Didn't realize Brody had been with his wife Kaitlin for 4 years before Bruce came out and announced he was a she and wanted to called Caitlyn.

So I guess asshole was an inherited trait in Brody's DNA.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

Well, the ploy worked. I actually looked up what channel MTV was so I could watch this show.

I feel like what made the Hills stand was that it wasn't like other reality shows of the time. It had better cinematography, it had a theme song, it didn't have interviews, instead it had a narrator. You felt like you were watching a movie, not a reality television show.

They got rid of most of the signature Hills things and now it is just a standard reality show. I guess if the original Hills was Melrose Place, the Hills 2.0 is Thirtysomething. 

I feel the show is desperately missing a main character. It isn't that all the people on the show aren't interesting - they are. But I don't believe that all of them would hang out for a minute. Perhaps this doesn't matter in a housewives world where you can pay people to hang out with each other. I didn't believe the Audrina, Whitney, and Heidi would hang for a minute. And that's part of what made the Cavalleri years not as interesting.

The original Hills made sense in terms of how people knew each other. Heidi was Lauren's roommate, Audrina lived in their building, and Whitney and Lauren interned together. It made sense to see Heidi, Lauren, and Audrina together because they lived in the same building. But you rarely saw Whitney with them - because she was a work friend. Just like in real life.

But I digress. This episode was a bit boring. I tend to think you can't recreate the magic of leaving home for the first time, moving into your first apartment, getting your first/job internship, and moving to a new city. It's a very specific time in your life.

The most interesting storylines are Audrina/Justin Bobby. Is he finally ready? And Steph Pratt and Speidi.

Unpopular opinion: Steph Pratt should have been the narrator.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
5 hours ago, TeenMom69 said:

Didn't realize Brody had been with his wife Kaitlin for 4 years before Bruce came out and announced he was a she and wanted to called Caitlyn.

I didn't watch the new ep last night b/c my D&D game ran late and I was tired from my session with my PT earlier, but did the subject of Bruce/Caitlyn come up? If memory serves, Brody isn't happy about the situation and I cannot imagine no one commenting on it when seeing Brody for the first time after ten years.

Edited by Ubiquitous

I feel asleep during the show (who thought an hour would be a good idea?)

Random comments:  Spencer's still annoying, Heidi looks terrible, Stephanie looks plastic, Brody is hella whiny/annoying but he;s still a snack, Audrina & Whitney are gorgeous and likely the only storylines I care about. Why Micha?  Why Brandon?

• Love 1
9 hours ago, mbaywife123 said:

Mr. Mbay didn't even recognize Pamela Anderson when I paused and showed him, he had no clue who she was and was OMG when I told him who is was.

She looked....ROUGH. 

Bad skin. Bad hair. Wild eyes. Just utterly unrecognizable. 

8 hours ago, CeeBeeGee said:

I'm hoping Brodie's atrocious treatment of his wife is just a performance for the camera. Because he is not coming off well.

He is just horrible. He's basically saying that if they do have kids, all the work is going to fall to her anyhow. He talks about marriage like it's a prison sentence. Why did those two get married to begin with???

2 hours ago, Ubiquitous said:

I didn't watch the new ep last night b/c my D&D game ran late and I was tired from my session with my PT earlier, but did the subject of Bruce/Caitlyn come up? If memory serves, Brody isn't happy about the situation and I cannot imagine no one commenting on it when seeing Brody for the first time after ten years.

It vaguely did. Because Frankie was saying something about how everyone got excited that "Catelynn Jenner" was coming to one of this clubs, but it was just Brody's wife - Kaitlyn. (Sorry, I probably spelled both of those wrong.) So then Brody gave a brief talking head about his dad transitioning and choosing the same name as his now wife. He didn't really give an opinion on it in general; but, IMO, he did seem a bit annoyed about the name aspect. 

(edited)

Alright, I read all you comments this morning, then decided to watch.  

It wasn't bad, but it wasn't The Hills.  I agree that the talking heads seem off, particularly since it wasn't the Laguna/Hills style and it makes it not feel like The Hills.  Which is weird because they are still using the narrator format on Siesta Key.  I get that they want to make sure we understand their stories and what they've been up to for the past decade, but they could have each person narrate one or a couple episodes through the season.   

So Stephanie has a completely new face.  I didn't know who she was until I heard her speak. 

Whitney seems like she's having a lovely life.  Hope she's able to stay out of the drama.

Audrina is still hung up on Justin Bobby, which I ain't mad at her for.  And she's right back to the, "we had.....fun last night."  Girl, enough with the coy, 2007 shit; just tell us if you hooked up! 😄

Spencer's first words, "10 years ago Heidi and I became rich and famous," compared to Heidi's, "10 years ago I met my soulmate," tells me that nothing has changed between them.  She still thinks she's living in a fairytale fantasy and he's more concerned with optics.  It's rich that he's trying to push this narrative that he's changed....I don't believe it for a second.  

Micha Barton does not belong.  However, I would totally watch her on her own reality show where she comes out of hiding, returns to the spotlight, and tries to restart her career.

Also damn you all for getting me pulled back into this shit!

days notification GIF

Edited by luckyroll3
  • Love 5

They’re only calling him Justin.  Half the fun was them mocking him for being called Justin Bobby.

OK it’s shot like a prime time soap opera, especially Heidi in the bath tub.  The original also did glam cinematography but not to this extent.

The Brody and wife bickering seems entirely fake.

Spencer said how they became rich and famous.  They look all right but that home doesn’t scream rich. (Brody’s cottage is modest too and Audrina’s new home looks the best, but probably rented for the show by producers, since she was living at home and now suddenly has money for a nice home?)

Supposedly this falling out between Brody and Spencer occurred since Brody’s marriage.  But he got married just last year!

Then they have this party and everyone arrives in limos, to a kind of red carpet situation.  Talk about a fake event.  Clearly these people don’t socialize but come together for scenes on the show and to fake events set up just to film for the show.

Which is how all reality shows work these days, particularly those on Bravo.

At least with the JS reboot, at least some of the cast socialized or talked to each other IRL, knew about what was going on in each other’s lives.  On this Hills and other reality shows, you can tell the cast are only TV show “friends,” essentially pretending to socialize with each other.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, luckyroll3 said:

So Stephanie has a completely new face.  I didn't know who she was until I heard her speak. 

Conversely, I was confused when Audrina spoke and I didn't recognize her voice. Has it just been THAT long? Or does she sound different to anyone else?

• Love 1
1 minute ago, ghoulina said:

Conversely, I was confused when Audrina spoke and I didn't recognize her voice. Has it just been THAT long? Or does she sound different to anyone else?

She sounds less stupid. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4
(edited)
13 hours ago, TeenMom69 said:

Agreed. 

8 hours ago, Ubiquitous said:

He did and it was the most awkward minute ever---they did a 'catch up' interview and he's like, "Oh yeah...and...can't forget this..." It was awkwardly amusing. 

4 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Her voice isn't as high pitched anymore and she's not as whiny. 

Edited by Loves2Dance
  • Love 5

I enjoyed it because I love this franchise. But it lacked the magic of The Hills and Laguna. I’m in insurance so lack the knowledge to describe it but it always seemed like it was shot with the sun or nearing sundown. I loved whatever it is they did. 

Pamela Anderson has not aged well. Though I enjoyed seeing forehead lines on a person of a certain age. Don’t see that much anymore. Maybe it’s the facial hair but I’d have thought her and Tommy Lees genes would have produced a hotter offspring (shallow). 

Brody hasn’t changed. In looks or dickish behavior. I appreciate the overall normal look of his wife, far from weird Jade. But come on Bruce, of all the names!

Comcast has all the episodes On Demand and I just watched one where Lauren and Whitney styled a then little known Lady Gaga!  Resume booster today!  I always liked Kelly Cutrone and her intolerance of bullshit. She read as real in a fake show. 

Totally agree with the above MTV is banking Audrinas place. The timing is too coincidental otherwise. 

I just turned 40 in May and am considering this must see TV. I didn’t get famous young  (or ever) as Tommy Lee did but I wondered last night if I stopped maturing at some point bc I’m way too invested for my age, haha!

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
15 minutes ago, KnoxForPres said:

I enjoyed it because I love this franchise. But it lacked the magic of The Hills and Laguna. I’m in insurance so lack the knowledge to describe it but it always seemed like it was shot with the sun or nearing sundown. I loved whatever it is they did. 

Pamela Anderson has not aged well. Though I enjoyed seeing forehead lines on a person of a certain age. Don’t see that much anymore. Maybe it’s the facial hair but I’d have thought her and Tommy Lees genes would have produced a hotter offspring (shallow). 

Brody hasn’t changed. In looks or dickish behavior. I appreciate the overall normal look of his wife, far from weird Jade. But come on Bruce, of all the names!

Comcast has all the episodes On Demand and I just watched one where Lauren and Whitney styled a then little known Lady Gaga!  Resume booster today!  I always liked Kelly Cutrone and her intolerance of bullshit. She read as real in a fake show. 

Totally agree with the above MTV is banking Audrinas place. The timing is too coincidental otherwise. 

I just turned 40 in May and am considering this must see TV. I didn’t get famous young  (or ever) as Tommy Lee did but I wondered last night if I stopped maturing at some point bc I’m way too invested for my age, haha!

Speaking of Kelly, this is from last year:

How did the TV stuff start?
KC: "It was really, really simple. Over the years, people like CNN would call and ask to talk to me about fashion week. Who’s cool? Who’s funny? And then we got a phone call from Lisa Love and she was like, ‘I want you to replace us on The Hills.’ At the time, I had no idea what that was. But I looked at it, and I just thought, This is such a good thing for my clients. And I thought, Why would she put her baby [Vogue] like that on that show? So I did it. I never auditioned."

There’s a Hills reboot happening.
KC: "I’m not a part of that. I have no idea what it is."

For people who weren’t there or didn’t see it, how would you describe that experience? 
KC: "I don’t think my interpretation of that experience means anything for people who weren’t there. The fashion world is very elite, so my whole thing was How do we let people in to see and experience that? The show was fake, but it wasn’t scripted. The producers would be like, They’re going to come into People’s Revolution on a Wednesday, and maybe Lauren [Conrad], Audrina [Patridge], Stephanie [Pratt], or Whitney [Port] would be there, and you guys just do your thing."

In her memoir, Stephanie Pratt revealed she had a meth addiction from a young age, and that she had an eating disorder on The Hills.
KC: "It’s not shocking. That would make her a lot cooler. She’s so vapid."

• Useful 3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5
42 minutes ago, KnoxForPres said:

Though I enjoyed seeing forehead lines on a person of a certain age. Don’t see that much anymore. 

Me too! It has become a true rarity! Forehead lines and crows feet are almost extinct.

46 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

Her voice isn't as high pitched anymore and she's not as whiny. 

I used to watch First Look when she hosted. I was shocked by her lack of Hills voice and the fact that she seemed like a fun, energetic person instead of a vapid robotic zombie. 

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

Speaking of Kelly, this is from last year:

How did the TV stuff start?
KC: "It was really, really simple. Over the years, people like CNN would call and ask to talk to me about fashion week. Who’s cool? Who’s funny? And then we got a phone call from Lisa Love and she was like, ‘I want you to replace us on The Hills.’ At the time, I had no idea what that was. But I looked at it, and I just thought, This is such a good thing for my clients. And I thought, Why would she put her baby [Vogue] like that on that show? So I did it. I never auditioned."

There’s a Hills reboot happening.
KC: "I’m not a part of that. I have no idea what it is."

For people who weren’t there or didn’t see it, how would you describe that experience? 
KC: "I don’t think my interpretation of that experience means anything for people who weren’t there. The fashion world is very elite, so my whole thing was How do we let people in to see and experience that? The show was fake, but it wasn’t scripted. The producers would be like, They’re going to come into People’s Revolution on a Wednesday, and maybe Lauren [Conrad], Audrina [Patridge], Stephanie [Pratt], or Whitney [Port] would be there, and you guys just do your thing."

In her memoir, Stephanie Pratt revealed she had a meth addiction from a young age, and that she had an eating disorder on The Hills.
KC: "It’s not shocking. That would make her a lot cooler. She’s so vapid."

Ha!!!  I knew I liked that cat for a reason. Vapid indeed!

1 hour ago, KnoxForPres said:

I don't know who it was, but whoever wrote the recaps on TVwoP always put "Caw! Caw!" as part of KC's (caw! caw!) name. I find myself doing it whenever I see her name.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I haven't watched this show since it originally aired (and quit when Lauren did). Was Brody always this big of an ass???

I always thought he seemed worse than Spencer (who, I admit, makes me cackle and laugh) and last night did nothing to change my mind. 

• Love 1

Remember what some of these people were like.

Spencer boasted that he and Brody would get on The Hills, which was already a big hit, and take over.

He'd make Brody a big star.  Then he talked all kinds of trash about Lauren cheating or something like that.

This was LONG before social media so I don't recall how they disseminated this trash talk.  Maybe some trashy sites quoted them or something.

Lauren could only say she wouldn't have anything to do with Spencer, whom she called "sucky."

But yeah he bullied her and got on the show.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, scrb said:

This was LONG before social media so I don't recall how they disseminated this trash talk.  Maybe some trashy sites quoted them or something.

I don't have a great memory, but it was either Perez Hilton or one of those trash magazines like OK Mag, or something like that.  But there was something about meat curtains and it was disgusting.  

4 hours ago, KnoxForPres said:

Pamela Anderson has not aged well. Though I enjoyed seeing forehead lines on a person of a certain age. Don’t see that much anymore.

I thought she looked good.  She looked like what I think a normal 51 year old would look like.  I also loved how kooky she was and how much it embarrassed Brandon, but he was still all, "yep, that's my mom."

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, luckyroll3 said:

I thought she looked good.  She looked like what I think a normal 51 year old would look like.  I also loved how kooky she was and how much it embarrassed Brandon, but he was still all, "yep, that's my mom."

To be fair I felt nothing about her looked good. Glad you did. My dear mom born in 46 has her on the looks better. She looked.....hard.  

• Love 6

I thought Pamela looked fairly normal for her age. I also thought it was interesting how she pointed out that you remain your age when you become famous. I've never thought about that before, but then I started thinking about other celebrities and how true it seemed for their cases. 

The Brody and Spencer thing I don't really get---I think Spencer is crazy. Like, in a clinically diagnosable way, actually mentally ill. Either he has always has been or his time on The Hills and taste of fame, set something off within him. Brody comes off as a ladies man who is always looking for his next screw. I'd like to think that the fight with his wife was blown up for the show. But, even if they weren't, he still comes across as arrogant and entitled. 

I do agree that the show needs a leader. Heidi and Audrina seemed happy that Lauren wouldn't be coming back, but the show needs a Lauren or a Kristen...from the first episode it seems like the show is pushing for Audrina or Stephanie to be that anchor, but I can't figure out who'll win that yet.  

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, luckyroll3 said:

I've always liked her and that fun kooky personality. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, scrb said:

He'd make Brody a big star.  Then he talked all kinds of trash about Lauren cheating or something like that.

I'm embarrassed that I remember this but... the "trash talk" was that Spencer went to blogger Perez Hilton [which was the most read blog in 2007 far larger than TMZ) and told him Lauren and her ex Jason Wahler had a sex tape. Remember in 2007 a sex tape was a bad thing!

It wasn't true and no video ever surfaced. Perez doubled down that he heard through reliable sources and knew for a fact that it existed and Lauren had "beef curtains" . He then proceeded to call her "beef curtains" and scribble this over pictures of her face for years.

It was widely speculated (and pretty obvious) that Spencer had gone to Perez with the story as a way to damage her reputation. 

The famous line: "You know what you did" was in reference to this. Lauren accuses Heidi of having known that Spencer went to Perez Hilton. Heidi claims to not know what she's talking about.

This propelled the Hills into tabloid fixtures making it the first of it's kind to be written about the same way movie stars and singers were and leading the path for futurue reality shows.

giphy-2.gif

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, druzy said:

I like Audrina's new personality, if it's real and she's not playing a character. 

Audrina was probably my least favorite from The Hills and I was surprised how much I liked her on this. She seems calm, much more together, much more articulate than she used to be.

• Love 7

Wow...outside of Whitney, Audrina and - I guess - Mischa...they are all entitled, preening douchebags. I’m annoyed that we give these sociopaths teevee time - but more annoyed that I participate in this nonsense by watching. 

The “Baby Tommy Lee’s” thing about making end meet by “modeling” and “acting” made me laugh out loud. In what world is that discount Harry Styles a model? He’s someone I want to reach into the tv and smack soundly.

Stephanie, Pamela Lee, and Heidi look like they would melt next to a furnace and Brody is such a colossal, entitled ass that there are no words.

Next week I hope they collectively ream that f**k “Perez”. Because he may be one of the most nauseating famewhores alive. 

Yet I’ll keep watching because I’m a sadomasochist.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
17 minutes ago, ExplainItAgain said:

Audrina was probably my least favorite from The Hills and I was surprised how much I liked her on this. She seems calm, much more together, much more articulate than she used to be.

You would think she's grown a bit in 10 years.

But sounds like she went through some rough times with her marriage.

Her attempt at a career as a TV personality didn't go anywhere either.

So maybe she's feeling humbled.

Would she really choose to hang around with Justin Bobby (not going to call him just Justin, like they're doing on the show) or is this another show contrivance?

• Love 3

There are pictures of Pamela Anderson when she was young, before any of the cosmetic surgeries.  Beautiful back then, not sure what possessed her to really mess around, especially her face.

Another LH cast member I wouldn't have minded seeing again is Lo, though she seemed to concentrate on school more and didn't get swept up into The Hills and the rest.

• Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

Unpopular opinion probably but I agree with you. I liked seeing Pam run around and do her crazy thing and I liked the fun dynamic between mother and adult son. She hasn’t aged particularly well, but I almost love her for it as she’s stayed committed to her 90’s heyday look and is almost a caricature of herself now. 

Other thoughts...

Didn’t like the talking heads! I agree with others who said it just changes the magic of the original aspect of the show where it was left to viewer to come up with their own assumptions and interpretations on what the character thought or was feeling.

I think it will be interesting seeing a bit of Brandon’s life (despite the fact he makes very little sense as a character on this show due to young age and with the current situations of the cast in their 30’s). 

I never liked Stephanie and she’s definitely not improved with age in either appearance or personality. All those fillers on her face are not a pretty look. I guess being on meth hasn’t helped her out looks wise either, she looks skeletal. Also was she drinking in that episode? I thought she didn’t drink previously due to addictions. 

Audrina’s definitely grown up and hardened up from life experience, I liked her, she was more real and relatable as a character then the naive, bimbo, follower she used to appear to be. I hope she becomes the lead and we see more Whitney too.  

Brody, still hot, but man I hope that’s acting on the marriage front or dude shouldn’t have put a ring on it. He’s seems miserable. I liked his wife she seems down to earth. And Bruce deciding on the name Caitlyn when that was Brody's long term girlfriend already, is a bit shit. There’s literally millions of other names he could have picked or variations on that name. How awkward. 

Justin and Audrina, I don’t buy it, they’re  just friends and he’s playing the role the producers want in pursuing her. She came out and said long ago they were never dating in the last season and it was for the show, so I just don’t see it .

Edited by Sofa Sloth
  • Love 4
(edited)

Seems like MTV got scared that a bunch of 30 yr old has beens (never was really) wouldn't court the tween demographic and thus comes in Brandon. He and Brody are like 13 yrs apart.. I'm supposed to believe they're best buddies? Yeah, nice try.

I also just read that Perez is Heidi and Spencer's son's godfather. Now it makes sense why they're dragging that odious piece of shit from the swamp from whence he came. He hasn't been relevant since like 2007.. literally no one gives a shit what he thinks!

I guess MTV is learning you can't go home again. Only 649,000 people tuned in last night. At its peak, The Hills was averaging 4 million viewers. Looks like Speidi will once and for all have to go kicking and screaming into oblivion and get real jobs.

Edited by UniqBlue69
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Miss Slay said:

I'm embarrassed that I remember this but... the "trash talk" was that Spencer went to blogger Perez Hilton [which was the most read blog in 2007 far larger than TMZ) and told him Lauren and her ex Jason Wahler had a sex tape. Remember in 2007 a sex tape was a bad thing!

It wasn't true and no video ever surfaced. Perez doubled down that he heard through reliable sources and knew for a fact that it existed and Lauren had "beef curtains" . He then proceeded to call her "beef curtains" and scribble this over pictures of her face for years.

It was widely speculated (and pretty obvious) that Spencer had gone to Perez with the story as a way to damage her reputation. 

The famous line: "You know what you did" was in reference to this. Lauren accuses Heidi of having known that Spencer went to Perez Hilton. Heidi claims to not know what she's talking about.

This propelled the Hills into tabloid fixtures making it the first of it's kind to be written about the same way movie stars and singers were and leading the path for futurue reality shows.

giphy-2.gif

Ah yes...this is all coming back to me now. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, scrb said:

There are pictures of Pamela Anderson when she was young, before any of the cosmetic surgeries.  Beautiful back then, not sure what possessed her to really mess around, especially her face.

Another LH cast member I wouldn't have minded seeing again is Lo, though she seemed to concentrate on school more and didn't get swept up into The Hills and the rest.

She was asked and declined. 

Was Jason in the episode?  I thought he was on the show as well and I'm curious about his life and how he'll interact with this cast.  Wasn't Stephanie sober on the original?

Do not want or miss Lo.  Binging the original over the weekend, I was overcome by her stank ass attitude.  She's selling vagina health products these days, like boric acid suppositories. Seriously.

• Love 3
On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 1:00 AM, Miss Slay said:

I tend to think you can't recreate the magic of leaving home for the first time, moving into your first apartment, getting your first/job internship, and moving to a new city. It's a very specific time in your life.

I suspect Lauren Conrad would agree with you, which may be why (at least in part) she declined to be a part of the reboot.

10 hours ago, UniqBlue69 said:

I guess MTV is learning you can't go home again. Only 649,000 people tuned in last night. At its peak, The Hills was averaging 4 million viewers.

The original version of The Hills was Lauren Conrad's story. Without her, The Hills is just another reality TV program (and one that's probably on the wrong network given the ages of the cast relative to the target demographic.) 

• Love 1