Type keyword(s) to search

The Hills - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On 7/5/2019 at 5:01 AM, TattleTeeny said:
On 7/5/2019 at 5:01 AM, TattleTeeny said:

But I think Ryan is still on TV right? A cop show? 

Who is Ryan? I don't recall him from the Hills so I looked up on Wikipedia "The Cast of the Hills" and there is no Ryan listed. I know there were a few cast members who came and went quickly. Maybe he was one of them?

• Love 1
(edited)
21 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Who is Ryan? I don't recall him from the Hills so I looked up on Wikipedia "The Cast of the Hills" and there is no Ryan listed. I know there were a few cast members who came and went quickly. Maybe he was one of them?

I think they are talking about The OC and Ben McKenzie who played Ryan.

Edited by KLJ
  • Love 2
(edited)

Having watched the first episode, I have to agree with those posters who wrote that this reboot is nothing like The Hills.

The biggest problem is that there is no sympathetic central "character" around whom all the action swirls. The Hills without that character is like Rebecca without the second Mrs. de Winter -- it doesn't work. The absence of Lauren Conrad as the central character spreads (and dilutes) the focus across too many supporting and peripheral characters; some of whom were never too likeable in the first place.

As others have pointed out, the cinematography in this is very un-Hills-like. The original show was drenched in vibrant southern California sunlight. No matter what was going on with the storylines, you could always watch the show just to see how beautiful the production crew made southern California look. But in episode 1 of the reboot, everything looked so washed out. Even scenes in broad daylight had this washed out look to them.

In fairness to all concerned, it's probably true that you "can't go home again". So better to reboot the show in a new style rather than try to recapture something that cannot be recaptured.

Edited by Jan Spears
  • Love 8
13 hours ago, Jan Spears said:

The biggest problem is that there is no sympathetic central "character" around whom all the action swirls. The Hills without that character is like Rebecca without the second Mrs. de Winter -- it doesn't work. The absence of Lauren Conrad as the central character spreads (and dilutes) the focus across too many supporting and peripheral characters; some of whom were never too likeable in the first place.

I agree. Not everyone liked Lauren on the original Hills run (or on Laguna Beach for that matter) but most people could relate to her. Not just on the milestones, like graduating high school, moving to a new city for school, starting her first professional job, etc- but the personal side. An unrequited crush that strings you along before ultimately always going back to his bad news (in your eyes) girlfriend? Trying to decide whether or not to take back a cheating boyfriend? Your boss at your first professional job always kind of giving you the side eye? Your best friend dating a jerk and the frustration that comes with always listening to her complain about him, knowing she's going back to him regardless? Meeting up with an ex to exchange stuff and feeling like you're taking this way harder than he is, even though you were the one to end it? Feeling like your colleague that you don't really like that much is the teacher's pet? The list goes on and on.

Although I was much less glamorous (I had an office job in Omaha at the time of the original Hills run) watching the first two seasons of The Hills was like watching my (much blonder, prettier, better dressed, and with a better ride) self on TV.  (Ironically, I still liked Kristin much better on Laguna. If LC was a prettier and richer version of me, Kristin was who I actually would have liked to have been in high school).

This isn't a reboot. Not only is the central character missing, the theme is gone. At this point, the reboot's theme is "I either used to be kind of famous, or have a parent who was kind of famous and I need a paycheck". Which- actually isn't  a bad theme. People love to see arrogant people humbled, villains face their comeuppance, and see the underdog make a comeback. This has the workings of a successful show, if packaged the right way. But they really missed the mark styling this as a reboot. It's essentially a "where are they now" stretched over multiple episodes. That even applies to Pam's kid- people are probably interested in him for whatever he can dish about his famous parents' shenanigans now.

• Love 9

Well they’re kind of trying to feature Audrina, who alluded to her bad marriage and kind of withdrawing from socializing for awhile.

But I guess it’s different showrunners and production company than the original.

They don’t show clips of the original, like the JS reboot did last year.

• Love 1

I saw the first ep of The Hills: The Next Generation over the weekend and didn't find it very compelling television. It was nice to see what everyone had been up to, I guess, but without LC, it seemed unfocused, which is why I quit watching the original show.

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 9:04 AM, ghoulina said:

It vaguely did. Because Frankie was saying something about how everyone got excited that "Catelynn Jenner" was coming to one of this clubs, but it was just Brody's wife - Kaitlyn. (Sorry, I probably spelled both of those wrong.) So then Brody gave a brief talking head about his dad transitioning and choosing the same name as his now wife. He didn't really give an opinion on it in general; but, IMO, he did seem a bit annoyed about the name aspect. 

Yeah, I got the same impression about Brody WRT his father taking the same name as his gf. There must be something strangely Freudian about it going on.

• Love 2

So I see that Perez Hilton is still a massive douche.  Swearing on your children doesn't mean that someone can't question whether your apology is genuine or not (because it so wasn't).  I liked how Mischa handled him (can we just get her on her own show, please.  I would so watch her journey to reclaiming her celebrity "lifestyle".)

I didn't really pay attention to anything else except for the dinner with all the celebrity sons and some other random dude.  Interesting that Brandon Lee has also had addiction issues.  I don't find that surprising at all given his parents and their issues.

• Love 6

I’m watching because it’s summer and I can’t quit these people just like I can’t quit JS.  

Is Brandon the son that recently kicked Tommy’s ass?  Or is that the other son?  Either way, I like him on this show so far.

I thought Pam looked good considering hasn’t she been suffering with Hepatitis for many years?  

Perez Hilton was not sorry, not one bit.  Is he still as big as he used to be?  I haven’t thought about him since like 2008.  Someday his kids will be bullied because of his antics and he will have no one to blame but himself.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, geauxaway said:

Perez Hilton was not sorry, not one bit.  Is he still as big as he used to be?  I haven’t thought about him since like 2008.  Someday his kids will be bullied because of his antics and he will have no one to blame but himself.

Me neither, TBH. I figured Perez Hilton had vanished into obscurity when social media was created.

• Love 1
(edited)

So, I’m old, and I’ve seen every episode of The Hills and every variation of Keeping Up with the Kardashian’s in real time. I am not proud of this. Nevertheless, Brody’s commentary on tonight’s episode about whatever issues he and Spencer are having hit me hard with clarity: Brody is JUST like his father, in terms of how he evades accountability and mostly blames the person aggrieved with him for their issues. Which, hypocritically, are the same personality flaws Brody constantly complained about his dad having on KUWTK (and Brody wasn’t wrong).

Example—Spencer was hurt that Brody didn’t come to meet Gunner after he was born, and Brody turns it around as, “But you didn’t invite me to his first birthday!” And I don’t even like Spencer (he’s wrong too, IMO), but maybe Spencer would have invited you to his son’s first birthday party IF you had shown an interest in his existence prior to that. 

Edited by SimonSeymour
  • Love 8

There seemed to be some real moments in this last episode.

Stephanie expressing some regret about getting plastic surgery when she was so young, because she was insecure about being told her chin was like Jay Leno's chin.

Then the Spencer and Brody falling out.  First of all, ridiculous that Spencer gets mad because Brody isn't drinking with them.

But he expressed resentment that Kaitlyn never seemed to like him or Heidi.  Says she also changed Brody, who think he isn't being changed and that's why he doesn't want to have a baby yet, no matter how much she pushes.

Again, these could be story lines the producers push on these cast members.

But when they were yelling at each other at that night club, either they're good actors or they must have done several takes before they showed the anger at each other.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

Yeah, I was so confused as to what the hell kind of argument was that? Does he think kids age backwards?

"I didn't come to see him when he was born because I was so hurt from not being invited to his first birthday a year later."      

-Back to the Future, Part IV: Brody's Revenge

c86b92a7bbb65368d4178588b490db2d.500x250

14 hours ago, Drogo said:

Pipe down, Brody. 

^Because it can't be said enough.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

I’ve tried watching this but this cast is truly insufferable. Justin Bobby is a pretentious idiot. Stephanie is a plastic faced shit stirrer. Audrina is just boring af. Brandon Lee is a dorky looking troll who was born on 3rd base and thinks he scored a triple. Speidi is pathetic and still grasping at relevance. Brody is an entitled ass. Jason and his wife are just white noise. I can’t imagine this has any kind of audience. Kind of sad actually to see people so desperate for fame.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
8 hours ago, scrb said:

There seemed to be some real moments in this last episode.

Stephanie  Heidi expressing some regret about getting plastic surgery when she was so young, because she was insecure about being told her chin was like Jay Leno's chin.

Then the Spencer and Brody falling out.  First of all, ridiculous that Spencer gets mad because Brody isn't drinking with them.

But he expressed resentment that Kaitlyn never seemed to like him or Heidi.  Says she also changed Brody, who think he isn't being changed and that's why he doesn't want to have a baby yet, no matter how much she pushes.

Again, these could be story lines the producers push on these cast members.

But when they were yelling at each other at that night club, either they're good actors or they must have done several takes before they showed the anger at each other.

Fixed that for you. 

I think what really takes me out of the show is that none of these people have seen each other in years since the last filming , yet I’m expected to believe any of them would hang out as much as they do now ( for lunch , parties , pool get togethers at their houses , etc . ) i doubt any of them talk outside the show . 

Also , spencer was mad at Brody because he didn’t want to drink ? What are they , 15? Why can’t the guy have a soda if he’d rather That . 

Stephanie is really a hard face to look at . She’s never been particularly beautiful , but she looks plastic to the point of scary . 

• Love 4

Well even in the original, I don't think all of these people saw each other that much.

Like I said, in the original, most of them didn't even film scenes together.

But they cast Whitney to be her friend at this fake internship job that they got for her because she was going to be featured in a TV show and the fashion magazine publisher was willing to go along with it, probably for free publicity.

And Audrina wasn't part of her usual social group either but they cast her because the producers "liked her look."

Justin Bobby, whom they're trying to pass off as some rock and roller, was a hairdresser then and for all we know, doesn't have much of a music career now either.

It was LC and a couple of her HS friends who were the start of the cast and then they added some more of what they thought would be good reality TV cast members.

So yeah, they probably don't socialize much, nothing like hinted at in the show and they haven't seen each other in years.

But in the days of the original show, they weren't socializing either.  They just all wanted to be on TV.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, scrb said:

Well even in the original, I don't think all of these people saw each other that much.

Like I said, in the original, most of them didn't even film scenes together.

But they cast Whitney to be her friend at this fake internship job that they got for her because she was going to be featured in a TV show and the fashion magazine publisher was willing to go along with it, probably for free publicity.

And Audrina wasn't part of her usual social group either but they cast her because the producers "liked her look."

Justin Bobby, whom they're trying to pass off as some rock and roller, was a hairdresser then and for all we know, doesn't have much of a music career now either.

It was LC and a couple of her HS friends who were the start of the cast and then they added some more of what they thought would be good reality TV cast members.

So yeah, they probably don't socialize much, nothing like hinted at in the show and they haven't seen each other in years.

But in the days of the original show, they weren't socializing either.  They just all wanted to be on TV.

Totally! And soon they're all going to Vegas together? In what world would Whitney ever go to Vegas with these people?

• Love 1

Whitney did attend the same school as Spencer and Stephanie. Also, she was a real intern before the show began. She interned there 2-3 years before The Hills showed up. I know in the big picture none of it matters but career wise she paid her dues with 5 years of internships, earning her degree and I hate that gets lost as she's lumped in with these people to whom an education is considered a waste of time. 

I know I'll have more to say when I catch up on episodes but so far What the heck is this show? 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, LemonSoda said:

Whitney did attend the same school as Spencer and Stephanie. Also, she was a real intern before the show began. She interned there 2-3 years before The Hills showed up. I know in the big picture none of it matters but career wise she paid her dues with 5 years of internships, earning her degree and I hate that gets lost as she's lumped in with these people to whom an education is considered a waste of time. 

I know I'll have more to say when I catch up on episodes but so far What the heck is this show? 

I thought Whitney was a legit intern. Thanks for clarifying.

And I will forever miss B-side mocking Lisa Love- 'this isn't the "Teen Vogue" way of doing things'- generally framed as some reprimand to Lauren.

• Love 3

I was checking out the MTV app. in my iPad.

Looks like they have some "extras" clips.

However the app. has a real dumb design where it's only showing video in the upper 1/3, not even a half of the screen in Portrait view only.

Older versions weren't like this but apparently they decided to make the iPad version act like a phone.

So I probably won't bother to check them out, unless I can view them on the web site or something.

• Love 1

I looooove "The Hills" to an unrealistic degree.... I had moved to LA from OC, a few years older than these people, so it was fun to watch the settings, the clubs, the drama.  I really miss that the original music has been replaced with anonymous filler music, the 2006-2010 songs of the day really made the show!

Stephanie reminds me a lot of Courtney Love.  They are both loud and funny, and have taken really interesting, beautiful faces and morphed them into plastic anonymousness.  Stephanie looked so much better before.  I always kind of liked her.

I thought Heidi looked a lot better than the last time I saw her on the Hills in 2011.  Her face has settled, and it made me sad to see her regret all of the work she had done.  I was always kind of confused as to what was real with Speidi.  I didn't think Heidi's family was that great of actors, and I truly believed the struggle between them and the evil Spencer.  It was very culty.  I read an article a few years later where they were living in Santa Barbara and regretted the way they behaved, which Spencer called an act.  I don't know, man... it was disturbing to watch him isolate Heidi.  

• Love 2
1 minute ago, DrivingSideways said:

I was always kind of confused as to what was real with Speidi.  I didn't think Heidi's family was that great of actors, and I truly believed the struggle between them and the evil Spencer.  It was very culty.  I read an article a few years later where they were living in Santa Barbara and regretted the way they behaved, which Spencer called an act.  I don't know, man... it was disturbing to watch him isolate Heidi.  

That's exactly what he was doing.  Isolating her from family and friends so that he became the only one she could trust and depend on.  It was all very sinister and made my skin crawl to watch. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

That's exactly what he was doing.  Isolating her from family and friends so that he became the only one she could trust and depend on.  It was all very sinister and made my skin crawl to watch. 

I've been binge watching the original series and this stands out even more in binge watching form. It's so creepy and sinister to watch him openly manipulate her. To think she called Jordan controlling 🙄

Other things that stand out - I've never been much of an Audrina fan. Her continuous blank, expressionless stare like she's always lost was irksome. But Lo was really terrible to her without reason. Especially after they moved in to the house. On rewatch, it seems unintentionally cruel and slightly bullyish. 

Lauren's rules of friendship seem a little controlling. It's all about being her friend and living up to her standards. Of course, that could've been her age at the time. Sometimes I feel judgy toward her forgetting she spent a bunch of her adolescence on camera so her personal growth probably came a little slower as she was always "on". 

I do like Lo, find her hilariously snarky at times but in small doses. 

I wish they had shown more, maybe stretched out the Paris trip a few more episodes. 

I hate the turn the show took by season 3 when it fully became the Adventures of Spencer and Heidi. 

It was also amusing to watch Lauren work, knowing that she had a Teen Vogue cover herself and was currently more famous than some of the "celebrities" she was working with or working events for. 

8 hours ago, Tatum said:

I thought Whitney was a legit intern. Thanks for clarifying.

And I will forever miss B-side mocking Lisa Love- 'this isn't the "Teen Vogue" way of doing things'- generally framed as some reprimand to Lauren.

Youre welcome! Even Super Intern Emily who was picked on to death for simply doing her job was a real long term intern, working on a degree and she's successful now with Glossier/IntoTheGloss. 

Oh that was so hilarious! This isn't the Teen Vogue way! 

4 hours ago, DrivingSideways said:

I looooove "The Hills" to an unrealistic degree.... I had moved to LA from OC, a few years older than these people, so it was fun to watch the settings, the clubs, the drama.  I really miss that the original music has been replaced with anonymous filler music, the 2006-2010 songs of the day really made the show!

Stephanie reminds me a lot of Courtney Love.  They are both loud and funny, and have taken really interesting, beautiful faces and morphed them into plastic anonymousness.  Stephanie looked so much better before.  I always kind of liked her.

I thought Heidi looked a lot better than the last time I saw her on the Hills in 2011.  Her face has settled, and it made me sad to see her regret all of the work she had done.  I was always kind of confused as to what was real with Speidi.  I didn't think Heidi's family was that great of actors, and I truly believed the struggle between them and the evil Spencer.  It was very culty.  I read an article a few years later where they were living in Santa Barbara and regretted the way they behaved, which Spencer called an act.  I don't know, man... it was disturbing to watch him isolate Heidi.  

It's a shame music rights are so expensive!

CL had a beautiful face and should've stopped after the second nose job post Larry Flynt. I thought Stephanie was adorable. Original Heidi too!

I remember that time! Spencer went back to school so he could get a real job. They both seemed embarrassed by their past behavior, were living very simply, open about all the money they lost, bridges they burned. 

I too have wondered what exactly was and is real with them. I have a feeling we'll never fully know. 

• Love 3

Brody talks repeatedly about his father, which I don’t think he did in the OG.  I guess the father wasn’t as known for reality TV or this trans thing back in the original run of The Hills.

So Bruce left his wife talking about transitioning but married another woman and had more kids, whom Brody doesn’t seem to see, before h came out to the world?

Please tell me people aren’t dumb enough to buy those stupid healing crystals.  They claim to be making a lot of money from that hippy dippy shit?  Obviously they’re hoping free commercials on the show will get a lot of dumb impulse orders.

Why not do one of those vanity tequilas or something.  Spencer says they blew through $10 million in 2 years.  The Hills were big but they were paid that much?  Did thy do club appearances for big money back in the day?

He talks about how the crystals make people feel better.  Brody mocking him putting the crystals to the forehead is funny.  But that party it was all about how they look, just IG photos of them as jewelry.

They now want to play up some love triangle with Audrina, Justin Bobby and Heidi.  How dumb, these people are in their 30s.  They’re all supposedly single so why was that woman calling out Justin Bobby and Heidi for being shady?  But the show is trying to make a big deal out of it.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, scrb said:

Why not do one of those vanity tequilas or something.  Spencer says they blew through $10 million in 2 years.  The Hills were big but they were paid that much?  Did thy do club appearances for big money back in the day?

I'd be surprised if they got $10 million from the Hills. I mean, they did the odd other reality show appearance here and there, like Celebrity Wife Swap, and Heidi had a couple singles released, and they did some US Weekly exclusives, but I would be surprised if they came even close to $10 million. Maybe Spencer inherited some money or got a big family check that he's tossing in the mix?

• Love 2

I was racking my brain trying to remember who Brody's mom was most recently married to (David Foster) and in googling her learned that she had a long term relationship with Elvis!  She should be the one with the reality show (I'll be adding her memoir to my book list).  The fact that I spent the rest of that hour googling her and looking at her pictures instead of paying attention to Pratt Daddy and Audrina whining for JB to grow up when she hasn't either says a lot.  At this point, I'd be into a show catching up on all the parents, even Micha's mom.      

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, Lastwaltz said:

What? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. I guess if Luann DeLessups can, Heidi can, lol. 

I can't believe I'm about to admit this, but I did download "Body language" off limewire back in 2007. It is very heavily auto tuned, but I'd be lying if I said I never found it catchy. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, Tatum said:

I can't believe I'm about to admit this, but I did download "Body language" off limewire back in 2007. It is very heavily auto tuned, but I'd be lying if I said I never found it catchy. 

Ha! Well, we all have some of those in our closets, lol. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I confess to buying the song used as the Vanderpump Rules theme. And, if crystals make people feel better (even if it's just by making them think they feel better, if that makes sense), then who is it hurting? No less questionable than religious services and rituals, IMO, and at the very least, you get something cool (if overpriced) to wear. People swear by yoga* and meditation, which not only do nothing for me personally but actually try my patience. 

*Yoga without the hippie aspects (especially flutesy sounds, ugh!) is fine; I do love a good stretch!

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, scrb said:

Brody talks repeatedly about his father, which I don’t think he did in the OG.  I guess the father wasn’t as known for reality TV or this trans thing back in the original run of The Hills.

So Bruce left his wife talking about transitioning but married another woman and had more kids, whom Brody doesn’t seem to see, before h came out to the world?

Please tell me people aren’t dumb enough to buy those stupid healing crystals.  They claim to be making a lot of money from that hippy dippy shit?  Obviously they’re hoping free commercials on the show will get a lot of dumb impulse orders.

He talks about how the crystals make people feel better.  Brody mocking him putting the crystals to the forehead is funny.  But that party it was all about how they look, just IG photos of them as jewelry.

They now want to play up some love triangle with Audrina, Justin Bobby and Heidi.  How dumb, these people are in their 30s.  They’re all supposedly single so why was that woman calling out Justin Bobby and Heidi for being shady?  But the show is trying to make a big deal out of it.

The Hills started airing in 2006, the Keeping up with the Kardashians didn't premiere until 2007; so his time on The Hills did co-inside with the rising fame of the Kards but I don't think Brody was every comfortable talking about Bruce/Caitlyn. Brody also said his mom told him when he was 27, that was roughly 2011; officially Caitlyn didn't come out until 2015 so there is a 4 ish year window where Brody knew but couldn't openly talk about it and he had no clue during his time on the Hills. 

Kris actually said something about hating Bruce's/Caitlyn's ex because she knew and didn't warn her. 

At the height of the hills they were making around $200,000 an episode and charging $50,000 just for a 4 hour club appearance. They also cashed in on merchandise and sponsors. The $10 mil figure has been floating around for years and I believe came out of paperwork they filed when they were on the verge of bankruptsy. 

The Justin Bobby angle is boring and stale.

The issue I have with the reboot is that there is only 2 storylines that I think are authentic and it's that Brody and Spencer were best-friends, something happened and they cut ties and they're both bitter at each other for being in the situation they're in. And Spencer and Stephanie hating each other as siblings. Everything else seems like made for reality TV drama. 

As for the crystals, I checked the site one day and a handful of items were out of stock and new stuff was rotated in the next day. I think it's doing well and if it works to keep their lights on and their son fed, more power to them.  

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, DrivingSideways said:

Whoa... This explains a lot. If her father is a predator, it could be why she went for someone like Spencer. The article says it was not Heidi or Holly, but a victim who would have been sixteen in 1996. And he has an aggravated incest charge.

Edited by Aim123
Additional info
  • Love 2

$200k an episode seems high, though I know The Hills was very hot at one time.

i think reality show cast members get about that for a season on the low end?

• Love 2
On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 10:31 AM, Tatum said:

I'd be surprised if they got $10 million from the Hills. I mean, they did the odd other reality show appearance here and there, like Celebrity Wife Swap, and Heidi had a couple singles released, and they did some US Weekly exclusives, but I would be surprised if they came even close to $10 million.

BWAH! I had totally forgotten about Heidi "singing"! Didn't they tape it with a camcorder while they were in Mexico, eloping?

12 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

The issue I have with the reboot is that there is only 2 storylines that I think are authentic and it's that Brody and Spencer were best-friends, something happened and they cut ties and they're both bitter at each other for being in the situation they're in. And Spencer and Stephanie hating each other as siblings. Everything else seems like made for reality TV drama. 

I don't recall if I noticed it during the first run, but I watched a repeat of Spencer and Stephanie visiting their grandmother and he was constantly undermining her and trying to monopolize his grandmother. Wow!

• Love 2
47 minutes ago, Ubiquitous said:

BWAH! I had totally forgotten about Heidi "singing"! Didn't they tape it with a camcorder while they were in Mexico, eloping?

The only one I listened to was Body Language (which I actually liked), and supposedly, they were recording a demo in the studio and Spencer jumped in and "rapped" as a joke, and the demo was "leaked". An astute TWOPer pointed out that studio time is ridiculously expensive, like a per minute charge, and even two chuckleheads like Speidi wouldn't just be screwing around in the studio for funsies. 

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Aim123 said:

Whoa... This explains a lot. If her father is a predator, it could be why she went for someone like Spencer. The article says it was not Heidi or Holly, but a victim who would have been sixteen in 1996. And he has an aggravated incest charge.

Agreed. 

With it being so long ago, I wonder how they'll be able to have a trial and what evidence still remains. 

• Love 2

Wow, Brody's father was a jerk to him and his mother, who, I noticed, looks like an inflatable plastic doll. His father having Brody's wife's name is confusing as fuck, too. You know, I did not know bands still made music videos!

Spencer and Heidi preparing for their crystal business party(?) seemed fishy to me, but I thought "magic" crystals went out of fashion sometime in the 1990's.

Justin Bobby's singing career is boring, stale, and unbelievable. Ditto for he and Audrina's drama b/c we know they never were romantically related.

I am incredulous that Brandon really hangs out with these "old people" or that they've known each other since they were kids.

Why is Micha on this show?

• Love 3
On 7/16/2019 at 11:01 AM, luckyroll3 said:

I was racking my brain trying to remember who Brody's mom was most recently married to (David Foster) and in googling her learned that she had a long term relationship with Elvis!  She should be the one with the reality show (I'll be adding her memoir to my book list).  The fact that I spent the rest of that hour googling her and looking at her pictures instead of paying attention to Pratt Daddy and Audrina whining for JB to grow up when she hasn't either says a lot.  At this point, I'd be into a show catching up on all the parents, even Micha's mom.      

Linda's book was a great read! She's a very interesting woman who has had an interesting life. Wasn't she gorgeous in the Elvis days? 

$10,000,000 for being Speidi? I'd believe half. They were going to every paid appearance they could back then. I'm sure Heidi was paid well for her short lived clothing partnership and ridiculous things like the workout she was selling. 

• Love 2

This show continues to be really boring without a believable plot. I refuse to believe any adult women would fight over Justin Bobby. He doesn't have money, seems super boring and the story line is older than dry toast. 

The fire stuff was crazy too see again since it's been so long. I don't remember if Brody lost his house, but I know his dad's house was toast. 

Brody's mom also got way too much work done; that was last week, but I forgot to comment on it. I may try and grab her book on my kindle. Watching Spencer's mom trash Brody was interesting---how does one 'teach him how to throw around a ball,' if you've been bff4eva brother's since you were 15? Um...okay. I do believe they were close though, at some point, and something happened along the way beyond Spencer's fall from fame. I don't know if the show will ever air that truth, but there feels like more there. 

Stephanie is annoying as ever, Mischa doesn't belong and Audrina needs to run. 

• Love 3
(edited)
On 7/9/2019 at 5:13 PM, Tipsymcstagger said:

Justin Bobby is a pretentious idiot. Stephanie is a plastic faced shit stirrer. Audrina is just boring af. Brandon Lee is a dorky looking troll who was born on 3rd base and thinks he scored a triple. Speidi is pathetic and still grasping at relevance. Brody is an entitled ass. Jason and his wife are just white noise.

Well put.  I watched it once, to see if Justin Bobby had matured at all.  

Nope.  His delusional self confidence knows no bounds.

Edited by OldButHappy
  • Love 3
(edited)

Brandon is one of the least self-aware people I’ve ever seen. “Working his whole life”? “Carrying the movie”? LMAO. His greatest accomplishment thus far has been being born to rich celebrities. He’s very full of himself for a stunningly average looking dude. The sense of privilege is strong with this entire crew. But for some reason he really rubs me the wrong way. And what is a 30-something married guy like Brody doing hanging with a 21 yr old? Brody and his buddies are like those guys who keep coming back to high school thinking they’re cool and the high schoolers laugh behind their backs. Oh...and a DJ career? Another LOL from me. It’s the last bastion for rich, stupid, celebrity offspring with all the time and none of the talent. Brought into clubs for marquee value and little else. Paris Hilton is a classic example.

JB: re Audrina and Stephanie “I love correlating.” “I hate stupidity and negligence”. What a fricking moron...

Edited by Tipsymcstagger
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

Justin Bobby reminds me of Jared Leto for some reason.

I don't believe this storyline for one second and I believe Justin has a producer telling him to leave with Stephanie, ect.

I think that both Brody and Spencer needed each other after the Hills, and they didn't check on each other because they were expectng the other one to do it and they both got hurt. Brody was having a really hard time dealing with his dad's transition and the idea of never having the father that he always wanted and craved. Spencer lost all his money and had to move back in with his parents. They both should have called each other.

And it's awkward that they can't say LC's name. I don't believe for a moment that Jason is friends with Speidi.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Tipsymcstagger said:

JB: re Audrina and Stephanie “I love correlating.” “I hate stupidity and negligence”. What a fricking moron...

See that's the kind of nonsense utterances that JB made all the time in the original show.

Recappers were mocking him relentlessly for such nonsense.

• Love 2