Type keyword(s) to search

Seasons 4-7: The College Years

• Start Topic

Here are some examples. While not all the looks aged well (in some cases, SD's look has aged better), compared to how Donna looked and was styled in previous seasons, and what we are going to see in season 5, I'd say Donna/Tori looked cute here. She looks fresh and not overly made up and overdone.

Season-4-donna-martin-and-brenda-walsh-3

tumblr_nirx4u8aXF1s7hg3xo1_1280.jpg

Edited by AndySmith
  • Love 1

That was a rough year for ShanDo's eyebrows. Oh, 90s eyebrows.

But yes, Tori looked ....I don't know if I'm all the way on board with "cute," but it was far and away the most flattering look for her during the series' full run.

Agreed Donna looked good in season 4; her clothes are pretty normal too. I also think she looked good in season 10. The red hair was flattering and her wardrobe toned down a little compared to previous years. I don't think her buttcheeks made a single appearance that season!

• Love 5

Today I watched the episode where Steve throws the "rave" at the Peach Pit. I always find it hilarious that there is a long line of people actually waving their fliers and money, begging to be let in. Really? Nothing else going on in town that night?

Also, Andrea wears two particularly matronly outfits this episode. On the first night she is supposed to go out on the town with Jesse (but the sitter cancels), and it looks like she's wearing a band uniform shirt. The next night she finally gets to go to the Peach Pit rave, and she chooses....wait for it.....a pinstripe blazer with shoulder pads. Wardrobe must've been mad at Gabrielle that week.

• Love 2

How they styled Andrea in college is unforgivable.

How they styled her full stop is unforgivable. 

Today I watched the episode where Steve throws the "rave" at the Peach Pit. I always find it hilarious that there is a long line of people actually waving their fliers and money, begging to be let in. Really? Nothing else going on in town that night?

Apparently not or it was the cheapest place or word of mouth is really great. I also remember the other rave when David and Clare use that really old computer. The same episode where Emily had that scary haircut. The fire episode.

The 2nd last episode of that season (5) showed me how much of a jerk Kelly is (and Dylan with his stupid dreams). Poor Brando. Also Donna showing off Ray to Forever VP Teasley and Gil the English Teacher like they care. 

Way to be a jerk Kelly. 

• Love 2

How they styled Andrea in college is unforgivable.

Yeah, they aged her terribly that first year of college. I know GC was always older and it's kind of become a joke about how old she looked, but I thought she could pass for high school most of the time in those first couple years. Wardrobe was usually terrible but he curly hair was cute and youngish. When she went to college though, they got rid of her glasses and curls and it wasn't flattering at all. I do think her hair vastly improved by season 5 though, around the time Jesse was helping the single father. ("He be gone, he be outta here" guy.) Her hair and makeup were pretty, but the wardrobe was still bad.

• Love 2

They are missing because of the music rights...it is so weird to watch the Ray Pruit episodes because he only ever sings the "Worms Crawl In" song in the Halloween episode! All his other songs are either cut or the episode isn't available.

It is so weird! I've been watching on Pop and it's the first time I've seen the Ray storyline without the music and it's bizarre. I mean, I understand when they don't have the rights to play a song over a scene, but you would think if a character is actually singing the song as part of the show it would be allowed to stay in. So how do they do all the PPAD performances? Are they all cut too?

So I'm confused. The episode on Pop today is where they go to the Rolling Stones concert and Donna and Ray are working there, and he starts singing one of his songs, and they actually didn't cut it. So maybe some of Ray's songs have clearance but others don't? Weird. And now I've officially put too much thought into it.

So I'm confused. The episode on Pop today is where they go to the Rolling Stones concert and Donna and Ray are working there, and he starts singing one of his songs, and they actually didn't cut it. So maybe some of Ray's songs have clearance but others don't? Weird. And now I've officially put too much thought into it.

Maybe it depends on him. I don't know

I just watched the episode where Joan and Nat got married, and I had the same exact dress as Joan's daughter. It was red with tiny white flowers. It was from the limited before they tried to become more modern. I worked there when I was in high school.  It was actually my high school graduation dress. I looked up the date of the episode and it was September 1996, I graduated June 1996 :) 

• Love 2

I am rewatching season 6 and there is so much to love in this season! I always notice how fantastic and heavy all the make up is! Especially on Clare- her face can really carry a ton of makeup well. She always had on so much lipstick! Imagine walking around with all that lipstick on all the time?

The episode where Valerie bails out Colin the bail bondsman looks like he could be the Predident of student council CU! Young 20s , preppy and extremely clean cut- he's wearing a sweater vest for Gods sake!

Soup Thrower you can evolve with the right funding!

Hooray

I am rewatching season 6 and there is so much to love in this season! I always notice how fantastic and heavy all the make up is! Especially on Clare- her face can really carry a ton of makeup well. She always had on so much lipstick! Imagine walking around with all that lipstick on all the time?

Clare, Val, Donna, Kelly. I think Susan was the only woman not to get heavy on the makeup that season. 

I agree! But like you mentioned she could really handle it i wonder if it was since all of her features were really small? I think she was really pretty. Actually the college years to the post college years several cast members were beauties (Val, Toni, Gina, Janet).

Hi all! First time poster, but a loyal "Again With This" listener and BH: 90210 fan. I used to post as jackiecarr over at TWoP. 

So I was on Pinterest, and just had this huge revelation that Donna's platinum hair and skimpy wardrobe of next couple seasons is a direct reference to Drew Barrymore's look at time. Now it all makes sense.

IMG_0040.JPG

IMG_0041.JPG

• Love 3

I love Drew B. but even she doesn't look that great with this look.  I was sick a little this weekend and went down a wonderful YouTube rabbit hole. I couldn't remember how Kelly and Brandon break up (with her then choosing me vs. Dylan or Brandon).  I then found some other later season episodes and Tori looks like a mess- especially when they do those quick cuts of her and Jennie Garth.  It was the later seasons when Dylan returns and Kelly basically says either marry me or get lost. 

10 hours ago, CurlyATX said:

I love Drew B. but even she doesn't look that great with this look.  I was sick a little this weekend and went down a wonderful YouTube rabbit hole. I couldn't remember how Kelly and Brandon break up (with her then choosing me vs. Dylan or Brandon).  I then found some other later season episodes and Tori looks like a mess- especially when they do those quick cuts of her and Jennie Garth.  It was the later seasons when Dylan returns and Kelly basically says either marry me or get lost. 

I never got the I Choose Me thing because she cheated on her boyfriend without any regrets with her ex-boyfriend and actually decides to choose between getting hitched to her boyfriend and compared it to a trip with her ex who they always argued. So she picks herself and then gets a new boyfriend. 

Eugh Kelly.

But yes Tori looked pretty weird. 

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 8:51 PM, MCMLXXVII said:

Hi all! First time poster, but a loyal "Again With This" listener and BH: 90210 fan. I used to post as jackiecarr over at TWoP. 

So I was on Pinterest, and just had this huge revelation that Donna's platinum hair and skimpy wardrobe of next couple seasons is a direct reference to Drew Barrymore's look at time. Now it all makes sense.

IMG_0040.JPG

IMG_0041.JPG

I remember her saying in an interview at the time that her hair was an homage to Drew's.  who could blame her?  No one was cooler than Drew in the "Mad Love" days!!!

• Love 4

Oh my god you guys. I was just setting up my spreadsheet to track the season 6 winners and losers and omg I forgot what lies ahead in season six! I'm both horrified and excited. Also Nancy's Choice is a gross title for the episode where Brandon gets to be gross about reproductive rights. ALSO also, Elle? We didn't "never see her again" because she's back in that episode as well! Fun! Also coke fiend Kelly will forever be my favorite version of Kelly. 

• Love 5
On 12/22/2016 at 1:01 AM, Maherjunkie said:

How so?  You mean strictly the husband stealing thing?

She brags a lot about her abilities and life, complains about everything/constant victim even in minor social situations, puts people down or gives back handed compliments, and is insincere.  This is just my opinion and you'd have to read them to decide but she sounds like a needy unhappy person with a lot of issues she projects. A performer doesn't have to be bff material or a role model to like their work though, Major League is my 3rd favorite movie and I like Charlie Sheen so whatever. He may be a better actor than Tori (talk about damning w/ faint praise) but you get my point.  

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

She brags a lot about her abilities and life, complains about everything/constant victim even in minor social situations, puts people down or gives back handed compliments, and is insincere.  This is just my opinion and you'd have to read them to decide but she sounds like a needy unhappy person with a lot of issues she projects. A performer doesn't have to be bff material or a role model to like their work though, Major League is my 3rd favorite movie and I like Charlie Sheen so whatever. He may be a better actor than Tori (talk about damning w/ faint praise) but you get my point.  

Considering how amazing Charlie Sheen was in Wall Street, I'll give him the nod as better actor. 

16 hours ago, Lisin said:

Oh my god you guys. I was just setting up my spreadsheet to track the season 6 winners and losers and omg I forgot what lies ahead in season six! I'm both horrified and excited. Also Nancy's Choice is a gross title for the episode where Brandon gets to be gross about reproductive rights. ALSO also, Elle? We didn't "never see her again" because she's back in that episode as well! Fun! Also coke fiend Kelly will forever be my favorite version of Kelly. 

Oh god S6. The first half was great and the middle and then crap. The worst part of the season was sitting through Donna's dumb Rose Princess crap.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Lisin said:

I've been watching season 6 over the past few days.  I didn't realize that so many of the iconic/memorable storylines were a part of this season: coke head Kelly, stalker Tara, Ginger, Dylan and Toni/Tony Marchette, the Donna, Ray, Joe court triangle, Colin's high speed chase....I guess thats what happens when there are 30 freaking episodes every season.  

• Love 5
11 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

Dylan and Toni/Tony Marchette

The One Wedding and a Funeral episode is so sad.  LP pulled off the angst there in spades.  I'm sure the replacement music will be horrendous, but when they originally played the song about "Nobody Knows Me Like My Baby" and he's holding her wedding dress after she was shot was just heart-wrenching.

• Love 9
On 2/10/2017 at 11:39 PM, luckyroll3 said:

Almost through season 7 and I'm very confused as to why Mark moved out of his own house.

I think it was his dad's house and he was renting it? But it's still stupid. I know they wanted to write the actor off pretty quickly, and they did a poor job of it! Sudden change of personality, and he moved out of his house yet David is still there, right? Anyway, I remember reading an article that said Jennie didn't like the actor so they wrote him off.

I'm watching on Pop and I'm also in season 7, when Tom Miller arrives. I always thought Tom was hot. I wish when Valerie came back for the series finale he was with her and they were happy. I will just pretend they were!

I noticed Pop skipped the Christmas episode where Val and Kelly have to buy presents for each other. Weird. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, allicatexp said:

Oh god. On Pop TV is the episode where Donna is the fashion/weather girl at the tv station. She is unbearable to watch. The mugging and "stuff" is so overdone.

Which leads to another one of her dumb storylines....her stalker.

• Love 2

You guys! Donna is just really attractive and perfect! It's not her fault she attracts multiple stalkers and crazy rapists! She's just that special! (/sarcasm)

• Love 4
On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 1:39 PM, desertflower said:

I'm watching on Pop and I'm also in season 7, when Tom Miller arrives. I always thought Tom was hot. I wish when Valerie came back for the series finale he was with her and they were happy. I will just pretend they were!

Me too!  This is what happens in my world.  And maybe Nana and Brandon finally hook up.

• Love 1

What I don't understand is why Brandon couldn't come back for the last episode if he was still producing and involved with the show. He showed up on the video so it made no sense.

After season 7 this show goes very down hill. Noah's character is pretty annoying and gina is unbearable.

4 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

What I don't understand is why Brandon couldn't come back for the last episode if he was still producing and involved with the show. He showed up on the video so it made no sense.

After season 7 this show goes very down hill. Noah's character is pretty annoying and gina is unbearable.

There was an interview with one of the producers posted a while back, and I remember he said that after he left Jason wasn't involved at all; his producer credit was just a contractual thing. But agreed, it would've been nice if he had shown up in person, and Brenda too. A return of the whole Walsh family would've been a great way to end the show. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Yeah but she was doing Charmed at the time...and I remember people did think it was funny that she went back to working for Spelling on Charmed, but not go back and do the 90210 finale...I do remember in an interview with Shannon at the time, one reason she did give was not knowing where Brenda would be 6 or 7 years later (figuratively, not literally, I don't remember the exact quote).

Edited by AndySmith
  • Love 2
On March 6, 2017 at 4:04 PM, AndySmith said:

Shannon was asked to come back for the finale, but she declined.

IIRC, the excuse was that she was directing the season finale of Charmed at the time too. AFAIC, her absence was more felt on the Charmed series finale (not even photos on the wall?) than 90210, which had moved far from the original nucleus of the Walsh family by the end.

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 6:59 PM, Moxie Cat said:

IIRC, the excuse was that she was directing the season finale of Charmed at the time too. AFAIC, her absence was more felt on the Charmed series finale (not even photos on the wall?) than 90210, which had moved far from the original nucleus of the Walsh family by the end.

Agreed.  And the fact that when Prue died she was just "gone" didn't fit w/the story (I know Shannen quit.)

When their mom & grams died, they were still able to "come back" & "visit" from time to time, but Prue never did.

25 minutes ago, Uncle JUICE said:

What season do Nat and that knucklehead fauc-rich kid theymeet in hawaii who finally, FINALLY puts the pipe to Pricness Donna happen? Is that 7?

Having trouble following your question. But I'm watching the end of 7 now and they haven't been to Hawaii yet. I think that's season 8. Donna finally sleeps with David at the end of 7. 

23 minutes ago, desertflower said:

Having trouble following your question. But I'm watching the end of 7 now and they haven't been to Hawaii yet. I think that's season 8. Donna finally sleeps with David at the end of 7. 

Sorry, once you're past the Claire years and into the"Beverly Blaze" area, I kind of get foggy on the details. That guy in Hawaii, I forget his name, but he only has one facial expression. And one season comes along where the opening credits have Joe E Tata in them, I remember watching that season premiere and thinking "This isn't a good sign."

• Love 1