Type keyword(s) to search

The Great Indoors - General Discussion

• Start Topic

34 minutes ago, SmithW6079 said:

This show has grown on me. I still have trouble with Joel McHale as a muscular, macho explorer, but I've come to enjoy the group of coworkers. I didn't care for Brooke at first (the character seemed useless), but she's really come into her own. I think showing she had a mean-girl past helped, and she's had some nice, bitchy interactions with Mason.

I know they're pushing Jack and Brooke, but I'm not opposed to it, although there seems to be a bit of an age gap. As funny as I'm finding her fiance, she definitely has more chemistry with Jack than with Paul.

Clark and Emma, however -- while I enjoy the characters separately, their kiss leave me completely cold. Clark has more chemistry with Jack or even Emma's ex-boyfriend than he does with her.

Agree on all points!

Was that Jon Cryer that randomly appeared during this episode? It happened so fast. I was expecting it to be the employee from the first half of the season who was always in a tent or scuba gear. (They've ignored him, unless I mentioned a resolution to that thread.)

Of all the new, "classic sitcom" shows this season that I've watched - Great Indoors, Man with a Plan, American Housewife, Kevin Can Wait - this one is by far the best and has the most potential. If it's renewed I'd like to see some small cast changes, and for them to add a little variety to their locales.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(edited)

Of course it's cancelled because I like it ! I was pretty sure they were going to do it, but still..

Poor Clark wasn't the only one who had a crush on Emma, I did too ! Check out her pictures for a GQ shoot she did, boy did they dress her down on the show ! Compared to these, at least.

Edited by willco
misspell
  • Love 1
On 5/12/2017 at 6:45 PM, ae2 said:

Agree on all points!

Was that Jon Cryer that randomly appeared during this episode? It happened so fast. I was expecting it to be the employee from the first half of the season who was always in a tent or scuba gear. (They've ignored him, unless I mentioned a resolution to that thread.)

Of all the new, "classic sitcom" shows this season that I've watched - Great Indoors, Man with a Plan, American Housewife, Kevin Can Wait - this one is by far the best and has the most potential. If it's renewed I'd like to see some small cast changes, and for them to add a little variety to their locales.

Oh Lord, Man With A Plan and Kevin Can Wait are so bad, and yet this gets cancelled?!

it needed some re-tooling:  get rid of Brooke, Paul & Eddie (or less Eddie), bring back Rachel.  But it vastly improved, and Stephen & Joel are great together.

5 minutes ago, roamyn said:

Oh Lord, Man With A Plan and Kevin Can Wait are so bad, and yet this gets cancelled?!

it needed some re-tooling:  get rid of Brooke, Paul & Eddie (or less Eddie), bring back Rachel.  But it vastly improved, and Stephen & Joel are great together.

I don't understand people's taste in comedies at all.  I heard Superior Donuts also got another season.  None of which I watch.  I enjoyed this,  

So I guess you can blame me.

On 5/15/2017 at 8:29 AM, Chaos Theory said:

I don't understand people's taste in comedies at all.  I heard Superior Donuts also got another season.  None of which I watch.  I enjoyed this,  

So I guess you can blame me.

I enjoy "Superior Donuts," which has a good ensemble cast that tries to tackle serious issues. I also liked "Great Indoors," much of the humor was limited to "social media clueless old folks (35+)" and "ignorant millenials."

I enjoy "Man With a Plan" too. It's an old school sitcom, but Matt LeBlanc is pleasant to watch.

Sitcoms are not a zero-sum game.

I just finished watching the final episode. I'm so sad we're not getting  a second season. I NEED more Clark and Emma. And I need to see Emma and Jack get together again. I guess we never will :(.

• Love 1