Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E12: A Roy Rogers in Franconia

9 hours ago, Roseanna said:

Elizabeth told Paige about her childhood in Smolensk and how people stuck together during WW2. Now, as she said that she was two when the war ended, so she had own memories of it but have just got the Soviet official war myth. 

I always found it funny that Elizabeth said things like that and she herself thinks you should sacrifice for others...and yet the other basic truth of her life that she tends to repeat is that no one will help you. Her mother teaches her that in her very first flashback in In Control and when she talks about taking care of her mother when she was sick she says nobody helped her. 

It makes sense to me. It's just interesting that she herself never tries to work through the two conflicting ideas and how they work together or don't.

5 hours ago, Roseanna said:

I think P & E made a mistake when they told Paige such details that Philip was fetching "a part of arm" to help the Soviet army. Not only because that would have alerted most people to inform FBI (although surprisingly not Paige), but also that one should never tell any secret matters to anybody who haven't a right to know it. What one doesn't know, one can't tell anybody or reveal without realizing it. 

That was definitely one moment where I thought they could have just said, "Paige, you don't have security clearance."

• Love 3

I realize it’s kind of pointless to comment now since the series is over but I’m binge watching for the first time and if I had been watching it live, here’s what I would have said:

I think Arkady and Oleg were both very concerned when Tatania showed up and were working together to figure out what her secret mission was.  When Oleg finally got a clue, they were both horrified.  Arkady tried to get a message to Gaad in Thailand, figuring Gaad could get word back to the FBI.  When that plan went south, it was up to Oleg.  He knew he was taking extreme risks giving info to Stan, so called his mother as a potential good-bye.  The only thing I’m not sure of is if Oleg’s father was also in the scheme, having become disillusioned with Soviet leadership.

i don’t want to be spoiled - maybe my analysis will be confirmed, maybe not.  I will find out soon enough!

• Love 5