Type keyword(s) to search

Season 7

• Start Topic

On 6/13/2020 at 4:19 PM, cleo said:

As for the kissing being so lame- my understanding is it was bc the actors did not like one another. 

This is what I was going to say too. As unhappy as most of us LL fans were with season 7, those two were probably happy with having so few scenes together.

• Love 2
On 6/22/2020 at 8:54 AM, FictionLover said:

This is what I was going to say too. As unhappy as most of us LL fans were with season 7, those two were probably happy with having so few scenes together.

I think one of the things I like about their relationship is that they are a sincere couple and friends and it isn't all based on kissing and public displays of affection--but they have enough of them to make it seem real.  I love the little moments of caring they do throughout their relationship--such as in season 6 the episode I saw last night they were on the porch after Richard dropped off the dollhouse.  Luke was listening to everything Lorelai said and kept touching her hair and doing things like that -- it was very sweet.  

• Love 7

These scenes in season 7 with Christopher and Lorelai are beyond boring.  You have to laugh that a couple that was actually interesting was broken up for this.  Good fast forward material.  

• Love 2
13 hours ago, alexa said:

These scenes in season 7 with Christopher and Lorelai are beyond boring.  You have to laugh that a couple that was actually interesting was broken up for this.  Good fast forward material.  

I don't even watch them. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I don't even watch them. 

I get it. I used to force myself to do it, but every time even when I didn't mind they were together, they are just SO BORING.  I mean her and Luke are like a super exciting couple in comparison because at least they had funny conversations.  So now with the nice feature to see who is in the scene as you fast forward, I can skip all of the L/C scenes and just watch the other parts until L/C break up.  lol

• Love 2

Yea, Christopher and Lorelai broke up finally!  lol!  I can watch all of the scenes again.  🙂  I will say, I actually like Season 7...there are so many good character moments thrown in that seem to go back to how things were before they messed some things up in Season 6.  There are some great moments with Lane, her mom, Sookie, Michel, Luke, etc, etc.  I am looking forward to the post L/C scenes to finish up my rewatch.

• Love 4

Thoughts on Rory after she had the interview in Rhode Island?  I get wanting to keep your options open, but it annoyed me how she just assumed she would have all of these options and took that offer for granted.  It was especially annoying listening to her go on and on about it with Lorelai and Logan walking through Stars Hollow.  Sometimes Rory just drives me nuts.  This is also why I get annoyed when the writers make her look confident in situations that don’t really fit her personality or skills...because much of the time she isn’t very savvy.  

• Love 3

Rewatch complete.  She’d some tears in the last episode.  I loved the sweet Richard Gilmore comments, and of course the party, Luke, and the ending scene.  I do really think the writers got things back on track once Christopher was out of the way.  Many good Stars Hollow moments, along with the end of Yale, Gilmores, etc.  

• Love 4
13 hours ago, alexa said:

Rewatch complete.  She’d some tears in the last episode.  I loved the sweet Richard Gilmore comments, and of course the party, Luke, and the ending scene.  I do really think the writers got things back on track once Christopher was out of the way.  Many good Stars Hollow moments, along with the end of Yale, Gilmores, etc.  

I felt the same way except for the part of Richard's sweet little confession, I wanted to smack Emily's face right off her head. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I felt the same way except for the part of Richard's sweet little confession, I wanted to smack Emily's face right off her head. 

I know, so annoying!  And she also did that kind of thing when Richard was trying to help Lorelai get to enjoy Rory's graduation.  Well at least he had some nice moments in there in that last season.  I had forgotten about the one at the party so it was nice to see and I am glad he didn't let Emily completely ruin the moment and went through with it anyway.

• Love 3

So often we have mentioned recycled stories in  Season 7 and I just noticed another one that I haven’t heard. When Luke went to Lorelai to elope he told her about the car crashing through his dinner. He said said their is a giant hole in my dinner. Lorelai had a giant hole in her bedroom in season 6. Just thought it was funny.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, FictionLover said:

So often we have mentioned recycled stories in  Season 7 and I just noticed another one that I haven’t heard. When Luke went to Lorelai to elope he told her about the car crashing through his dinner. He said said their is a giant hole in my dinner. Lorelai had a giant hole in her bedroom in season 6. Just thought it was funny.

The fact that after that crash through the dinner that Luke didn't take a tire iron to both Taylor and Kirk was stupid. I'm sorry that would have been me, they would have never found the bodies. 

• Love 7

Okay, so this has been a terrible terrible week and I climbed on the treadmill with my remote in one hand with my finger poised over the “mute” button and the other hand mostly covering my eyes...and just when I was relaxing a bit and loving how much Michel was loving the cotillion and how much Paris was loving her Stalinist SAT bootcamp....

CHRISTOPHER. In Lorelai’s kitchen telling her he loves her and trying to feed a dog key lime pie and both of those things were so very very wrong and I screamed, “SHUT UP, CHRISTOPHER” for probably the 78th time since Season One and I hit the off button and had to go eat M&Ms until I felt better. Which kinda negates the whole point of the treadmill.

Gawdamighty. I HATE that guy.

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Okay, so this has been a terrible terrible week and I climbed on the treadmill with my remote in one hand with my finger poised over the “mute” button and the other hand mostly covering my eyes...and just when I was relaxing a bit and loving how much Michel was loving the cotillion and how much Paris was loving her Stalinist SAT bootcamp....

CHRISTOPHER. In Lorelai’s kitchen telling her he loves her and trying to feed a dog key lime pie and both of those things were so very very wrong and I screamed, “SHUT UP, CHRISTOPHER” for probably the 78th time since Season One and I hit the off button and had to go eat M&Ms until I felt better. Which kinda negates the whole point of the treadmill.

Gawdamighty. I HATE that guy.

You and me both Sister Sledge. Every time I hear "Lor?" I want to throw my tv out the window.

• Love 4

Also “kiddo.” 🤮🤮🤮

And you KNOW the only reason he called Rory to have dinner with him was to get to Lorelai. He is SLIME. Yet somehow neither Lorelai nor Rory ever seems to be able to retain that fact for longer than roughly half an episode.

SLIME!!!!!

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Also “kiddo.” 🤮🤮🤮

And you KNOW the only reason he called Rory to have dinner with him was to get to Lorelai. He is SLIME. Yet somehow neither Lorelai nor Rory ever seems to be able to retain that fact for longer than roughly half an episode.

SLIME!!!!!

The season improves a lot after a certain story is over. Hang in there and fast forward as needed for a few episodes.  Lol

• Love 3

May I just say that Episode 7.4 is quite possibly the worst episode of this entire desperately crappy era of GG and if you put April, the two ditzes from the art show, and Christopher all in the same room, 85% of the terrible acting of all time would be contained in a single location we could then put guards around and save humanity. (If it weren’t for Emily getting arrested I might have thrown something heavy at my television. Note to self: maybe remove hand weights from treadmill location next time.)

Can we please please please have April turn out to be Christopher’s kid? After all, everyone else is...

• LOL 4
On 6/22/2020 at 5:54 AM, FictionLover said:

I’m sorry, but they’re ACTORS. Their job is to, you know, ACT stuff. And maybe it’s just me, but I’m thinking that even I, NOT AN ACTOR, could figure out a way to look enthusiastic about kissing Scott Patterson. Just a hunch. 🙄

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

I’m sorry, but they’re ACTORS. Their job is to, you know, ACT stuff. And maybe it’s just me, but I’m thinking that even I, NOT AN ACTOR, could figure out a way to look enthusiastic about kissing Scott Patterson. Just a hunch. 🙄

Yeah, I think I could dig down deep and find the strength to act like I liked canoodling with Scott Patterson I t would be a sacrifice, I know.🙄

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

Just started Season 7 (Yawn...). oh sorry.

Rolling my eyes at Lorelai with Christopher.  Really?  It's like the same people just brought back and then sent away and then brushed off and brought back.

April is still here!!  Go away little girl..and take your mother with you.

I see Lorelai with Christoper has taken a chunk of her maturity.  She's acting like a baby again.  

I have to admit Luke is so boring without Lorelai.  But then again he was never exciting anyway.

I'm perplexed at Lane being pregnant and not liking sex.

Emily in jail made me giggle.

I thought fore sure Christopher and Sherry were getting back together.  All of a sudden she's back in the picture. 

P.S. I've noticed that throughout the whole 7 seasons Lorelai and Rory get jealous even if they are not with the guy I.e. Dean when she broke it off, Jess with that blonde girl, Logan's colleague, Luke when she was dating Max, Christopher... the list goes on and on.  Do they think they deserve all of the guys?  (just ranting here)

Edited by NYGirl
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, NYGirl said:

I'm perplexed at Lane being pregnant and not liking sex.

Yeah, I could've done without the 'pregnant on the first time' thing (even though I didn't mind the pregnancy storyline as a whole). I chalk it up to the new writer trying to hit the right quirky notes. I'm willing to cut him some slack. As far as not enjoying it, @peacheslatour is exactly right. They did it in probably the worst way possible, LOL. Although not really enjoying the first time that much is certainly not unrealistic, especially when you've waited and built up such expectation for it.

Emily in jail made me giggle.

That was hilarious!!

Do they think they deserve all of the guys?

Um, yes? LOLOL

• Love 3
1 hour ago, chessiegal said:

Curious @NYGirl if you've noticed a difference in pace. The Palladinos crammed so much in one episode because of the scripts being twice as long as a normal hour show. I think the actors appreciated the ability to breathe in Season 7.

I do notice the pace and now I'm used to the frenzied pace and the episodes seem a little boring?  

I do notice that Lorelai went back to acting immature though.  She's definitely getting on my nerves while they are in Paris.  You can't wait an hour or 2 to eat?  

OMG they got married??  Lorelai committed??????  I'm shocked.

Edited by NYGirl
  • Love 2
38 minutes ago, NYGirl said:

OMG they got married??  Lorelai committed??????  I'm shocked.

Yeah, those of us who knew the stories were all waiting with baited breath for your reaction.

As I recall at the time, mine was a bit WTF??????

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

Yeah, those of us who knew the stories were all waiting with baited breath for your reaction.

As I recall at the time, mine was a bit WTF??????

I do feel like they were being so selfish in not waiting for Rory to be there.

I guess Christopher was the one for her since she actually went through with it. 

Of course she didn't tell her parents or Luke..poor Luke had to find out at the hospital where he took his wretched pain in the ass daughter

I'm patiently waiting for Emily's reaction.

• Love 2

Okay, opinions needed...

I am running low on GG episodes and honestly after I finally finish them all I have no idea how I am going to bribe myself onto the treadmill. (Suggestions welcomed.) 

However, as I have made quite clear in my usual subtle, understated way, I loathe Christopher to an extent that is almost indescribable. I hate his stupid hair. I hate how he only has one facial expression...various minor adjustments to “continual smirk.” I hate how much the Gilmores adore him...never mind that whole ignoring their granddaughter for her first fifteen years thing. I hate that Lorelai’s brains leak out of her ears bit by bit every time she’s around him. I do NOT think he’s charming. Or funny. Or handsome. I think he’s a rich punk asshole and every time he says “Lor” I gag. Repeatedly.

So other than the utter bullshit that was “Jess Goes to Hollywood In Pathetic Attempt To Get His Own Show,” I have never skipped an episode in its entirety. However, I have read enough about episode 7.7 (aka two morons take a toddler to Paris and promptly forget she ever existed while canoodling nonstop) to know that it may induce projectile vomiting, because Christopher. Much too much Christopher. Meaning any, of course, but this sounds like a freaking Chrisapalooza in Hell. 

Should I skip it, knowing what happens and ultimately, unhappens? Or are there enough redeeming moments to make the vomiting worthwhile?

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Okay, opinions needed...

I am running low on GG episodes and honestly after I finally finish them all I have no idea how I am going to bribe myself onto the treadmill. (Suggestions welcomed.) 

However, as I have made quite clear in my usual subtle, understated way, I loathe Christopher to an extent that is almost indescribable. I hate his stupid hair. I hate how he only has one facial expression...various minor adjustments to “continual smirk.” I hate how much the Gilmores adore him...never mind that whole ignoring their granddaughter for her first fifteen years thing. I hate that Lorelai’s brains leak out of her ears bit by bit every time she’s around him. I do NOT think he’s charming. Or funny. Or handsome. I think he’s a rich punk asshole and every time he says “Lor” I gag. Repeatedly.

So other than the utter bullshit that was “Jess Goes to Hollywood In Pathetic Attempt To Get His Own Show,” I have never skipped an episode in its entirety. However, I have read enough about episode 7.7 (aka two morons take a toddler to Paris and promptly forget she ever existed while canoodling nonstop) to know that it may induce projectile vomiting, because Christopher. Much too much Christopher. Meaning any, of course, but this sounds like a freaking Chrisapalooza in Hell. 

Should I skip it, knowing what happens and ultimately, unhappens? Or are there enough redeeming moments to make the vomiting worthwhile?

Stick with it. 

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Okay, opinions needed...

I'm not sure.  If you like a lot of Christopher and Lorelai waking up in the middle of the night trying to find a restaurant fun then go right ahead.  The secondary story is Luke along with April who gets sick and yells that he's a mean father or something like that.  Then we have Rory with her 2 artsy "friends" staying in Stars Hollow for a weekend. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Okay, opinions needed...

I hate Christopher so much and for the reasons you listed. None of the Gilmores should treat him the way they do. He's a crappy person who is always acting crappy. The one thing you didn't mention that I also hate about Christopher is how he treats Rory. He has no interest in her or cares about her unless its to use her to get something he wants Lorelai or Sherry. The phone calls and visits in season two? They only happened because he was dating Sherry who was interested in Rory. I love the scene in Haunted Leg when Rory yells at him because the idiot thinks Lorelai is keeping her from him. As if Rory couldn't possibly be pissed all on her own for breaking his promise to her AND racing back to be a dad to someone else while never once being one to her. But then of course they don't do anything with it. A couple months later everything is magically fixed. 

Edited by andromeda331
  • Love 4

So now Lorelai is being a pain about planning the wedding party when just a couple of months ago she was gung ho on making wedding plans?  And being so damn annoying about it.  I don't even think she knows what she wants. 

Don't get me started on Marty.  Why is he there?  Why doesn't he like Rory?

And I'm glad Logan got mad at her mean spirited article about his party.  I don't think Rory has a filter when she writes articles.

Christopher is a blah

Luke finally grew a pair and yelled at bitchface Anna about their annoying daughter.  Riddle me this...Anna didn't like Lorelai running her kid's party yet she's ok with Luke getting Lane to babysit her while he has a date with Coach Vegan.  BTW April is very loud and obnoxious.  I guess that's the end of them...good riddance.

And..I haven't touched on this before but I hate Liz and TJ.  Go away.

So business as usual with Rory not mentioning she knows Marty to Lucy and now she loses her only friends.  She deserves to have Paris as her only friend.

And Christopher and Luke meet in the middle of the park for a rumble!  Poor Christmas tree.

BTW Jackson is such a whiner...God...shut up.  He deserves Sookie.

P.S.  I have a developmentally disabled daughter,  So for the first 5 seasons she was happily in her room knitting and watching her Disney shows.  My soon to be divorced 43 year old son has been staying with us til he gets an apartment so he gets stuck watching with me.  He's very vocal and hates everybody on the show yet..he's strangely drawn to it when I'm watching and when he gets home I need to tell him what he missed.  He's very opinionated too.. sort of like his crotchety mother.  Anyway...my daughter was watching while on a snack run yesterday and now I can't pull her away.  The only downside is the millions of questions she asks me.  She's 37...probably the right age that would have enjoyed this show on it's first run.  No?

Edited by NYGirl
  • Love 5

Season 7 is far better than Season 6 IMO (even with the Christopher storyline) so I vote stick it out. Don't bother with the Revival though, for real. It made even the most die hard of us fans almost rage quit the entire show.

• Love 3

Aww... There were parts of the revival I enjoyed. Now if you didn't know Amy and Dan wrote it, you'd think someone else did. The revival was like a parody of the original show. It was almost surreal. Made me wonder what they were smoking.

• Love 4

So Emily was right in her little speech about marriage.

I didn't think they'd go the route of the old sitcom trope, especially Frasier) of misunderstanding but there they went. 

But..as I tell my kids "I'm always right" when I said Lorelai using the lie of omission so many times will come back to bite her.  Christopher is an ass.  My daughter and I knew that Christopher was going to come to the hospital just as Luke was there.  Well when my daughter says "oh no" when watching a show..I know she's hip to what's going to happen.

I'm glad Luke won his case.  With that beautiful reference there was no way he was going to lose.

Wow last episode we found out Sookie is pregnant and now she looks ready to pop.  

Well everybody got their wish... Christopher gone...

I was looking forward to the revival...I'm not ready to finish yet 😞.   I told my son today maybe I should move on to Dawsons Creek and he laughed at me and told me that show jumped the shark in season 2.  

• Love 2
5 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I just meant don't give up the show. I never watch the Christopher episodes. There is more good stuff to come though.

Its definitely much easier to watch skipping those. The only moment I don't skip is Luke punching Christopher in the face. I like to rewind and watch it a few times before moving on.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

The only moment I don't skip is Luke punching Christopher in the face. I like to rewind and watch it a few times before moving on.  

That moment is glorious. I don't detest Chris the way many do, in fact I'm usually in the role of Chris apologist, but he deserved every bit of that punch. 

Remember people being so upset when it happened, though? As though Luke had gone over and taken a baseball bat to him and left him almost dead. *rolls eyes*

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, Taryn74 said:

That moment is glorious. I don't detest Chris the way many do, in fact I'm usually in the role of Chris apologist, but he deserved every bit of that punch. 

Remember people being so upset when it happened, though? As though Luke had gone over and taken a baseball bat to him and left him almost dead. *rolls eyes*

I remember. It was crazy. Christopher deserved a lot more for the crap he's pulled. I'd rather it be Rory and Lorelai punching him. But I'll take what I can.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

I remember. It was crazy. Christopher deserved a lot more for the crap he's pulled. I'd rather it be Rory and Lorelai punching him. But I'll take what I can.

I wrote a fan fiction years ago that in Luke's head he punched him about three more times and left him on the ground. The landlord (who is a woman) sees him asking to help him up and she kicks him in the middle of the crotch twice and says: "Your rent is late and you are a lousy father and you act like my ex-husband when it comes to sex because that's all you cared about." Then leaves, followed by Luke just punching him like shown then gets to his truck and goes: "I should have went with my gut and not held back... where's Taylor and Kirk?"

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

So we finished last night.  I'm still processing (in the words of Zack).  

I feel bad for Logan.  He was really good to Rory.  Plus I thought the stupid "crush" on Richard's replacement was confusing and then she told Logan about it.  Headscratcher.

Lorelai handled Mrs. Kim beautifully.  Sometimes she really impresses me.

I'm glad things ended pretty good with Emily and Richard.  Emily was a little OTT this season.  I think she was right about the spa though.

Anyway I thought Rory should have gone with Logan.  She didn't have to get married so soon.

Luke was cute planning the party for Rory but I found it amazing that the whole town came.  Was she the only kid the town felt that way about?

It ends with a kiss??  That's it?  No wedding or anything?

My daughter loves Lorelai..she kept saying "cute" and laughing at everything she said.

Edited by NYGirl
  • Love 6
14 minutes ago, NYGirl said:

I feel bad for Logan.  He was really good to Rory.

I agree. I came to really like him in S7. I know a lot of people thought he was out of line for considering Rory's rejection of a marriage proposal to be an end to their relationship, but honestly I could see his side more than hers. He wasn't expecting you to stay barefoot and pregnant, Rory. Geez. No reason for marriage to make you feel "tied down" in this day and age.

ETA - I do realize that "being Mrs. Huntzberger" would be a huge responsibility even if Rory wasn't expected to be a corporate wife in the same vein as Emily or Shira, and maybe that's what was putting Rory off, but as I recall she didn't even touch on that when she told Logan no. If that was supposed to be a deciding factor, IMO it didn't come through. She just sounded like she wasn't ready to settle down.

Have you decided if you're going to watch the Revival? Honestly I think there's a continuation and conclusion to some things you would like, and other things you would hate (as do we all, LOL).

Edited by Taryn74
  • Love 3

I feel bad for Logan. 

And different strokes and all but I thought Richie Rich did exactly what I expected he would do as an entitled brat - throw a tantrum when he didn't get exactly what he wanted and stomp off like a toddler ruining one of the biggest events in the life of someone he supposedly loved.  Rory had just graduated from college with a world of possibilities in front of her but, no, it was all about him.  I found him to be a selfish little brat.

There was absolutely no reason for that ultimatum.  Give Rory a chance to get a real job, see and do things she'd worked for through college.  It smacked of the 50's when women went to college for their MRS degree and were only meant to immediately marry after graduation and serve the Lord and Master.

Not that I am a huge Rory fan but she was only 21 for heaven's sake.

Awaiting your assessment after seeing the revival.

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

And different strokes and all but I thought Richie Rich did exactly what I expected he would do as an entitled brat - throw a tantrum when he didn't get exactly what he wanted and stomp off like a toddler ruining one of the biggest events in the life of someone he supposedly loved.  Rory had just graduated from college with a world of possibilities in front of her but, no, it was all about him.  I found him to be a selfish little brat.

There was absolutely no reason for that ultimatum.  Give Rory a chance to get a real job, see and do things she'd worked for through college.  It smacked of the 50's when women went to college for their MRS degree and were only meant to immediately marry after graduation and serve the Lord and Master.

Not that I am a huge Rory fan but she was only 21 for heaven's sake.

Awaiting your assessment after seeing the revival.

Yes to all of this. Not only that but can you imagine what the Huntzbergers would be like as in laws? And if she ever had a son, hoo boy, look out.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, NYGirl said:

Anyway I thought Rory should have gone with Logan.  She didn't have to get married so soon.

Luke was cute planning the party for Rory but I found it amazing that the whole town came.  Was she the only kid the town felt that way about?

It ends with a kiss??  That's it?  No wedding or anything?

Honestly, how often did Rory make a good decision? As far as I can tell, she can study. That's it. Translating her learnings into real life decisions was very hard for her.

The party was another "Rory is our golden child" in spite of breaking up a marriage, wrecking a car, and abandoning the town that treated her like a princess. No wonder Dean moved away (possible spoiler if you haven't finished AYITL yet.)

Luke's contribution of the party was another in a long line of (voluntary) servitude to the Gilmores.  For a showrunner who apparently didn't know the last four words, Rosenthal did a lousy job of happy endings for everyone. 

Edited by junienmomo
  • Love 2

Luke's contribution of the party was another in a long line of (voluntary) servitude to the Gilmores.  For a showrunner who apparently didn't know the last four words, Rosenthal did a lousy job of happy endings for everyone. 

I did like his "I just like to see you happy." That's exactly how a man in love speaks. At least in my experience.

• Love 6