Type keyword(s) to search

Season 7

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, ChlcGirl said:

The writers felt that TJ alone wasn't fulfilling the obnoxious factor?  That's all I got.

LOL and them going on and on about "Boyfriend" and Rory doesn't think to ask what his name is all that time?

Lucy and Olivia could have been fun.  They were just too obnoxiously juvenile IMO.  That 'Boyfriend!' crap was something I expected out of Rory's peers in S1 or S2, not out of a college senior.  I liked the idea of Rory having actual college friends other than Paris, but they went the wrong direction with L/O.  (I don't really consider the LDB her friends.)

• Love 8
17 minutes ago, Taryn74 said:

Lucy and Olivia could have been fun.  They were just too obnoxiously juvenile IMO.  That 'Boyfriend!' crap was something I expected out of Rory's peers in S1 or S2, not out of a college senior.  I liked the idea of Rory having actual college friends other than Paris, but they went the wrong direction with L/O.  (I don't really consider the LDB her friends.)

Pretty sure if one of my friends just referred to her boyfriend as 'Boyfriend' I'd mock her endlessly, and ask doesn't 'Boyfriend' have a name?

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, lulu1960 said:

Pretty sure if one of my friends just referred to her boyfriend as 'Boyfriend' I'd mock her endlessly, and ask doesn't 'Boyfriend' have a name?

Seriously.  My daughter (who turns 18 in a couple of months) would too.

• Love 1

Seeing lucy and olivia makes me miss Louise and Madeline in the earlier seasons.  i think the show realized there was a void..and plopped these two in without giving thought to character development.

I have to say Ive watched a few episodes and I think the writing is still good....different..but still good.

• Love 2

My theory on Lucy and Olivia is that one or more of the writing staff wanted Rory to have more than one college friend but the Palladinos kept saying no.  Then, when they left, they pitched the friends story again and got a yes.  If they'd been introduced in, say, season 5 when Rory starts to branch out a bit more they probably would have fit a bit better since we'd have more time to get to know them.

• Love 6
29 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

My theory on Lucy and Olivia is that one or more of the writing staff wanted Rory to have more than one college friend but the Palladinos kept saying no.  Then, when they left, they pitched the friends story again and got a yes.  If they'd been introduced in, say, season 5 when Rory starts to branch out a bit more they probably would have fit a bit better since we'd have more time to get to know them.

Or if they wouldn't decided to dump Rory and Paris's roommates after building them up all season and then have no one at all during season 6. Then it would have avoided Lucy and Olivia being thrown in all together. 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, scarynikki12 said:

The sad thing is that they didn't have to bring in two new random girls to be Rory's friends. All they had to do was get a couple of the people from the newspaper that we've seen. I actually was rooting for some of them to get more screentime in the last season, and it would have made perfect sense. Instead, they got dropped as soon as Rory finished her job at the newspaper and we got Lucy and Olivia as her close friends. It's not that Rory can't make friends in her last year of college. I know when I was in my last year of university, I made some new friends. It's just that for television, it's just...odd and misplaced, especially when they get more scenes with Rory than Lane. 

• Love 2

I actually like that Rory made friends with people outside the paper.  I think it was long overdue that Rory expand her circle and meet people who did not approach life like she did and had different interests.  But I also agree with the poster above that it should have happened before season 7 and a bit late in the day for us to get to know or care about them.

• Love 4

Before Logan left Rory seemed to spend all of her time hanging out with his friends, who she seemed to have nothing in common with.  It would have been nice to see her sooner with new friends that she picked out for herself.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, shron17 said:

Before Logan left Rory seemed to spend all of her time hanging out with his friends, who she seemed to have nothing in common with.  It would have been nice to see her sooner with new friends that she picked out for herself.

I have a hard time naming anyone who has things in common with Rory except Jess. Lane and she seemed to be friends more by sharing a school than anything else. Paris was more like a colleague or teammate than a friend, even after the supposed friendship was presumed in college. It makes me wonder if she even knew how to make friends. 

• Love 4
19 hours ago, scarynikki12 said:

I also liked Lucy and Olivia because it meant Rory made SOME friends at college and I didn't find them as annoying as a lot of people. But I agree s7 was too little too late for Rory to start expanding her social circle, especially as she didn't have much in common with L&O. There were much more natural chances for her to make friends in s5 or 6: On the paper, her suitemates, Marty's friends or even her joining a club or something.

5 hours ago, junienmomo said:

I have a hard time naming anyone who has things in common with Rory except Jess. Lane and she seemed to be friends more by sharing a school than anything else. Paris was more like a colleague or teammate than a friend, even after the supposed friendship was presumed in college. It makes me wonder if she even knew how to make friends. 

Yeah, by the end of the series there was something super...off with Rory's ability to socialize. Lane felt like a kind of lifelong friend who you keep in touch with more out of nostalgia - especially as they barely hung out in later seasons. With Paris it felt like she did most of the pushing for them to stay close and Rory was too must of a doormat to resist so just put up with her. Jess and Marty were kinda her making friends, but again they seemed to initiate it more and were clearly crushing on her the whole time. And then she took on Logan's LDB friends as her own - even though they were people she had almost nothing in common with. Tbh that guidance counselor at Chilton kind of had a point when she was worried about Rory social skills. (Especially as Rory's big I-Can-Make-Friends defense to Headmaster Charleston was that....she had one friend from kindergarten, a boyfriend and hung out with her mom all the time). From the beginning of the series she went into Chilton with no interest or motivation to actually get to know her classmates, which made her look like a snob. And from the brief glimpse of SHH she seemed to be the same there. And she carried that disinterest in almost anyone else into Yale. 

I know TV shows often have main characters with limited social circles compared to real life for logistical reasons, but it seemed problematic with Rory. Lorelai was genuinely friends with a ton of townsfolk (Sookie, Miss Patty, Babette, even Michel). Emily had a super-active social circle with all her society friends. Even Lane had the band, and seemed to socialize at school (cheerleading, marching band etc.) But Rory practically avoided engaging with anyone unless they came to her first.  Partly because she's such a passive character but you also wonder how much having a ready-made, all-encompassing, rather-possessive best friend in her mom hampered her. 

Edited by TimetravellingBW
  • Love 12

I don't think of Lorelai as having a lot of friends. She doesn't really hang out with Patty, Babette or Michel. She is friendly with them but I would not count them as friends. Sookie is really her only friend other than Rory, and she held a superior position in both of those relationships.

It always bothered me that Lorelai never tried to make friends or even try when she met women That were her peers. She was too good for the Stars Hollow moms, didn't try with the booster club women and had no friends from her childhood. At least Rory tried!

Edited by CheeseBurgh
Edited out age
  • Love 8

None of the Gilmore family had many bosom friends. Rory had teenage confessions with Lane, and Lorelai had Sookie and Luke by her own admission. Richard had Pennilyn Lott as a friendship he worked to maintain. Emily had no one, which factored into her character.

Emily, Richard and Lorelai had circles of non-close friends. He had work, golf, and enough of a circle to join a barbershop quartet. Emily had the DAR and Lorelai had many townies. I don't see where Rory had any. If she'd wanted to get the counselor to stop watching her, she already had Louise and Madeleine. She could have tolerated Paris long enough for the four of them to be seen together. The Puffs business was an illogical setup. 

• Love 3

Ive watched 10 episodes of the season...and I do notice a difference this season then the other seasons.  its still full of one liners, but it seems less frantic to me.

I alsoblike that Rory has been called to task and not being coddled so much.  Case in point, the article that she was writing about Logan's work party...and how everyone who read it basically told her shs was being mean and judgmental.  Plus, logan not letting Rory off the hook about the Marty thing.  If ADP were still in charge...Rory wouldnt be called to task.

I also think that the Lorelei and chris marriage should have happened in season 3 or 4 before Luke.  However, I think this is better late then never.  Both were frozen in teenage love...and didnt really see how they were as adults.  we are seeing that the rose has fallen off the bud and shoeing that impulsive decisions have long term fall out....i hope.

So far, I think this is a nice reset on the primetime soap set up of season 6 thus far.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, CheeseBurgh said:

I don't think of Lorelai as having a lot of friends. She doesn't really hang out with Patty, Babette or Michel. She is friendly with them but I would not count them as friends. Sookie is really her only friend other than Rory, and she held a superior position in both of those relationships.

It always bothered me that Lorelai never tried to make friends or even try when she met women That were her peers. She was too good for the Stars Hollow moms, didn't try with the booster club women and had no friends from her childhood. At least Rory tried!

Lorelai strikes me as the type that doesn't want to share the spotlight with anyone, thus she doesn't seek out to many friends in her peer-group. Most of the women she interacted with during the show were her foils, Sherry, The Chilton and SH moms, etc. Of course, they were mostly written as caricatures. In fact I think Rachel was one of the few Lorelai peers that was written as a likable person, as much as Lorelai was.

It would've been fun and good character growth for Lorelai if she had made a potential friend who was just as attractive, smart, and funny as she was as well as being a genuinely nice person. Watching Lorelai have to grow up and realize she wasn't always the most important person in the room, and that she could be fine not being that.

• Love 8

I've just hit S7 in my rewatch (right on time for the revival!) and while I know lots of folks on here really dislike Christopher, his drive in date with Lorelai is by far the best date ever on the Gilmore Girls.

• Love 5
On 17.11.2016 at 6:43 PM, ChlcGirl said:

I've just hit S7 in my rewatch (right on time for the revival!) and while I know lots of folks on here really dislike Christopher, his drive in date with Lorelai is by far the best date ever on the Gilmore Girls.

Well sure. Let me get some cash and hand me a phone so I can call someone to set this all up and I will show you a good time. Just know that me handing out all that money and breaking a nail from making calls means I expect to get laid, otherwise I wouldn't go through all this hassle. And if anything interrupts my happy ending I will throw a tantrum.

All joking (or not) aside, I would agree with this except the effect is lessened for me not just because I don't like Chris but because he seemed to only have done it because he had a definite endgame in mind. Which automatically takes points away from both the gesture and the romantic part. If he hadn't expected to get laid for this, then yes it would have been the best date we have seen on the show (on screen).

• Love 3

I don't remember Chris throwing a tantrum. Probably, Chris wanted to get laid after that night but I don't think it was in such a dominant, sleazy way.  I don't hold it against Chris that he expected/hoped for sex any more than I hold it against Zack cooked a romantic dinner with Lane expecting that they'd finally have sex or that Luke came over in That Damn Donna Reed thinking "I have a chick in my house" is code for "Let's bang." Sex is an important fun part of most romances and I don't hold it against someone for hoping and planning for it to happen. 

I mean, I hate Chris and the frequent BUT THE DRIVE IN AND "THE WAY YOU LOOK TONIGHT" DANCE refrain of Lorelai/Christopher shippers just underscores how their relationship was usually a drag of disappointments and distance and then when married, drama, jealousy, and abandonment. But yeah, the drive-in date one of his TWO shining moments on the series. 

I also call it the best classic date where it's just the two partners alone together while they've already well-begun a dating relationship. If you count "dates" as a partner being part of a larger group at the very commencement of their dating relationship, I'd prefer Logan taking Rory to the safari Life & Death brigade or Luke taking Lorelai to Liz's Renaissance wedding. They were more active, varied experiences that demanded interaction and conversation than a truly nicely jazzed up screening of an old movie. 

Edited by Melancholy
  • Love 1

All joking (or not) aside, I would agree with this except the effect is lessened for me not just because I don't like Chris but because he seemed to only have done it because he had a definite endgame in mind. 

And the big bucks to make it happen.  Easy to make grand gestures when you don't have to put any effort into it, just pay someone to set it up.  Doubt it would have been so impressive if he was projecting on the basement wall and they were sitting on broken lawn chairs.

• Love 1

I'm not sure what money has to do with it.  I consider a great date as one where the person knows enough about the other to plan something that genuinely takes their likes/interest into consideration in a creative way.  By that criteria, it was a great date.

Would it be a better date if he showed it on an LCD projector?  Because we have a small one for "drive in" nights outside and the whole set up was $80 ($60 for LCD and $10 each for speakers and a canvas drop cloth)

• Love 9

It's more that Christopher's MO is to throw money at anything he wants that drives me nuts.  If he can't buy it, bribe it, or rent it he isn't interested.  The very first time he showed up, he made the grand gesture of attempting to buy a huge dictionary (epic fail).  Apparently a big purchase was supposed to make up for years of neglect. 

• Love 3

I'm not talking about whatever he did with Rory as a father or anything other than a date.  And it was an amazing date, one that most women would find incredibly romantic and creative.  If it makes you feel better, although it wasn't a date I thought Luke buying Lorelai the ice rink was another creative and romantic move, again by the criteria of knowing your partner and doing something unusual and memorable.

• Love 6

I thought it was a great date that showed he was listening to Lorelei (worried they were ruining movies), knew a movie she loved, and took care of the logistics to make it work. 

On June 18, 2016 at 2:28 PM, Eeksquire said:

Hmm.  That's interesting, because I take my cues from Rory concerning Christopher.  Throughout the entire series, she seems to have a much more clear-eyed view of him and how he is and what's realistic in dealing with him than Lorelai ever does - after the disastrous reunion that ended with Sherry's pregnancy, she repeatedly worries about her mother getting sucked back into a relationship with Christopher, even going so far as to tell Christopher to leave Lorelai alone.  The fact that he immediately disregarded her wishes - even when Lorelai was with Luke speaks for itself, to me.

In the end, Christopher has the gall to be surprised that Rory wasn't just thrilled that Chris and Lorelai got married - like, of course she's not happy.  If he had a shred of self-awareness about his relationship with his daughter and all the myriad times and ways he's failed both her and her mother over the years, he couldn't possibly be surprised.

If anyone wants to think of Rory being the special snow flake as she's accused of despite the numerous failures and hash criticism she's dealt with on the show, factor Christoper, her father into the equation and how he places Lorelai's needs above Rory everytime and tell me again which one of the Lorelai's is the show's favored flake.

• Love 6

Finally done with the original series and even saw the first episode of the Netflix series.

This season really fleshed Zack out for me. I now see what he has to offer Lane. I know most people did not watch this show for Zack or many of the peripheral characters. I find them to be refreshing. I also think this season did a good job with showing us April's personality. I like that kid. Paris grew into one of my favorite characters as well. I was prepared to dislike Liz and TJ when they were introduced but didn't.

With that said, this season just screamed that it was time to end. Both of the Gilmore Girls' romances this season just seemed so off. Lorelai seemed to work extra hard at convincing herself that she (romantically) loved Christopher, and I am not sure why this time it was so important to do that when the other times it wasn't. And Logan just never seemed like Rory's type, even after he supposedly became more responsible. Logan will forever be an entitled rich kid. I wonder if part of the takeaway is that Christopher, Logan, Lorelai, and Rory will always be entitled rich kids at heart, even if you take a couple out of that environment. And, to a certain extent, Lorelai and Rory just moved to an area where a whole town showered that entitlement dust all over them. The town celebrated Lorelai's birthday in one episode and then they all come out to celebrate Rory's graduation. I said in another thread that Stars Hollow loves their Gilmore Girls and that they do. That is not bad and I know this was for creative license. Still, I am going to be that viewer who feels bad for the unseen residents of Stars Hollow that go unnoticed.

Luke standing up to Anna and taking responsibility for April and wanting to be active in her life was awesome and contrasted Christopher and Rory's relationship in my opinion.

And of course, Rory does not get the NYT's job but she gets to cover (Pres.) Sen. Obama's campaign bid. I would expect nothing less. And no surprise at all that Luke and Lorelai end up together either.

Personally, if the show ended with Rory jobless but hopeful I would not have thought that an unhappy ending at all.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Enigma X said:

And, to a certain extent, Lorelai and Rory just moved to an area where a whole town showered that entitlement dust all over them.

I love this line. It's so true!

13 hours ago, Enigma X said:

With that said, this season just screamed that it was time to end. Both of the Gilmore Girls' romances this season just seemed so off. Lorelai seemed to work extra hard at convincing herself that she (romantically) loved Christopher, and I am not sure why this time it was so important to do that when the other times it wasn't.

I think you can parallel Luke and Lorelai a little in the later seasons. They're engaged in early S6 and I feel like Lorelai's first priority is getting married and Luke's first priority was having kids. This is partly grounded in what had been missing from their lives. From S4:

Lorelai: At least you got married.

Luke: At least, you have a kid. 

That driving force shapes their characters in S6-7. Once Luke instantly found a child of his, he was obsessed with making up for the last 12 years and parenting her. Once Lorelai saw her dream to get married slipping away, she became desperate to get married asap so she married Chris stupid-fast and then, was stuck trying to make a bad marriage work. There's some element that L/L was so impatient to realize their dreams/conceptions of what it meant to settle down and make a family that they ended up realizing them with other people/alone. 

• Love 6
On 12/21/2016 at 9:45 AM, Enigma X said:

Finally done with the original series and even saw the first episode of the Netflix series.

This season really fleshed Zack out for me. I now see what he has to offer Lane. I know most people did not watch this show for Zack or many of the peripheral characters. I find them to be refreshing. I also think this season did a good job with showing us April's personality. I like that kid. Paris grew into one of my favorite characters as well. I was prepared to dislike Liz and TJ when they were introduced but didn't.

With that said, this season just screamed that it was time to end. Both of the Gilmore Girls' romances this season just seemed so off. Lorelai seemed to work extra hard at convincing herself that she (romantically) loved Christopher, and I am not sure why this time it was so important to do that when the other times it wasn't. And Logan just never seemed like Rory's type, even after he supposedly became more responsible. Logan will forever be an entitled rich kid. I wonder if part of the takeaway is that Christopher, Logan, Lorelai, and Rory will always be entitled rich kids at heart, even if you take a couple out of that environment. And, to a certain extent, Lorelai and Rory just moved to an area where a whole town showered that entitlement dust all over them. The town celebrated Lorelai's birthday in one episode and then they all come out to celebrate Rory's graduation. I said in another thread that Stars Hollow loves their Gilmore Girls and that they do. That is not bad and I know this was for creative license. Still, I am going to be that viewer who feels bad for the unseen residents of Stars Hollow that go unnoticed.

Luke standing up to Anna and taking responsibility for April and wanting to be active in her life was awesome and contrasted Christopher and Rory's relationship in my opinion.

And of course, Rory does not get the NYT's job but she gets to cover (Pres.) Sen. Obama's campaign bid. I would expect nothing less. And no surprise at all that Luke and Lorelai end up together either.

Personally, if the show ended with Rory jobless but hopeful I would not have thought that an unhappy ending at all.

I liked the job Rory ended up getting. While improbably (as she did take the semester off), she was the editor of the Yale Daily for a while in school, seemed to being doing okay in her classes. She said it herself, the job didn't pay well at all but covered her expenses, and despite what what Logan's asshole dad said, people, like the advisor of the paper at Chilton, co winning the speech during her senior year at Chilton and the editor of the paper she did her internship, told her as much. She didn't get her dream job, but she got a good starter job.

I agree with @Melancholy, and I am sure Lorelai getting older and desiring more children came into it. Trouble was, it was Luke that changed her mind about wanting to marry someone, and marrying Christopher "was just a solution to a problem". I do think that Lorelai does love Christopher, but in a very platonic way and they don't compliment each other in away that marriage would work. 

• Love 1

I just sort of skipped parts of the revival, so wasn't completely sure which characters returned. I wanted to see if Marty did, and read an article which mentioned ASP saying there just wasn't time for his character (I suppose that was her being magnanimous as what I did see felt like it was more padded than a professor's jacket from 1965). What made me laugh was that the person who wrote the article said it must have been down to how Marty's relationship with Rory was ruined in season 7, and that ASP clearly knew after what happened in season 7 there was no going back. 

(this was written before the show was released)

Well, since ASP decided to pretend wide swathes of season 7 didn't exist, that gives me permission to just canonically decide the same is true for Marty...and at least be glad he didn't get the Paul role...

Edited by Pete Martell
On 9/10/2016 at 9:37 PM, clack said:

This would have put Rory in an awkward position, one in which she would have had to go along with the pretense or acknowledge her own past problematic behavior. " No, we actually were good friends until I started hanging out with people who had bullied and mocked him for not being rich, and  I no longer had room for him in my life. Huh, putting it like that makes me sound like I was a bit of an asshole, doesn't it?"

Errr...no...he left because he wanted to be more than friends.  He liked her.  She liked Logan.  No more Duck Soup.

I don't get all the Marty love.  Maybe it's my own bad experiences with guys who pretended to be my friend but bailed as soon as they realized they weren't getting in my pants.

• Love 8
On 10/24/2016 at 6:16 PM, hippielamb said:

Rory acts like a little girl while meeting her idol, hiding behind the corner. It's in character for her but makes me doubt her success as a go-getter reporter type. 

This is where I agree with  Mitchum and that stupid revival. 

Rory is a very intelligent and competent person.  What she is NOT is someone who takes initiative.  She is not a go-getter.  She takes direction well and works well within a structured environment.  She does not do well in nebulous situations or where she has to demonstrate gumption.  This is why, IMO, she has so few friends (something discussed earlier in the thread).  She accepts the friends that drop into her life.  If the friends choose to stay, they are there.  But putting herself out there, risking failure, carving out her own path...that is not a Rory thing to do.  Which is why she may have idolized Christiane Amanpour, but she was never going to be her.

• Love 9
On 10/2/2016 at 2:41 PM, hippielamb said:

Loved their scene about the stolen Police t-shirt. It always makes me laugh. Who hasn't had an ex steal a piece of clothing you love?

"No matter how much you might like a girl, don't give her your best shirt.  You'll never get it back."

-Your best shirt, Those Who Dig

Great song.

• Love 1

I am watching season 7 right now. Why, when Luke was in court trying to gain some sort of partial custody arrangement for April, did they not take April's wishes into consideration? She was certainly old enough. At least here in Washington state they will take a 12 -13 year old's inclinations into these type decisions.

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

I am watching season 7 right now. Why, when Luke was in court trying to gain some sort of partial custody arrangement for April, did they not take April's wishes into consideration? She was certainly old enough. At least here in Washington state they will take a 12 -13 year old's inclinations into these type decisions.

See, now you’re trying to put logic into Gilmore Girls and ASP. Asking April? That’s just crazy talk!!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, HawkeyeLo said:

Random aside: I don't know why, but drunk Logan in "Will You Be My Lorelai Gilmore?" always cracks me up. Just the way he says, "Who puts bread in the refrigerator? I hate cold bread!"

He did do drunk well.

I like what they did to season 7 Luke too. He was more likeable and they actually made his wardrobe fit it. During the revival we get ASP’s clueless Luke with clothes two sizes too big and an awful wig that gives him more hair than when he was younger. 

• Love 4
On 8/23/2018 at 8:50 AM, FictionLover said:

I like what they did to season 7 Luke too. He was more likeable and they actually made his wardrobe fit it. During the revival we get ASP’s clueless Luke with clothes two sizes too big and an awful wig that gives him more hair than when he was younger. 

Since the revival theme seemed to be them all regressing, this feels appropriate. ;)

What the hell is with Luke and Lorelai's kiss in the finale?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?  It was the tamest thing, it was from an angle where I couldn't even see their faces, and the camera panned above their heads right away to stare at Rory's stupid tent party!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure this has been covered, but I'm not an experienced GG head!   Please help!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

What the hell is with Luke and Lorelai's kiss in the finale?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?  It was the tamest thing, it was from an angle where I couldn't even see their faces, and the camera panned above their heads right away to stare at Rory's stupid tent party!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure this has been covered, but I'm not an experienced GG head!   Please help!

They always kissed like that.

24 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

They always kissed like that.

They had some good kisses. The kiss on the porch after seeing St Elmo's Fire was a good one. 

But I digress. I hated how they panned up over their heads. Come on give them a few more seconds of their "reunion"

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, lulu1960 said:

They had some good kisses. The kiss on the porch after seeing St Elmo's Fire was a good one. 

But I digress. I hated how they panned up over their heads. Come on give them a few more seconds of their "reunion"

We had so many scenes of them lying naked in bed (under the covers but still) very obviously post-coital.  It made NOOOOOOO sense to pan away from the kiss!  I'm so annoyed.

• Love 2

For the most part seasons 6 and 7 are dead to me. 

But I must be softening in my old age, because I'm pondering what it must have been like to be in David Rosenthal's shoes.

If you inherited the scorched earth train wreck of S6, what would your season 7 be like?

Mine would probably have

• Lorelai' sex with Christopher would be part of a nightmare that Luke has. When he wakes up he begins to earn Lorelai's trust again.
  • Anna gets what she deserves somehow 
  • Rory gets her act a little more together 
  • Love 7

You're made of stronger stuff than I am. I haven't watched S 6 and 7 since they aired live. I'm doing a rewatch now but I haven't made it to 6 and 7 yet. My plan is to read the reviews and ep recaps and pick and choose which ones I could stomach. 

All I can say is for season 7 I can maybe see a scenario where Lorelai loses her mind and sleeps with Christopher, but marriage? No way. That is about all I can recall except I will never believe it was in character for Luke to lie to Lorelai about the kid, and etc. all the way to the breakup. 

Rory I tune out once Logan comes on the scene. 

As for the kissing being so lame- my understanding is it was bc the actors did not like one another. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, cleo said:

All I can say is for season 7 I can maybe see a scenario where Lorelai loses her mind and sleeps with Christopher, but marriage? No way. That is about all I can recall except I will never believe it was in character for Luke to lie to Lorelai about the kid, and etc. all the way to the breakup. 

I agree on both. At that point, I'm sorry, Lorelai would never have married Christopher and at that point, Chris just had Lorelai back in his mind, to then go straight to marriage even if they had known each other over 20 years. No, don't think so. EVERYTHING dealing with Luke and his unknown daughter just never made sense from the moron that was Anna to the fact Luke wouldn't have run straight to Lorelai or DEMANDED a REAL DNA test. 

• Love 5