Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E13: Aftermath

• Start Topic

(edited)
On May 27, 2016 at 9:17 AM, woodscommaelle said:

Why do Zach and his wife have/need eight animals?  That just seems excessive.  I have ONE cat and that's plenty.  For me.  I guess YMMV.

Eh, what's the big deal though? If (and I say "if") they have a good home to share with animals in need, why not? I'd do it in a minute if my life allowed for it. Too many animals are homeless as it is and, unless I missed it, there was no information shared as to why they have puppies, so I can't make any judgments irresponsibility on the parts of Zac and Mrs. Zac. Again, though, "if"--I hope they have the time/energy/resources to make the home a good one for the pets in their care (especially if they keep leaving the premises for two-month chunks of time).

Not normal in my house.  I just had my 27th anniversary this month and I can honestly say that I have NEVER told him that I hate him, and he's never said it to me.  

Haha, it is actually "normal" in my house! However, it's not said in anger (it's reserved for stupid situations that absolutely don't warrant it!) and it is said like Seth Rogen in Pineapple Express (he's in a physical fight with a bad guy and actually yells, "I hate you!" at him, which always makes me laugh).

Even good ol' boy Zachary has been on tv before, on some show called "Homicide Hunters".

Really? The Joe Kenda show, Homicide Hunter (no s)?

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 4
(edited)
14 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

Eh, what's the big deal though? If (and I say "if") they have a good home to share with animals in need, why not? I'd do it in a minute if my life allowed for it. Too many animals are homeless as it is and, unless I missed it, there was no information shared as to why they have puppies, so I can't make any judgments irresponsibility on the parts of Zac and Mrs. Zac. Again, though, "if"--I hope they have the time/energy/resources to make the home a good one for the pets in their care (especially if they keep leaving the premises for two-month chunks of time).

Haha, it is actually "normal" in my house! However, it's not said in anger (it's reserved for stupid situations that absolutely don't warrant it!) and it is said like Seth Rogen in Pineapple Express (he's in a physical fight with a bad guy and actually yells, "I hate you!" at him, which always makes me laugh).

Really? The Joe Kenda show, Homicide Hunter (no s)?

Oh yeah, we say it jokingly all the time but we've never said it in a serious way. 

Tattle Teeny, if you want a taste of how sick and twisted my husband and I are when we joke around together, check out the embarrassing moments thread in Everything Else here, I wrote a post about it there.    It's our similar twisted sense of humor that has kept us together for so long. 

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Maharincess said:

It's our similar twisted sense of humor that has kept us together for so long. 

Finding the someone who understands--or better yet, matches--your twisted sense of humor is invaluable!

• Love 3

Another local interview with Sheriff Noel - this time a former inmate is suing the jail for supposedly being denied feminine hygiene products.  It was fun watching him dance around the word(s).  'The officers hand 'em out throughout the pods,'......'We have a large amount of these,'......The lawsuit said we rely on donations but we do buy our own, we have plenty of 'em......'  

At least the male reporter had absolutely no qualms saying the words feminine hygiene products.    

• Useful 1
5 hours ago, aleshel said:

Another local interview with Sheriff Noel - this time a former inmate is suing the jail for supposedly being denied feminine hygiene products.  It was fun watching him dance around the word(s).  'The officers hand 'em out throughout the pods,'......'We have a large amount of these,'......The lawsuit said we rely on donations but we do buy our own, we have plenty of 'em......'  

At least the male reporter had absolutely no qualms saying the words feminine hygiene products.    

Ha!

On May 27, 2016 at 8:51 AM, dstranger99 said:

I'd so love to see Barbra in an all holes filled gang bang so at least her loud mouth would be useful for something.

What?! Where the hell did this sentiment come from...? I understand disliking Barbra, but she was clearly one of those plain, invisible teens growing up, who is finally getting some attention. However, I don't wish anything bad to happen to her, least of all a 'gang bang'.

• Love 7
On May 27, 2016 at 7:41 PM, Madding crowd said:

I didn't mind Miraym, but as a teacher I do cringe at people using the term "short bus". I'm sure she meant no harm and Tami and Barbra were looking for anything to get upset about. I'm not even sure it was about race; they both their entire time walking around waiting to be disrespected in some way. Gee, disrespected in prison-what a new concept.

I, too, am a teacher but I have to tell you, I am pretty sure two over-reactive gals like Tami and Barbra spent a lot of their school time receiving help in the Resource room, and that's the real reason Maryum's comment hit too close to home for them.

• Love 11

Robert is a fascinating person. I would love to know how closely his persona on this show matches his real-life persona.
I realize his on-screen persona could be, and probably is, a total fabrication... but there was some strange logic to it - if I could sum his mentality up, it seems he just fully committed to being completely ok, and even happy, about everything- negative comments from others, negative experiences. Its an interesting psychological strategy. I don't think I've ever seen someone on reality TV with this specific persona.

(edited)
8 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

Robert is a fascinating person. I would love to know how closely his persona on this show matches his real-life persona.
I realize his on-screen persona could be, and probably is, a total fabrication... but there was some strange logic to it - if I could sum his mentality up, it seems he just fully committed to being completely ok, and even happy, about everything- negative comments from others, negative experiences. Its an interesting psychological strategy. I don't think I've ever seen someone on reality TV with this specific persona.

I think the more important question is whether someone with his persona (real or made-up) should have been recruited to be a fake jail inmate for a TV show whose stated (and serious) purpose was to root out drugs and corruption. It seems as if to Robert it's all about Robert all the time.

Edited by Quilt Fairy
  • Love 3

How is Roberta teacher? I think he was casted for drama. 

Tami and Barbra are racists. 

Barbra thinking she's street smart and tough now. Ha. Ok. Honey you wouldn't survive in the streets,hood, or prison. 

Can't believe Mayrum is actually a social worker. Her dad is a legend yet she's so down to earth. Fuck Tami and Barbra. They're annoying. 

• Love 7
On 6/7/2016 at 3:59 PM, ChristmasJones said:

I never saw him as being happy about everything, but about purposely presenting himself as being so amazing that even jail was a breeze for him.  Prisoners are coddled - who WOULDN'T want a 60 day vacation with cable tv and all the candy bars you can eat?  For somebody like him, it would be AWESOME!

He was able to pull off the solitary because he's an introvert, he had books to read, and it saved him from dealing with actual conditions in the pod. But no way was he going back, because he wasn't sure he could maintain his facade there.  Like every person who ever pulled up lame once they realized they weren't going to win the race.

• Love 2

I think once he put the towel over the camera he should have been pulled from the program. Just execute the appropriate exit strategy and get him the hell out of there. What purpose did 30 days in ad seg  serve, except to get a few (blessedly) fleeting glances of a man who appears to have some kind of narcissistic personality disorder?  (Full disclosure, I am not a psychiatrist or medical professional of any kind.)

• Love 2
(edited)
On June 9, 2016 at 3:33 AM, Darknight said:

How is Roberta teacher? I think he was casted for drama. 

Tami and Barbra are racists. 

Barbra thinking she's street smart and tough now. Ha. Ok. Honey you wouldn't survive in the streets,hood, or prison. 

Can't believe Mayrum is actually a social worker. Her dad is a legend yet she's so down to earth. Fuck Tami and Barbra. They're annoying. 

I got the same impression about Tami and Barbra. It was weird the way they singled out Maryum. Especially since she was obviously such a nice and almost motherly presence. It is a really big stretch to assume that someone would want to paint a black foot stomping a flag. I don't get why their minds went there. It reminded me of conspiracy theorists trying to find meaning in every little thing.

Then the short bus thing. Wow. I don't understand why anybody takes offense to saying short bus unless it is being said in a way that pokes fun at those who ride those buses. It is a real bus. It is yellow. It is short. Disabled people ride them to school. These are facts. Am I supposed to say the bus is just as long as all other buses so that I don't hurt its feelings. I think we've taken political correctness too far. Maryum even said, "My brother took that bus", and the two bitches even took offense to that. It's Maryum's brother! She's allowed to describe his bus. It's a short, yellow bus. Feel free to call it a big pink elephant when it comes by but nobody will know what you're talking about. So, yeah it did seem like they were just hating on her because she was the only black Muslim woman in the place. I just got that vibe.

Somebody upthread also said that Barbra seems like she was a quiet, unknown in high school. I don't get that impression. She's very opinionated and outspoken. I'm sure she was the same in school and strikes me as the type who would do whatever it takes to climb the social ladder, including but not limited to nitpicking. 

Tami thinks she's such a badass but when Maryum turned around and approached her about the short bus thing, Tami averted her eyes and slightly leaned back. Yeah. If Maryum wasn't as cool and collected as she is, Yaz would've put Tami to sleep and I promise you that. The moral of the story is, you never know who you're fucking with. It could be Muhammed Ali's daughter.

Edited by Nowhere
  • Love 6
On May 26, 2016 at 7:46 PM, Pandora said:

Remember Barbra got  soooooo upset at the whole foot of color stomping the badly drawn American flag.

Well, given she asked Maryam the simple damn question," Is that a foot?" I guess she is entitled to her outrage upon confirmation of her supicions that someone would jazz up a picture of aheart with a foot stomping a flag. Oh, wait.

On May 27, 2016 at 11:41 PM, Chewy101 said:

Not to mention when her bunk mate got out and left all of her crap and people were dividing it up. Barbra's reaction made it seem like they cut the girl to pieces and sold them to the highest bidder.

I  am surprised that Barb and Tami were not warmer to Yaz during the reveal.... But she was such a pompass thing- even during this interview, I guess they are permanently over her. Seems silly. I think Tami and Barbra were told by producers to maintain the drama here. If things were resolved, that is not good TV.

Having Barbra accuse someone of being a "big talker" is pot meet kettle. Barbra acting superior over Yaz, when her own behaviour was so childish, is such a joke.

Jeff:  Some seriously crazy guy might kill me. I want out.

Barbra: some girls divided up a former pod member's leftovers. They are inhumane. I want out.

Barbra-- a bunch of women are aggressively harrassing a woman by accusing her of faking pregnancy. Not my monkeys.

Barbra: Yaz, the one woman who has been actively helping other inmates in the pod let slip a crude phrase in service of stopping the above mentioned harrassment of a person most likely suffering from mental illness.  Yaz is irredeemably depraved. All that "GED" stuff is just evidence of her being uppit-- uh, superior.

Barbra was pretty much the Jeff of the women's pod, only they manipulated her for affection rather than commissary. She bought it like a total idiot, and they milked her. She drove me bugfuck. The minute she set foot in the pod, she was trying to sort out the social Darwinism.

Tami mostly drove me bugfuck in relation to her teaming up with Barbra. 

Edited by bunnywithanaxe
  • Love 5