Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
AndySmith

Enjoying the Cabana Boys: Gone (But Not Forgotten) Past Characters

Given how many characters have come and gone in this show, who are the ones you miss, and the ones you;re glad left and never came back?

Given the title, obviously, I think I probably miss Sally the most. Of course, I do also miss quite a few others, like Macy, Donna, Sheila, Maggie, Stephanie, James, Lauren, Margo, Clarke, and Felicia.

The actress playing Margo is on Days IIRC. In the retro episodes she had chemistry with nearly everyone she interacted with and I loved her friendship with Kristin.  

• Like 1

I also liked her friendship with Eric. I think it was one of the few platonic relationships this show has had between a man and woman.

Granted, had she stayed on the show longer, I'm sure they would have "gone there", so to speak, eventually.

• Like 1

It seemed like Margo had a thing for Eric in the very beginning. Of course, she ended up with Bill Sr. and then later Clark.

I wished TIIC had made better use of her son Mark on the show. You'd think with Bridget being a doctor that pairing would write itself. And bonus that he had a brother close to his age that she could have a semi incestuous triangle with (better than one involving Brooke and Nick, for damn sure).

• Like 1

And she also had something with Ridge, too. And I enjoyed her prickly relationships with Stephani and Caroline.

The thing with Mark was, it seemed like they were going for a Mark/Bridgette/CJ triangle, and I remember liking it initially. But they jettisoned that when they decided to expand the Marones and brought in Oz (or whatever his name was) as a love interest for Bridgette.

Edited by AndySmith
  • Like 1

Oscar, actually.

I loved the Marones, but I think there was room enough on the show for both them and the Spectras to coexist and even occasionally team up when Stephanie inevitably pissed off one of the families. I realize Darlene Conley's health was in decline the last year she was on the show before her passing, but certainly CJ could have gone on to head the company, no? Or Aly even?

• Like 1

Or they could have just not killed Macy and have her take the lead, being supported by Sally, CJ, Darla, Clark, and Deacon.

• Like 2