Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E13: Restitution

Raylan became so unlikeable to me in this season, I wanted Darryl to mess him up. I think the ending to that storyline was lame.

All those boring scenes with Ava paid off. Her precarious situation and desperation was well established, making her decision to turn understandable.

• Love 2

I think Ava turning made more sense to me than her getting together with Boyd in the first place.

I found Boyd's story very compelling this season. He kept struggling and despite him usually being one of the smartest men in the room, but it also showed that he is just a big fish in a small pond with a lot of very stupid personnel to choose from. For all his smarts, he still doesn't get it that a life of crime in Harlan isn't going to get him very far.

I also had a hard time with Raylan this season. A lot of his actions and behaviors crossed the line with me. Especially his tendency to play dumb until something very bad happens got on my last nerve. Also whenever he made a point that he is the law and can do whatever, I found myself being disgusted. I loved Art punching him but but I fear he might have forgiven him and that was it. I hope there is some redemption and reflection that actually has some consequences in the last season, otherwise, it will be hard to watch for me.

One thing that stood out was him basically just standing there watching when Darryl was shot by his sister, twice. Not that I didn't want Darryl to die a painful and horrible death but that kinda also crossed a line with me.

I binge-watched after it was over. I find this show is better when watching in larger increments of 2-3 episodes in a row.

• Love 3

I love Justified but this finale comes very close to jumping the shark. The way they had Darryl dies screams of desperation to "out-violent" previous seasons' bad guy deaths. What will next season be, Raylon cuts someone's heart out and makes them eat it as they die? Overall this was a good season but Raylon has gotten infuriatingly 2 dimensional and the chincy violent death of Darryl should have been better handled. 

• Love 2

VLove: "And yet, Fitz lives." I love it, and I agree.

Every episode (and have only been watching since Season 3) I'm more and more gobsmacked by what an incredible actor Walter Goggins is. Not that the rest of the main cast isn't terrific, but Goggins is just unbelievable - not a false line reading from him ever. Must look him up and see what else he's done.

He guest stars on Sons of Anarchy as a Transgender person & he is outstanding (& pretty!). He's the best part of that drack IMO.

• Love 2

I will agree with all of the people that mentioned Rapaport as being miscast as Daryl. He accent was rather awful at times, and he was not sexy (if that is what they were going for).  Daryl was awful! I'm glad he got shot by Wendy.

Raylan seemed to be letting the family hash it out themselves. It wasn't as bad as the Nicky Augustine thing, but it wasn't such a good thing for him to do, either.

AVA! I hope you make it through the last season alive.

• Love 1